Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

what the fuk capcom

Go down 
+8
Sargent D
Spike991
Known_Hero
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
HUNK420
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

what the fuk capcom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Everyone knew pretty much what RE5 was going to be like. If you bought it knowing it was your style of gameplay then you wasted your money. Capcom isn't stupid, RE4 sold amazingly well so ofcourse the next game was going to be pretty much the same style. They also knew fans who weren't very fond of RE4 were still going to buy because it had Resident Evil on the package. You can't go wrong with "fan loyalty". I mean look at the movies, every time one is released everyone bitches about them. Yet they do good at the box office. Sure there are fans of the films but many people go because it has the name slapped on to it. Whether you're going because you genuinely like or because "I want to see how shitty it'll be" you're still going because it has Resident Evil in the title.
Back to top Go down
HUNK420
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
HUNK420

Playstation Network cynical420

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am

hahaha yeah i was mad ive been replaying RE5 on pro and not doing so well and of course im gonna bye orc and 6 i just wish it was an option to be solo or multiplayer even when i play online with someone random they die 2much too....... some good news tho supposedly in ORC ucan continue playing on after ur team members die and they respawn i like this idea..... and ur fuckin right im lookin for attention i am a REfan and if u havnt noticed all fans of RE r this way with all dif opinions of what weve been hoping for RE for all these years if u dont feel that strongly about RE than ur not a RE or Survival horror fan
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:12 am

To me, it's like this: I am a gamer and I like to play games. Survival horror, FPS, TPS, Action, Adventure, RPG, MMO, etc. I don't care, as long as the game is good. RE1-CVX are third person survival horror (though I use the term "horror" loosely) and RE4 and 5 are third person and more along the lines of action. I like them all. Because they are good. In all reality, I would say that Mario and Zelda games have changed more then RE games. Go bitch about that. Please.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:47 am

HUNK420 wrote:
hahaha yeah i was mad ive been replaying RE5 on pro and not doing so well and of course im gonna bye orc and 6 i just wish it was an option to be solo or multiplayer even when i play online with someone random they die 2much too....... some good news tho supposedly in ORC ucan continue playing on after ur team members die and they respawn i like this idea..... and ur fuckin right im lookin for attention i am a REfan and if u havnt noticed all fans of RE r this way with all dif opinions of what weve been hoping for RE for all these years if u dont feel that strongly about RE than ur not a RE or Survival horror fan

Dear god, I have no idea what you're trying to say or who you're addressing to. Grammar, good sir! Grammar!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 am

Mercy wrote:
HUNK420 wrote:

Dear god, I have no idea what you're trying to say or who you're addressing to. Grammar, good sir! Grammar!
what the fuk capcom - Page 2 49398927132220949_wuo9tPVa_c
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
To me, it's like this: I am a gamer and I like to play games. Survival horror, FPS, TPS, Action, Adventure, RPG, MMO, etc. I don't care, as long as the game is good. RE1-CVX are third person survival horror (though I use the term "horror" loosely) and RE4 and 5 are third person and more along the lines of action. I like them all. Because they are good. In all reality, I would say that Mario and Zelda games have changed more then RE games. Go bitch about that. Please.

Don't you talk about Mario like that Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Hey ghostleader, when I said not to share ammo I meant not to have the same weapon load out as your partner. For example, I usually carry handgun, shotgun and magnum and give the parnter the machine gun and sniper rifle. This way, all the ammo you pick up can go to one person. Put your partner in attack mode and watch them clean out the room Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:55 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
RE4 and 5 are third person and more along the lines of action. I like them all. Because they are good.

Those two don't need to be packed together like that. They are more similar than other games in the series, but still, there's a big difference in the amount of actual survival and horror in RE4 versus RE5.

And really, the only real complaint I have about RE4, is that the enemies drop ammo when you kill them, that's all.

@Hero, there are definately ways to make the best that you can with the AI, but it's still a bitch. I mean for the longest time, I kept getting grabbed by those damned grab happy Majini, and I was so irritated with how Sheva took her damn time to kick them off, when she was right next to me, then I realized I had to press the button. And yes, thte weapon choice can help, make sure she's in attack mode, etc, but there really doesn't need to be AI at all. And we certainly shouldn't have to rely on them so much.

