HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Whats the last game you got?

Go down 
+64
wazthatme
Pau Diaz
Outbreakgirl
leonskennedy232
Sundown31
Patrick Wesker
halestride
NiteKrawler
SuperMasterGamer
hunter destroyer
sirjibbs323
Known_Hero
Ssplain
Mcghie
valereth
Wesker's Fanboy
ZombieGirl
Limey
Cyberization
seldin
AWDCP
SWITCHMYND
DivideByZero
Ghost Leader
ThomVD
Xannidel
PWNERX
MSR
Valentine Fan
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Lightning Count
GTMippey
Industrial Ridden
RebelliousQueen
RaviorStygian
DonREfan
will1234562
Incompetent Barry
Trichos
Teh Black Cat
Albert Wes
37 Narwhals
JamTyrantH
ChrisSherry
Nobudy
S.Winters
frodomir
chrisredfield84
Methsia
Vandal
00biohazard
Lady Yuna
ZombiePrincess
Godzilla90s
The mastAH!
chocotricks
ChickenHeart
weskersbarber
PAULSAMSON
Spike991
Bub537
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
Sithis Malkira
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:29 am

Yea I played it some tonight. Absolutely nothing wrong with he controls. I am loving the game so far, can't believe I have never played through this version of it.

Last edited by Ssplain on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : iPod fail)
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network fsmetal
Steam : fs_metal

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The controls aren't any different compared to RE2 and 3, at least not in my experience. Who on earth says they're awful?
The controls in 2, 3 and Code Veronica suck, too. The controls in pretty much every survival horror game before RE4 suck
Back to top Go down
http://www.digital-delirium.com
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 pm

I actually enjoy the older controls with the D-pad. When it come to using the joystick, I am awful with the older controls.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:11 pm

I am aweful with them either way. They are so freaking sluggish. I feel like I am fighting the controls when I play the game
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:40 pm

valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The controls aren't any different compared to RE2 and 3, at least not in my experience. Who on earth says they're awful?
The controls in 2, 3 and Code Veronica suck, too. The controls in pretty much every survival horror game before RE4 suck
You realize RE4 has the same tank controls as 2, 3, and CVX, right?
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
No it isn't. It feels so much smoother and not sluggish at all
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 7:04 am

valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
It does have the same controls. The only reason it feels smoother is because the camera isn't constantly switching angles.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 am

valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
It depends. I don't think controls suck as long as I'm not having any problems with them myself. Only controls that make a game unplayable suck in my opinion.

Resident Evil Missions.

Fuck that shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Vandal wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
It does have the same controls. The only reason it feels smoother is because the camera isn't constantly switching angles.
No it doesn't. Having the same controls would not work with the new camera in that game.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:12 pm

valereth wrote:
Vandal wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
No it doesn't. Having the same controls would not work with the new camera in that game.
Trust me, they have the same controls. Pick up a copy of RE4 sometime and play the game again.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:20 pm

[quote="Vandal"]
valereth wrote:
Vandal wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Trust me. No they don't. Navigating Leon and getting him to actually go where you want instead of getting stuck in the wall while you are trying to run away from something is so much easier and better in RE4.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 7:45 pm

valereth wrote:

Trust me. No they don't. Navigating Leon and getting him to actually go where you want instead of getting stuck in the wall while you are trying to run away from something is so much easier and better in RE4.

Actually Vandal does have a point.
It's all about perspectives and the control scheme.
If a camera perspective changes then the input value is going to change accordingly to match that of the new value or in this case camera perspective.
Focal length and field of vision play a big role in the feeling of motion as well.
The more narrow the vision field the more motion feels more fluid, however this is just a trick of the eye.
Dynamic camera angles move with the player so this also give the impression and feeling of more natural movement and thus encouraging our minds to think it looks and feels more natural.
I do agree with you that the controls are a little smoother but they are virtually the same as Resident Evil 2's controls.
The FPS and updated hardware that renders faster really makes a difference.
If you play RE2 on the PC and then RE4 you feel that there is not that big a difference in terms of smoothness.
It's all to do with visual perspectives and of coarse a higher rendering rate.  

Oh P.S - Another perfect example of what I've just spoken about is the mod patch for RE4 on the PC that reverts the game to the older camera perspectives.
Play that and you will see all that what I've spoken come into action.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 pm

I landed Resident Evil Outbreak and RE4 tonight on eBay. Payed $10.87 for both, and that is after shipping. They are listed in excellent condition and are complete with cover art and manual.

I have owned and beaten both previously. I also learned my lesson about loaning games to friends Crying or Very sad  . I am trying to get a good collection going now and I couldn't pass that price up! Now only if I could find a Resident Evil Gaiden complete for less than a couple hundred bucks...
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:09 pm

valereth wrote:
Vandal wrote:
valereth wrote:
Vandal wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Movement in RE4 is the same thing as previous games.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I landed Resident Evil Outbreak and RE4 tonight on eBay. Payed $10.87 for both, and that is after shipping. They are listed in excellent condition and are complete with cover art and manual.

