Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Canon GTA IV ending EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Canon GTA IV ending EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Canon GTA IV ending EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Canon GTA IV ending EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Canon GTA IV ending EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Canon GTA IV ending EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Canon GTA IV ending EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Canon GTA IV ending EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Canon GTA IV ending EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Canon GTA IV ending

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Canon GTA IV ending Empty
PostSubject: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Ok it's been 4 year an I want your input. I think the revenge ending would go well because.

There's a man/woman trying to kill you, and the people close to you. You're heavily armed, and you know his/her location. He/she has
Stabbed you in the back

Kidnapped your family member/closest friend and nearly gets you killed
and destroyed your home and everything in it. You know he won't stop 'til you're dead (Nemesis) so why work for him again when he betrayed you the first time.

I don't however think that Every aspect of the Revenge ending is canon (Much like how not every part of RE 1 is canon) for all we know, no one dies at Roman's weding or someone does.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Did you not understand the underlying themes of the story? Forgiveness. Letting go of the past. The whole game you are trying to track down the one that betrayed you and when you finally find him, you realize that life has already beaten the hell out of him. You can choose to kill him, but it gets you nothing. Revenge is empty. The same applies to the end decision of working with your enemy or taking revenge on him. In my opinion the canon ending should be letting him go, and then killing him after he gives you no choice.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Did you not understand the underlying themes of the story? Forgiveness. Letting go of the past. The whole game you are trying to track down the one that betrayed you and when you finally find him, you realize that life has already beaten the hell out of him. You can choose to kill him, but it gets you nothing. Revenge is empty. The same applies to the end decision of working with your enemy or taking revenge on him. In my opinion the canon ending should be letting him go, and then killing him after he gives you no choice.

Exactly, your opinion. You can understand the underlying themes and all you want, but it doesn't guarantee a certain ending as canon. I think Kate's death and Darko Brevic left alive is the way the story ended. Niko spare's Darko, seeing that Darko is nothing but a shell and will bring him nothing, but he can't let go of the promise he made to himself, about ending Dimitri. Plus he respected Kate too much, and saw himself building a life with her, so I think Niko took her advice and went to kill Dimitri. That of course, is also my opinion.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:33 am

I can agree with that one too.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 am

00biohazard wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Exactly, your opinion. You can understand the underlying themes and all you want, but it doesn't guarantee a certain ending as canon. I think Kate's death and Darko Brevic left alive is the way the story ended. Niko spare's Darko, seeing that Darko is nothing but a shell and will bring him nothing, but he can't let go of the promise he made to himself, about ending Dimitri. Plus he respected Kate too much, and saw himself building a life with her, so I think Niko took her advice and went to kill Dimitri. That of course, is also my opinion.
True. Nikko does care about Roman, but he most likely wouldn't take his advice again considering what happened when he took his advice about Michelle. But yea it's opinion. However, I still think Nikko would kill Dimitri. I can understand why he wouldn't kill Darko b/c Darko never constantly tried to kill Nikko or his loved ones whereas Dimitri seemed to NEVER stop.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Only Rockstar can decide which ending is canon, but they've made no such announcement AFAIK.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Only Rockstar can decide which ending is canon, but they've made no such announcement AFAIK.
True, but I wasnted to hear everyone elses thoughts and input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canon GTA IV ending   Canon GTA IV ending Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon GTA IV ending
Page 1 of 1