Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Is the merchant in RE4 canon?

Go down 
+3
The Knife
NiteKrawler
Bub537
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Is the merchant in RE4 canon? Empty
PostSubject: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:47 pm

I've been puzzled by this for years. Is the merchant in RE4 actually canon? I mean he has absolutely nothing to do with the plot and doesn't affect it in any way but is his appearance considered canon?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Not unless Capcom issues a statement saying he is. Which would be stupid. As much as I like him, he shouldn't be canon. As he was in only one cutscene, and did not affect the game story at all, he shouldn't be canon.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Not sure. I really kind of doubt that Leon could exterminate all those baddies with and unupgraded handgun.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:51 pm

All those baddies were not canon though. And the merchant would be a very dumb way to explain anything. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:19 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Not unless Capcom issues a statement saying he is. Which would be stupid. As much as I like him, he shouldn't be canon. As he was in only one cutscene, and did not affect the game story at all, he shouldn't be canon.
i guess thats how i look at it too. good question bub, 1000 points to you.

i pretty much wentblank when i saw this question.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:03 pm

I think he would be because he's in the game which is canon, it's not like the P.R.L. 412 where you have to unlock it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:07 pm

there is indeed a cutscene with him too. the exact circumstances in which he is seen, what he's doing there and all...no sure.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:24 am

The Knife wrote:
Not sure. I really kind of doubt that Leon could exterminate all those baddies with and unupgraded handgun.

If you play Seperate Ways, you can see Leon having to fight off hordes of Ganado's and Cultists.

Although, Leon might have obtained the Shotgun and the Broken Butterfly, considering that they are the only loose weapons in the game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:49 am

The Knife wrote:
The Knife wrote:

If you play Seperate Ways, you can see Leon having to fight off hordes of Ganado's and Cultists.

Although, Leon might have obtained the Shotgun and the Broken Butterfly, considering that they are the only loose weapons in the game.
and an rpg.

Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:24 am

Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
The Knife wrote:

and an rpg.

That too, and an RPG with a red rocket.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:09 am

I guess he is. With the cutscene and all. Not that ALL of his appearances in the game would be but some. I think he might've just made the best of the situation and actually was selling goods in some parts of the island.

I remember reading somewhere he was supposed to make an appearance in RE5 but it was cut out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I remember reading somewhere he was supposed to make an appearance in RE5 but it was cut out.

That would've been awesome. I'd rather have a creepy guy in a trench coat selling me weapons than the boring weapon store in-between chapters in RE5.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That would've been awesome. I'd rather have a creepy guy in a trench coat selling me weapons than the boring weapon store in-between chapters in RE5.
i would rather not have chapters at all. im still a bit antsy about typewriter's being taken out entirely, unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

i would rather not have chapters at all. im still a bit antsy about typewriter's being taken out entirely, unacceptable.

Yes. Bring back the typewriters. They were unique and should have never left the series.

As for the merchant. The only thing that puts me off him being canon is the fact that if you kill him when you meet he re-spawns later in the game to seel you more goods.

Doesn't seem legit to make an 'invincible' character canon.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:33 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yes. Bring back the typewriters. They were unique and should have never left the series.

As for the merchant. The only thing that puts me off him being canon is the fact that if you kill him when you meet he re-spawns later in the game to seel you more goods.

That would only mean killing him is not canon. If he just vanished you'd be stuck with what you have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That would only mean killing him is not canon. If he just vanished you'd be stuck with what you have.

I guess I could live with that explanation as canon.

The better question now would be if he died in the explosion of the island then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the merchant in RE4 canon?   Is the merchant in RE4 canon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the merchant in RE4 canon?
Page 1 of 1