I have owned and beaten both previously. I also learned my lesson about loaning games to friends Crying or Very sad  . I am trying to get a good collection going now and I couldn't pass that price up! Now only if I could find a Resident Evil Gaiden complete for less than a couple hundred bucks...

Nice buy matey !
Complete with manual and cover art and in decent condition is hard to find these days, especially for a price such as this.
You should try Ebay.co.uk or European sites, sometimes importing and finding a seller can cost you less.
You never know until you've had a look.
I got a Japanese copy of Ghost in the shell of the PS1 imported from an American seller about three years ago for around £20 which was a steal considering that even
the English copy of the game is very rare to find, never mind the Japanese original port.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

Nice buy matey !
Complete with manual and cover art and in decent condition is hard to find these days, especially for a price such as this.
You should try Ebay.co.uk or European sites, sometimes importing and finding a seller can cost you less.
You never know until you've had a look.
I got a Japanese copy of Ghost in the shell of the PS1 imported from an American seller about three years ago for around £20 which was a steal considering that even
the English copy of the game is very rare to find, never mind the Japanese original port.

That is a good idea, I will have to check out those sites for sure, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Ssplain wrote:

No problem.
It just dawned on me that importing now a days can be cheaper sometimes and also
in this day and age there is all kinds of hacking software or swap disk or reqion free mods
for consoles so you can play games of the past on the consoles.
Back years ago importing was costly and also you never had the technology or resources in order to play games or ports from different regions.
The happiest day (in the PS2 era) was when I bought a action replay disk out a game store when I purchasing a game and realising
that it had a region unblocker on it.
It was only temperamental and you had to put the action replay disk in and then insert your imported game, but it was the best thing I ever came across.
That's why I love the PS3 because I can play all the Japanese only releases without the fear of them not working on a PAL console.
This is also partly the reason I loved the Dreamcast because the first PAL versions when the console came out could play burned games without chipping or modding.
You could literally compress a ISO onto even a CD-RW and just pop it in and play.
This was also a good feature to have because the amount of amazing Japanese only titles that where released for the DC was outstanding.
They even had a Resident Evil 2 side scrolling, punch-em-up title that was like streets of rage.
I'm pretty sure that was mod made by a small modding team but it was still great to play.

Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

No problem.
It just dawned on me that importing now a days can be cheaper sometimes and also
in this day and age there is all kinds of hacking software or swap disk or reqion free mods
for consoles so you can play games of the past on the consoles.
Back years ago importing was costly and also you never had the technology or resources in order to play games or ports from different regions.
The happiest day (in the PS2 era) was when I bought a action replay disk out a game store when I purchasing a game and realising
that it had a region unblocker on it.
It was only temperamental and you had to put the action replay disk in and then insert your imported game, but it was the best thing I ever came across.
That's why I love the PS3 because I can play all the Japanese only releases without the fear of them not working on a PAL console.
This is also partly the reason I loved the Dreamcast because the first PAL versions when the console came out could play burned games without chipping or modding.
You could literally compress a ISO onto even a CD-RW and just pop it in and play.
This was also a good feature to have because the amount of amazing Japanese only titles that where released for the DC was outstanding.
They even had a Resident Evil 2 side scrolling, punch-em-up title that was like streets of rage.
I'm pretty sure that was mod made by a small modding team but it was still great to play.

This is so true; we are very spoiled these days. I actually may end up playing Resident Evil Gaiden on an emulator if I can find it. I don't think it would be to hard too. Although I still want to have a physical copy of the game for the collection's sake Smile 
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Ssplain wrote:

This is so true; we are very spoiled these days. I actually may end up playing Resident Evil Gaiden on an emulator if I can find it. I don't think it would be to hard too. Although I still want to have a physical copy of the game for the collection's sake Smile 

Yeah totally.
Emulators are good for quick fixes for gaming when you don't own a certain game anymore, but nothing will beat the joy of having the physical in your collection IMO.
I might be oldskool that way but I love having a physical collection of games, sort of merit and right of passage for hardcore gamers.
Shame that today's young gamers and social trends are swaying towards digital only and thus eventually making hard copies extinct Sad.
I wish that this reality will never come to be but it seems like it's imminent, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Mcghie wrote:
valereth wrote:

Actually Vandal does have a point.
It's all about perspectives and the control scheme.
If a camera perspective changes then the input value is going to change accordingly to match that of the new value or in this case camera perspective.
Focal length and field of vision play a big role in the feeling of motion as well.
The more narrow the vision field the more motion feels more fluid, however this is just a trick of the eye.
Dynamic camera angles move with the player so this also give the impression and feeling of more natural movement and thus encouraging our minds to think it looks and feels more natural.
I do agree with you that the controls are a little smoother but they are virtually the same as Resident Evil 2's controls.
The FPS and updated hardware that renders faster really makes a difference.
If you play RE2 on the PC and then RE4 you feel that there is not that big a difference in terms of smoothness.
It's all to do with visual perspectives and of coarse a higher rendering rate.  

