HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City

Go down 
+25
Greebo
CaptH0wdy
fernandofan08
Mcghie
Kino_00
00biohazard
kryptondude
ohmybasch
PAULSAMSON
DarkBiohazard
ThomVD
Vandal
Jill Sandwich
Spike991
DeadlyGenetics
Sargent D
Methsia
WyrmKing
RebelliousQueen
weskersbarber
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
leonskennedy232
leon248
Bub537
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm glad I didn't buy it then. I hate to say I told you so but.. I told you so. Before the game even came out.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Sargent D wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
I beat it once and didnt feel the need to play it again.
After I beat it i'll do the same thing.

After I beat it I did the same thing.....the disc is around in some envelope....along with Survivor 2
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 pm

ORC related ! Didn't want to create new topic just for this.

Yesterday I was playing campaign with two other players on second last mission. It was cool till we reached room with massive amount of Crimson Heads - area before boss fight. Other players died so instead of running around trying to revive them - and taking a risk - I ran directly to the next room so they would just resurrect through phasing. Apparently this was some kind of personal insult against one of those players, let's call him Mr A.

After we entered elevator I noticed Mr A aimed at me and started shooting. Because Im such a peace-loving chap I didn't return fire, I just stood still and died. Other guy revived me and after a few seconds Mr A killed me again. Boss came, and they both died to it (it was on professional).

Reset, and same thing again but this time the other guy didn't try to revive me. So I left PS3 alone for few minutes and went to get some dinner (SUPERSPICY HOTWINGS NOMNOM) and once I came back I just sat there in front of my TV, watching how Mr A kept killing my dear Lupo - and how they kept dying to boss.

After around 15+ minutes of this larking Mr A left the game. So on next reset we killed boss together with the other guy on first try. Afterwards he sent me message through PS network and apologized that he couldn't really do anything to help me.

I can imagine what many others would have done in this same situation. Rage. Smashing PS controller. Exit game ? Quit ?
Im wondering if anyone has noticed any kind of punishment, ie killing other player adds 1 death to yourself, lowering your end grade and exp gain.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:00 am

Bub537 wrote:
I'm glad I didn't buy it then. I hate to say I told you so but.. I told you so. Before the game even came out.

Well you can't say if it is good or not before you have played it yourself so I will still try the game sometime.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:47 am

Kino_00 wrote:
Im wondering if anyone has noticed any kind of punishment, ie killing other player adds 1 death to yourself, lowering your end grade and exp gain.
I sure as hell hope it does. Do you have it on PS3 or 360? I might need help on Pro once I get my PS3 fixed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Kino_00 wrote:
I sure as hell hope it does. Do you have it on PS3 or 360? I might need help on Pro once I get my PS3 fixed.

I got it on PS3. My PS network nick is exactly the same as my nick here so just add me once you get it fixed.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 am

That's why I either play with team mates (friends) in games because the xbox and ps3 are polluted with little kids that take nothing serious and think ruining a game is enjoyable.
What I would do to be able to track down these little idiots Twisted Evil

Now I just play PC, much more enjoyable and most online players are older and mature enough to use teamwork to achieve victory.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Honestly? I love the atmosphere. It captures some good bits from RE3 in the city.

The hospital is totally different from RE3, but its quite atmospheric.

My only gripes are with team AI offline as they pretty much run into gun fire against Spec Ops. Against zombies they are good and have saved my ass plenty of times. But against spec ops, i find it near on impossible, especially on the mission with the EMP's after you go into the clock tower.

The other problem I have is that it seems to take a million bullets to kill one single spec op.

The other thing is the gun sounds and the guns. I'd love to have some weapons from the actual original games. Its just, well, the game is set in 1998 and it just feels like the weapons are from 2008. It should be full of MP5s lik HUNKs, the M4A1 that Carlos was equipped with, the shotgun should simply be th Benelli or the Combat shotgun which Richard Aiken had in RE1, or the standard shotgun from RE1/2.

Other wise I prefer this over RE4 and RE5. Its a shame that, in killing leon it doesn't do a paradox where RE4 never existed, Ashley Graham died and the RE series didnt go downhill!
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:40 pm

fernandofan08 wrote:
Honestly? I love the atmosphere. It captures some good bits from RE3 in the city.

