HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?

Go down 
+6
Sargent D
RebelliousQueen
Mass Distraction
DeadlyGenetics
NiteKrawler
Monster Mash
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? Empty
PostSubject: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Maybe I'm goign to be posting something that's been known for years, but I can't help notice that all of the monsters in RE1 are based on some classic movie monster.

Zombie: Dead series, Zombi, countless other films
Cerberus: Cujo
Hunter: The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Crow: The Birds
Giant Spider: Some black and white monster film that I forgot the name of
Chimera: The Fly
Giant Snake: Conan the Barbarian (not horror)
Neptune: Jaws
Tyrant: Frankenstein

Has anyone else noticed this? In following games, the creatures were not derivative at all for the most part, but I think in the first one, there was an attempt to tie them back to classic movie monsters.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Aside from the chimera, none of those creatures are original at all. Maybe the hunters, slightly. But to say they are based on old movies is kind of reaching. I'd say they are almost all just based on creatures we normally fear.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:47 am

You mean like what certain people could have a phobia of? That would be pretty cool as that could make a game with a mutated version of what you're already afraid of in it even scarier then it's already suppose to be.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:44 am

I never thought of it like that. Nice resemblance indeed.

About the movie with a giant spider, might you be talking about Tarantula?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:56 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
You mean like what certain people could have a phobia of? That would be pretty cool as that could make a game with a mutated version of what you're already afraid of in it even scarier then it's already suppose to be.
That is really horrible. Let see, I'm afraid of giant cockroaches and giant centipedes, I remembered seeing them on RE: Outbreak File#2 The cockroaches.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:09 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
That is really horrible. Let see, I'm afraid of giant cockroaches and giant centipedes, I remembered seeing them on RE: Outbreak File#2 The cockroaches.
Don't forget Centurion in Zer0 Razz
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:50 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Don't forget Centurion in Zer0 Razz

WTF! Now I remembered! I'm really afraid of this one! The Centurion :/
Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? RE0Centurion
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Then thats what makes a good horror game. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:04 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:

You mean in the stage where you wander around in the subway? I can't quite remember its' title at the moment but those were giant mutated fleas that doubled in size if they stayed clamped onto you long enough and sucked enough of your blood. I can't remember any cockroaches in RE: Outbreak File#2.

And as for Centurion, I disliked those, and they disliked me. It was a horrible love/hate relationship we had. I would win some, and they would almost win others. I just knew once I entered a certain area to have Billy at the ready with the shotgun.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:02 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

You mean in the stage where you wander around in the subway? I can't quite remember its' title at the moment but those were giant mutated fleas that doubled in size if they stayed clamped onto you long enough and sucked enough of your blood. I can't remember any cockroaches in RE: Outbreak File#2.

And as for Centurion, I disliked those, and they disliked me. It was a horrible love/hate relationship we had. I would win some, and they would almost win others. I just knew once I entered a certain area to have Billy at the ready with the shotgun.

Gigabite =P and I think the smaller ones were called megabites, anyone remember the movie arachnophobia? Every time I get to the black tiger in REmake I think of that movie. I think the design team could have being Mikami though said that Romero's old zombie films so night and dawn were inspiration for the zombies in the original resident evil as for the other enemies again its being said their based on peoples fears like spiders as an example.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:15 am

DXP wrote:
anyone remember the movie arachnophobia?
That's one awesome movie, definitely one of my favorites.

Not bo be confused with Arachnid, which is a completely different movie. Sometimes people tend to mix those movie names.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:40 am

That centurion, doesn't look cute. :S

I hate monsters like that, i HATE CENTIPEDES.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:47 am

The only thing that has ever frightened me about RE so far is the bees in the original/remake.

And that's mainly just because I have a fear of bees.

Althought its mainly just a serious HATRED of the wretched little things Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:32 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
The only thing that has ever frightened me about RE so far is the bees in the original/remake.

Althought its mainly just a serious HATRED of the wretched little things Evil or Very Mad
Oooh. Then you would LOVE to fight the Queen Bee in Dead Aim Razz
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:08 am

DXP wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

Gigabite =P and I think the smaller ones were called megabites, anyone remember the movie arachnophobia? Every time I get to the black tiger in REmake I think of that movie. I think the design team could have being Mikami though said that Romero's old zombie films so night and dawn were inspiration for the zombies in the original resident evil as for the other enemies again its being said their based on peoples fears like spiders as an example.

Arachnophobia did come to mind, but I didn't mention it because those spiders were normal-sized.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:25 am

Monster Mash wrote:
Zombie: Dead series, Zombi, countless other films

Way to half-ass it. Neutral

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oooh. Then you would LOVE to fight the Queen Bee in Dead Aim

Wait a minute, who is the "Queen Bee in Dead Aim"? Is that the thing you have to kill in the laboratory area, almost right before you get that one special BOW gun thing if I recall correctly...?

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:37 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Wait a minute, who is the "Queen Bee in Dead Aim"? Is that the thing you have to kill in the laboratory area, almost right before you get that one special BOW gun thing if I recall correctly...?

Indeed. The giant bee looking thing surrounded by smaller bees.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

TBH I thought it looked more like a different insect, not a Bee, which was why I was confused. But that was so brief, and the enemy was so ambiguous looking, I doubt anybody with a legit Bee phobia would've had any problems with that part.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

TBH I thought it looked more like a different insect, not a Bee, which was why I was confused. But that was so brief, and the enemy was so ambiguous looking, I doubt anybody with a legit Bee phobia would've had any problems with that part.
But weren't there those smaller bees flying around? I thought they were really similar to those seen in the original.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

But weren't there those smaller bees flying around? I thought they were really similar to those seen in the original.

Hmmm...it's possible. I haven't played it for awhile, and am going purely on memory. That part is a tad vague for me. You could be right though.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

Oooh. Then you would LOVE to fight the Queen Bee in Dead Aim Razz

Jesus, there's a freakin' queen? Shocked

I'm gonna pump so many freakin rounds into that thing whenever I decide to pick up Dead Aim Razz
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:43 pm

DXP wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

Arachnophobia was an awesome movie. You are referring to the one where the spider hitchhiked to America by way of the dead man's coffin, correct? And then bred with a common house spider.

Eight-Legged Freaks is a humorous take on giant spiders also.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:36 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
How could I have forgotten that one? It was one of my favorite movies alongside Evolution when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
How could I have forgotten that one? It was one of my favorite movies alongside Evolution when I was a kid.

Yeah Mass, how could you forget that one? The spiders actually make noises as they get dragged around and killed! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?   Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters? Empty

Back to top Go down

Were RE1 monsters based on classic movie monsters?
Page 1 of 1