HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Should Alice get her superpowers back?

Go down 
+15
RebelliousQueen
leonskennedy232
undeaddragoness82
Sargent D
Methsia
NiteKrawler
Spike991
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
ChickenHeart
Ghost Leader
00biohazard
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
Vandal
Nerwen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
His original introduction in the handbook even states he was a "cool guy".
Not to mention he wears sunglasses at night. You can't get any cooler than that.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Maybe the same reason Jill only started acting like an ex-Delta after that same decade? Rolling Eyes It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that Wesker had previous training in hand to hand combat.

You can try to come up with some logical excuse, but at the end of the day, it's just an excuse for why he's like that at this point, an excuse.

@Nite, Okay I was using the word "nerd" loosley, but definately more of a thinker, cunning, malevolent.

Not really a fighter, would hold someone at gun point and gun punch them in the face, over any hand to hand action.

And it's been awhile since I've been to a police station, but I don't recal ever seeing a gymnast bar or anything like that. You know, Jackie Chan in there teaching everyone how to become The One.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Maybe the same reason Jill only started acting like an ex-Delta after that same decade? Rolling Eyes It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that Wesker had previous training in hand to hand combat.

You can try to come up with some logical excuse, but at the end of the day, it's just an excuse for why he's like that at this point, an excuse.

@Nite, Okay I was using the word "nerd" loosley, but definately more of a thinker, cunning, malevolent.

Not really a fighter, would hold someone at gun point and gun punch them in the face, over any hand to hand action.

And it's been awhile since I've been to a police station, but I don't recal ever seeing a gymnast bar or anything like that. You know, Jackie Chan in there teaching everyone how to become The One.

Gymnasts make great The Ones.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

So we're supposed to believe that Wesker is an epic super spy who wears sunglasses at night... yet never knew a lick about combat?

Yeah, that's real logical right there... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:52 pm

I don't even see a need to argue whether Wesker had had any combat training or not. Obviously he had. I just don't see the point of saying he hasn't. Maybe he just didn't show all his moves in CVX.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
So we're supposed to believe that Wesker is an epic super spy who wears sunglasses at night... yet never knew a lick about combat?

Yes. What we saw in RE5 was not combat training at it's peek, it was ridiculous "MATRIX" looking moves. You don't learn those. You don't learn how to crawl on ceilings and do weird break-dance fighting all of a sudden.

He didn't know how to do all that stuff before, it was planted on his character, spontaneously with RE5. There was no reason other than Capcom wanted to do that and didn't think anybody would dissagree with it, but this guys does.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Yes. What we saw in RE5 was not combat training at it's peek, it was ridiculous "MATRIX" looking moves. You don't learn those. You don't learn how to crawl on ceilings and do weird break-dance fighting all of a sudden.

He didn't know how to do all that stuff before, it was planted on his character, spontaneously with RE5. There was no reason other than Capcom wanted to do that and didn't think anybody would dissagree with it, but this guys does.
When did I defend him crawling on the ceiling? My beef here is your inference that he's supposed to be physically incapable of hand to hand combat.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

When did I defend him crawling on the ceiling? My beef here is your inference that he's supposed to be physically incapable of hand to hand combat.

Indeed I did use, "Hand to hand comabat", but I'm talking particularly about his Matrix, breakdancing, ridiculous moves.

There's a difference between that swuff we see him doing in RE5, out of the blue, and the stuff that someone like him was more than likely capable of.

I mean, look at Chris or Leon, they don't do that type of stuff, and realistically either of them was surely more physically capable than Wesker.

He wasn't like that back then, and it wasn't because he was just holding back and biding his time to whip those moves out in RE5 either.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I mean, look at Chris or Leon, they don't do that type of stuff, and realistically either of them was surely more physically capable than Wesker.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 pm

^^That.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Not to mention Jill was pulling off some pretty snazzy "Matrix" moves in RE5, as well. Wink

And Chris punched a boulder. geek
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Haha, very funny.

Ok, forget Leon, but Chris cannot do that stuff. Punching boulders? He had some massive guns, what can I say...

But that's not the point, the point is that Wesker shouldn't have been doing those things in RE5, it just didn't make sense, and most people ate it right up. They see the all black leather tranchcoat and dark glasses and barrol rolls and sommersaults in mid air to dodge bullets, they were wettin' their pants.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 pm

I must bump in again with the fact that Wesker ran on walls and did that super jump in Code Veronica too. It wasn't unheard of, it was just more on screen.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I must bump in again with the fact that Wesker ran on walls and did that super jump in Code Veronica too. It wasn't unheard of, it was just more on screen.

There's nothing wrong with a super jump, which wasn't even super, it was pretty basic. And yes he did run on one wall, and fell on his ass covered in fire. And really, that's it though. But what's a super jump? That is simply because of the enhanced muscles in his legs, easy.

Walking on the wall, a little different than the overthetop ridiculous stuff he demonstrated in RE5.

BTW, he did the wall run and "super jump" in CVX only. He had far less action in Code Veronica. The scene which the super jump didn't happen and the wall running is also non existent.

He had actually got pimp slapped and literally did a backflip onto his face. Then ran outta the room...

But anyway, there's a difference between his abilities seen by CVX versus what we see in RE5, a big difference that doesn't make any logical sense.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Call ahead and call his jump at the Russian facility "basic." I dare you. And he never crawled on ceilings. He attached himself to one ceiling for a split second. I assume his fingers went through the relatively soft metal of the jet. That is his super strength coming into play. And his speed? Also just enhanced physical strength and other attributes. Clark Kent's super speed (which match that of Wesker's) is attributed to his leg strength. What's the problem?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:58 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Call ahead and call his jump at the Russian facility "basic." I dare you. And he never crawled on ceilings. He attached himself to one ceiling for a split second. I assume his fingers went through the relatively soft metal of the jet. That is his super strength coming into play. And his speed? Also just enhanced physical strength and other attributes. Clark Kent's super speed (which match that of Wesker's) is attributed to his leg strength. What's the problem?

You and your insolence.

Ok, stop trying to make excuses for Capcom, they don't pay you enough to do that.

And he went all Spider-man up on that ceiling, it was ridonkulous.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Haha, very funny.

Ok, forget Leon, but Chris cannot do that stuff. Punching boulders? He had some massive guns, what can I say...

But that's not the point, the point is that Wesker shouldn't have been doing those things in RE5, it just didn't make sense, and most people ate it right up. They see the all black leather tranchcoat and dark glasses and barrol rolls and sommersaults in mid air to dodge bullets, they were wettin' their pants.

It was fucking badass!!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

You and your insolence.

Ok, stop trying to make excuses for Capcom, they don't pay you enough to do that.

Your feeble attempts to counter argue are all one big cat-astrophe.

Sorry, I couldn't pass that opportunity up. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

You and your insolence.

GL, just give up, resistance is futile.

Last edited by Spike991 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 am

Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 15017245
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

You and your insolence.

Quote fail. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

You and your insolence.

Quote fail. Laughing

Looks fine to me?

If anything it's your fault GL, for making such a bigass gap between your big pangea of a post, and that final sentence.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

You and your insolence.

Quote fail. Laughing

Looks fine to me?

If anything it's your fault GL, for making such a bigass gap between your big pangea of a post, and that final sentence.
Only because you edited our posts, you shady administrator you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

You and your insolence.

Quote fail. Laughing

Looks fine to me?

Only because you edited our posts, you shady administrator you. Laughing

Where's your proof? That's what I thought, no witnesses!
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:45 pm

I don't think I threw my 2 cents in this thread yet but I think it's ridiculous that she even had super powers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Alice get her superpowers back?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next