Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Old RE Stuff

Go down 
+15
Sargent D
Vandal
ThomVD
weskersbarber
Incompetent Barry
Methsia
Mass Distraction
TeRoR KiD
Spike991
RebelliousQueen
PAULSAMSON
ChickenHeart
NiteKrawler
00biohazard
S.Winters
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fave Old RE game
RE0
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
RE1
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
REmake
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 10 ]
RE2
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
RE3
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
CVX
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
OB games
Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:08 pm

The Graphics on REmake is pure awesome. I would even say that it was more
realistic! Like the water's sharpness.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:10 pm

保守的な wrote:
I voted for REmake, but RE2 is my second favorite. I just really loved the graphics style of REmake and Zero.

A lot of people hate the controls in the older RE games, but I never really had a problem with them. I absolutely love the fixed-camera angles, they really add a lot more to the atmosphere, gameplay, and horror, as opposed to the new Gears of War style "over-the-shoulder" camera angles and gameplay.

At least he's trying Smile . Good job.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm

ThomVD wrote:
See I told you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Sargent D wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
See I told you. Very Happy

It still feels a bit forced but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:18 pm

*tear*

Anyway, you guys. Wish me with all the luck you have!! *shudder*

I want to beat REmake on Easy with Chris. And then beat Hard on the same character. Then move on to Jill. Oh I love life right now.

REmake, bring it on.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Why don't you play it on normal instead of easy? I thought you liked a challenge Smile .
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Shut upppp. you're embarassing meeeeeeeee.

No I do like a challenge. Hard is the challenge. Normal isn't.

Meth's logic. Is dead right now. Must sleep,
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:26 pm

But easy is a joke and really boring, but play however you want Very Happy . Good luck and have fun. I'm going to sleep now Smile .
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:29 pm

ThomVD wrote:
But easy is a joke and really boring, but play however you want Very Happy . Good luck and have fun. I'm going to sleep now Smile .

The climbing mode is great, just the perfect amount of zombies and ammo
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Climbing = normal, right?

But yeah, that is really the perfect way to play it on your first playthrough. Easy has so few zombies which made the pacing even slower than usual and the amount of ammo and herbs is just insane.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:33 pm

I unlocked the real survival mode when I played it the first time, but never tried it.....I guess it is time to become a man...
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 pm

It's not really that hard, just tedious as hell. The item boxes aren't connected so be prepared for a lot of backtracking.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:37 pm

I think that it is tedious because of the combination of the backtracking and the scarce ammo (i suppose it'd be scarce) because you have to dodge the zombies that you don't want to kill every time you backtrack
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 pm

IIRC the difficulty was exactly the same as the hard mode but yeah, the backtracking makes it hard but it isn't really a big problem if you just plan things right and know where every clip, herb, dagger etc. is. But I'm really going to sleep now Smile . Good night.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:57 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Climbing = normal, right?
Correct. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:07 pm

I chose CVX because it was my very first RE game that got me hooked on the series. After that every other RE game followed suit and I've beaten every one and pretty much own them all.

When I first played CV my mom had gotten it as a rental for me on the Dreamcast and I hated it. I couldn't figure out the controls I didn't understand the point of the 'Ink ribbon' and I kept dieing at the hands of the zombie that was on fire that crawls out of the truck. I kept trying to do 180 degree turns and kept failing miserably... And with my only weapon being a knife? I was like screw this! And went back to Dino Crisis. It wasn't until I played the demo for RE3 that I chose to give RECVX another shot as I couldn't find RE3 or RE2 at the time for my PS, which I then took my time and enjoyed it. I liked the elements and it made me want to explore the series more. One of the things about it that grabbed my attention is the puzzles. Seeing as I love puzzles and those can keep me busy for hours at a time. Now backtracking slightly aggravated me at first but I blew it off til I kept going through and despite my knowing where everything was by my fifth play through I was still taking the long way around so shame on me.

RECVX got me hooked quicker then most other games I've played in a series such as Wild Arms and Silent Hill for example and I'm still hooked on it today and still collect whatever I can whenever I can that pertains to Resident Evil.

Also I like the older generation of how the game was made, in my opinion it was scarier. Newer graphics are awesome but sometimes I like to play the old just to reminiscence and look at how it's changed over time.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Where is Survivor? Where is Gaiden? My votes go unnoticed D:

I'd like to play those for myself one day, cause everytime I see someone talk about it I get lost cause I have NO idea what Gaiden is.... Sad

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
What about the Dead aim? I am the only one who likes it? I guess so...