In RER, while I'm not finished yet, does have an AI partner with you a bunch, but it's reminiscent of Outbreak. You can pretty much just ignore them. I like it.

BTW, I've noticed no zombies in RER thus far...and I think I'm nearing the end of the game. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Hey ghostleader, when I said not to share ammo I meant not to have the same weapon load out as your partner. For example, I usually carry handgun, shotgun and magnum and give the parnter the machine gun and sniper rifle. This way, all the ammo you pick up can go to one person. Put your partner in attack mode and watch them clean out the room Very Happy
Again, regardless of how much you want to think so, that doesn't make it a solo run. No offense intended, but your attempts to convince me otherwise is really beginning to feel like an insult to my intelligence here. Neutral

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
RE4 and 5 are third person and more along the lines of action. I like them all. Because they are good.

Those two don't need to be packed together like that. They are more similar than other games in the series, but still, there's a big difference in the amount of actual survival and horror in RE4 versus RE5.

And really, the only real complaint I have about RE4, is that the enemies drop ammo when you kill them, that's all.

Yes. I'm fully aware of your incessant need to defend RE4 to death. I didn't say anything bad about it. Yes, I was perfectly within my rights to lump RE4 and 5 together. They are very similar. Get. Over. It.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:07 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Yes. I'm fully aware of your incessant need to defend RE4 to death. I didn't say anything bad about it. Yes, I was perfectly within my rights to lump RE4 and 5 together. They are very similar. Get. Over. It.

I know you didn't say anything bad about it, directly. But you have no rights, you can't put those two together.

The best I could get in RE5 to go one-on-one with Wesker, as Chris, was during that fight outside, taking away all of Sheva's weapons, and simply giving her a ton of First Aids....but alas, it's not quite the one-on-one I was hoping for...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:19 am

They may be similar in gameplay but they are in no way shape or form similar in the feeling you get when playing them. As Spike said the AI often gets in your way, you not only have to keep an eye on your inventory but hers as well. With Ashley all you had to do was plop a herb in her mouth or shoot some rapist carrying her away caveman style.

When you die in RE4 that's it start over.

When you die in RE5 you bleed out, you can tap A to revive yourself or prolong your death, your partner AI or human controller can heal you and you can be on your memory way, before you die and start all over.

The giants in RE4 you have to use your wits to fight them, you have to conserve your ammo and play it right.

In RE5 you gun it down with infinite ammo.

The chainsaw in RE4 slices your head off once you get within head severing length.

The chainsaw in RE5 chases you. Stands in front of you. His brain starts working and he hits you over the head with the butt end of the chainsaw. Really? You're going to attack your prey with the butt end of a CHAINSAW? That's like ... No I don't need an analogy for that. That's clear as day, plain and simple. You don't do that! What the fuck?!

EDIT:
Oh and I forgot to mention that in RE4 you fight a giant sea creature with nothing but a small rowboat and harpoons. 

In RE5 you fight a giant sea creature with machine guns, explosives, and another pal to help gun it down. 
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:30 am

Yeah that's basically what I'm getting at. I mean there is definately Horror in RE4. RE5's got some, but RE4 is where it's at.

Now I still stand by them having Survival too, but after playing RER, seeing how nicely they've done both the Horror and Survival aspects, big time(dammit GL you NEED to play this game), it's made me realized that while RE4 does have Survival, it's definately not at it's best.

Now enemies dropping ammo is definately not something I like.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 am

I just got my friend to download the HD version on her Xbox and she can't get past the first village. She plays too much Action Shooter Warfare to understand that she will deplete her rounds too quickly to be efficient and well.. You know. Survive.

But without enemies dropping ammo you probably would have been butt raped in RE4 to be honest. I can't imagine facing a hord of armed ganados and stopping to knife open crates.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 am

Mercy wrote:
I just got my friend to download the HD version on her Xbox and she can't get past the first village. She plays too much Action Shooter Warfare to understand that she will deplete her rounds too quickly to be efficient and well.. You know. Survive.

But without enemies dropping ammo you probably would have been butt raped in RE4 to be honest. I can't imagine facing a hord of armed ganados and stopping to knife open crates.

Oh yeah, the way it's set up kinda requires ammo to be used a bit more....of course you can run around enemies sometimes...remember that stuff?

