HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?

Go down 
+26
ChrisSherry
AndyXTheXGamer
Yoshi
VoyageTreader08
weskersbarber
fernandofan08
DarkBiohazard
ThomVD
Jilly
DeadlyGenetics
Monster Mash
chrisredfield84
Mcghie
TeRoR KiD
chocotricks
00biohazard
WyrmKing
RebelliousQueen
Spike991
Sargent D
chrisredfielmusculo
Mass Distraction
Jill Sandwich
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
HRZONE2
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:00 pm

fernandofan08 wrote:
RE4 is a great action game. But its a terrible RE game.

Its focuses on action at the expense of any atmosphere. The story is pretty naff by RE standards, Leon's character is ruined in the game, and theres quite a few enemies with the magical 'glowing yellow hitpoint parasite'.

What I never liked was that I had so much ammo I couldnt it it all in my suitcase. I mean, backwards spanish townsfolk with Pitchforks were dropping 15 shotgun shells or 30 handgun rounds when you killed them and they bubbled/dissolved into thin air. It always felt laughable and daft in that respect. But the game was never meant to be survival horror. it was always meant to be an action game which IMO is when the series declined.

If its an action game then its a really bad one. It has action in it, but it also has its fair share of freaky/horror parts, puzzles etc

And I dont see why you think Leon was ruined, this is Leons best game character wise. It was Degeneration that ruined him.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 pm

What the hell are you talkin about? RE4 is a great game. It's an action but it has also horror. RE4 is my favorite when its comes to Puzzles. It is one of Leon's best appearance. I don't like him on Degeneration cause he looks different person there
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah RE4 had a new style of play, it still retained its horror elements from the previous titles but they where more creepy and atmospheric rather than disturbing
(except from when you first meet a regenerator in that lab )
It also had decent mechanics (at times) and the puzzles where not the best but
at least they had puzzles within the game which is a must for that full resident evil experience.
If it is worthy to get my blessing then it is worthy to have a go at it, so just do it already Razz

Resident evil 4 whoever was not Leon's best appearance, he was good in it but he had
that male model look about him which I hate.
Resident evil 2 will and always will be Leon's limelight.
He a prefect character, a rookie cop turning up for his first day at the RPD only to find a viral outbreak that had him fighting for survival.
He wasn't a special force trained operative, he was only a young rookie cop.
I tip my hat to Capcom for that move.

I didn't like his appearance in Degeneration but I did like his attitude and style whoever.
For someone to go through the Raccoon city disaster on your first day as a cop must be very traumatic, of coarse he is going to be cold and calm now know.
He has just had his fear receptors burned out having to face Birkens G malformation.

Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Yeah RE4 had a new style of play, it still retained its horror elements from the previous titles but they where more creepy and atmospheric rather than disturbing
(except from when you first meet a regenerator in that lab )
It also had decent mechanics (at times) and the puzzles where not the best but
at least they had puzzles within the game which is a must for that full resident evil experience.
If it is worthy to get my blessing then it is worthy to have a go at it, so just do it already Razz

Resident evil 4 whoever was not Leon's best appearance, he was good in it but he had
that male model look about him which I hate.
Resident evil 2 will and always will be Leon's limelight.
He a prefect character, a rookie cop turning up for his first day at the RPD only to find a viral outbreak that had him fighting for survival.
He wasn't a special force trained operative, he was only a young rookie cop.
I tip my hat to Capcom for that move.

I didn't like his appearance in Degeneration but I did like his attitude and style whoever.
For someone to go through the Raccoon city disaster on your first day as a cop must be very traumatic, of coarse he is going to be cold and calm now know.
He has just had his fear receptors burned out having to face Birkens G malformation.

Ofcourse still RE2 isLeon's best appearance, cause it's the start of his nightmare actually, but I guess, for me, RE4 is one of the best too. Although I more like RE2 than RE4. For the one's who didn't had a chance to play RE4, you should try it Guys, once in a while. Cause its really worth playing. I really love Ada's Assignment and Separate Ways.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Yeah, you really should. It may not have a story revolving around viruses and zombies, but gameplay wise, it beats the original three games in my opinion. There's no fixed camera, which means you have to be constantly aware of your surroundings...especially when you're being chased by Dr. Salvador. And despite what people say, the game is scary...well maybe 85% of it anyway. The island wasn't really scary...the regenerators though...yeah. And it comes with the mercenaries, assignment ada and seperate ways. May I suggest the Xbox 360 version?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 pm

