HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival

Go down 
+9
PAULSAMSON
Nobudy
DXP
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
Jill Sandwich
RebelliousQueen
ThomVD
Blazzx
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:30 pm

PSN has the dual shock version of RE2 with the original Mercenaries game Extreme battle. Steep at 7.99 but worth it.

Survivor is as little as £5 on ebay mate.

Im replaying RE2, done leonA/claireB, on the reverse way using my PSP.
Back to top Go down
Martin85
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Martin85

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:16 am

I've got 1, 2, and 3 on my PS3 and they work beautifully. In fact, there hasn't yet been a PSone game I've tried on PS3 that hasn't worked perfectly. Even random demo discs. I'm sure there are some, but the Resident Evils can't be counted among them. Not sure about lightgun compatibility, so I'm not going to vouch for Survival. Playing it with a pad would certainly suck balls, I'll say that.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 am

Bah physical copies are always going to be superior to digital copies Very Happy I have never tried any of the ones via PSN since I already own the original games and besides why would I shell out extra cash for something i've already bought once? Not to mention my ps3 is a zombie...(It really is)

as for survivor, i've played it both with a pad and controller and liked using both, the gun gave you more movement to shoot though compared to the controller (that's my opinion anyway).
Back to top Go down
Blazzx
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:53 am

What do you recommend Jill story or Cris story in Resident Evil Remake?
If I play just Jill story from REmake and just LeonA/ClaireB story from RE2 will I miss something important from story?
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:55 am

Chris's and Jill's stories are both different so its best you play both of them.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:58 am

Start with Jill's story. I like that story more and it's easier, because you have a lockpick, 2 extra item slots, a grenade launcher and Barry's help.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 am

I'd also recommend playing both options in RE2 as then you can unlock the extra scenario, 4th Survivor.

Btw. It doesn't really matter who you start RE1 with. I started with Chris and did just fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Martin85
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Martin85

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:21 pm

DXP wrote:
Bah physical copies are always going to be superior to digital copies Very Happy I have never tried any of the ones via PSN since I already own the original games and besides why would I shell out extra cash for something i've already bought once? Not to mention my ps3 is a zombie...(It really is)

Sorry to hear about your PS3! Physical copies are not always superior. I know what you mean, there's just something a physical copy has about it that a digital one can never have. However, my digital copies of Resident Evil 2 and 3 give me an advantage over physical ones I'd use, since they're 60Hz NTSC. I sure as hell aren't buying the super-expensive and super-pointless GameCube versions. Aside for REmake, which is awesome sauce. I haven't tried RE3 yet, but RE2 definitely feels faster, and therefore has a higher difficulty than I'm used to. Enemies close you down faster, and your reactions to the situations the game throws at you generally have to be faster than the PAL one. I like it. So there you are, a scenario where a digital copy has trounced a physical one for a person in a certain situation. If I had a PSP, I could play it on that as well.

Wherever I take my PS3 now, I've always got the first five main Resident Evil games on the machine itself, to hand, ready to play. I actually do take my PS3 to people houses quite a bit, and it's cool having loads of PSone games on there. The only physical PSone games I have now are Fear Effect 1 & 2, In Cold Blood, and Parasite Eve II. All PAL.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:25 am

No worries like I said my ps3 is a zombie it died a couple of years back and now works once again bizarre I know. The thing a physical copy has over a digital one is the paper manuals, you don't get them with a digital copy unless you print it off, and another thing i've found is (with games that require over 16gb's worth or installation) having a physical copy means you can just get all that off disc rather than waiting for it to fully download.

I will admit I make iso images of all my physical copies then that way i'm not using them (i'm a massive wear a tear person) and with my psp I can convert those into eboots and play them on the go. Yeah those gamecube versions are too overpriced =/ i'm more into looking for cheap imports of the old games at the moment want to increase my collection. Just so you know the gamecube version of 3 is more or less the same as the dreamcast version, just with an update in hz.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:50 am

DXP wrote:
No worries like I said my ps3 is a zombie it died a couple of years back and now works once again bizarre I know. The thing a physical copy has over a digital one is the paper manuals, you don't get them with a digital copy unless you print it off, and another thing i've found is (with games that require over 16gb's worth or installation) having a physical copy means you can just get all that off disc rather than waiting for it to fully download.