My only gripes are with team AI offline as they pretty much run into gun fire against Spec Ops. Against zombies they are good and have saved my ass plenty of times. But against spec ops, i find it near on impossible, especially on the mission with the EMP's after you go into the clock tower.

The other problem I have is that it seems to take a million bullets to kill one single spec op.

The other thing is the gun sounds and the guns. I'd love to have some weapons from the actual original games. Its just, well, the game is set in 1998 and it just feels like the weapons are from 2008. It should be full of MP5s lik HUNKs, the M4A1 that Carlos was equipped with, the shotgun should simply be th Benelli or the Combat shotgun which Richard Aiken had in RE1, or the standard shotgun from RE1/2.

Other wise I prefer this over RE4 and RE5. Its a shame that, in killing leon it doesn't do a paradox where RE4 never existed, Ashley Graham died and the RE series didnt go downhill!

Welcome new guy Very Happy . You can introduce yourself here.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

ThomVD wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:

Welcome new guy Very Happy . You can introduce yourself here.

Hi! Been looking for an RE forum. Been playing since 96/97 when I was a kid!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:18 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
If it wasn't for RE4 the series wouldn't even exist today. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
If it wasn't for RE4 the series wouldn't even exist today. Just saying.

Keep seeing people say that but theres not a single fact or comment from capcom to back that claim up. Capcom wouldn't stop making one of the biggest franchises in their catalogue.

If it wasn't for RE4, resident evil wouldnt be in the trouble it currently is in. After just 2 main title games, it feels old and dated. The game popularised over the shoulder third person shooting, but almost every third person shooter is the same. It has no identity of its own, nothing sets it apart, its just another shooting game with poor story and plenty of lead to pump into nonsensical enemies with terrible AI.

RE5 took an ever-more action adventure route and westernised the series so they could sell more and make more money. RE5 was heavily inspired in the way it is played and control style from Gears of War 2 as capcom said at the time.

metavideogame.wordpress.com/2009/03/19/resident-evil-5-bigger-better-more-bad-ass/

And its only going to get worse. Resident Evil is being targeted to compete with Call of Duty. It wants to action and shooting of Call Of Duty. This was said by Capcom themselves;

metro.co.uk/tech/games/887945-resident-evil-to-attract-call-of-duty-players-says-capcom

Resident evil's death knell started with RE4. They changed the formula for the right reasons, but they did it totally wrong. They surrendered their individuality, their creativity, their imagination, the environment, the atmosphere and even the music.

As I was saying. RE4 and 5 feel really dated after just 2 games because they conformed to the norm. Look at how many games on the previous format;

Fixed camera survival horror
RE1
RE2
RE3
RECV
REmake
REzero
RE outbreak
RE outbreak #2
RE deadly silence

FPS games;
RE deadaim
RE survivor
RE survivor CV
RE darkside chronicles
RE Umbrella chronicles

Over the shoulder;
RE4
RE5
RE revelations

In just 3 games it feels old because every game out there is doing th same thing. Revelations I found terribly boring. The ooze were so generic and poor, there was only 4 maybe 5 different enemies. Invisible Hunters made me feel physically sick but thats another thing.

The games feel old already because RE had its own way with Survival horror. Pioneering the over the shoulder perspective in 2005, within those 3 years it took to make RE5 countless over the shoulder games came out and did things better than RE5 did. in 7 years of over the shoulder we've had just 3 RE games and now it feels dated. From 96 to 2005 there was 10 different games in 9 years.