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Yeah, you really should. It may not have a story revolving around viruses and zombies, but gameplay wise, it beats the original three games in my opinion. There's no fixed camera, which means you have to be constantly aware of your surroundings...especially when you're being chased by Dr. Salvador. And despite what people say, the game is scary...well maybe 85% of it anyway. The island wasn't really scary...the regenerators though...yeah. And it comes with the mercenaries, assignment ada and seperate ways. May I suggest the Xbox 360 version?
Xbox 360 version is good, nice suggestion. I would also suggest the PS3 version cause its HD, for those only who wants it.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 am

Re4 was never scary. It was a xhore. There was so much ammunition i couldnt carry it all. Upgrading the striker so it held 100 bullets, you just fired at anything. The castle was lovely, but again none was scary.

It was full of action, it was an action adventure. Diving out of windows, shooting doors down filling everything full of lead, if thats not action then god knows what is.

When enemies human or not drop 50smg ammo, 12 magnum bullets, 30handgun rounds, 15 shotgun rounds regardless of whether they are backward villagers, garrador, novistador etc, its an action game. The game was go here, clear the enemies find an item, clear more enemies when you get the item it was pure action. Same with protecting Ashley. Action sequence requiring you to clear respawning Illuminados.

Knife fight with krauser; action qte. The main premise of the game was action. The creators are on record saying the want RE to be action and to compete with Call Of Duty. Its just gonna get worse.

Out of RE4/5 the only bit iloved was in 5, the old style RE when you find tricel and the licker claw marks on the wall. That gave me hope. But then the lickers were lame and as customary in 4/5 hit the glowing part .

I dream of REmake over the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 am

It has a lot of ammo drops? Maybe it's just me but I never really noticed the endless supply of ammo. At least not in such large quantities. And it held onto the puzzles and had some good horror bits. It wasn't straight up action upon more action. At least not in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:30 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
It has a lot of ammo drops? Maybe it's just me but I never really noticed the endless supply of ammo. At least not in such large quantities. And it held onto the puzzles and had some good horror bits. It wasn't straight up action upon more action. At least not in my opinion.

Yeah, had loads of ammo drops along with money drops. Lots of barrels and wooden boxes which contain gold herbs, or ammunition.

RE4 had reactive ammunition drops. The weapons you had in your Cach, the enemies would drop that ammunition. Even on Proffessional mode, average ammunition drop was 15 handgun rounds, 8 shells, 50 TMP rounds. Upgrading your weapons to infinite ammo.

I always cheated, because id make sure I used the bullets in my clip, then upgrade the capacity on the gun and the capacity upgrad would fill the gun up to its clip size. So id purposely not reload the striker, upgrade it to 100 capacity and I would get 100 shotgun shells for free. Try it.

From memory RE4 had 2 'horror' elements. One was when you first meet the Regenerator/Iron Maiden. Though i'd argue it wasn't horror because there were so easy to kill it was unreal. 3 plagas, 3 bullets, 4th bullet for the final kill and Job is a good one. Loved the character design though.

But RE4 was clearly mostly action based. Respawning enemies on your first encounter until you kill a set amount of them to progress/church bell rings. Enemies spawning from nowhere against the Bella sisters. When you get to the castle, going into the rooms where you have the treasure, open the chest and you have a set amount of enemies to kill. Same with the Illuminados on the chain gun in the castle. Kill a certain amount, take cover using A, fire back.

Then you have the cringeworthy Boosting Ashley to raise the platforms whilst an unspecified amount of enemies come at you with the shields/crossbows and try to kidnap ashley, dropping plenty of ammo on the way.

The end sequence, with the ganando's with shock sticks, TNT, JJ and the gatling gun. That was pure gunfighting action. you had to take cover, pop up and shoot. All that was missing was diving and blind firing, present in REORC.

After the Iron maidens you had the pit where respawning enemies jumped down and attacked you until you killed a set amount.

Verdugo fight was awsome, loved that. Reminded me of a fast tyrant.

Then you had the stupid quick time events. I mean, the knife fight was cool, but it certainly wasn't Resident Evil. Aside from Darkside chronicles, it felt totally out of place and out of character.

The utterly ridiculous giant Salazar robot statue thing was a complete joke. Where the hell did that fit in? I mean it was just so stupid I laughed myself into hysterics because pressing L+R and dodging hudge structural pillars with a tiny dodge was terribly stupid.

