Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Jills scenario is Canon

Go down 
+9
chocotricks
Spike991
The Knife
Ghost Leader
PAULSAMSON
Sargent D
RaviorStygian
Mass Distraction
TeRoR KiD
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 am

Sargent D wrote:
I don't think when they were making this game back in 1995 that they were really thinking about a perfect canon story line because they didn't know if the game was going to be big or not.

I agree with this. RE1 was kind of a "What the hell" kind of game; I don't think that they were anticipating it becoming such a massive franchise.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Face it. We have never and may never see the true canon story of some of these games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Hey Nite, didn't you write a thread asking about our opinions on the canon of RE1? I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:07 pm

I might have. I remember something like that.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm

If you cant dig it up you could just make a new one.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:41 am

chocotricks wrote:
We could always say fuck it And say Lisa knocked Barry off the ledge and thats why you dont see him no more and thats truly canon.

But Barry appears at the end of RE3 flying the helicopter

Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:49 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Face it. We have never and may never see the true canon story of some of these games.
Maybe it's a mistake in the first place to think the canon is represented by the games. It's a theoretical canon, partially represented by the games which will deviate from it whenever the respective gameplay requires it.

I think the big plot holes are parts of the earlier games, though, since gamers actually demanding a thing such as canon and timeline consitency is a relatively new phenomenon. You can see that very well with Zelda, one of the obligatory questions for each new part now being: "Where in the timeline does it fit, is this the same Link/Zelda as in _________?" And with RE becoming more professionalized and exploited as a brand, they seem to be more calculating and on guard about plot.

Last edited by Trichos on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah, like RE's 1 & 2. I kinda wish they didn't have things like choosing different characters, and all kinds of different, alternate paths and endings. It just makes things confusing.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:51 am

Screw confusing, it made a hell of an interesting game with way more replayability than just having one straight storyline.

I'm not complaining with games like Silent Hill and they have a crap ton of endings each time.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 am

I agree with Mass. The most "confusing" of them all in terms of canon, RE2, has really been a masterpiece. I would have missed the "Goodbye, Leon" scene and theme greatness just because Leon A would have been dismissed as "not canonable".
As long as, say, CAPCOM issues a press statement clarifying what the canon for each game is, or as long as it becomes obvious (or at least reasonably probable) from the succession of games which scenarios are/must be canon, I can live with mutually contradictory storylines.

Just imagine Assignment Ada not being a mere minigame, but a proper seperate storyline like in RE2, with actions and decisions of one character bearing consequences for the other one's story. I think that would have added (if not "Ada'd", ba-dum-tsss) to the game's overall quality.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:07 pm

I didn't mean that I find it confusing now, I mean once you know, like I do, then it isn't so much of a problem, but it was something that made it confusing at one point.

If there was any problem I had with it now, it'd be that we don't get a canon visual scene of how it went down.

I'd like to see Brad, Chris, Jill, Becca & Barry all in the same chopper at the same time at the end of the mansion incident....
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 am

Spike991 wrote:
I'd like to see Brad, Chris, Jill, Becca & Barry all in the same chopper at the same time at the end of the mansion incident....
Granted, that annoys me too. Unlike RE2 with its different scenarios and consequently different endings, I really can't see any necessity to leave either Barry or both him and Rebecca behind. To have them knocked down by T-002 (so the fight isn't "too crowded") or have them arrive late at the helicopter platform after preparing mashed tyrant would have been perfectly possible.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 am

That is why it would be so amazing to have an official canon movie version of the first game.

Well, at least in the novel they all board the copter at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jills scenario is Canon   Jills scenario is Canon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jills scenario is Canon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2