HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?

Go down 
+26
ChrisSherry
AndyXTheXGamer
Yoshi
VoyageTreader08
weskersbarber
fernandofan08
DarkBiohazard
ThomVD
Jilly
DeadlyGenetics
Monster Mash
chrisredfield84
Mcghie
TeRoR KiD
chocotricks
00biohazard
WyrmKing
RebelliousQueen
Spike991
Sargent D
chrisredfielmusculo
Mass Distraction
Jill Sandwich
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
HRZONE2
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:34 pm

NO ITS TERRIBLE especially dont get it for Wii its no fun and gamecube is shit as well the best version is on the ipod but even that sucks ass just sayin
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:26 pm

chocotricks wrote:
NO ITS TERRIBLE especially dont get it for Wii its no fun and gamecube is shit as well the best version is on the ipod but even that sucks ass just sayin

Now sir, that is just, not true.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:40 am

00biohazard wrote:
Oh screw you guys, RE4 is scary, the whole first chapter (the village) is scary and adrenalinic as hell, and Ive played the old games, played them first mind you. The island is where it gets more action, but it has its fair share of thrills. Be original Get it on the GC. Then play on the Wii for extras, like Spike said.

The entire first part in the village was PERFECT. Perfect atmosphere and everything. And indeed, even in the later parts, where action becomes more prevailant, there is still plenty of thrills. Regenerators don't show up til the Island.

I think the Wii controls, like with the Wiimote are really ace, once you get used to them. It's the most efficient way to play, but I do prefer the GC controller, and unfortunately it can't be used on the Wii version. And the classic controller just wasn't doing it for me.

@Missy, RE4 is scary, play it fool!

@Mass, it just looked horrible on Ps2. And the audio was just as bad. It sounded like they used a phone to record the sounds from RE4 on GC, then played it again to record it for the Ps2 version.

@Wyrm, that's exactly what it's like. The wii Version is GC graphics(and a little better actually) with all the great Ps2 extras like Separate Ways.

The Wii version also has all 3 little trailer type deals, when you leave it on the main menu for too long.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 am

Mercy wrote:
Oh yeah there's the code where you're invisible, have unlimited ammo, you can fly, and this is Resident Evil for god's sake! Survival horror urges the key word survive in every turn! So no, there are no codes you can punch in and take a walk in the park with.

Gamers today. Sheesh.

Someone has a bit of an ego don't they. I don't believe you are quite seasoned enough to use the "gamers these days" moniker yet Razz

As long as you're having fun I see no problem with using a cheat code. In fact some games are just straight up ridiculous to beat without codes. Ghosts n Goblins is the first one that comes to mind.

As for RE4 it's great and once you beat it I believe you will get to retain any ammo and money left from your first play through for your next try. This is when you really get to relax and just kick some ass Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:36 am

Did it actually occur to anyone that this person might not have all these consoles and might not want to throw his money away buying multiple copies for multiple systems?

Seriously, if you want the full experience PS2, PS3/360 and Wii versions are the best ones.

GC version doesn't have all the extras, they cut a lot of stuff out from the iOS version and the PC version is just plain horrible.

It all comes down to which controller you prefer and which consoles you have. As you already said you might get it for PS2 so that's all good.

HRZONE2 wrote:
I was asking because I go on youtube all the time, and I see people changing the game a lot. With clothes and stuff.
Those are propably mods from the PC version which is pretty much it's only saving grace. Good thing I'm not that much into extra costumes and there's already a couple of good sets in the game itself once you finish everything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 am

HRZONE2 wrote:
does re4 or Code V have any cool codes? Cause sometimes i just want to kill up some undead and have some fun lol.
Alright, lets get something clear here before I go on ranting about everything because I stayed up watching How I Met Your Mother all night instead of responding to you guys—I thought it was more productive. At any rate I read the quote above as this: "How can I turn Resident Evil into Tony Hawks Pro Skaters 2?" Mind you, I was working and half read the post. This is when I read the post and respond to it not fully understanding what the poster meant. Still, the fact that he was asking if it was scary or what kind of codes he could use to kick back and kill some zombies made me react the way I did: like I usually do.

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 I-regret-nothing-chicken

HRZONE2 wrote:
Well have mercy on me.
Haha funny.

HRZONE2 wrote:
It's not like I was going to play the game with cheats first. From what I've heard 2 and 3 (the ones I played without cheats) is a lot harder to survive in then 4. I was asking because I go on youtube all the time, and I see people changing the game a lot. With clothes and stuff.
You mention not playing with cheats like it's putting on your big boy pants. And referring back to Mass; the game is also on the PC. There are people who mod the shit out of every game they get on a PC. Don't believe me?

I like that one. I wish they stuck Batman in there somewhere.

Sargent D wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Oh yeah there's the code where you're invisible, have unlimited ammo, you can fly, and this is Resident Evil for god's sake! Survival horror urges the key word survive in every turn! So no, there are no codes you can punch in and take a walk in the park with.

