Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Canon changes EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Canon changes EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Canon changes EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Canon changes EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Canon changes EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Canon changes EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Canon changes EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Canon changes EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Canon changes EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Canon changes

Go down 
+5
MSR
Revenant662
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Pau Diaz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:08 am

According to what I read of the back of the Mr. X figure of the original figure line of 1998, he was sent in to recover the G-Virus and to eliminate any Raccoon City survivors. Now, following the release of the Dark Side Chronicles, the Resident Evil wiki stated that his secondary objective was to execute any police officers it came across, not any remaining survivors.

Why this change in canon so long after the release of Resident Evil 2? Was there a change of ideas from the figure releases and Capcom's idea of what of Mr. X's targets should be?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:23 am

In situations like this it's important to remember that RE Wiki is not an official source.

If you follow the link in the article to the Emergency Orders file page it is referring to, you can see the file found within Umbrella Chronicles. It says "This vessel is to infiltrate Raccoon City and air-drop T1 into the R.P.D. police station to take care of any possible survivors." which does corroborate with what was written on your figure.

The file also says that "The remaining Ts on board should be dropped in the P-12A Incinerator Facility. They will be able to respond to well-equipped and well-trained U.S. special forces in the area. We must make sure we take all necessary steps to clean them up." meaning there were other tyrants of the same line being dropped around the city to take care of any possible survivors.

I did take the liberty of putting the original Japanese transcrip into the oh-so-terrible google translator and it seems that it did originally say Mr. X's objective being "the complete annihilation of the survivors of the police station within." So, in the end, this all seems to boil down to a possible translation error on the figure packaging. Even then, there were multiple T-103's being sent to the city and even the original text only says that the 00's mission was to annihilate everyone inside RPD, not just police officers, which is also what the English file in UC says.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:58 am

Thank you very much. I have a better understanding now. I'll note this link and keep it in mind for future reference.

Now, Resident Evil Dead Aim seems to be somewhat of an anomaly in the series. It features characters that make proverbial one night stands and Morpheus being responsible for the Raccoon City T-Virus outbreak seems to be out of place and very weakly explained, or is there better proof to back it up?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:46 am

Maybe he gave some scientists at Raccoon City a rigged vial, and the USS Screw up only made the virus infestation worse?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Now, Resident Evil Dead Aim seems to be somewhat of an anomaly in the series. It features characters that make proverbial one night stands and Morpheus being responsible for the Raccoon City T-Virus outbreak seems to be out of place and very weakly explained, or is there better proof to back it up?

You mean the message from Umbrella that states they hold him responsible for the Raccoon Incident? I think they were just framing him as the perpetrator so they wouldn't get the full blame on what happened, making it seem like one rogue scientist was behind the screwup.

I don't think the true canon of the destruction of Raccoon being caused by the joint actions of James Marcus and William Birkin, unbeknownst to each other, has been changend.

To be honest I had completely forgotten that was said in DA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Revenant662
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Revenant662

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:06 pm

That is pretty interesting, if it was a joint effort between William Birkin and James Marcus I haven't heard that one before, any link or page where I can read more about that?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Revenant662 wrote:
That is pretty interesting, if it was a joint effort between William Birkin and James Marcus I haven't heard that one before, any link or page where I can read more about that?

It wasn't a joint effort per se, it was just their actions put together that amounted into the bigger disaster. It was partly because of Marcus' leeches that infected the woods and William's viruses that infected the rats in Raccoon sewers. My source being the games themselves, RE0 and RE2 to be precise.
Back to top Go down
Revenant662
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Revenant662

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Yeah I guess in a way I can see how unbeknownst to them they inadvertently caused it all, would have been interesting had they acknowledged it and worked together. I also read somewhere they had a hatred for each other, or more so a rivalry? probably bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Revenant662 wrote:
Yeah I guess in a way I can see how unbeknownst to them they inadvertently caused it all, would have been interesting had they acknowledged it and worked together. I also read somewhere they had a hatred for each other, or more so a rivalry? probably bullshit.

Considering both were top tier Umbrella scientists a rivalry isn't too far fetched. Besides, it was William and Albert who eventually did assassinate Marcus and left him to bleed to death so I would assume they weren't that friendly in the end.

Canon changes Img-23
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:54 pm

lol at Birkin's quote: "I will take over your research. Hahaha!"

But yeah, I'm totally not about to whip out my Archives or go searching for it, but there is a document in RE0 that talks about the competitive rivalry between scholar Will and Practical Al. Read it and weep.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:04 am

Spike 4:20 wrote:
But yeah, I'm totally not about to whip out my Archives or go searching for it, but there is a document in RE0 that talks about the competitive rivalry between scholar Will and Practical Al. Read it and weep.

Yes but this was about a rivalry between William and Marcus.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Which led to Marcus´assassination as I recall. The Queen Leech is the one that brought him back and enabled Marcus to extract his revenge. The events of Resident Evil might not have happened the same way had that entity not been around to resurrect him.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
You mean the message from Umbrella that states they hold him responsible for the Raccoon Incident? I think they were just framing him as the perpetrator so they wouldn't get the full blame on what happened, making it seem like one rogue scientist was behind the screwup.

lol that's cold. "Let's just blame it on that weird queer guy who sounds like David Bowie." -Big Wig from Umbrella

And yes, they were just framing him. Then Morpheus broke into the Umbrella Paris facility, just like Claire had years earlier when looking for her brother. I guess what they say about the French is true. Voulez vouz dine avec moi? Wink

Pau Diaz wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Which led to Marcus´assassination as I recall. The Queen Leech is the one that brought him back and enabled Marcus to extract his revenge. The events of Resident Evil might not have happened the same way had that entity not been around to resurrect him.