The mission where you climbing up the stairs to Salazar and he throws the knife at you and you QTE dodge it, going up the stairs with explosive barrels rolling down. Yeah, cheers Donkey Kong! It was just so ridiculous and stupid. Id also love to know how to dolphin dive out of the 1st floor window, and combat rolling without taking any damage too.

loved the idea of shooting doors down, was always something I wanted to do in the original RE games. I loved barricading the doors too, was awsome.

There was some good puzzles too which I enjoyed doing, which RE5 failed with. Sheva + Sunlight temple thing = retarded AI dying. I just left her in a safe place and prayed she didnt move!

RE4 was a pretty good action adventure game, but my god it was a terrible resident evil, not as bad as 5, but it was terrible. Take the RE name away from it, remove leon's name because it hardly look like leon and you wouldn't have any knowledge it was Resident Evil. It should've just been a new franchise.

It just fell into the norm. Go here, clear the area of enemies, progress. Next area is empty, pick item up, respawning enemies appear until you clear a set amount. most of the boss fights were simply 'shoot glowing orange thing' until a set amount of damage works then QTE finish him.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Zombie
Zombie
Yoshi

Playstation Network PinkYoshi06 (I think)

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:15 pm

It is definitely one of my least favorites. But you should try it. I would suggest playing Code Veronica first <3 Way better.
Back to top Go down
http://journeyofphoenix06.blogspot.com/
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Yoshi wrote:
It is definitely one of my least favorites. But you should try it. I would suggest playing Code Veronica first <3 Way better.

Good suggestion. You should play RE4 and CVX.
Back to top Go down
AndyXTheXGamer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Playstation Network AndyXTheXGamer

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:33 am

I've played/beat it on PS2, Gamecube, Wii, and 360.
I'd say get the HD versions (360/PS3)
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 am

AndyXTheXGamer wrote:
I've played/beat it on PS2, Gamecube, Wii, and 360.
I'd say get the HD versions (360/PS3)
The HD Versions we're the best and it's worth playing for, You'll have nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
HRZONE2
Cerberus
Cerberus
HRZONE2

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:16 pm

I just bought RE Veronica on ps2 and after the ps2 symbol appears the Ps2 says "memory card (PS2) inserted in memory card slot 1 does not have a game data for re_code_veronica. Insert memory card (PS2) game with data in a memory card slot 1 ..... press start button to begin game with default system setup "and so when I press start nothing happens. The disc is not scratched either. Does anyone know how to fix this? anyone?
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Yes, you should definitely give it a try. I personally love it.
I have beat it on GameCube and PS2, I have yet to played it on Wii.
Either way, it's a fun game!
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Hell yeah play it. I just finished my Pro run on the 360. Still as awesome as the first time I played it so long ago on my PC
Back to top Go down
HRZONE2
Cerberus
Cerberus
HRZONE2

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:15 am

RECODEV got here in the mail today. Any last words of advice before I get my ass infected? haha!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 7147526337_1d3b90ec88
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:29 am

HRZONE2 wrote:
RECODEV got here in the mail today. Any last words of advice before I get my ass infected? haha!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 7147526337_1d3b90ec88

lol i take it you dont have a current gen console? or are you being nostalgic?
Back to top Go down
HRZONE2
Cerberus
Cerberus
HRZONE2

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:47 am

I do have a ps3 I just wanted to play it on ps2...and it's cheaper haha.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:00 am

Tip: USE THE KNIFE! And save the anti-bow grenade rounds and a few fire arrows for a boss.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:18 am

HRZONE2 wrote:

would you mind telling me how much you paid? cause i got it on xbox for $15
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:03 am

HRZONE2 wrote:
Best choice is try playing it on PS3 for HD but you said you want it cheaper why don't you try Xbox and PS2.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:51 am

ThomVD wrote:
Tip: USE THE KNIFE! And save the anti-bow grenade rounds and a few fire arrows for a boss.
Actually there's plenty of handgun ammo. Razz
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:53 am

True, but the knife is so strong that you can kill most enemies and even bosses with it. Code Veronica is one of the easiest RE games in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
HRZONE2
Cerberus
Cerberus
HRZONE2

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:40 pm

I have a question, when you beat the first part as claire, does Chris only get the items you left over? Does he get any new ink ribbons and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next