Change has harmed the franchise more than anything. Sure, capcoms pockets are lined, but at the fans cost of Leon's character, Wesker's character, Jill's character and the whole franchise.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:07 am

tl;dr (sorry, couldn't resist Smile )
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 am

While REmake sold really well (and most of the games before that), Zer0, both Outbreaks and Dead Aim fell under Capcom's expectations and they needed one more game to either be the final chapter or the phoenix that rises from the ashes. After a couple of changes in plans the third and final version of RE4 got released and it took the world by force. It sold really well, well enough to be the biggest selling title in the series thus far. RE5 ultimately might not have topped it's sales but it comes as a close second and shows that the series is still able to live on. I personally have enjoyed each and every RE game there is (except for Missions but that's a whole other story) and still think, as most of the others here, that the story is the strongest point of the series. Not the horror and not the action. The series has evolved rather well and even as I can see why some people might consider RE5 a "bad" game it has been one of the best titles in the series for it's story and replayability, for me at least. We even tied up two loose ends, Ozwell E. Spencer and Albert Wesker, and got to know where the virus originated from. Sure, the game brough up a new loose end, Alex Wesker, but let's not discuss that here. The controls have also been a strong point of the main series, at least, and those have stayed the same. I wouldn't mind the return of typewriters and bigger amount of puzzles, though.

About the talk about RE trying for the CoD crowd, that one I strongly disagree with. Not that I hated CoD but there's no need for more games like that. CoD can have it's pissing contests with Battlefield for all I care.

fernandofan08 wrote:
Keep seeing people say that but theres not a single fact or comment from capcom to back that claim up.
Here: [link]. Just read it. It's a good read. Not straight from Capcom, in which case you might not give a single f*** but in that case I won't either.

fernandofan08 wrote:
Over the shoulder;
RE4
RE5
RE revelations
You forgot ORC and Degeneration. You also forgot the top down perspective games Gaiden, Confidential Report, Genesis and Uprising and unnecessarily added Deadly Silence which is just an upgraded port of the original RE. Dead Aim isn't an FPS either (well, technically, none of them are), it was OTS with a first person view shooting mode, just like in Revelations.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Ofcourse I care! I like to see both sides of the argument, not have a hissy fit if someone disagrees mate =]

But no doubt, Outbreak felt really out dated. Hell, I'd go as far as to say Code veronica felt dated. I completly agree it had to change and it had to change soon, but I believe it only had to change its gameplay, not the whole franchise to th point of unrecognisability

Far too many unanswered questions and drastic character personality changes, and capcom continually try to sell the new RE games with empty promises that they will answer our question but they lie to us, and they just ruin great stories with cliche and terrible endings.

For me, I love the over the shoulder perspective. Its so much easier to aim and manouveur around,more precise. My gripe is with the fact its so much more action-orientated and there is no atmosphere in the games.

For me like yourself, the story was THE thing which drew me in. But things like the environments made the originals. In the RPD you walked into a room like where you meet Marvin Braghn. Theres bullet holes around the room. Theres blood, bloody handprints, police documents are scattered on the floor, broken chairs.

It makes my imagination go wild, because im seeing the aftermath. I can imagine RPD officers sat there. Doing paperwork having a laugh. Former collegues and civillians storm in. The mad scramble to survive, shoot the zombies whilst some officers fell. The horror they saw. Then I imagine them putting the zombies down. Going into the Licker hallway and boarding up the windows whilst zombies attack, the blood splatters on the wood of the wounded RPD officers scrambling whatever they can. Who knows if the room later, the zombie police officer in there was the person who barricaded the windows, finally succumbed to their wounds?

RE3, the UBCS soldier who dies just before you get to him, cerberus mauling his throat. He managed to avoid all zombies in the streets, get through the car park, the room full of dead on the floor, only to die just before I could help him.

Behind the bar, the childrens area where they play hop and skip, the little tricycle abandoned. The US army in the hospital, there to protect the medical staff, or were they? What if they were escorting precious cargo out of the building in the form of doctors? What if they made a last stand agains the Hunter beta's and fell? The doctor who died after being attacked by the patient in the room, you enter the room and see the dead patient and probably a relative who was attacked. Both zombies.

Thats what is missing from 4 and 5. The stories were rubbish. There was no imagination. Raccoon City flourished because it was a city full of people. You could see dead civillians, police officers, UBCS members. You could see the struggle they had, you could let your imagination run wild with what horrors they saw, what horrors they survived barely before dying.

It was creepy in the Rail Gun room, seeing no less than FOUR T-103 Mr X's, one of them being the Mutated form. bodies of them strewn about into the cracked brick walls. The decimated US army members who tried to kill to tyrants and succumed to their attacks.