Dead Aim was interesting. I didn't hate how it switched views, But I got over it.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
If the Outbreaks are in the poll, the survivor series should have been there, or a tleast the first one

They'd be there if I played them..

Methsia wrote:
:O So you say RE0 is challenging?

I love a challenge! Even if it makes me cry. I am so getting this game now.

I really liked 0. It had such a nice story.

Oh, and guy's, I'm pretty sure I made the poll a multi vote..
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I still have not had the chance to pass it lol. I'm still between that rock and a hard place I got myself into oh so long ago.

OMG...do I need to beat RE0 for you? Damn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 am

ThomVD wrote:
Zero was the hardest game in the series for me. For some reason I didn't have any trouble with Code Veronica.

I'm the opposite, I found Zero to be the easiest game in the series. Having a partner with you most of the time really takes a lot of the horror out of it, I absolutely hated the lack of inventory boxed though. I never did beat RE0 though, I got to the laboratory and sent Billy up with the grappling hook instead of Rebecca. Upon doing research online, it is apparently impossible to get past that area with Billy, since only Rebecca can mix the chemicals needed to solve the puzzle Sad
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:21 am

保守的な wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Zero was the hardest game in the series for me. For some reason I didn't have any trouble with Code Veronica.

I'm the opposite, I found Zero to be the easiest game in the series. Having a partner with you most of the time really takes a lot of the horror out of it, I absolutely hated the lack of inventory boxed though. I never did beat RE0 though, I got to the laboratory and sent Billy up with the grappling hook instead of Rebecca. Upon doing research online, it is apparently impossible to get past that area with Billy, since only Rebecca can mix the chemicals needed to solve the puzzle Sad

I had the same but there is still a way to continue. I think there were chemicals back in the mansion or something, I'm not sure. I do know that you're not stuck. I had the same and completed the game on that file. I'm 100% sure about that, because I also thought I was stuck.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:45 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
If the Outbreaks are in the poll, the survivor series should have been there, or a tleast the first one
Survivor as series would've been better, because Dead Aim is older than Outbreak which is still on the list.

Mercy wrote:
You actually played Resident Evil Gaiden..?

And enjoyed it...?

I'm finding this extremely hard to believe.
But it's true! I really enjoyed the RPG elements of it, the setting was cool, music was quality (especially the battle theme), I liked playing as Barry and the game had just the right amount of difficulty. I even had to cheat on my first playthrough to beat the last boss (got unlimited ammo) and it was still tough. The next time around I knew to spare enough ammo to beat it.

S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Where is Survivor? Where is Gaiden? My votes go unnoticed D:

I'd like to play those for myself one day, cause everytime I see someone talk about it I get lost cause I have NO idea what Gaiden is.... Sad
Gaiden was the outcome of the project to make a Resident Evil game for GameBoy Color. It's a non canon rpg-ish top down game with Barry and Leon.
You can check my playthrough of it if you want: [link]
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 am

ThomVD wrote:
保守的な wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I had the same but there is still a way to continue. I think there were chemicals back in the mansion or something, I'm not sure. I do know that you're not stuck. I had the same and completed the game on that file. I'm 100% sure about that, because I also thought I was stuck.

Yeah I tried backtracking, but all I had with Becky were Molotov Cocktails, and there were a bunch of eliminators, I tried running past them, but I couldn't find the area back at the Training Facility with the chemicals.

So I started over and I tried a few different playthroughs after that, including one recently, however I keep running into this obscure glitch or something where it won't let you pick up the key on the bottom floor of the basement in the room with the disassembled in the Training Facility. Where one character has to control the cages from opening and closing, while your partner has to go through the small maze to get the key. It just won't let me pick up the key or recognize that there is even an item there for some reason. Which is weird since it worked on my first playthrough.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 am

RE0 is really hard if don't know what to do
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:14 am

So I had troubles playing REmake and it takes ages for me to work something out.

I will surely enjoy 0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:41 am

Methsia wrote:
So I had troubles playing REmake and it takes ages for me to work something out.

I will surely enjoy 0.
What were you have trouble with? The puzzles?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old RE Stuff   Old RE Stuff - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old RE Stuff
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next