Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil needs more action EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil needs more action EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil needs more action EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil needs more action EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil needs more action EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil needs more action EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil needs more action EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil needs more action EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil needs more action

Go down 
+19
DXP
DeadlyGenetics
RaviorStygian
Kino_00
RingoSparkle
BloodMoney88
RE Psycho
Vandal
Incompetent Barry
00biohazard
Jill Sandwich
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
ChickenHeart
ThomVD
RebelliousQueen
chrisredfielmusculo
Monster Mash
weskersbarber
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

Resident Evil needs more action Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 am

According to the idiot series producer.

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/122/1221455p1.html
wrote:
Resident Evil has consciously moved away from its survival horror roots in order to remain competitive in the market, says series producer Masachika Kawata.

Speaking to Gamasutra, he spoke about how the series has been influenced by global market pressures.

"Especially for the North American market, I think the series needs to head in that [action-oriented] direction," Kawata said. "[Resident Evil's primary games] need to be an extension of the changes made in Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5.

"RE4 started in that direction, and RE5 kept going in that direction. And I think that especially for the North American market, we need to keep going in that direction, and take that a step further. And that's exactly one of the reasons that [3DS game] Revelations is the way it is."

More Resident Evil Videos

This transition arguably began with the release of Resident Evil 4 in 2005, but it was definitely consolidated with the release of the action-heavy but polarising Resident Evil 5 in 2009. Furthermore, Operation Racoon City – the most recent instalment in the series, and the first to be developed outside of Japan – is a third-person shooter.

Kawata says this shift in tone is because the once-popular survival horror genre can no longer compete in a marketplace dominated by the likes of Call of Duty.

"Looking at the marketing data [for survival horror games]... the market is small, compared to the number of units Call of Duty and all those action games sell," he said. "A survival horror Resident Evil doesn't seem like it'd be able to sell those kind of numbers."

When asked how this will affect Resident Evil 6, out later this year, Kawata remained coy. "I can't really speak for Resident Evil 6, but I don't think that it necessarily has to go all the way in that [action-heavy] direction, the Call of Duty direction."

This doesn't mean that the Resident Evil series is no longer interested in curdling blood. "So we have our numbered series, and we can say we have a more adventure-oriented version, like a Revelations-style game. And we also have Operation: Raccoon City, which is a third-person shooter," he said.

"So I think that by extending the market in this sense, we can still have the numbered titles keep their identity about what Resident Evil is supposed to be, but still expand and hit other markets as well."

Resident Evil 6 is scheduled for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC in November.

This is a big hint that RE6 is going to be mainly action. Just another reminder that Capcom care only about the money and not what the loyal fans want. Does anyone on here agree with this guy?
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:25 am

RE6 looks like it's going to be a mix of survival-horror and action.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:38 am

i dont see the series ever coming back to the series original roots,
but i aspect to see a litle bit more of the survival horror on the future,but either way i think re7 will be mainly action with some survival horror elements added to it,xd
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

Monster Mash wrote:
You got it right. RE6 is a Survival Horror and Action, But I think they are more focusing on Action now.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 am

Whats worrying me is this guy is constantly talking about COD. Fuck COD. COD and RE should never be in the same sentence, apart from this one.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:26 am

Damn, that's not good. I fell in love with this series because of the survival horror. If I want action and shooting without puzzles, then I'll go play an other game. There are enough mindless shooters on the market right now.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 am

I bet the gameplay will be along the lines of ORC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 am

ThomVD wrote:
Damn, that's not good. I fell in love with this series because of the survival horror. If I want action and shooting without puzzles, then I'll go play an other game. There are enough mindless shooters on the market right now.

I'm sure this is how most of us feel. Capcom only cares about money though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:09 am

I've read about this some time ago. It's just... lame. I mean, sure, RE6 does seem to be a mix of action and horror and that's how they've told it is. It's gonna be good. I just hope they at least try to keep that approach with upcoming games.