Oh P.S - Another perfect example of what I've just spoken about is the mod patch for RE4 on the PC that reverts the game to the older camera perspectives.
Play that and you will see all that what I've spoken come into action.
If by "virtually the same" you mean "much better in every single way"
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:27 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
valereth wrote:
Vandal wrote:
valereth wrote:
Vandal wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Movement in RE4 is the same thing as previous games.
Except that it is nothing like movement in the previous games
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 pm

valereth wrote:

I take it by the tone of your reply that you completely disregarded my previous comment explaining the effects of perspectives in regards to game
design.
Nevermind my comment still stands as it is.
If you understood fully all that was said then your once perceived ideas of the two games would have changed or gave you a little insight.
I will still tell you to go and install the RE4 mod that converts the game to the "oldskool" way of static camera perspectives and then form your opinion.
However if you don't then I will at least ask you to take in all the information I have given as I do not sit day in and day out learning about this stuff in my coarse work.
Whether that be from a game design, photography (it ties in with the coarse but still a great area to learn about) or digital media and 3D design and engineering perspective.
It doesn't matter as it is all valid in correlation with focal and imagery perspective.  

Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Mcghie wrote:
valereth wrote:

I take it by the tone of your reply that you completely disregarded my previous comment explaining the effects of perspectives in regards to game
design.
Nevermind my comment still stands as it is.
If you understood fully all that was said then your once perceived ideas of the two games would have changed or gave you a little insight.
I will still tell you to go and install the RE4 mod that converts the game to the "oldskool" way of static camera perspectives and then form your opinion.
However if you don't then I will at least ask you to take in all the information I have given as I do not sit day in and day out learning about this stuff in my coarse work.
Whether that be from a game design, photography (it ties in with the coarse but still a great area to learn about) or digital media and 3D design and engineering perspective.
It doesn't matter as it is all valid in correlation with focal and imagery perspective.  

I do not have the PC version of RE4. Gamecube and PS2. Those are the versions that I have. The controls are definitely much improved. The fact the Leon actually moves where you point the thumb stick, alone, is proof of that.,
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:29 pm

valereth wrote:

I do not have the PC version of RE4. Gamecube and PS2. Those are the versions that I have. The controls are definitely much improved. The fact the Leon actually moves where you point the thumb stick, alone, is proof of that.,

Well you wont know the difference then.
As far as I know Resident Evil 2 is programmed the same as every other video game.
Once an input is registered the code will execute that specific command and give the result in which it was designed to give.
I will yet again refer you to my previous post in which I explain simply how the camera perspectives effect the control scheme and feel to the character physics.
I will now explain it again in a little more detail.
right lets say for instance the static camera is positioned pointing up a corridor and your character is running down that corridor towards the camera, the input in which to run in that direction would be the "down arrow key/analogue", now lets say the corridor turns to the left and the next camera position is down at the bottom of the next part of the corridor then turning that corner you would then press and hold the "left arrow button(left analogue)" in order to turn that corner to continue down the next part.
Now at that exact point of the camera position changing to the next scene it would then switch up the perspective and then the code would follow it's usual pattern in which you would have to then press and hold the "down arrow key/analogue".
This is what tripped people up in older RE titles and made the controls feel awkward because there was maybe 3 or more different camera positions in one area boundary.
You see it was nothing to do wit the control scheme being "sluggish" or "less smooth", it was all to do with the camera angles executing different perspectives and thus constantly tripping up the input commands for the controller.
You don't get that problem with RE4 as the camera fluidly follows behind the character and like I pointed out in my earlier comment this also gives the apparent feeling of smoother motion as the player is basically following the characters every move and angle.  

P.S - Trust me if you where to get PC copy of RE4 and download the mod you would most definitely see there is no difference.
The only difference would be that little extra smoothness you get from the FPS rendering but that's all really.
Apart from that the character movements still feel as if it where RE2.
Bare in mind that it's next to impossible to play the full of RE4 in this mod as you've not got the lock on aiming system that the older games had.
It's more of a what if RE4 had static camera angles and in this case gives an accurate comparison to the debate at hand.        
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 7:31 am

@Valereth: Trust me, Mcghie knows what he is talking about. It is as he says.

Mcghie wrote:

I had that on my computer and I was planning on burning it onto a disc to play it on my Dreamcast. Trust me, it's not that good. At all.

I'll still burn the disc when I get my computer back. It might've been slow and boring but at least it's not Missions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the last game you got?
Page 12 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next