The laboratory in RE2. It was awsome. Im walking through there to one of the best pieces of music in a videogame (I always ADORED the Outbrak remix of 'into the unknown'). It was creepy. Im walking through the laboratories wheres these human beings are doing sick experiments created these abominations. Leons walking through there but im envisiging the business of the white coat scientists walking through labs. The dormatories where staff lived, im imagining them relaxing, maybe working on the next strain of the T-virus. working on V-ACT, or T-virus, or even G-virus. 'Wreckage of a mad experiment' plays when you walk into the room and find the dead USS member from HUNKS team. What did he fight? Was he cowering in hiding? Was he planning his next move before he got surprised? Gathering himself and psyching himself up to leave the room and attempt to escape?

All them sort of things are missing. its what made Resident Evil to me. I learn the story at the pace that Leon or Claire learns things. I dont know anything in advance on my first play through hell I learn something new or i forgot everytime I play through, their surprise is my surprise. Im not Andrew playing leon, I AM leon. I AM exploring the labs. I know as much as they do. It makes you feel asif YOU are leon, claire, Jill or Carlos.

RE4 and RE5 didnt have those sorts of environments. Tell a lie, in RE5 when you find the old tricell tent and the labs, it brought back the original memories. The licker claws on the wall, the impending horror that may be around the corner. I loved it, I thought it was going back to its roots. but it was a trap, because suddenly 20 lickers come round and ive got to shoot the heart of fill them full of lead.

I hate how I use to fear lickers giving me a one hit kill and that horrid shriek. Taking 2 lickers on used to make me panic, I was vulnerable to their attacks, they were fast and unforgiving. RE4 and RE5's enemies are pathetic! Ganando/majini charge upto you then stop for 5 seconds so you can just plug them. The enemies are repetativly boring. I dont have to strategise my ammo, I know i can just open fire and when they die and bubble away into thin air they leave me more ammo.

I miss ammo conservation. I dont want to fight every zombie. I could save my handgun rounds as a last ditch attempt to kill a Licker, I had to strategise how much ammo i had, how much to leave in my magic chest for a potential boss fight, but I needed enough ammo to get me TO the boss fight, let alone fight it. Dare I take all my handgun ammo and have just 8 rounds in my shotgun for a licker? But, what if I get overwhelmed by zombies and the handgun isn't enough? The shotgun takes two slots, handgun and rounds a further 2. I only have 4 slots availiable, possible items and I need to take some health.

If I encounter a moth or spider, I might get poisoned so I should take a Blue herb, or should I combine my last blue herb with the green?

I had to think ahead. RE4/5 I can just go all guns blazing. Environments dont tell a story. i dont see the devestation in RE4/RE5, theres no story being told by the trails left of the dead bodies, or the survivors who strived to live but succumbed.

I love the gamplay from RE4, over the shoulder works perfectly. For me, REmake, with a slightly faster pace and over the shoulder camera is the direction RE should've gone!

Zombies too slow? Umbrella manages to skip the initial infection and straight to the V-ACT stage!? up the pace, keep the survival element, keep the atmosphere and the horror of the environments. If walls talked in RE1-3 it would be horror stories.

But yes, I read that article and it was brilliant. I like the inference that the ghosts/hookman could've been leons imagination. But theres something striking which stuck with me throughout the article; it felt like a proper RE game. But the story elements highlight just further prove in my eyes what we never got.

We never got any closure after raccoon city. They pulled and MGS4 on us. Starting after CVX wouldve been brilliant, getting Sherry back wouldbe brilliant. We dont know so much about what happened with Sherry, what happened with Leon during CVX, Umbrella chronicles was no way near enough regarding the end of Umbrella. We never got any closure for so much. its asif Raccoon city happened, then 7 years later were in spain and its touched upon maybe once. Revelations' back story annoyed me, RE5 ruined wesker and Uroboros in my eyes and made them generic tentacle/pantomime villain which you must shoot the glowing orange bit.