I wasn't aware there was much of a rivalry. Marcus was a mentor figure to both William and Albert. And they didn't actually kill Marcus, they simply ruthlessly followed Spencer's orders. You can clearly see two Umbrella special force guys mowing him down with machine guns. But obviously it was Spencer's order to assassinate Marcus, he just didn't want to get his hands dirty.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:23 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I wasn't aware there was much of a rivalry. Marcus was a mentor figure to both William and Albert. And they didn't actually kill Marcus, they simply ruthlessly followed Spencer's orders. You can clearly see two Umbrella special force guys mowing him down with machine guns. But obviously it was Spencer's order to assassinate Marcus, he just didn't want to get his hands dirty.

Yet Birkin still went out of his way and taunted the dying Marcus, telling him about how he's going to take over his research and laughed. That doesn't seem like the most friendly way of saying "goodbye".
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:01 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yet Birkin still went out of his way and taunted the dying Marcus, telling him about how he's going to take over his research and laughed. That doesn't seem like the most friendly way of saying "goodbye".

Maybe it was an inside joke between James and William? You know, "Hey, I'm gonna take over your research!" "hahahahah!". I just didn't think there was a competitive relationship there. But there is no doubt that both Wesker and Birkin were remorseless at the sight of the dying James Marcus, tongue hangin' out and all. Wesker says "Time to die, doctor". The diary that talks about Scholar Will and Practical Al also states that there was something "ruthless and cruel" about them both. It's possibly a lil presumptuous to assume they had a rivalry.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Maybe it was an inside joke between James and William? You know, "Hey, I'm gonna take over your research!" "hahahahah!". I just didn't think there was a competitive relationship there. But there is no doubt that both Wesker and Birkin were remorseless at the sight of the dying James Marcus, tongue hangin' out and all. Wesker says "Time to die, doctor". The diary that talks about Scholar Will and Practical Al also states that there was something "ruthless and cruel" about them both. It's possibly a lil presumptuous to assume they had a rivalry.

If not a rivalry, at least they didn't seem to be on friendly terms.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

If not a rivalry, at least they didn't seem to be on friendly terms.

I dunno about that. In Marcus' Diary at one point he mentions how someone had been snooping through his belongings and that he considered having "William and Albert snoop out" the pests. So clearly he held them in high regard, and obviously trusted them. Other than Wesker and Birkin shaking in their boots during RE0, neither dude has really ever mentioned Marcus at all, and certainly nothing else has implied that there was any sort of competitive or unfriendly relationship among any of those 3 guys. I'm sure those fellas got along just fine, researching Progenitor and stuff, while that Brandon Bailey dude's life went to shit over in Africa. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:00 am

That scene from RE0 is still pointing to what I've been saying. No "friend" would gloat about their victory on your dying corpse, unless you have some really shitty friends. Marcus may not have viewed William as a threat but that only makes William's betrayal have more of an impact. Because that's what it was. A betrayal. Just like how Albert betrayed Spencer come RE5.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
That scene from RE0 is still pointing to what I've been saying. No "friend" would gloat about their victory on your dying corpse, unless you have some really shitty friends. Marcus may not have viewed William as a threat but that only makes William's betrayal have more of an impact.

A lot of people are fake and like to lie. Obviously William and Albert betrayed Marcus' trust, but that still doesn't imply any sort of rivalry other than between that of two of Umbrella's founders, James Marcus and Ozwell Spencer. Which is what I've been saying all along. Rolling Eyes 

Mass Distraction wrote:
Just like how Albert betrayed Spencer come RE5.

Well actually it's a little different. Albert had been betrayed and you could even say lied to, his whole life. It wasn't until RE5 that he found out the truth and then was finally free.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
That scene from RE0 is still pointing to what I've been saying. No "friend" would gloat about their victory on your dying corpse, unless you have some really shitty friends. Marcus may not have viewed William as a threat but that only makes William's betrayal have more of an impact.

A lot of people are fake and like to lie. Obviously William and Albert betrayed Marcus' trust, but that still doesn't imply any sort of rivalry other than between that of two of Umbrella's founders, James Marcus and Ozwell Spencer. Which is what I've been saying all along. Rolling Eyes 

But... I haven't even pursued the rivalry thing anymore. I said "if not rivalry" in my previous post, didn't I? All I'm saying here is that they were not by any means on friendly terms. At least not from William's side.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

But... I haven't even pursued the rivalry thing anymore. I said "if not rivalry" in my previous post, didn't I? All I'm saying here is that they were not by any means on friendly terms. At least not from William's side.

But..but..Shutup! JK come one Mass, I was just bustin' your...chops. We have to be extremely technical with someone since DampRevil isn't around.

Clearly Marcus and Birkin weren't really good friends. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Canon changes Be7
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 12:53 pm

How much of the Outbreak games were canon? I get the impression they were part of a stand alone series that was related to Resident Evil, but I am not sure how much of an impact the events of the games had on the overall narrative.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:59 pm

All of them are canon, though there is nothing terribly significant in them that is carried over to the main games.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:59 am

TheBatMan wrote:
All of them are canon, though there is nothing terribly significant in them that is carried over to the main games.

A pity. There were plenty of characters that could have made them interesting, if not a little more original.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canon changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon changes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next