HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???

Go down 
+11
White Rock
Nobudy
Industrial Ridden
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
Vandal
37 Narwhals
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
TwerkinBirkin
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TwerkinBirkin
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TwerkinBirkin

Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 am

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/08/18/capcom-aiming-to-get-resident-evil-back-on-track/

"With Resident Evil 6 specifically, we probably put too much content in there, there were comments from consumers that said it felt bloated. The Leon missions went down very well, and because we did Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, there was a cry out for us to focus our attention on survival horror, rather than be too many things to all people. You’ll find where we go next will likely be more targeted at our core fanbase."

Maybe there's still hope for Resident Evil.... Neutral

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:56 am

Uncharted wasn't a Survival Horror, and I definitely do not want to see RE7 modeled after it either.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 am

I would much prefer them to make a new Capcom-style horror game, instead of a game that tries to be another popular game.

Btw. This is being discussed in the Resident Evil 7 Discussion thread currently.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 am

Capcom has already promised this 654657990521 times and has yet to deliver.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 am

Here's what a Capcom employee says about that.
Brelston wrote:
Michael P worked at Capcom EU for several years, only recently left the company. Not sure when this particular statement was made.

All he's saying is the review scores and community feedback are being heard. This doesn't mean "RE7 will return to horror" as headlines are proclaiming, it just means your thoughts about RE6 did indeed get communicated up the chain. I wrote some of those feedback reports myself, and rest assured I did push "Send" on my Outlook.

There's no official statement about "Resident Evil 7" in here. It's a general statement about feedback and where he thinks the brand may go as a result of that feedback.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 am

Could I get a source link on that? Always have a source in your posts, plz.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 am

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am

"Never believe anything on the internet without a credible source."
-Albert Einstein, in the Book of Revelations
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Vandal wrote:
"Never believe anything on the internet without a credible source."
-Albert Einstein, in the Book of Revelations
Can I get a source on that? Razz 
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:37 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Capcom has already promised this 654657990521 times and has yet to deliver.
that should sum things up with this post
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:39 pm

I prefer RE with action, but I wouldn't mind it going back to survival horror either. It would certainly lose many new fans of the franchise and it wouldn't attract much modern day players.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
I prefer RE with action, but I wouldn't mind it going back to survival horror either. It would certainly lose many new fans of the franchise and it wouldn't attract much modern day players.
Oh, but it's okay to leave the old fans in the dust? Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:
Oh, but it's okay to leave the old fans in the dust? Rolling Eyes 
If it's for business purposes, then yes. The way I see it, the fanbase is divided into three major categories.

Those who prefer the survival horror era style only,

Those who prefer the more action focused era only,

And those who don't mind either style.

I'm in the option three category. I don't really care much on how the next game will be as long as it's enjoyable, fun, and/or entertaining. Isn't that what video games are for? Regardless, Capcom's going to go for which category of the fanbase is in the majority. That's what most businesses do. Because of the success of 4 and 5, Capcom decided to build upon those two in terms of the main gameplay. Much like how 0 and 2 - CV was built off of 1. People see it getting stale, so they change things up (Similar to GTA 1). However, after finding out about what some reviewers think of 6, it's possible that they might change the gameplay once again. If the consumer doesn't like it, simply don't buy it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:14 pm

So what you're basically getting at is a big "fuck you" to people like me that actually helped make RE the successful franchise that it is today and are saddened by the fact that it's gone to shit. Got it.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Well I like all Resident Evil (whether it's survival horror or action shooter). If I had a choice though, I would choose action. But that doesn't mean I don't love the survival horror aspect of the franchise. I just like action better.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
So what you're basically getting at is a big "fuck you" to people like me that actually helped make RE the successful franchise that it is today and are saddened by the fact that it's gone to shit. Got it.
No I'm not. When it comes to business, for the most part, it's never anything personal. After the release of 0 (or Nemesis I'm not sure), some fans complained that the series was starting to get stale. Something that even Shinji himself stated. After the release of 4, some fans were lost. And some fans were gained. Capcom assumed that the majority of fans liked the action approach. So, they decided to continue off that path. Anyone who doesn't like the series' condition has every right to be mad at what it's become. Especially if they've been there since the beginning. But again, it's nothing personal, it's just business.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:07 am

Doesn't really matter. If they want to release another zombie shooter fine, I'm not touching it.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 am

Vandal wrote:
Doesn't really matter. If they want to release another zombie shooter fine, I'm not touching it.
See that's what a smart consumer would do. It's like how I felt about mostly sports games.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:08 am

I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt RE will ever be like it was in the good old days, but whatever. Capcom can still get it right if they try.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 1:05 pm

I was playing REmake last night for the first time in like A year or more and I was just thinking about how much I miss what the game was :S
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 2:23 pm

I literally cannot play that game because it pisses me off.
Capcom: "Hey, check out this next-gen Resident Evil. Jay-kay. Here's RE5."
So much potential... ruined.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Sundown31 wrote:
In the end, all they did was change update the graphics and location and threw in more Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Vandal wrote:
Sundown31 wrote:
In the end, all they did was change update the graphics and location and threw in more Wesker.
There wasn't really anything that needed changing, IMO. Sure, I liked the new enemies, rooms, and revamped puzzles, but I would have still been just as happy if it were only a graphic upgrade because RE1 was great the way it was.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Sundown31 wrote:
There wasn't really anything that needed changing, IMO. Sure, I liked the new enemies, rooms, and revamped puzzles, but I would have still been just as happy if it were only a graphic upgrade because RE1 was great the way it was.
Ehh problem I have with the graphical upgrade whilst keeping the same game exactly the same is that there's nothing more the game can offer me that it could in it's prior title. And we did get a graphical upgrade with REmake, not sure if it would be wise on Capcom to do it again. Though, come to think of it, Capcom hasn't really been doing anything wise lately anyway.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Silent Hill Downpour came out not so long ago, the game wasn't EXACTLY golden era silent hill, but it was a fine piece of artistic horror, it was great, and while the gameplay wasn't the smoothest, the simple yet effective story, the eeriness of the ambient and the music made the game different, modern and terrifying. But I read somewhere that the sales weren't very great, even though the game got positive reviews. I don't think there's room in this ADD, stupid COD nine year old tailored market for games with true horror and artistic merit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next