HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?

Go down 
+5
Sargent D
Turo602
00biohazard
Methsia
Lady Yuna
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

Playstation Network Yunfang1130

Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Hey everyone! A really good friend of mine over at CapcomUnity posted scans for Chapters 1, 2, & 3 in a thread for the manga. They're in Chinese, but at least there's pictures which are fabulous! Very Happy Here's the link: http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/28954599/BIOHAZARD_Marhawa_Desire_Discussion?pg=3

They'll titled and numbered, but you'll have to search through the pages to see the other chapters since there are posts included. No translations yet though, and we're still waiting for chapter 4 which should surface soon. :3 Enjoy guys!

Mass-Thanks for letting me know about the mangas. I'll keep an eye out for the last one and let you know if I find it. Smile

Last edited by Lady Yuna on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I personally think it's canon seeing as Beards is in it and appears in a main game.

For another canon manga, in case you are interested, there's Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles. It takes place just before the invasion of the Russian Umbrella facility.

There's also Resident Evil by Ricardo Sanchez, a comic series that is as canon as you want it to be and itroduces different BSAA operatives.

EDIT: Forgot one. Resident Evil by Marvel Comics. It's a prequel to the first game that was bundled with the original release of RE1.

Just throwing these out there in case you are interested in reading canon comic additions to the series Very Happy If you ever happen to find the last one online please tell me, I'd like to read it.

mass, do you have links to biohazard umbrella chronicles manga??I really wanna check that one out.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:08 am

Sorry, no Sad

I've been trying to find an English translated version of the book so I could buy it but haven't found it in stores either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Sorry, no Sad

I've been trying to find an English translated version of the book so I could buy it but haven't found it in stores either.

By any chance....Is this it?
http://mangafox.me/manga/resident_evil_umbrella_chronicles/v01/c001/1.html
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:58 am

Indeed it is. Thank you.

I might read that but I'd still like to find myself the actual book Razz
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 am

Oh, okay. Well, I've been on the "lookout" for that book and I can't seem to find it anywhere. But, I'll keep searching and see what I can dig up. Umbrella Chronicles is a short manga though. Is it really just two chapters?

Before I forget. I remember reading somewhere that there was a manga about Jill and her dad. Do you know which manga that was?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:47 am

There's a manga like that? I know of a crap load of RE comics but that's actually a new one.

Anyway, the Umbrella Chronicles manga was made into two comic books so that's all there is.
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Yep, I found it on Jill's Wiki page.

Quote :
In the 1998 novel Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy, Jill is said to be the daughter of professional thief Dick Valentine and to having been his accomplice prior to her career in law enforcement (in apparent conflict with her supposed Delta Force background), explaining her unrivaled infiltration skills and "mastery of unlocking".

I never read it and I'm not sure why they would mention her father out of nowhere. Unless there's some kind of brief flashback of her family.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:04 pm

It's not a manga. Like the article says, it's from the novelization of RE1.

There's a whole book series made by Stephani Danielle Perry that spans from Zer0 to Code Veronica. She also made two original stories in between, the first one being about Rebecca. The series was followed by two Japanese sequels, both being original stories.

The books go into a lot more detail about characters and such than in the games. They, however, follow a slightly different timeline and can thus be considered as their own universe. They're a really good read if you want to read the series as books.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Oh, so they're not canon then. I need to start saving for these books Sad. Thanks Mass! I didn't know that. And Congrats for being promoted to a Mod. Smile
----
Chapter four scans were posted today. No BSAA this time unfortunately. It looks like Doug and Ricky are leaving the academy and I'm hoping they'll meet up Chris and the others in the next chapter.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/28954599/BIOHAZARD_Marhawa_Desire_Discussion?pg=15
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:16 am

Thank you and you're welcome Smile

Btw. I just found news that Marhawa Desire is starting to get official transaltions. The first part is gonna be published in France on June 14th. [source]
Hopefully it will eventually get an English version. It's not looking too good, though, as even the Umbrella Chronicles manga has only been translated into German.
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Sad Lucky people. You'd think they would also have a release date for the west too, but I guess not. If this has any connection to re6; how are the western audiences suppose to understand the story? I really wonder if this is even canon at all.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:51 am

The Umbrella Chronicles manga is canon and it has only been translated to German. It really seems that most of the literary additions to RE are only released in Japan and Germany, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:13 am

I haven't read manga in a really long time. Not since I bought DMC Code1: Dante and Code2: Vergil. I was so sad to find out that Code3: Lady was never released because the artist apparently quit before finishing it. Sad

I enjoyed reading the first chapter and hadn't realized I had already gone through all 28 pages(cover included). Can't wait for the second chapter to be translated next.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Thank you and you're welcome Smile
Btw. I just found news that Marhawa Desire is starting to get official transaltions. The first part is gonna be published in France on June 14th. [source]
Hopefully it will eventually get an English version. It's not looking too good, though, as even the Umbrella Chronicles manga has only been translated into German.

I'm in luck then as I know German. It would still be nice to have an English version released though.
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The Umbrella Chronicles manga is canon and it has only been translated to German. It really seems that most of the literary additions to RE are only released in Japan and Germany, for some reason.

Maybe its because they can't find anyone in the west to serialize the manga =(. Or maybe they just hate the west lol! JK.

@Deadly- Someone on capcomunity translated chapter 2 & 3 in a link that I posted in case your interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:47 pm

The Manga is canon. It's made by Capcom and it's the debut of Chris Redfield's partner in RE6, Beards Nevence.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 pm

WyrmKing wrote:
debut of Chris Redfield's partner in RE6, Beards Nevence.
Ooooh so THAT'S his name. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
There's a whole book series made by Stephani Danielle Perry

It's actually "Stephani Danelle Perry". Wink
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:01 am

Oh, sorry. So it is.

Btw. Beards has not been confirmed yet.
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 am

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:59 pm

They sure do look alike and I don't mind him being in the game but nothing is official until Capcom or some other representative says so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?   Biohazard Manga; Canon or not? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Biohazard Manga; Canon or not?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2