Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Help with a fan made 3D game?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

Help with a fan made 3D game? Empty
PostSubject: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:51 am

So me and a couple other people on a differnt site are putting together a RE 2D game. We currently need some help with
Voice acting, Sound track, Drawing, etc.
If you feel you can contribute in any way PLEASE send me a PM and I will tell you how to contact the director and the other people helping develop

Last edited by kris on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Law- wait for it- suit!
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:18 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 am

You're really going to have to give us a bit more info.

Over the years there's lots of people working on unofficial fangames and none of them ever get off the ground, let alone get finished. Post up some screenshots of the project, the webpage, tell us about it.

I'd love to help, I can voice a male character. I've got a good mic.
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:04 am

http://www.starblindgames.com/projectrevival.php

Some of this is old and needs to be updated, but since then.

It was going to be absolutly free, and was only for PC.

But now...

You will be able to play it on, PC, 360, PS3, and android.

While I dont know how much were getting paid (I havnt asked)

But please send me a message on what you can do to help out.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 am

That's what I was afraid of, everything about this looks like a dead-end pipe dream. Someone who wants to work on a game but doesn't understand anything about making one, nor has a team that can make one.

I wish them the best, but we've seen these before. Someone who's never made a game, puts up a web site and hopes for people to join and make it. The fact that they think they're going to port it over to xbox360, ps3 etc... is pure lunacy. It costs at least $50,000 to submit to Microsoft for final approval for game to be shipped, let alone the development cost.

They hope the development cycle is less than a year but they have no idea what its going to cost... There's no list of members, it doesn't show anyone's skills. If the head programer was someone who made and shipped indie games before I'd believe it but this feels like a 14 year old naive resident evil fan who actually believed his parents when they told him "if you wish hard enough your dreams will come true."

Sad but it needs to be sad before anyone wastes their time or money on this. Sorry. I've been there myself. I was one of those 14 year naive kids once.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:49 am

Yeah I have to laugh at a few things here, you can't produce a fully working REclone in under a year especially if you have no one on the team who is a more than qualified programmer and even then you need more than one. And being paid to do this? You do know because its a copyrighted franchise you will get your ass sued right?

Make it non profit find people who actually know how the hell to make a game, and why are there so many game design advisers? You only need one.

Advice on this from a 3D artist who went to uni studied games design has a degree and is working in an indie company and a non profit RE modding team?

Don't think you have the ability to just make a game it takes years to learn everything you need to know and even then you have to do your own learning in your spare time before you can master anything.

Programming is one on one with your own morality you will be begging, screaming and kicking because one code segment is off by one digit or one semi colon is out of place and your compiler is spewing you with errors, are you going to be using OOP, or will it all be hard-coded? Is it going to be coded in Java or C++ or C# for that matter?

3D wise have you considered polygon budget, texture resolution who the animator is going to be? Are you going be doing topology baking? Adding all those things i've said how are you going to keep your engine bug free and make it all run efficiently without it taking up resources like memory for example? If you don't know what the hell i'm on about then stop now take a deep breath, your not ready to make anything so advanced and over the top you need to begin simple and learn everything you need to know.

@Voltius Unity has the option to compile games for a lot of consoles as of now, although if they don't know a thing about the technical side of things it won't work and plus you need to buy licenses for all the consoles you want to use(I only ever use the free version) but obviously the only way anyone could play them is either with a hacked console that would allow custom code to be played or a dev console (and they cost an arm and a leg to purchase)

Other than that never let your dreams be just dreams get educated and let them become a reality that's what I did.

Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:36 pm

I would have no clue on programming, seeing I'm just a writer.

But if it makes you feel any better, Alyson Court (Claire Redfield's Voice Actor) Has agreed to voice act for this game.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:12 pm

kris wrote:
I would have no clue on programming, seeing I'm just a writer.

But if it makes you feel any better, Alyson Court (Claire Redfield's Voice Actor) Has agreed to voice act for this game.
Help with a fan made 3D game? 3oohqm
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:10 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with a fan made 3D game?   Help with a fan made 3D game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with a fan made 3D game?
Page 1 of 1