HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE

Go down 
+11
charlieRE2
WyrmKing
PAULSAMSON
Spike991
00biohazard
Sargent D
Turo602
ChrisSherry
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Ghost Leader
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE Empty
PostSubject: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 pm

This franchise is no longer the survival horror gem I fell in love with, it's become nothing more than a Call of Duty clone where the entire objective is shoot, shoot, shoot. It no longer has puzzles, it no longer has any scares, it's gone from being a deep, suspense-driven experience to just another FPS for the casual crowd to blow through in an hour before returning it to Gamefly the next day. You can defend the new games all you want, you can tell me that the survival horror is "still there" but that I just have to "look deep" to find it, you can say whatever you want, I really could care much, much less. The fact here is that a game franchise I have loved for years is, for all intents and purposes, dead, and no amount of T-virus can resurrect it. You can all tell me you understand my position or whatever all you want, but honestly, I don't think any of you really can.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:20 am

I can see where your coming from but would you describe the latest main series game RE Revelations as action? It was defiently more survival horror than action. We all know ORC is going to be a shitty action shooter game to please the shooter freaks, but I would wait untill RE6 is released before you write off the series. You never know, you just might like it.......
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 am

ORC might be an action shooter but I for one am excited for it. It's too early to say it's shitty.

On the matter at hand, does this mean you're going to be leaving this site GL? Because I sure hope not :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ORC might be an action shooter but I for one am excited for it. It's too early to say it's shitty.

On the matter at hand, does this mean you're going to be leaving this site GL? Because I sure hope not :/

I had high hopes for it but after seeing the latest gameplay of running around a lab shooting other guys, my hopes have all but vanished. Still its an RE game so I may be slightly suprised. Heres hoping it wont be as bad as I think it will be.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I didn't think about that... I hope you don't leave either GL Sad
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

Playstation Network Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
This franchise is no longer the survival horror gem I fell in love with, it's become nothing more than a Call of Duty clone where the entire objective is shoot, shoot, shoot. It no longer has puzzles, it no longer has any scares, it's gone from being a deep, suspense-driven experience to just another FPS for the casual crowd to blow through in an hour before returning it to Gamefly the next day. You can defend the new games all you want, you can tell me that the survival horror is "still there" but that I just have to "look deep" to find it, you can say whatever you want, I really could care much, much less. The fact here is that a game franchise I have loved for years is, for all intents and purposes, dead, and no amount of T-virus can resurrect it. You can all tell me you understand my position or whatever all you want, but honestly, I don't think any of you really can.

Never ever compare Resident Evil's awesomeness with that poor excuse of a series. Until Capcom get's two different developers to work on yearly releases of Resident Evil. Until we start seeing a decline in the story. Until the gameplay starts getting reused and untouched. Until then...then we can say it's a Call of Duty clone.

Sure it's not the survival horror that we all fell in love with anymore, but it's still a great series. It's evolving and it's the most logical next step. Unless you want the series to go away from the characters that made the series great to begin with. As of now, we really can't tell if RE6 is going to be scary or not. For all we know, it could be the perfect hybrid of action and horror. Well, at least that's how Leon's gameplay seems to be. Chris' sections as far as we know, looks more like terror than horror. It's about being vulnerable and overwhelmed. And the Mercenary... Sure we see him shooting and using a gun like the others do, but...WTF!? It looks more like kick ass action more than anything. Still great as a game, just not Resident Evil material.

EDIT: I also hate reading articles about how Resident Evil is changing and then seeing the name "Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City" thrown in there as an example. IT'S A SPINOFF GAME! Not part of the main series...
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Well I wouldn't go as far to call it a CoD clone, but yeah RE really sold out for the new generation of gamers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

That.

Im still getting RE6 though. Im like an abused wife. i keep getting hurt and disappointed, but i still think he can change.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

That is so far from what the series has turned into.

It's definately not a love letter, but it's also not "still a great series", it's evolution makes perfect sense.

RER is such a darn good example punk, but you will be missing out on that one it seems. Which is a shame, cuz I know you'd love it.

You don't have to look deep to see the horror still in the games. CVX, RE4, and maybe even RE5.