Wesker, infuriates me. Richard waugh was superb. Wesker was smart, he was cunning, he was supreme with intelligence. he planned every last minute detail. In RE4 he was like that. But then suddenly he is neo in a trench coat moving faster than the speed of light and is an utter crazy madman. it was not wesker at all! It was a massacre of the greatest villain in videogams in my eyes. They slaughtered my franchise which i grew up with, which i shared so many stories with my friends about.

This is why I dont like RE4 as an RE game. It could've been so much more, so much better. Id loved to have played an infect Leon, questioning himself and his sanity, striving to protect sherry like he swore he would to claire. But that leon was gone. No trace was left. I didnt expect him to be the rookie, but I expected him to still be the Protect and Serve, strive to do the right thing, put himself infront of an innocent, die for claire or sherry. But he had no personality.

RE4 did many, many things right. But it didnt do it Resident Evil right.

I know Dead aim is in third person, but I put it down as FPS because you shoot in first person and I always used the G-CON 2!

I specifically put Deadly Silence down because it integrated new features into the game utilising the DS capabilities like the knife games and changed the experience quite abit

Last edited by fernandofan08 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

this must be like......the longest post ever Surprised
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:34 pm

ThomVD wrote:
this must be like......the longest post ever Surprised

I do apologise. Its just I love talking about RE, I enjoy articulating my opinions and expressing them properly with an understanding of the subject as opposed to 'I dont care, it sucks' or 'im right your wrong'. I much prefere to have a lengthy discussion to put both good and bad across, to acknowledge possible flaws in my opinion or thought pattern on something, because I could very well be wrong about points, which I dont mind being wrong, because being put right gives me more knowledge and makes my arguments better as I have a better understanding!

after all, a true discussion is the best discussion my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

It's okay Smile . It's a LOT better than just saying RE4 sucks or anything. It's just that I don't like reading long stuff.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:46 pm

ThomVD wrote:
It's okay Smile . It's a LOT better than just saying RE4 sucks or anything. It's just that I don't like reading long stuff.

I would've broken it up into parts, but I dont think posting one after the other after the other lmao!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 pm

To be honest I always ended up with a crap ton of ammo at the end of each game, even the older ones. RE3 was actually the only main series game that made me conserve ammo and that was because of Nemesis. Still, I ended up finishing the game with way more ammo than I expected. The only RE games where I have been struggling to get my ammo last and where I really have had to conserve it is Outbreak.

RE4/5/R might have been rubbish to you and I respect your love for the older generation of games but those new ones are still dear to me and to a lot of other people. You still can't deny that even if RE4 might not suit your tastes in parts it was the saving grace of the franchise. If it had not done well we wouldn't be seeing the amount of RE related stuff we have now.

fernandofan08 wrote:
We never got any closure after raccoon city. They pulled and MGS4 on us. Starting after CVX wouldve been brilliant, getting Sherry back wouldbe brilliant.
Well, hopefully it IS Sherry in RE6. Steve too.

Quote :
what happened with Leon during CVX
Not that this would help much but Gaiden was at least supposed to coincide with CV until it was deemed non-canon by later games.

Quote :
I know Dead aim is in third person, but I put it down as FPS because you shoot in first person and I always used the G-CON 2!
It's still kinda iffy since you can use the FPS mode in RER and it is used in the whole of Mercs 3D.

Btw. I still would've liked if you had included the top down games too, as I really enjoyed them Razz
Back to top Go down
CaptH0wdy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CaptH0wdy

Playstation Network xCaptH0wdyx

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:59 pm

My honest opinion about ORC is that in the world of RE it sucked. I was extremely disappointed with the lack of a story. It's just an multiplayer shooter game. The AI is as smart as a box of rocks, which is extremely frustrating. I can't stand that the AI picks stuff up like grenades or first aid spray. I only play online, it's less frustrating to me. Primary weapon choice sucks. Either you get gun that does a lot of damage but doesn't have a lot ammo and it's accuracy is horrible or vice versa. Also, how many times do you have to shoot someone until they die? I will unload on spec ops and they wont go down, the same with zombies.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
To be honest I always ended up with a crap ton of ammo at the end of each game, even the older ones. RE3 was actually the only main series game that made me conserve ammo and that was because of Nemesis. Still, I ended up finishing the game with way more ammo than I expected. The only RE games where I have been struggling to get my ammo last and where I really have had to conserve it is Outbreak.