There's definately a bit of an obligation to clear each area of enemies, but there isn't exactly anything really wrong with that...sorta.

I'm really liking the way it's all done in RER though.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:51 am

Oh yeah you could just run past a swarm of invisible vomiting bugs like there's no big deal. Right. But some regenerators and iron maidens. Those guys creep the shit out of me. Specially when you have no choice but to fight them.

And yeah, RER surprised me that no items fell. I got so use to it in the last two installments I was taken aback by it.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 am

I guess I'll play Devil's advocate here. The old Resident Evil games are somewhat boring and really don't change from what game to the other. This is about 75% of the gameplay: See zombies. Stop your character. Turn character in opposite direction. Hit run and directional button and "evade" the zombie. This is even helpful against stronger characters like Lickers and Hunters. Run...run...run...This doesn't add to any "suspense" it just makes it less fun. People say the Merchant and weapons being left by fallen enemies is stupid well what about a police station with less ammo than a nunnery. Or the fact that you go to a gun shop that clearly has things in a display case and you pick up a crossbow. The enemies in the new games are faster stronger and deadlier. Just like in movies faster zombies are scarier and create more tension. Even REmake jumped on the bandwagon with Crimson Heads. Consoles were much more limited back when the originals were made. Survival Horror was just being created so there wasn't a set standard. Things change and this is just another evolution in the genre.

Compare this to RE4/RE5 gameplay:

Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:04 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
I guess I'll play Devil's advocate here. The old Resident Evil games are somewhat boring and really don't change from what game to the other. This is about 75% of the gameplay: See zombies. Stop your character. Turn character in opposite direction. Hit run and directional button and "evade" the zombie. This is even helpful against stronger characters like Lickers and Hunters. Run...run...run...This doesn't add to any "suspense" it just makes it less fun. People say the Merchant and weapons being left by fallen enemies is stupid well what about a police station with less ammo than a nunnery. Or the fact that you go to a gun shop that clearly has things in a display case and you pick up a crossbow. The enemies in the new games are faster stronger and deadlier. Just like in movies faster zombies are scarier and create more tension. Even REmake jumped on the bandwagon with Crimson Heads. Consoles were much more limited back when the originals were made. Survival Horror was just being created so there wasn't a set standard. Things change and this is just another evolution in the genre.

Say what you wish, defend what you must defend, but im gonna write this from an objective point of view. Resident evil, RE2, RE0,RE:CV, and especially REmake, WERE survival horror. It was difficult to survive, you had to be cunning. It was horrific. RE4 and RE5 arent period. You can say survival horror evolved and stuff, but the fact remains, RE has evolved into soemthing that is no longer survival horror. Its easy to survive. Its not horrific. They are fun as hell, very fast paced, very dark stories, but they are no longer survival horror. Thats just my two cents. But I love resi somuch im still getting resi6. But you cant really state survival horror has evolved, when it is no longer survival horror. Its like saying charmeleon evolved into blastoise.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:54 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Say what you wish, defend what you must defend, but im gonna write this from an objective point of view. Resident evil, RE2, RE0,RE:CV, and especially REmake, WERE survival horror. It was difficult to survive, you had to be cunning. It was horrific. RE4 and RE5 arent period. You can say survival horror evolved and stuff, but the fact remains, RE has evolved into soemthing that is no longer survival horror. Its easy to survive. Its not horrific. They are fun as hell, very fast paced, very dark stories, but they are no longer survival horror. Thats just my two cents. But I love resi somuch im still getting resi6. But you cant really state survival horror has evolved, when it is no longer survival horror. Its like saying charmeleon evolved into blastoise.

BS, they are survival horror. Action is a bigger part, but they are still both Survival and Horror.

