HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..

Go down 
+7
Mass Distraction
Evil Rage42
DXP
ozzman
Vandal
NiteKrawler
resevil80
11 posters
AuthorMessage
resevil80
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Would you like to see it...Would you support it on kickstarter....Just gauging the interest in such an endeavor...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm

I've always wanted a movie based on the first game, but only if it was done well. And I am one of the few that think Romero's script for the first film was garbage. The closer you stick to the game, the better it will turn out on film. Unfortunately, that has never once happened. Ever. So if someone changed virtually nothing when converting from game to film, I am certain it would turn out extremely well.
Back to top Go down
resevil80
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:44 pm

This would be a fan made film, with whatever can be raised on Kickstarter ect...There would be a couple of changes...But it would stick to source material....
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:25 pm

The kickstarter would have to have several thousand dollars for me to invest in it. To be honest, fan made films are usually crap, and if your kickstarter's goal was like $2000-$5000, I just don't see a good movie getting made. If you're serious about making a good Resident Evil film with a medium to high production value, I'd pledge if the goal was about $50,000-$100,000.

But if you're going to be out there on set with your handheld HV40 and editing it on iMovie, with a production team of six people, you can just forget about having a kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

Playstation Network xXLittleDragonXx

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:03 pm

my dream cast includes

Scout Taylor-compton as Rebecca
Shawn Roberts as wesker
david boreanez as chris
julia voth as jill
and tyler mane as barry
Back to top Go down
resevil80
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:43 am

I was thinking 10,000-20,000....And I think it can be pulled off for that....I am still in the planning stages and I am scouting locations..Here's the deal, if I can't do it justice, I won't touch it...But I think Resident Evil deserves a film that sticks to the source material...The original game was creepy as hell and was oozing with atmosphere...I'll let you guys know more once I get further into production...It may not happen...But I have a pretty enthusiastic team of about 10 at the moment....And I haven't even started looking for crew...
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:05 am

But then the big question would be "Why watch a movie that matches the game 100% when anyone could just pick the game up and play it?" to make it a success you need to alter somethings otherwise we will know exactly what happens take both REmake and the original into consideration note how capcom made changes and apply it to the movie. Me on the other hand welcomes a movie based on the first game.
Back to top Go down
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am

I would see a movie based on the first game ONLY if it was animated like Degeneration and Damnation. The live action movies belong to Paul. If they do animate it, it would be pretty easy to make the characters look exactly like they did in the actual games.
Back to top Go down
resevil80
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 am

Trust me...its not going to be 100%....Some things have to be added and changed to make it work as a feature anyway...I've also thought about using some stuff from the novels(I thought they did a good job and filling in the gaps ect)...

I really want to make this a movie for the fans, Because thats what all I am...I want input from the fans, and I will need the Resident Evil Communities help to pull it off...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:50 am

Yeah, 10 people is definitely not enough, especially if you have a high production value like $200,000. You're going to need grip, gaffers, set designers, PA's, prop makers, costumes, buyers, etc. This is assuming you have everyone in the main production down, like the DP, the script sup, producers, casting, etc.

If you're absolutely serious about making this, the crew, the money, and the equipment is necessary. Also make the film non-profit, so copywrites will be easier to get past.

At any rate, is it possible for us to see the script?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

DXP wrote:
But then the big question would be "Why watch a movie that matches the game 100% when anyone could just pick the game up and play it?" to make it a success you need to alter somethings otherwise we will know exactly what happens take both REmake and the original into consideration note how capcom made changes and apply it to the movie. Me on the other hand welcomes a movie based on the first game.

Actually the big question is, why is your logic so fail? They do it with books and they become some of the best movies ever made. They stick to source material almost 100%. Your question is invalid.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:25 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Actually the big question is, why is your logic so fail? They do it with books and they become some of the best movies ever made. They stick to source material almost 100%. Your question is invalid.

Except that isn't my question that is what I read on several other forums, word of mouth etc therefore its their question that is invalid...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Evil Rage42 wrote:
The live action movies belong to Paul.
He is the one person they should NOT belong to. Well, him and Uwe Boll.

In any case, anyone could make movies out of RE as long as Capcom approves of it. The only thing that belongs to Paul is that horrible abomination some people call a "movie series".
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

In any case, anyone could make movies out of RE as long as Capcom approves of it. The only thing that belongs to Paul is that horrible abomination some people call "Alice".

Fixed =P
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:09 pm

I would love to see a film animated in the style of Degeneration.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Believe or not, I wouldn't actually mind. As long as it is not in 3d...
Back to top Go down
resevil80
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:30 pm

200,000 thousand dollar budget.....LOL...Thats not going to happen....15,000-20,000 tops...Copyrights don't matter, I am not looking to make money off of this...I would be making it for fans of the games...And the 10 people...I haven't even started looking for crew yet, the script isn't even written yet...We are in the EARLY planning stages...I'm just asking if Resident Evil fans would enjoy something like this....Thats all...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't think we would mind anything fan made of RE. I mean, none of it is official. Also, beware that copyrights still apply even if you are not going to make any money off of the film. Technically, it is illegal to take anything with a copyright that isn't yours and show it publicly. Money does not matter.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Evil Rage42 wrote:
The live action movies belong to Paul.
He is the one person they should NOT belong to. Well, him and Uwe Boll.

In any case, anyone could make movies out of RE as long as Capcom approves of it. The only thing that belongs to Paul is that horrible abomination some people call a "movie series".

I was just going to tell him to shut up, but this works out just as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie dedicated to the original game that started it all. CG or Live action if it's done the right way as most are saying.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh, read your last post wrong. Yeah, if you're going for $20,000 don't pay your crew. I was on a set with a $15,000 budget, we got about 20 minutes worth of footage, shot for one week, and no one was paid with a crew of about 50 people or so. If your budget is only $20,000, then I'm unsure of how long or how good the film is going to be to be honest.

This is our imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1907711/
Back to top Go down
resevil80
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 am

You can do more than you think with $20,000....
Back to top Go down
MasterOfUnlocking
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
MasterOfUnlocking

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:26 pm

I've always wanted movies actually based on the games.

I would love to see a movie of the first game. It could even be CG animated like Resident Evil Degeneration. As long as it sticks close to the game I'm sure it would turn out great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..   Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Movie Based on the First game..
Page 1 of 1