Gamers today. Sheesh.
There's nothing wrong with cheats when your using them for fun, but when you use them to accually play the game thats just stupid. lol
Of course not. If you get the cheats, by playing the game you earned them.

00biohazard wrote:
Oh screw you guys, RE4 is scary, the whole first chapter (the village) is scary and adrenalinic as hell, and Ive played the old games, played them first mind you. The island is where it gets more action, but it has its fair share of thrills. Be original Get it on the GC. Then play on the Wii for extras, like Spike said.

Resident Evil 4 is scary. I think the entire game is scary. But the only reason it seems to lean more towards action as it progresses is because Leon gets pimped out with all these weapons to fight everyone off. Imagine if you only had your handgun, a first aid, and 50 rounds going up against lets say an Iron Maiden. You really do need the firepower, and they tried to balance the ammo with tougher more threatening enemies. I personally say: get it on the 360 or PS3.

TeRoR KiD wrote:

Someone has a bit of an ego don't they.
Yes I do, thank you for finally noticing me.

TeRoR KiD wrote:
I don't believe you are quite seasoned enough to use the "gamers these days" moniker yet Razz
Probably not, but it's beginning to show.

TeRoR KiD wrote:
As long as you're having fun I see no problem with using a cheat code. In fact some games are just straight up ridiculous to beat without codes. Ghosts n Goblins is the first one that comes to mind.
So is Milon's Secret Castle, but I'm not going to go back to the past... to play some shitty games that suck ass. Anyway, you have a point, but codes aren't required to play the game.

TeRoR KiD wrote:
As for RE4 it's great and once you beat it I believe you will get to retain any ammo and money left from your first play through for your next try. This is when you really get to relax and just kick some ass Smile
That in itself is a cheat. You can breeze through the whole village part in 30 minutes.. even at the last few chapters of the game, you have so much grenades and G,R,Y Herbs, you end up selling most of it before you fight the final boss who is a total pushover by comparison to Krauser or U3.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Did it actually occur to anyone that this person might not have all these consoles and might not want to throw his money away buying multiple copies for multiple systems?
Resident Evil 4 is on every console known to man since it's release. If he doesn't have a Gamecube, PS2, PC, Wii, iPhone/iPod, other mobile devices, Xbox360, or PS3, then well... he's just out of luck man.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Seriously, if you want the full experience PS2, PS3/360 and Wii versions are the best ones.

GC version doesn't have all the extras, they cut a lot of stuff out from the iOS version and the PC version is just plain horrible.
My point made clear, it's everywhere. I see the Gamecube Version as classic, iOS version is Resident Evil 4 on the go, and I'm a sucker for it. PC version will always be terrible. It's not as good when you have a mouse, but really if you don't have a Wii, 360, or PS3 then you're just ... you can't be into gaming as much as anyone on these forums, and I know for a fact that he has played Resident Evil 5, meaning that he must have a PC, 360, or PS3. Either way, he can play Resident Evil 4.

Mass wrote:
HRZONE2 wrote:
I was asking because I go on youtube all the time, and I see people changing the game a lot. With clothes and stuff.
Those are propably mods from the PC version which is pretty much it's only saving grace. Good thing I'm not that much into extra costumes and there's already a couple of good sets in the game itself once you finish everything.
Again, check out the youtube video above. Tell me Joker is not awesome. Look me in the eye and tell me Joker is not awesome with a straight face. You can't do it.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:16 am

Yes I would suggest playing it.
It is a great balanced game and you would be missing out if you didn't.
Best platform to get it on is of coarse the Gamecube.
Dont listen to everyone's hate, the PC version is good.
Plus there is patches for it to make it better than the xbox/ps3 HD remake.
SO yeah get it on Gamecube if you have one, if not then just get it for any
console you own. The game doesn't really change that much from different ports.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:55 am

Mercy wrote:
And referring back to Mass; the game is also on the PC. There are people who mod the shit out of every game they get on a PC. Don't believe me?
I do believe you. I never said it wasn't on the PC.

Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Resident Evil 4 is on every console known to man since it's release. If he doesn't have a Gamecube, PS2, PC, Wii, iPhone/iPod, other mobile devices, Xbox360, or PS3, then well... he's just out of luck man.
Basically what I meant with that was that even after he said he's propably gonna get it for PS2 people still kept telling him to get it for the GameCube AND then for the Wii to get the extras. Not everyone wants to own multiple copies of the same game nor do everyone have those consoles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 am

My honest and humble opinion on the game is that it rocks as a shooter game and was my first shooter game. Though you would not find references of previous games or characters besides leon and ada, Game is worth playing for the unlockables and bonus modes like mercenaries, seperate ways and assignment ada. Its a fun game so don't miss out on it.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 am

RE4 has quite a few scary scenes. The parts when you're in the village in the rain with Ashley are creepy as hell. Also, the regenerators' voices are downright chilling.

