HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil needs more action

Go down 
+19
DXP
DeadlyGenetics
RaviorStygian
Kino_00
RingoSparkle
BloodMoney88
RE Psycho
Vandal
Incompetent Barry
00biohazard
Jill Sandwich
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
ChickenHeart
ThomVD
RebelliousQueen
chrisredfielmusculo
Monster Mash
weskersbarber
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:51 am

So... you are not in for the story? RE6 seems to have lots of it, with its three different scenarios and possible extra ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
So... you are not in for the story? RE6 seems to have lots of it, with its three different scenarios and possible extra ones.

The story as far as i'm concerned ended for me when 5 ended, Wesker died, Jill became blonde, Chris finally realized it was all worth fighting for, we got a woman who's story made no attachment to anything(Sheva) I remember in the early designs for 5 Barry was Chris's support character, we had zombies we had the Wesker vs STARS arc about to end all they needed was Rebecca to come back but no....

What we got was Wesker with a god complex, we got a roid chris that punches boulders, a support character that felt completely out of touch with the entire series not to mention Action was the default thing....there is more I could go over.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 am

Well, suit yourself. I for one am excited to see how the storyline goes on. Hopefully Damnation releases soon so I'll be having more to occupy my craving for RE before 6 comes out.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am

Couldn't agree more with damnation can't wait for that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 am

My guess is that Damnation is going to have a whole lot to do with RE6.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 am

DXP wrote:
The story as far as i'm concerned ended for me when 5 ended, Wesker died, Jill became blonde,

I disliked how Wesker's life was ended in RE5. If they were going to kill him it should have been either Chris and Jill (no, not frakin' Sheva and Chris) or Chris alone.

Also Jill turned blonde due to the chemicals Wesker had her marinading in while she was in her little slumber tube.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
DXP wrote:
The story as far as i'm concerned ended for me when 5 ended, Wesker died, Jill became blonde,

I disliked how Wesker's life was ended in RE5. If they were going to kill him it should have been either Chris and Jill (no, not frakin' Sheva and Chris) or Chris alone.

Also Jill turned blonde due to the chemicals Wesker had her marinading in while she was in her little slumber tube.

Well it wouldve been pretty crappy if you and your coop partner were Chris and Sheva for the whole game, then at the ending, where your supposed to bazooka the final boss your both fighting, Jill steps up and says Ill take it from here!!lol. It wouldnt make much sense story-wise.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:29 pm

I love the story personally. It's so over-the-top and has that "passionate" feeling that makes it irresistible. I like how the story starts out small, then escalates into something big. I like that sort of thing. Plus the games are really fun.

I'm in the same boat as NiteCrawler and MD. The games are perfect the way they are. They were never really scary to begin with, and every game has plenty of ammo. They've always been fun games where you survive by going through areas killing enemies that came from some virus. It hasn't changed, and the games are still fun to play, and there's nothing wrong with the series.

By the way, I wonder if the new Leon VA is doing Leon's voice in Damnation.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

00biohazard wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
DXP wrote:

Well it wouldve been pretty crappy if you and your coop partner were Chris and Sheva for the whole game, then at the ending, where your supposed to bazooka the final boss your both fighting, Jill steps up and says Ill take it from here!!lol. It wouldnt make much sense story-wise.

Story wise sheva makes no sense put it this way sure her parents died at a umbrella facility but who was betrayed by their own captain in 1998 along with several other members? So who out of Jill and Sheva had a more personal issue with Wesker? I think its defiantly not Sheva right? So if Jill had taken her place alongside Chris like she was during and after the mansion incident it makes more sense story wise except Capcom obviously didn't think that far that's my 2 quid on it anyway. =P

RaviorStygian wrote:
I love the story personally. It's so over-the-top and has that "passionate" feeling that makes it irresistible. I like how the story starts out small, then escalates into something big. I like that sort of thing. Plus the games are really fun.

I'm in the same boat as NiteCrawler and MD. The games are perfect the way they are. They were never really scary to begin with, and every game has plenty of ammo. They've always been fun games where you survive by going through areas killing enemies that came from some virus. It hasn't changed, and the games are still fun to play, and there's nothing wrong with the series.

By the way, I wonder if the new Leon VA is doing Leon's voice in Damnation.

We are talking about the original biohazard here right? You know that game that gave every kid in the 90's nightmares who dared to play it? Where conserving every bullet meant life or death? It has changed and instead of trying to keep a compelling story, all we get now is contradiction after contradiction, like now Claire had no involvement with rescuing Sherry according to RE6, wesker who became a neo wannabe with a god complex, a guy who can punch boulders with hardly any effort and you say nothing has changed?

Comparing REmake or even zero to 5 shows that REmake/ zero has a more horror based game, plus it has the pre-rendered cameras a lot of veterans who started on the first game all say that the original games's charm came from those pre-rendered backgrounds, now its all behind the shoulder blam blam and ammo can be collected from crows... There is in my opinion a lot wrong with the series its trying to be something it never was and as for direction they can't decide where to go with the series.