I think you made some good points Chicken, but I still don't like enemies dropping ammo. Just kinda lame I think. Not a huge deal, or at least wasn't, but now that I've seen it done like it is in RER, I really don't want it to go back. Smile

And I really don't want too many changes in the series, but I would like some. Things like being able to move while aiming, not a problem. I mean it was in Outbreak File#2 and DA, but it was only walking, which is exactly what it is in RER/Mercs3D. I think it works really well and honestly, makes it hard to go back to something like RE5.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 am

In Resident Evil 5 I didn't feel the need to fight for survival at all, I always had my partner to get me out of sticky situations. In Resident Evil 4 I not only had to fight for my survival but for the survival of the president's daughter. I don't think it's by any means a walk in the park, I nearly blew piss out my nose when I had to face my first regenerator. Shoot the legs, oh wait it still leaps out at you by doing the worm and takes a whole chunk of Leon shoulder between its teeth, and it grows it's legs back? Iron Maidens giving Leon spikey hugs of death? How are creatures such as blind slashing mutated Wolverines not horrifying, when at any moment it could charge at you, stab your face and hold you up like a piñata as your body twitches in it's grip? Garradors were the shit. Seriously. And that first time the las plagas burst out of that guy's neck.. Unless you're use to that and aren't horrified by the sight of it anymore. 

But there is a real survival aspect to the game as well as a horror aspect. I don't see how you can't categorize Resident Evil 4 as a survival horror. 

When you run into a bear trap, they chainsaw your head off, when you try to hide up a church building, they throw dynamite. 

As I won't admit there being much of a survival aspect to Resident Evil 5, I was still scared shitless when I saw puppy dog's faces split open and jump at me from my ass. And the first encounter with the Executioner was tough. You only had a dinky handgun and you had to use your wits when fighting him with carefully placed explosive barrels while trying to fend off a bunch of angry Africans. 

Huh...  That should be a board game. Angry Angry Africans. 
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 am

ChickenHeart wrote:

I totally agree with your opinion. Older games were created as such with less action as consoles and hardware could not support action as today's console.Also there is the issue of how exactly do we define horror in next gen consoles? Jus by running short of ammo and run away from zombies? It would have been fun on older conbsoles but RE has to live up to the expectations of new gamers and tap potential of new hardware. I mean its got stiff competition from other third person and first person games.

If running away from zombies with low ammo is horror, then dead space 2 is the game for ya. Resident evil has evolved from ammo conservation to strategically defeat B.O.W.s. I had fun defeating salazar in PRO without using rocket launcher. And I believe there is horror in RE 4 with bosses like vertigo. Trying to kill him would be a waste of ammo as he would jus chow them down.

I can't comment much in RE 5 though. Its anybody's perception of horror. Some may find it to have horror, others not much.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:15 am

Mercy wrote:
In Resident Evil 5 I didn't feel the need to fight for survival at all, I always had my partner to get me out of sticky situations. In Resident Evil 4 I not only had to fight for my survival but for the survival of the president's daughter. I don't think it's by any means a walk in the park, I nearly blew piss out my nose when I had to face my first regenerator. Shoot the legs, oh wait it still leaps out at you by doing the worm and takes a whole chunk of Leon shoulder between its teeth, and it grows it's legs back? Iron Maidens giving Leon spikey hugs of death? How are creatures such as blind slashing mutated Wolverines not horrifying, when at any moment it could charge at you, stab your face and hold you up like a piñata as your body twitches in it's grip? Garradors were the shit. Seriously. And that first time the las plagas burst out of that guy's neck.. Unless you're use to that and aren't horrified by the sight of it anymore. 

But there is a real survival aspect to the game as well as a horror aspect. I don't see how you can't categorize Resident Evil 4 as a survival horror. 

When you run into a bear trap, they chainsaw your head off, when you try to hide up a church building, they throw dynamite. 

As I won't admit there being much of a survival aspect to Resident Evil 5, I was still scared shitless when I saw puppy dog's faces split open and jump at me from my ass. And the first encounter with the Executioner was tough. You only had a dinky handgun and you had to use your wits when fighting him with carefully placed explosive barrels while trying to fend off a bunch of angry Africans. 

Huh...  That should be a board game. Angry Angry Africans. 

When I talk about the horror in RE5, it's basically what you described. I feel like the biggest flaw of RE5, and really this is also such a Pro to the game too, is having a Partner.

It was nice to be able to play through with a buddy, and I've done it many times, but it still ruined the game in a lot of ways. Gameplay-wise it ruined certain horror aspects, and story-wise it ruined the story. Particularly the stuff with important characters like Chris, Jill and Wesker.

And dammit Mercy, you are making so much damn sense when it comes to RE4, 12 Points!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what the fuk capcom   what the fuk capcom - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

what the fuk capcom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2