RE4/5/R might have been rubbish to you and I respect your love for the older generation of games but those new ones are still dear to me and to a lot of other people. You still can't deny that even if RE4 might not suit your tastes in parts it was the saving grace of the franchise. If it had not done well we wouldn't be seeing the amount of RE related stuff we have now.

fernandofan08 wrote:
We never got any closure after raccoon city. They pulled and MGS4 on us. Starting after CVX wouldve been brilliant, getting Sherry back wouldbe brilliant.
Well, hopefully it IS Sherry in RE6. Steve too.

Quote :
what happened with Leon during CVX
Not that this would help much but Gaiden was at least supposed to coincide with CV until it was deemed non-canon by later games.

Quote :
It's still kinda iffy since you can use the FPS mode in RER and it is used in the whole of Mercs 3D.

Btw. I still would've liked if you had included the top down games too, as I really enjoyed them Razz

I forgot about them being honest, especially Gaiden. I put dead aim as FPS purely because Mercs/Revelations coult be played both ways, Dead aim was strictly Fps. Thinking about it, hoe similar were Revelations and DA XD. But yes, the only games i struggled with ammo was REmake, 2 and Zero at barious points.

Who else loved gun powder mixing!!!!! Upgraded bullets made the handgun and shotgun beasts!
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

Playstation Network ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
ohmybasch wrote:
Hopefully non-canon.I mean, I was thinking, how can so many people have been in the Raccoon Police Department and none of them meet? Jill, Claire and Leon, Sherry, Delta Team, the survivors from Outbreak, Marvin, I mean come on, it's like they were having a party in there.
It is canon. Officially. The outbreak lasted more than four days so it's plenty of time for these people to visit the station without meeting with each other.

Marvin who was there pretty much the whole time was unconscious most of the time after his infection so he wasn't parading around the place even if he was there.

Besides, a lot of characters cross paths anyway in the course of the games.

ohmybasch wrote:
there was even a monster that looked like a Witch.
What, you mean crimson heads?

No disrespect but some times it's like you're trying to justify every little plothole and thing in the RE universe.

Yeah, in Outbreak File 2 there is a possibility that the police car at the end of the scenerio is not Leon and Claire's. It's still not fully clear when Jill, Leon and Claire and Delta Team were in that station. There's no way that Marvin is a super human who can resist the t-virus, fell unconscious for 2 or 3 days whole, actually survived while asleep, you would think zombies would try to break in from some place, and then magically wake up to Leon there. If his body was able to do that then we got ourselves another Alice.

Yeah I think it was the crimson heads who look like the witch. And don't even say that they looked like that already and yata yata, you know they ripped their movements off from L4D, they may not attack you like the Witch but they sure act like the zombies with mist from the Witch.

Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 Left-4-Dead-WitchYour honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 Crimsonheads

BTW, lol to fernandofan08 post. I thought I was the only one who wrote books in forums XD
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:25 pm

ohmybasch wrote:

No disrespect but some times it's like you're trying to justify every little plothole and thing in the RE universe.

Yeah, in Outbreak File 2 there is a possibility that the police car at the end of the scenerio is not Leon and Claire's. It's still not fully clear when Jill, Leon and Claire and Delta Team were in that station. There's no way that Marvin is a super human who can resist the t-virus, fell unconscious for 2 or 3 days whole, actually survived while asleep, you would think zombies would try to break in from some place, and then magically wake up to Leon there. If his body was able to do that then we got ourselves another Alice.

ORC is 99,9% non canon, even the Birkin Lab makes no sense
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

Playstation Network ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:43 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
ohmybasch wrote:

ORC is 99,9% non canon, even the Birkin Lab makes no sense

I know, thank you!
My brother was pissed off about that too.
Also weren't the Umbrella Soldiers fighting Birkin in a sewer in RE2? but all of a sudden he's in this random laboratory?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City   Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your honest opinion of Operation: Raccoon City
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next