RE5 has spots...maybe not too many in the horror or puzzle department, but still...moving on, RER, that one's got horror, survival, and the evolutionary OTS camera. It works like a dream. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:43 am

weskersbarber wrote:
I can see where your coming from but would you describe the latest main series game RE Revelations as action? It was defiently more survival horror than action. We all know ORC is going to be a shitty action shooter game to please the shooter freaks, but I would wait untill RE6 is released before you write off the series. You never know, you just might like it.......
Highly unlikely that it's going to be any different from RE5.

Turo602 wrote:
Never ever compare Resident Evil's awesomeness with that poor excuse of a series. Until Capcom get's two different developers to work on yearly releases of Resident Evil. Until we start seeing a decline in the story. Until the gameplay starts getting reused and untouched. Until then...then we can say it's a Call of Duty clone.
The gameplay of the two games is almost identical. Run then shoot, run then shoot, run then shoot, rinse and repeat.

Quote :
Sure it's not the survival horror that we all fell in love with anymore, but it's still a great series. It's evolving and it's the most logical next step. Unless you want the series to go away from the characters that made the series great to begin with. As of now, we really can't tell if RE6 is going to be scary or not. For all we know, it could be the perfect hybrid of action and horror. Well, at least that's how Leon's gameplay seems to be. Chris' sections as far as we know, looks more like terror than horror. It's about being vulnerable and overwhelmed. And the Mercenary... Sure we see him shooting and using a gun like the others do, but...WTF!? It looks more like kick ass action more than anything. Still great as a game, just not Resident Evil material.
I played Resident Evil because it was Resident Evil, not because I wanted it to be Call of Duty: Zombie Warfare. If I wanted that, I'd play House of the Dead or something.

Spike991 wrote:
That is so far from what the series has turned into.
No, it's exactly what the series has turned into.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
The gameplay of the two games is almost identical. Run then shoot, run then shoot, run then shoot, rinse and repeat.
No, they're not. Just because the objective is the "same", doesn't mean they play out the same. First off, they are different genres with very different controls and level design. If you're going to compare it to anything, compare it to Gears of War. But even then, Resident Evil 4 came first.

Quote :
I played Resident Evil because it was Resident Evil, not because I wanted it to be Call of Duty: Zombie Warfare. If I wanted that, I'd play House of the Dead or something.
House of the Dead is a poor excuse of a zombie game... Other than that, you are seeing things very black and white.

Last edited by Turo602 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Turo602 wrote:
House of the Dead is a poor excuse of a zombie game...
...Because it is an arcade game. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

That is the most ridiculous summary of RE5(?) that I have ever heard. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Turo602 wrote:
No, they're not. Just because the objective is the "same", doesn't mean they play out the same. First off, they are different genres with very different controls and level design. If you're going to compare it to anything, compare it to Gears of War. But even then, Resident Evil 4 came first.
I don't care what you think I should compare it to or whether RE4 came before Gears of War or not, there's absolutely no difference between CoD and today's RE. Argue it all you want, but you're talking to the walls of Troy.

Quote :
House of the Dead is a poor excuse of a zombie game... Other than that, you are seeing things very black and white.
I'm seeing everything quite clearly, actually.

Spike991 wrote:
That is the most ridiculous summary of RE5(?) that I have ever heard. Exclamation
...yet it's as true as you are reading my words.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Turo602 wrote:
I don't care what you think I should compare it to or whether RE4 came before Gears of War or not, there's absolutely no difference between CoD and today's RE. Argue it all you want, but you're talking to the walls of Troy.

Quote :
I'm seeing everything quite clearly, actually.

Spike991 wrote:

All I have to say, is that your argument is invalid. You can't just say things like "I'm right" or "it's true" without backing it up. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. And also, your caring is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
it's become nothing more than a Call of Duty clone where the entire objective is shoot, shoot, shoot.

[hipster mode on] I've said that a lot of times about ORC and all I got in return were insults
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

No it isn't. I mean I'm going to assume that you aren't talking about RE4, because that would be absurd.

RE5 on the other hand, still doesn't really fit that.

