HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE

Go down 
+11
charlieRE2
WyrmKing
PAULSAMSON
Spike991
00biohazard
Sargent D
Turo602
ChrisSherry
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Ghost Leader
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RE4 is definately not an action shooter to the core or anywhere. RE3 sure had plenty of action and so did CVX. CVX also implimented duel wielding and FPS view into the RE series.
Yes, RE3 and CVX had action, but it wasn't the central aspect of either game. And it was Survivor that introduced the FPS view to the series. not CVX. Even in first person, Survivor still maintained the RE feel.

Quote :
And the games are still RE.
Only superficially. It's a brand stamped on to make people buy, just like all the recent Tom Clancy books and games that Clancy isn't involved with anymore.

Quote :
I don't play FF, but I can appreciate the analogy.
That's what I've been trying to tell you guys, Capcom has taken RE and turned it into something it shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Yes, RE3 and CVX had action, but it wasn't the central aspect of either game. And it was Survivor that introduced the FPS view to the series. not CVX. Even in first person, Survivor still maintained the RE feel.

Yes they did, and so did RE4. RE4, CVX and RE3 all managed to not have action as their central aspect of the game. RE4 was not an action shooter. You can refuse to acknowledge the horror and survival that are certainly there, but it's still true.

Quote :
Only superficially. It's a brand stamped on to make people buy, just like all the recent Tom Clancy books and games that Clancy isn't involved with anymore.

To an extent that is true, but not including RE4.

Quote :
That's what I've been trying to tell you guys, Capcom has taken RE and turned it into something it shouldn't be.

It's started happening for sure, and has really started to die down it seems. I think you need to give it a few more months(Til RE6) and then come back and give a more objective analysis.

And what, you don't like Teen Titans?!
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

Playstation Network Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
You're trying to tell me my perspective is wrong, which is quite futile to attempt. You want proof? Just look at RE4 and RE5: They're action shooters, down to the core. Can that be said about RE1? No. What about RE3? quite clearly not. Is CVX an action shooter? No, it's survival horror.
No, they're not. They play like any other Resident Evil game. RE5 was the biggest departure of the series but it was still Resident Evil to a degree. Although not scary, it was very overwhelming. It was more survival terror then survival horror. I miss the old formula as much as the next guy, but I think RE4 did a really great job of being new and being Resident Evil still. I just wish Capcom would of expanded on that instead of going the route they did with 5. They just need to work on making the player more vulnerable and making the enemies more intimidating with more in your face scary moments with the mood fitting music to back it up. The series could use improvements to make it feel like the old we love so much, but it also needs to be new. I also don't mind the action. All I really want from the series now, is a perfect balance between the new and the old. But Resident Evil 4 and 5 are by no means shooters of any sort.

Quote :
You all damn the Anderson movies to hell for supposedly being so different from the games, but the games aren't even Resident Evil anymore. It's okay for Capcom to butcher the games, but when Anderson does it, OH MY GOD GET THE PITCHFORKS!

I don't. I enjoy the movies as a separate piece of entertainment. It's not like it's affecting the game I play.

Quote :
Imagine how all you Final Fantasy fans would feel if Square Enix made an FF14 or whatever that played like God of War. Maybe those individuals might actually see where I'm coming from.
I don't like Final Fantasy... Not my kind of game.

Quote :
And I hate Green Lantern. The whole DC Universe except for Batman blows.
Well that's your opinion, and I strongly disagree with it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Turo602 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
You're trying to tell me my perspective is wrong, which is quite futile to attempt. You want proof? Just look at RE4 and RE5: They're action shooters, down to the core. Can that be said about RE1? No. What about RE3? quite clearly not. Is CVX an action shooter? No, it's survival horror.
No, they're not. They play like any other Resident Evil game. RE5 was the biggest departure of the series but it was still Resident Evil to a degree. Although not scary, it was very overwhelming. It was more survival terror then survival horror. I miss the old formula as much as the next guy, but I think RE4 did a really great job of being new and being Resident Evil still. I just wish Capcom would of expanded on that instead of going the route they did with 5. They just need to work on making the player more vulnerable and making the enemies more intimidating with more in your face scary moments with the mood fitting music to back it up. The series could use improvements to make it feel like the old we love so much, but it also needs to be new. I also don't mind the action. All I really want from the series now, is a perfect balance between the new and the old. But Resident Evil 4 and 5 are by no means shooters of any sort.
Then explain to me what happened to all the brain-twisting puzzles? Remember the water purification puzzle in RE3? Even to this day I have yet to solve it without looking up the solution. How about the animal puzzle in RE0? That one had me stuck for days. What have they been replaced with? Things you have to shoot in order to pass a certain area. What happened to conserving what little ammo you had in case you ran into a Licker or Hunter? Now the games just encourage you to shoot and kill everything in sight.

If that's not a shooter, then Call of Duty is Uncharted.

