HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?

Go down 
+26
ChrisSherry
AndyXTheXGamer
Yoshi
VoyageTreader08
weskersbarber
fernandofan08
DarkBiohazard
ThomVD
Jilly
DeadlyGenetics
Monster Mash
chrisredfield84
Mcghie
TeRoR KiD
chocotricks
00biohazard
WyrmKing
RebelliousQueen
Spike991
Sargent D
chrisredfielmusculo
Mass Distraction
Jill Sandwich
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
HRZONE2
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:44 am

CVX is amazing, but you still have to play RE4 too. That game is also amazing.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:14 am

I think the choice was correct based on the games you've played so far. Go easy on ammunition because this is quite possibly the hardest of the traditional RE games...
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:34 am

I still don't understand why everybody thinks CV is so hard. I had more trouble with RE0, 1 and 3 than with CV. They give you so much ammo in this game and the anti bow grenade rounds can take care of the tyrant. Not to mention that every regular zombie and cerberus can be easily killed with the knife in this game.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:48 am

ThomVD wrote:
I still don't understand why everybody thinks CV is so hard. I had more trouble with RE0, 1 and 3 than with CV. They give you so much ammo in this game and the anti bow grenade rounds can take care of the tyrant. Not to mention that every regular zombie and cerberus can be easily killed with the knife in this game.

The feeling is mutual...me and my friend beat RE0 very easily but you continually talk about how hard it was Razz
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 am

Very Happy You're right, I guess. But RE0 didn't have the super overpowered knife that CV had. I mean, you could even kill most bosses with it (including the tyrant on the plane), and in CV it was a lot easier to dodge enemies than in RE0 and REmake (because of gameplay mechanics and wider area's), but I guess everybody has different thoughts about difficulty.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:56 am

ThomVD wrote:
Very Happy You're right, I guess. But RE0 didn't have the super overpowered knife that CV had. I mean, you could even kill most bosses with it (including the tyrant on the plane), and in CV it was a lot easier to dodge enemies than in RE0 and REmake (because of gameplay mechanics and wider area's), but I guess everybody has different thoughts about difficulty.

I think the thing about CVX that really got me is how long the actual game goes for. A lot of areas and challenges.

I still remember thinking the first time I played it when I beat the (spoiler) tyrant on the plane I was very close to the end. Didn't get that feeling since the original and that is what made it such a great RE game.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:51 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
I think the choice was correct based on the games you've played so far. Go easy on ammunition because this is quite possibly the hardest of the traditional RE games...

That's why you keep that knife on hand at all times no matter the situation. ;P
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 1:04 pm

CV was very easy.
The 360/ps3 HD port has smaller areas like they have squashed it up.
The tyrant fight is uber harder.
I do feel that the original CV was not hard but a very enjoyable title.
Resident evil 0 was also a hard title for me, the REmake was a little challenging to begin with but then so was the original resident evil 1.
Resident evil 3 was hard/easy, the dodge system and ammo making helped a lot.
There was far to much ammo and guns, though you need them for nemesis.
The game got killed pretty quick and was a bit of a challenge to survive.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Mcghie wrote:

He was easy. I've beaten him with a knife in like 3 tries with only 3 health sprays. He's overrated imo.
Back to top Go down
DarkBiohazard
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
DarkBiohazard

Playstation Network SnowblindGuitar

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Yes. I highly recommend you get your hands on this masterpiece
Back to top Go down
http://darkbiohazard.tumblr.com/
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:24 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

He was easy. I've beaten him with a knife in like 3 tries with only 3 health sprays. He's overrated imo.

Yeah in code veronica he's easy.
In the HD port for the ps3/xbox he's not as easy to knife.
Back to top Go down
DarkBiohazard
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
DarkBiohazard

Playstation Network SnowblindGuitar

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Oh and also its great that youve started resident evil with 2 and 3 but you cant forget about the other games :3 try and play them when you can by borrowing from a friend or something. I guarantee they will be just as satisfying as 2 and 3
Back to top Go down
http://darkbiohazard.tumblr.com/
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 pm

DarkBiohazard wrote:
Oh and also its great that youve started resident evil with 2 and 3 but you cant forget about the other games :3 try and play them when you can by borrowing from a friend or something. I guarantee they will be just as satisfying as 2 and 3

Your not wrong there.
Even play the non cannon spin off's, especially Gaiden!
DarkBio You should introduce yourself in the introduction thread on the home page, to get a more formal welcome from all off us.
It really is the best place to begin your post, so we can all get to know you a little bit and then you can speak to all the guy/girls here at REF.
I love how your name if DarkBiohazard, another cult follow of the notorious DB mod I take it ?
Shame it will never be Sad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 am

Mcghie wrote:
Exactly. While Gaiden might not be canon it's still an awesome game.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Dude, don't lie to people Very Happy While Gaiden is an awesome game it's still not canon.

Isn't that what he said? "Even play the NON CANON spin off's, especially gaiden"
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:23 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Dude, don't lie to people Very Happy While Gaiden is an awesome game it's still not canon.

Isn't that what he said? "Even play the NON CANON spin off's, especially gaiden"
Wow. I need to learn to read right. Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Wow. I need to learn to read right. Fixed.

I thought we told you to stop staring up at the sun during the day Mass...

And Gaiden was terrible. Let's be honest.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:17 am

Spike991 wrote:
And Gaiden was terrible. Let's be honest.
That depends on ones preferences.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:41 am

Come on spike for a gameboy game you cant say it was completely terrible ?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 am

If you can't stand playing really old school games then I can see it would look and feel terrible. Not that I would agree, I grew up with NES and Amiga.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 am

I love old school games too (I finished frigging Ninja Gaiden on the NES, that should say enough), so I think I'd love Gaiden.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 am

I grew up with the NES and spectrum zx
I love 8bit graphics, I dont know why but NES games appeal to me as much as
games of todays standards Smile
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:09 am

Maybe if Gaiden was released in the 8 bit period it would be really popular. You never know.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 am

I guess it would have been because sweet home was very popular.
Popular enough for Capcom to remake it into what is now know as Resident evil.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 pm

RE4 is a great action game. But its a terrible RE game.

Its focuses on action at the expense of any atmosphere. The story is pretty naff by RE standards, Leon's character is ruined in the game, and theres quite a few enemies with the magical 'glowing yellow hitpoint parasite'.

What I never liked was that I had so much ammo I couldnt it it all in my suitcase. I mean, backwards spanish townsfolk with Pitchforks were dropping 15 shotgun shells or 30 handgun rounds when you killed them and they bubbled/dissolved into thin air. It always felt laughable and daft in that respect. But the game was never meant to be survival horror. it was always meant to be an action game which IMO is when the series declined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?   I ve never played RE4...Should I try it? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I ve never played RE4...Should I try it?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next