That's such a drastic exaggeration that it's not even worth entertaining the idea. confused
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Precisely as I said at the beginning of page 1, none of you can understand.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

Im gonna have to go with GL on this one. We shouldnt have to be searching for the horror and that X factor in the games. It should just be there. and its not.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:05 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Im gonna have to go with GL on this one. We shouldnt have to be searching for the horror and that X factor in the games. It should just be there. and its not.

We shouldn't and don't.

@GL, we can't understand because it's madness.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Spike991 wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

We shouldn't and don't.

Exactly. It's like me saying "Halo is turning into Mario...You guys will never understand". Back it up, saying that we will "never understand" and not have a real argument as to why doesn't help your case. We understand it's no longer a scary series, at least RE5. But Revelations went back to the roots of the series and mixed it in with the new, to give us a great experience. And RE6 is still questionable at the moment. Leon's sections might be a best for long time fans like us. It has zombies, a dark atmosphere, and who knows what else. But that might not be enough for us. I myself would of preferred zombies and darkness the whole way through. Leon's sections are a great example of what the series could be (assuming it's scary and not just all out action). We understand just fine, we just disagree with your comparison of Resident Evil to Call of Duty. They are very different Green Lantern *COUGH* I mean Ghost Leader.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Turo602 wrote:
Revelations went back to the roots of the series and mixed it in with the new, to give us a great experience.

I completely agree with that. The only problem is that it's on the 3DS, I mean it's a secret that no one is gonna really know about.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Turo602 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

We shouldn't and don't.

Exactly. It's like me saying "Halo is turning into Mario...You guys will never understand". Back it up, saying that we will "never understand" and not have a real argument as to why doesn't help your case. We understand it's no longer a scary series, at least RE5. But Revelations went back to the roots of the series and mixed it in with the new, to give us a great experience. And RE6 is still questionable at the moment. Leon's sections might be a best for long time fans like us. It has zombies, a dark atmosphere, and who knows what else. But that might not be enough for us. I myself would of preferred zombies and darkness the whole way through. Leon's sections are a great example of what the series could be (assuming it's scary and not just all out action). We understand just fine, we just disagree with your comparison of Resident Evil to Call of Duty. They are very different Green Lantern *COUGH* I mean Ghost Leader.
You're trying to tell me my perspective is wrong, which is quite futile to attempt. You want proof? Just look at RE4 and RE5: They're action shooters, down to the core. Can that be said about RE1? No. What about RE3? quite clearly not. Is CVX an action shooter? No, it's survival horror.

You all damn the Anderson movies to hell for supposedly being so different from the games, but the games aren't even Resident Evil anymore. It's okay for Capcom to butcher the games, but when Anderson does it, OH MY GOD GET THE PITCHFORKS!

Imagine how all you Final Fantasy fans would feel if Square Enix made an FF14 or whatever that played like God of War. Maybe those individuals might actually see where I'm coming from.

And I hate Green Lantern. The whole DC Universe except for Batman blows.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
You're trying to tell me my perspective is wrong, which is quite futile to attempt. You want proof? Just look at RE4 and RE5: They're action shooters, down to the core. Can that be said about RE1? No. What about RE3? quite clearly not. Is CVX an action shooter? No, it's survival horror.

RE4 is definately not an action shooter to the core or anywhere. RE3 sure had plenty of action and so did CVX. CVX also implimented duel wielding and FPS view into the RE series.

Quote :
You all damn the Anderson movies to hell for supposedly being so different from the games, but the games aren't even Resident Evil anymore. It's okay for Capcom to butcher the games, but when Anderson does it, OH MY GOD GET THE PITCHFORKS!

I don't. And the games are still RE.

Quote :
Imagine how all you Final Fantasy fans would feel if Square Enix made an FF14 or whatever that played like God of War. Maybe those individuals might actually see where I'm coming from.

I don't play FF, but I can appreciate the analogy.

Quote :

But what about Teen Titans?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Turo602 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

We shouldn't and don't.

Superman?Deathstroke? THE NEW GODS???how could you say DC blows??how??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE   Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning to get disenfranchised with RE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next