Btw. Saying Capcom only cares about money is pretty irrelevant since that could be applied to pretty much any company ever existed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 am

Capcom doesn't develope RE games anymore, they just publish them, and decide the dlcs and all that
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 am

Hell NO Evil or Very Mad! Resident Evil needs more horror and gore. I don't care if Capcom is officially calling RE dramatic horror. To me, it's still and will always be survival horror DAMN IT! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind change, but the video game market is already over saturated with action styled games. Survival horror is becoming a dying genre, because companies choose to be mindless followers instead of favoring what made their games special. *Sigh* I just hope Leon's scenario in 6 won't be rushed and short in favor for the action portions of the game.....Mad

Last edited by Jill Sandwich on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 am

God dammit this really sucks...Like you guys say, there are enough mindless shooters on the market already, I am a fan of RE because of what made it unique from different games, but now its just gonna become a cookie cutter copy of COD? these guys have no respect for their franchise. Im seriously becoming disappointed more and more with RE, im begginning to agree with GL in his disenfranchised with RE thread. But still, the series director said he could make more games like REvelations alongside the main series, which concentrate more on the survival horror, and Im still excited for RE6. Who knows, only time will tell Biohazard´s future, but this article sure put a serious dent in my hope for the series...
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 pm

its a sad day if RE has to change what they are about because of COD. FUCK COD!
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Whats worrying me is this guy is constantly talking about COD. Fuck COD. COD and RE should never be in the same sentence, apart from this one.

Incompetent Barry wrote:
its a sad day if RE has to change what they are about because of COD. FUCK COD!

Fucking COD!

Resident Evil needs more action Cod
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
You got it right. RE6 is a Survival Horror and Action, But I think they are more focusing on Action now.
No, you're BOTH wrong! It's DRAMATIC HORROR! Ahahahaha!

Seriously though, there really is No Hope Left for the the Resident Evil franchise. Revelations—as good as it was—seemed like it had an identity crisis, and it didn't know who to please. Action Fans? Survival Horror Fans? We can do both. Let's face it, it would have been much better if the entire game was survival horror.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Mercy wrote:
Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
No, you're BOTH wrong! It's DRAMATIC HORROR! Ahahahaha!

Seriously though, there really is No Hope Left for the the Resident Evil franchise. Revelations—as good as it was—seemed like it had an identity crisis, and it didn't know who to please. Action Fans? Survival Horror Fans? We can do both. Let's face it, it would have been much better if the entire game was survival horror.

i dont know if i would put Revelations in the Action/Horror category. because as far as i remember there were no shoot outs, and as far as i can think the only part that was intense action was when the room filled with water
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Judging from the trailer, RE6 seems to have both a survival horror element and an action element. If this is so that would be fine with me, but if it's another action game i won't be buying it.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:42 pm

i hope they give leon superpowers
that would bring the horror back,like in re5
wheh everything was scary and tense

not
srs
Back to top Go down
BloodMoney88
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
BloodMoney88

Playstation Network Camara662

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm gonna have to agree, it does need more action.. but not in a sense that RE4 and 5 gave it.. Make it survival horror, lone wolf style like the originals, but add action here and there.. that's what was best about the old games, you're walking around corridors scared for your life and then BAM something comes out.. add action sequence there.
Back to top Go down
RingoSparkle
Cerberus
Cerberus
RingoSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:37 pm

The latest RE6 trailer's just come out and I do think RE6 is going to be fully action packed! Can't wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Ohh you got me there
I was preparing to launch my ultimate WTFYOUTALKINGABOUTWITHALOTOFCAPS attack when I opened this topic :[
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 pm

I honestly could care less either way.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Resident Evil does not need more action. It's needs to go back to puzzles and monsters jumping out at you from behind making you run until you can either see it to avoid or get away from it. But there's a thing called evolution. Too bad it sorta seems to be failing. Hopefully RE6 won't be.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Resident Evil does not need more action. It's needs to go back to puzzles and monsters jumping out at you from behind making you run until you can either see it to avoid or get away from it. But there's a thing called evolution. Too bad it sorta seems to be failing. Hopefully RE6 won't be.

Actually RE is full of action now. RE needs to go back to its original like solving puzzles, zombies hiding and suddenly it will pop out infront of you. Something like that. Hopefully RE6 wont dissapoint us.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 am

It needs less gears of evil and more survival horror, having to slug around on limited ammo whilst being attacked from all angles by whatever might be lurking in the shadows, not to mention more puzzles (seriously I hate how simple the puzzles are as of late) Revelations was on the right track but the way RE6 is going...well I won't be buying it when you take action and the COD style of making a game and forget about the original fans that made the game big back when it was still a horror game and then always use the middle finger when it comes to trying to 'bring' said fans back with promises of horror there's no point in standing by a game that has become a shadow of its former self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil needs more action   Resident Evil needs more action Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil needs more action
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next