HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be

Go down 
+12
chocotricks
RebelliousQueen
ChrisSherry
Sargent D
Incompetent Barry
Kino_00
00biohazard
Monster Mash
Jill Sandwich
Vandal
weskersbarber
chrisredfielmusculo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Incompetent Barry wrote:
another thing to consider, they say 30 hours but that is a pretty general term i mean you have to think about

1. the difficulty you are playing on

2. how good you are at these games

and other stuff but i cant think of anymore cause im really tired

Indeed. I'm going to start on Veteran just cause I want to prolong the experience, and cause I want to play Veteran with a bunch of overly powered weapons.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Mercy wrote:
Incompetent Barry wrote:
another thing to consider, they say 30 hours but that is a pretty general term i mean you have to think about

1. the difficulty you are playing on

2. how good you are at these games

and other stuff but i cant think of anymore cause im really tired

Indeed. I'm going to start on Veteran just cause I want to prolong the experience, and cause I want to play Veteran with a bunch of overly powered weapons.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Developer-Says-Resident-Evil-5-Will-Be-A-Long-Game-98358.shtml

RE5 was spose to be long but ended up shorter than RE4. I finished RE4 in 4hrs 27 minuets. I only played RE5 once and it took 6hrs 48 mins. So a second time id do it in the RE4 mark meaning 13.5 hours. Still very good compared to many many games. But i wonder if it includes cutscenes akin to RE4 (qte). But i wouldnt be interested in gunfighter Chris or martial arts Jake but worth it just for leon.

Come november, supermarkets will sell it for £25 like they do all new releases. ORC is 25 in morrisons limited offer so id snap it up at that. 15 id saved would be spent on DLC already on the disc Wink
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:28 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
But i wonder if it includes cutscenes akin to RE4 (qte).
Oh please God no... That crap is horrible, can't even watch a cutscene without taking my hands off the controller. Even 5 had those but at least in that they weren't as bad, though there was more of them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
But i wonder if it includes cutscenes akin to RE4 (qte).
Oh please God no... That crap is horrible, can't even watch a cutscene without taking my hands off the controller. Even 5 had those but at least in that they weren't as bad, though there was more of them.

it woudnt be terrible,if the qtes were really easy
and whe would have plenty of time to do them(like 10 god seconds or more,like the game would freeze or slow down)

i liked them trough
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
and whe would have plenty of time to do them(like 10 god seconds or more,like the game would freeze or slow down)
Wouldn't that just kill the idea of having them there in the first place? I vote no for that crap. Not in cutscenes, at least.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 am

I always liked FMV's/Cut scenes to tell the story, and leave the game play to myself.

RE4 confused me because leon couldnt move with the knife and was rather lame, but he knife fought Krauser like a beast. It just distances the player from the game IMO when its like that.

I mean, original RE games used cut scenes to further the story IE Jill running to the helicopter and watching it get blown up, Annette talking Claire through HUNK's team storming Birkin and the aftermath.

None of the actual action happened in cutscenes. it was a catalyst for the story and to start/end a fight/plot point. Thats why I like Dead Space's cutscenes, similar to Arkham City, they further the story as opposed to QTE and doing things you cant do in the game.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Wouldn't that just kill the idea of having them there in the first place? I vote no for that crap. Not in cutscenes, at least.

at least in the gameplay,melle moves and dodging
are qtes,i dont really see the problem in having them has long they are
not too dificult,like that shit qte when you had to click several buttons very fast
for chris and sheva not get smashed by those anciant stones
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:35 am

If they are for dodges or something then I'm okay with them. When they intercept a cutscene ending up with a "You are dead" screen, I call bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

at least in the gameplay,melle moves and dodging
are qtes,i dont really see the problem in having them has long they are
not too dificult,like that shit qte when you had to click several buttons very fast
for chris and sheva not get smashed by those anciant stones

Oh hell no. RE should really move pass QTEs. At first, It was cool in 4 and 5 (even though it got annoying sometimes), but now I hate them in the game and cutscenes. Besides, reusing it in every new RE main game would make the games seem like it can't evolve from 4/5. I say ditch QTEs.

Last edited by Jill Sandwich on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:33 am

melle moves and dodging are also qtes bro
and i am almost shure whe are going to have a ton shit load of them in re6 Basketball
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:39 am

Ah damn I hope not. QTEs are so 2005 ago...Mad
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 am

Jill Sandwich wrote:

Tell that to heavy rain lmao!
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 am

Jill Sandwich wrote:

how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 MjgyMjEwNQ
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:19 pm

to me qte are not that bad, i mean the only time i can think of that had them in a cut scene during plot dialogue was the Leon/Krauser fight. the rest of them were fine by me since it kept me more engaged in the game since the game didn't make you think "its a cut scene that means its safe" plus I'd rather have qte in cut scenes rather than Metal Gear 4 cut scenes
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Metal Gear cut scenes are ridiculous. I bought my first MGS title and quit 3 hours in because 2 of those hours were all cut scenes.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Mercy wrote:
Metal Gear cut scenes are ridiculous. I bought my first MGS title and quit 3 hours in because 2 of those hours were all cut scenes.

i had a friend who fell asleep during a cutscene, and when he woke up, the same cutscene was still playing
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Incompetent Barry wrote:
Mercy wrote:

i had a friend who fell asleep during a cutscene, and when he woke up, the same cutscene was still playing

Ahahahaha!!!! That's gold! I've never heard of people falling asleep while playing a video game. Well except my best friend and Resident Evil 4. But that's a weird story.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:43 pm

That's awesome lol.

Actually, I fell asleep whilst playing FFX.

The weird thing was, I was dying and I wasn't even pressing anything, it was like an on and off sleep. One minute I'm standing in one spot, the next I've encountered monsters :S
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:02 am

Falling asleep diring a video game? That has happened to me a couple of times with Disgaea when I have been grinding levels while being really tired. It's a strategy RPG so no harm was done.

Incompetent Barry wrote:
to me qte are not that bad, i mean the only time i can think of that had them in a cut scene during plot dialogue was the Leon/Krauser fight. the rest of them were fine by me since it kept me more engaged in the game since the game didn't make you think "its a cut scene that means its safe" plus I'd rather have qte in cut scenes rather than Metal Gear 4 cut scenes
In 4 there wasn't more during cutscenes (thank God) but they had those in 5, like the part with the fallen chopper and motorcycle majini or the fight with Wesker on the plane.

I just like my cutscenes uninterrupted. I'm still cool with the ones like "tap this button to run away" or "hit circle to dodge".
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:46 am

I agree with Mass, QTE's in cutscenes are annoying.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm

ThomVD wrote:

in cutscenes they can be a litle bit annoying
but in the gameplay they are pretty cool(dodging,melle moves,pushing and running,co-op e.t.c)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:05 pm

ThomVD wrote:

in cutscenes they can be a litle bit annoying
but in the gameplay they are pretty cool(dodging,melle moves,pushing and running,co-op e.t.c)
I think the abbreviation "qte" is thrown in way too often nowadays. When it's basic gameplay it can hardle be called a qte. If the definition was that loose we would be calling shooting a qte too.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the abbreviation "qte" is thrown in way too often nowadays.
I never even seen GTE used before until I seen this thread. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the abbreviation "qte" is thrown in way too often nowadays.
I never even seen GTE used before until I seen this thread. lol
Who said gte?
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:59 pm

swall time events,when u have to click something fast
and that efects what hapenens in the cutscene
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be   how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

how long are you expecting resident evil 6 to be(campaigns) and how many extras will there be
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next