Quote :
I don't. I enjoy the movies as a separate piece of entertainment. It's not like it's affecting the game I play.
On the contrary, they are affecting the game you play. The #1 reason the Anderson movies are condemned is because they "aren't like the games". The movies in the very first place were action-oriented instead of scary or suspenseful. Anderson takes an action approach and he gets fucking death wishes for it. Capcom does the exact same thing and they get praised up the wall for it. Well, I'm not going to adhere to that double standard. Capcom is turning the games into the movies, which I'm apparently "mad" for not being in total agreement with.

Quote :
I don't like Final Fantasy... Not my kind of game.
Then don't play it. But the analogy still stands.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Then explain to me what happened to all the brain-twisting puzzles? Remember the water purification puzzle in RE3? Even to this day I have yet to solve it without looking up the solution. How about the animal puzzle in RE0? That one had me stuck for days. What have they been replaced with? Things you have to shoot in order to pass a certain area. What happened to conserving what little ammo you had in case you ran into a Licker or Hunter? Now the games just encourage you to shoot and kill everything in sight.

If that's not a shooter, then Call of Duty is Uncharted.

They're still there. I know that one with the catseye in RE4 was a thinker.

I'll give you RE0, that animal puzzle was bogus.

And that RE3 water sample puzzle, definately a real thinker too.

And in RE5, that puzzle with the light reflection was sort of a thinker too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:37 am

Did someone diss House of the Dead and arcade games?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:08 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Did someone diss House of the Dead and arcade games?!
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 6401703g69
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:45 am

Can't see the pic D:
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Can't see the pic D:

Shit. Fail by me lol. Its showing for me but.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Can't see the pic D:

Like+1

Yeah same here.
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:16 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

And I hate Green Lantern. The whole DC Universe except for Batman blows.

at least they're not overrated like the Marvel universe. I bet you don't know jack about the DC Universe except with all the shitty Superfriends cartoon jokes you've heard about.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:52 am

hmmm i agree with ghost leader in reference to ORC but not 5 and 4. i very much thought they were survival horror. i read today that the developers of ORC hope to get GOW fans on board. it is going to be a very different title to what we have seen before and as sad as it is...i think Re is going to keep taking different directions to get more fans. much to the sadness of die hard RE fans but at the end of the day, they are a company that needs to make money.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:20 am

@WyrmKing: This is the first and last warning you will receive. Don't flame my members like you did again or you will be banned.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 am

DC universe is awesome. Marvel is overrated. Superman is the best superhero of all time, i dont care what any marvel iron man fanboys say.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:39 am

00biohazard wrote:
DC universe is awesome. Marvel is overrated. Superman is the best superhero of all time, i dont care what any marvel iron man fanboys say.
Yeah, the only Marvel "superhero" I like is The Punisher because he's badass. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:17 pm

I like both a lot. Spider Man is my favorite hero.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Seeing as this thread turned into Marvel vs DC, I have to say i like both too. Most of my favorites just happen to be on Marvel side. Mainly Deadpool and Spiderman.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Batman all the way.

I like most of the hero movies though. I heard they're remaking that Fantastic Four already? WTF.

I think that Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans were perfect as Thing and Human Torch. I hated that Evans was ALSO Captain America...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 am

Spike991 wrote:
Batman all the way.

I like most of the hero movies though. I heard they're remaking that Fantastic Four already? WTF.

I think that Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans were perfect as Thing and Human Torch. I hated that Evans was ALSO Captain America...

They're "rebooting" Spider Man as well.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Batman all the way.

At this point I don't think anybody else could really beat Tobey McGuire's Spiderman. From the first two films anway. Not emo, finger pointing, Topher Grace's Venom rival from S3.

Whose gonna play him?

And why? I mean it's been like a decade since Spiderman came out, not enough to warrant a remake or reboot of anything really...not movies at least.

I meant it was like 6 years after RE1 that it got a remake but still.

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 am

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Batman all the way.

At this point I don't think anybody else could really beat Tobey McGuire's Spiderman. From the first two films anway. Not emo, finger pointing, Topher Grace's Venom rival from S3.

Whose gonna play him?

And why? I mean it's been like a decade since Spiderman came out, not enough to warrant a remake or reboot of anything really...not movies at least.

I meant it was like 6 years after RE1 that it got a remake but still.

Can't remember the guy's name. It looks like it's going to be pretty excellent though. And it isn't a true reboot. At least from what I have heard, it is just going to be telling the stories from between McQuire's stories.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:26 am

What about Bale as Batman? Yay or Nay?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:55 am

He's fine with me.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:06 am

Bale was great as Batman. Far better than Clooney or Val Kilmer.

On another note I think Arnie was perfect for Mr. Freeze based on the script...oh those one liners.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:37 am

If Bale didnt use that voice he uses for Batman he would be perfect as Batman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next