I will admit I make iso images of all my physical copies then that way i'm not using them (i'm a massive wear a tear person) and with my psp I can convert those into eboots and play them on the go. Yeah those gamecube versions are too overpriced =/ i'm more into looking for cheap imports of the old games at the moment want to increase my collection. Just so you know the gamecube version of 3 is more or less the same as the dreamcast version, just with an update in hz.

PSN RE2 is superior to our PAL version; Arrange game AND Extreme battle mode as extras as its the Dual Shock version from America. I has both physical and digital, why not have both!?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:11 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
DXP wrote:

PSN RE2 is superior to our PAL version; Arrange game AND Extreme battle mode as extras as its the Dual Shock version from America. I has both physical and digital, why not have both!?
All those things are present in the PC version too.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
DXP wrote:

All those things are present in the PC version too.

but most people cant buy it.for pc. I couldnt find a copy let alone run one. Could emulate it though!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 am

I managed to make it run on XP. It just needs some fiddling before it fully works.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I managed to make it run on XP. It just needs some fiddling before it fully works.

To be honest, £7.99 on PSN is quite steep. I bought a second copy of RE2 on PS1 for a fiver posted. I dont like PC gaming. Dontmind Counterstrike Source, but thats all I play.

But, its on my PSP and PS3 so its was £8 begrudgingly well spent and as the thread title asks, easily the best place to play the game on its home console Wink
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:43 am

I do prefer PS3 myself, although I only have physical copies of the games. I was just mentioning that the features you said were in the digital game are in the PC version too.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:53 am

Not to mention hard mode tongue
Back to top Go down
Blazzx
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 am

Does RE games have multiple endings?
And what is main story differences from original and remake?
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 am

Both the original Resident Evil and REmake have multiple endings depending on what decisions you make throughout the game, some of the team can live or die. 2 has the fake ending and true ending 3 has 2 different endings once again its about the decisions you make throughout the game that affect it.

Story differences between original and remake is 80% some puzzles are completely different, some locations are either expanded or are new it adds more info about George Trevor that was removed from the original game, the overall story has some small differences but more or less is the same. In theory REmake is the definitive version of the original Resident Evil but the original should also be played just for the nostalgia and acting =P
Back to top Go down
Blazzx
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:09 pm

I playing Resident Evil as Jill.
Will I mise something important about Cris?
And what is main story difrentes between LeonA/ClaireB and ClaireA/LeonB in RE2?
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Blazzx wrote:
And what is main story difrentes between LeonA/ClaireB and ClaireA/LeonB in RE2?

Since both Jill and Chris's stories are independent of one another no you won't. As for differences in scenario A + B:

*You start on the opposite side of the burning truck in B
*Mr X appears only in B
*Depending on what you do in A (taking the sub machine gun or side pack or using the cord on any set of the windows) will be effected in B so if you leave both the sub machine gun and side pack they will be there when you start B.
*Few more events occur/are different than A.
*You gain access to more areas than you do in A.
*Completing B will give you the true ending.
*The RPD main hall doors are locked differently in B (the library is locked also compared to A)

That's most of the things that change there are more.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Blazzx wrote:
I would still suggest you play Chris scenario too, after finishing the game with Jill. That way you get both sides of the story.
Back to top Go down
Blazzx
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:23 am

Have RE survival any main connection to other games?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:52 am

The main character of Survivor is Ark Thompson, a friend of Leon's. Leon sent him to investigate Sheena Island and the incident is mentioned in the beginning of Zer0.

Survivor 2: Code Veronica is based on a dream Claire had during the events of CV.

Dead Aim is not mentioned in the games but it has been announced as canon by Capcom in a book called "Inside of Biohazard Darkside Chronicles".

Then there's Dino Stalker, which is Survivor 3, but you won't be getting anything out of that unless you are a fan of Dino Crisis series.
Back to top Go down
Blazzx
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:05 am

So if I play only main series+cronicles will I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:50 am

You will miss the awesomeness of the Survivor series Very Happy

Storywise you won't miss that much, unless they decide to bring those characters back later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival   Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best place to play Resident Evil 2,3 and Survival
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next