If you ask me, the best "cheats" on RE4 are getting the tommy gun, the PRL, and the unlimited rocket launcher. You won't be invincible, but you can smash your way through just about any threat with these weapons.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 am

But the scariest thing of all was the night at the ball. When leon rode in without any head, everyone there thought he was dead. But then he dropped down off of his horse, he intended to make you his main course. For he was a zombie and he was dead, but he cant eat you cause he has no head. END
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 am

HRZONE2 wrote:
Well have mercy on me. It's not like I was going to play the game with cheats first. From what I've heard 2 and 3 (the ones I played without cheats) is a lot harder to survive in then 4. I was asking because I go on youtube all the time, and I see people changing the game a lot. With clothes and stuff.

When it comes to that a lot of people can alter codes through either a PC version or they buy a disk called 'Gameshark'. With that you can alter codes through a gaming platform, however, sometimes the effects of the code altering can be permanent or glitch horribly.

RE:CVX? Good choice! But if you're able to get both that one and RE4 at the same time you should go for it.

RE4 has some awesome scary moments. It was nice to bring Leon back and having enemies that were smarter and could put up a bit more a fight then what the zombies could as well. Like most I find the Regenerators among some of the scarier enemies that you'll encounter during your run though of RE4. If you haven't found one yet but know it's there it can be terrifying. They sound like they have a respiratory problem and twitch when they walk. And the ones with the spikes that jut out? Those are just terrible! They're like an overgrown porcupine! T-T

But anyways, good luck and happy gaming!
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 am

Mercy where did you get that gif with the chicken I LOVE IT
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:41 pm

I never told him to get multiple copies. I told him to get it on the Wii since it's the superior version.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:00 pm

I will always stand by the original Gamecube version
The wii had the bonuses but the Gamecube is where the heart is and where I played it first.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Mercy where did you get that gif with the chicken I LOVE IT

lol me to,its a great gif
Back to top Go down
Jilly
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jilly

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 pm

I honestly wouldn't say the transgression from the older RE to RE4 is assbreaking. In fact I still think RE4 should of just been the start of RE spin offs.

However that said RE4 is still a fun game, definitely a classic if you haven't played it before. It has a lot of moments that really shine, specifically the whole beginning village.
Back to top Go down
http://w11.zetaboards.com/raccooncityoutbreak/index/
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mercy wrote:
And referring back to Mass; the game is also on the PC. There are people who mod the shit out of every game they get on a PC. Don't believe me?
I do believe you. I never said it wasn't on the PC.

I was referring to your last post, not addressing you. I was talking to Zone.

At any rate, the question is should you try Resident Evil 4? Yes. Calling it an amazing game is an insult to its perfection.
Back to top Go down
Jilly
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jilly

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 pm

I really am interested in trying RE4 for the PC now, since I saw a mod that replaces Leon with Jill.

But I've also heard the PC port is terrible. Can anyone confirm?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Jilly wrote:
I really am interested in trying RE4 for the PC now, since I saw a mod that replaces Leon with Jill.

But I've also heard the PC port is terrible. Can anyone confirm?

It's not the best port but I dont see the problem with it.
You have good mod patches that make the game realistic lighting and HD
and you also have mod's to raise the difficulty level.
All in all I think its worth a shot.
Should give it a try and find out.
I would say buy it but if you just want to try then torrent it and come to me if you need help.
I have been the go to guy in the past for Resident evil PC problems because you will have at least one problem when you try to play a resident evil game on the PC lol
Back to top Go down
Jilly
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jilly

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Ooh snap, I didn't think it had those type of mods too. Increased difficulty sounds fun. Guess I will have to give it a shot. Razz

HD sounds cool too.
Back to top Go down
HRZONE2
Cerberus
Cerberus
HRZONE2

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Well thank you for the advice everyone. I have made a decision, drum roll please *drum roll*. I am.....not getting RE4 Very Happy *record scratch* lol. I am buying Code Veronica on PS2. It's more my style when it comes to the RE games. Someday I will give RE4 a try.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 pm

HRZONE2 wrote:
Well thank you for the advice everyone. I have made a decision, drum roll please *drum roll*. I am.....not getting RE4 Very Happy *record scratch* lol. I am buying Code Veronica on PS2. It's more my style when it comes to the RE games. Someday I will give RE4 a try.

Still an awesome choice regardless. Hope you have fun playing it.

On the notes of 'multiple copies of RE4', I own three myself. I got myself the PS2 and GC versions and then I was gotten the Wii version on my b-day. I've beaten it on the PS2 numerous times I'm half way through on the GC and haven't even opened it for my Wii and I've had that one at least two years now.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 pm

HRZONE2 wrote:

Psh, all dat fo nothin'.

Well enjoy CVX, it's effin awesome. tongue
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:13 am

HRZONE2 wrote:

Far more superior choice than RE4.
You enjoy CV and you enjoy it forever, you hear me Razz !
If youv got a Dreamcast then get the DC version, original and best Very Happy
CVX for ps2 has extras but DC version by far the best version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next