I find it ironic that RE6 was supposed to reboot the entire franchise has it? No. But again everyone is entitled to their opinion you like the series the way it is that's cool with me Smile Me on the other hand though I prefer the games as they originally were but I do love RE4 its because despite it having action it still adopted horror RE5 did away with that altogether.

But does it need MORE action? no at the moment it has way more action than it should have I could write a whole set of documentation on how horror could still work with every fans stance taken into consideration and I may actually get cracking with it since I would love to hear feedback about it. Smile And I hope no one sees me as a douche saying all this I respect eveyone's opinions on where they stand with the series.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:46 pm

DXP wrote:
now Claire had no involvement with rescuing Sherry according to RE6
What do you mean by that? It is clearly stated on the official RE6 website that Leon and Claire saved her from Raccoon.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm sorry, I just don't see what the problem is. I have literally no problems with the how the series is evolving. No one said it was going to stay the same forever. And to me, it hasn't changed all that much. Sorry if anyone disagrees, but it's a videogame franchise. Not something to get livid about. Razz (not to say anyone is getting livid here)
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:30 pm

I think he means that by her not being in RE6, made it seem as if she
never saved Sherry with Leon
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:
What do you mean by that? It is clearly stated on the official RE6 website that Leon and Claire saved her from Raccoon.

If you mean the japanese website here is a lovely translation:

Sherry was slipped out from the city at the time of the incident, was turned into hell by the help of our Leon,

Not a mention of Claire and her vaccine making skills, I hope to hell and high water they aren't trying to retcon her now =_= and another thing that has now retconned is that she was slipped out of the city at the time of the incident? Well here I was thinking she was hiding out in the RPD at that time.
Back to top Go down
RingoSparkle
Cerberus
Cerberus
RingoSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:14 am

Damnation is probably set a couple of years b4 RE6 cuz Leon still looks young Razz
I wonder if that is Chris that Leon sees at the end of the Damnation trailer.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 am

DXP wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:

If you mean the japanese website here is a lovely translation:

Sherry was slipped out from the city at the time of the incident, was turned into hell by the help of our Leon,

Not a mention of Claire and her vaccine making skills, I hope to hell and high water they aren't trying to retcon her now =_= and another thing that has now retconned is that she was slipped out of the city at the time of the incident? Well here I was thinking she was hiding out in the RPD at that time.
Ah, well sorry 'bout that. I just read the translations at Rely on Horror.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:02 pm

If Capcom wants to compete in the action game market why not just develop a new game and stop screwing around with RE trying to make it sell like COD.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:40 pm

RE Psycho wrote:
If Capcom wants to compete in the action game market why not just develop a new game and stop screwing around with RE trying to make it sell like COD.
It's not like COD. It never was.

If anything, it's become like Uncharted. OOOOOOOOOO :O Oh noes whatswegonnado
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:55 pm

More Action? Isn't that what the live action movies were made for?
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:27 am

Nobudy wrote:
More Action? Isn't that what the live action movies were made for?

nah,the movies are really scary and they are great replicas of the achual videogame plot
whe should give leon superpowers,just to make resident evil 6
scary like re5 was

seriously trough,whe already have re:orc and resident evil 5
whe dont need another action game,at less make it like resident evil 4
when it still had its horror moments(ashley part,regenarators,the village)
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Everyone complains about too much action when RE3 had quite a lot of action.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:41 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:

thats true but people tend to forget that since its a classic RE. also pretty much in every RE game when there is a countdown sequence i would call that action.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:10 am

[quote="DXP"]
Mass Distraction wrote:

Sherry was slipped out from the city at the time of the incident, was turned into hell by the help of our Leon

While I would prefer that Claire had been mentioned, this doesn't mean that she's been retconned out; they probably just want to keep the focus on Leon since he's one of the main protagonists while Claire won't be in RE6 at all.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:13 am

i agree with mash
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:56 am

RaviorStygian wrote:

I dont agree with you on that,even too resident evil 3 had a litle bit of
moments when you were more confortable(more ammo,carlos) it still wasnt
by no measures pure action,you have to be always looking over your shoulder because of the nemesis,face creatures like tyrants,dogs and other bow`s when you arent expecting and its a complet suprise,and it still had a pure horror enviromment
it isnt has scary like resident evil 2,but its still a complete survival horror game that doesnt even remotely resembles an action game

resident evil 4 still had some horror elements(especially parts like when you fight the regenerators,the village)
resident evil 5,resident evil:ORC were action games,they are still fun has hell,and resident evil 5 had a god plot imo

i still have hopes that resident evil 6 will turn into a mix of horror and action
kinda like revelations,just with improved gameplay and zombies
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:05 am

I still think "horror" is fighting scary monsters. That's how I see it.

So to me "horror" never left the series. It just got more exciting and fast paced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil needs more action
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next