HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil needs more action

Go down 
+19
DXP
DeadlyGenetics
RaviorStygian
Kino_00
RingoSparkle
BloodMoney88
RE Psycho
Vandal
Incompetent Barry
00biohazard
Jill Sandwich
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
ChickenHeart
ThomVD
RebelliousQueen
chrisredfielmusculo
Monster Mash
weskersbarber
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:11 am

I think that everybody has a different thought about the word "horror". If I think about horror, I think about creepy atmosphere, slow pacing, some jump scares, decent graphics (yeah, I don't care much about graphics, but I do have to say that it can add to the scariness. RE1 is hard to take seriously these days), scary sound effects and music. I think that REmake is the only one that had all of those.

You also have the panic kind of horror. Like RE4 and 5, while fighting Dr. Salvador, Reapers, Garradors etc. It fills you with adrenaline. Old RE games had it with hunters, lickers, crimson heads etc. That's the kind of horror you think about.

It just depends on each person what they consider horror and what not.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:15 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I still think "horror" is fighting scary monsters. That's how I see it.

So to me "horror" never left the series. It just got more exciting and fast paced.
~

To me horror isnt just fighting scary monsters,its about the enviromment,gameplay,the athmosphere
and your resources and plot,that is what makes an horror game,its about you strulling to survive
or going trough terrible situations that bring your primal instints,its about being scared to open
that door,or see what you might encounter later on the game,knowing that you dont have a bunch of guns
with a huge ammount of ammo,the old games did that well,you were for the most time alone,you didnt have much ammo and
you were just strulling to survive,resident evil 4 and 5,didnt have that,just because you fight scary monsters it doesnt make it
a horror games,you fight them with partners,you have a lot of ammo,powerfull guns and the enviromment just doesnt bring it
like the old games did

how can you be scared of fighting anything with a huge ammount of ammo,very powerfull guns,resources,partners
and an overall lack of athmosphere in the game(re4 still had a litle bit of that trough
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:35 am

Whatever scares you is horror. If you're scared of fighting ugly ass monsters, that's horror, if you're scared of walking down a claustrophobic and dark hallway, that's horror, if you're scared of the music, if it gets your heart pumping, and instinctively overly brings you to the edge of your seat, that's horror. To say Resident Evil doesn't have horror anymore is very subjective. I feel that Resident Evil 5 has horrific aspects to it, and I feel that Resident Evil 6 will do the same.

Last edited by Mercy on Fri May 25, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:39 am

I agree 100% with Mercy. You nailed it dude.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:52 am

ThomVD wrote:
I agree 100% with Mercy. You nailed it dude.

yeah me too,its very subjective,even resident evil:orc can be
considered horror by certain person(s),i still feel that they dont focus
on horror anymore,at least not like they used to,it still has a couple of moments/horror elements
but not at the same scale then the old games

but i feel like resident evil stoped being about survival and horror after resident evil 3,
not that its a bad thing,since the aspect that i most enjoy in the series is the story,characters,
and the gameplay is very fun and addictive

anyway,i think that resident evil 6 will be a good mix,i think whe will see a darker
athmosphere while having a pretty decent ammount of action

and i cant wait to see the plot,leon and chris together for the first time,ashley,jake
and finding out more about what hapenned after re5 Smile
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Mercy wrote:
Whatever scares you is horror. If you're scared of fighting ugly ass monsters, that's horror, if you're scared of walking down a claustrophobic and dark hallway, that's horror, if you're scared of the music, if it gets your heart pumping, and instinctively overly brings you to the edge of your seat, that's horror. To say Resident Evil doesn't have horror anymore is very subjective. I feel that Resident Evil 5 has horrific aspects to it, and I feel that Resident Evil 6 will do the same.
Indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Mercy wrote:
Agreed. Res 5 had its scary moments as well(Seeing Uruboros for the first time without the incinerator anyone?)
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:46 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Agreed. Res 5 had its scary moments as well(Seeing Uruboros for the first time without the incinerator anyone?)

In my opinion the only part that was more horror(and it still didnt feel scary) then action to me, was the first time when you fight the lickers,but my grenade launcher took care of them pretty easly trough Razz
but i can understand that some parts of the game could be considered scary,it depends on the person really
the lickers,the chainsaw majinis,the second uruborous were really intense
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:04 am

That's really what makes RE horror to me in the first place. Aside from the scary monsters, it's the tense feeling. In almost every game, you can't move and shoot at the same time (and even in the ones you can it's still pretty tense) which adds further intensity for me. Nemesis would be no problem at all if I could just strafe around him and shoot like in Mega Man Legends (which is a classic btw). The creature itself would still be scary, but the fights with him wouldn't be. It's that tense feeling you get when things are coming after you, and that hasn't left the series at all.

The only games, to me, that have scary atmospheres are again REmake and RE4. That's because they take place in very creepy and sometimes decrepit areas. But those are really the only games I think that have any sort of "horror" to their atmosphere. I don't find Raccoon City to really be a very scary place in terms of atmosphere. It's just going through a regular, well-lit city at night. The monsters are what made the game tense and scary, not the location or atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:44 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
That's really what makes RE horror to me in the first place. Aside from the scary monsters, it's the tense feeling. In almost every game, you can't move and shoot at the same time (and even in the ones you can it's still pretty tense) which adds further intensity for me. Nemesis would be no problem at all if I could just strafe around him and shoot like in Mega Man Legends (which is a classic btw). The creature itself would still be scary, but the fights with him wouldn't be. It's that tense feeling you get when things are coming after you, and that hasn't left the series at all.

The only games, to me, that have scary atmospheres are again REmake and RE4. That's because they take place in very creepy and sometimes decrepit areas. But those are really the only games I think that have any sort of "horror" to their atmosphere. I don't find Raccoon City to really be a very scary place in terms of atmosphere. It's just going through a regular, well-lit city at night. The monsters are what made the game tense and scary, not the location or atmosphere.

i think the atmosphere is a huge part of what makes the games
so intense,way more then the monsters(bow´s),resident evil 5 was full of them
and it still wasnt has intense or scary if you will like resident evil 4 or any of the older games
the location contributes too,but it isnt much of a big deal imo

and yeah you nailed it about the nemesis,couldnt have said it better,the gameplay
is what really makes the nemesis so intense,the fact that you cant walk/run and shoot at the same time
and that if you run away frow him he will come to you like a torpedo

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:49 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Everyone complains about too much action when RE3 had quite a lot of action.
Yes, and RE4/5 are just simple facelifts of RE3, right? Rolling Eyes

The RE3 comparison is getting to be pathetically over-exaggerated. RE3 didn't completely abandon all survival horror aspects to become a Call of Duty clone. They added a few player-choice moments, eliminated some button presses when going up stairs, and added an about-face ability. Beyond that, how different is it from RE1/2? Very little at all. Battles with Nemesis didn't differ all that much from those with the Tyrants from the previous games either.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:58 am

[quote="Ghost Leader"]
RaviorStygian wrote:
RE3 didn't completely abandon all survival horror aspects to become a Call of Duty clone.
Neither did the new games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil needs more action
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3