HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!

Go down 
+15
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Jamesy
PAULSAMSON
Monster Mash
Mcghie
ThomVD
The Knife
Bub537
HUNK'syouruncle
Ghost Leader
ghoroob f3
Cyberote
RaviorStygian
chocotricks
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I hope the pace of the game slows down compared to RE4 and 5. REmake had a perfect pacing. Action isn't everything.

I have been saying this for ages Thom, I wish RE would go back the REmake style.
I wouldnt be pissed if it went back to the original RE game mechanics lol but thats just me and this would never
happen because the game needs to progress for all they hungry action newbie fans.
Dont get me wrong I enjoy the new games but they kind of feel to much like a hollywood movie rather than
a survival horror game.
Also capcom better bring back typewriters ! screw auto save actions.

Oh also on a non related note I just bought siren blood curse for the PS3 and damn its freaky the shit out of me lol
I get pretty scared of games were I always need to hide and run and have no options to just kill and get away.
Anyone else played it yet ?
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
We'll probably hear something in a few hours, due to the different time zones.

As to the game itself, it sounds good, but I hope that in trying to make the game scary, they don't hurt the actual gameplay. Also, while I do want to see a return to classic RE stylings like searching for keys, avoiding rather than fighting some monsters, doing puzzles, and retracing your steps, I don't want to see a return to the older panoramic view, and I don't want the action to be reduced. Some of the fight scenes in RE5 were awesome, and I would hate to see things gets slowed down.

Yes... keys the size of AK-47's... (SCREW KEYS AND THE PROTAGONIST'S ABILITY TO FORESEE THAT THEY WILL NO LONGER NEED THIS KEY.)
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Mcghie wrote:
the game needs to progress for all they hungry action newbie fans.
The action hungry newbie fans need to do one of two things:

(1) Play something else.
(2) Die.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Because of course, anybody who prefers the style of the last two games is instantly a "newbie," and not a real RE fan. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
Because of course, anybody who prefers the style of the last two games is instantly a "newbie," and not a real RE fan. Rolling Eyes
About as much as anyone who would prefer an FPS-style Final Fantasy is a true FF fan, yeah.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 pm

What I don't understand is: Why would the action fans even bother playing RE games? They should just let the RE fans play the old style. There are enough action games already, so why wouldn't they just continue playing CoD and leave the RE series for what it is.

PS: I'm not talking about anyone here, but the annoying people that hate the old games and complain about things like not enough action, the camera angles, etc.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:13 pm

ThomVD wrote:
What I don't understand is: Why would the action fans even bother playing RE games? They should just let the RE fans play the old style. There are enough action games already, so why wouldn't they just continue playing CoD and leave the RE series for what it is.

PS: I'm not talking about anyone here, but the annoying people that hate the old games and complain about things like not enough action, the camera angles, etc.

I agree with you, I think that the people like us that played a lot of the old resi games have a better sense in video games in general, some gamers today get really lost if they try to play a fixed-camera game, not to mention if it is a psone game where they would begin to complain about the graphics too, saying they can't understand it....sound unlikely, but believe me, there are a lot of people like that
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Why are graphics always such a big deal for people? I still play NES, SNES, N64 and PS1 games even today and I enjoy the shit out of them. Story, gameplay, sound, level design, atmosphere, etc. are a lot more important than graphics in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love good graphics in games like Uncharted or God of War but it just isn't important for me.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:22 pm

I was thinking that maybe my "time" as a gamer has passed, I really CAN'T beat new games, mainly because they're too long, I'm not saying it is a bad thing, but the other day I beat Adventure Island, a greatly difficult game doing the trial and error strategy, in new games is like you can never die and the game keeps going forever....seriously how many games have the continue feature in these days??
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Why are graphics always such a big deal for people? I still play NES, SNES, N64 and PS1 games even today and I enjoy the shit out of them. Story, gameplay, sound, level design, atmosphere, etc. are a lot more important than graphics in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love good graphics in games like Uncharted or God of War but it just isn't important for me.

You said it man Smile
I love my old consoles, nothing like a bit of golden axe or streets of rage.
Yeah games should focus more on the gameplay and storyline and try and make a game
everyone will remember and still be playing in the next 15 years.
I dont care if a game has cutting edge graphics, if it doesnt have a good story to drive it I simply dont
play it again or dont play it as much.

Maybe we are just getting old or kids today are just getting moronic and mindless when it comes to
anything media relates, i.e music ,games, movies, trends etc etc
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm not a big fan of the new generation too. I don't think games are too long now (old RPGs and Zelda games were very long), but I think they focus to much on online and graphics. I think story is by far the most important thing in a game, and I can't name many games this gen that had a really memorable or emotional story.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the new generation too. I don't think games are too long now (old RPGs and Zelda games were very long), but I think they focus to much on online and graphics. I think story is by far the most important thing in a game, and I can't name many games this gen that had a really memorable or emotional story.

yeah zelda, FF, bauldurs gate, MYST, broken sword, diablo, they were all older but went on for ages.
I can count on my hands how many games that are out today that have good gripping story line.
Very much a lack of them and its crap.
Why did the games industry become a corporation.
It shit how games are for money now and not for love and enjoyment in making a top notch game.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:42 pm

I don't care if RE6 has too much action or whatever. Heck, even the old camera angles would be fine.

I honestly just hope it's fun.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:42 pm

What is going on!? It is already the 16th in Tokyo and STILL no RE6! This can't just be a rumor! RE6 sounds like an amazing game. Please don't let this be a rumor Sad
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
About as much as anyone who would prefer an FPS-style Final Fantasy is a true FF fan, yeah.

Apples and roast beef. FF's RPG style is far more removed from a first-person shooter than the old RE games. RE4 basically just changed the view, sped up the action, and allowed for more ammo. It was not overly easy (I actually think RE2 was easier), and it did keep a number of things distinct to the RE series that differed from other FPS.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:14 pm

@Ravoir: What do you mean with "'Even' the camera angles". I think the camera angles were just as good if not better than the OTS camera.

@Monster: From survival-horror to TPS is a bigger step than some people think.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Cyberote wrote:
What is going on!? It is already the 16th in Tokyo and STILL no RE6! This can't just be a rumor! RE6 sounds like an amazing game. Please don't let this be a rumor Sad

It's not a rumour. They did say it MIGHT reveal it at the TGS
Since its such big news Capcom will want to tell everyone whats going on or just show a teaser.
Plus since RE6 is big news they will keep for the last day of TGS
today the 15th was business day tickets, tommorow up until the 18 or 19th I think its public access
They will want the public there before they reveal what they have been working on.
Dont worry it will come Smile I will keep you all posted.

@Monster Mash - What do you mean overly easy ? yes fair enough RE2 was a bit easy, Try doing it on PAL normal or
the DC's Nightmare mode or even better yet do it on the hardcore MOD for the pc game. You wil eat your words
after that.
But the originals were far from easy. RE4 and 5 was overly easy even on professional mode.
Also RE is survival horror, we dont want more bullets, we want LESS to make it harder and treasure your supplies.
The action doesnt need sped up, its a horror game not COD were your hyper actively running around.
Also back in 1997 the camera angles were what added to the whole horror aspect, they were not to piss people off
or have whinny kids bitching about it, it was so you never knew what was around the corner.
Non of this rant was outlet towards you btw Monster mash, just telling how it is Smile
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:22 pm

ThomVD wrote:
@Ravoir: What do you mean with "'Even' the camera angles". I think the camera angles were just as good if not better than the OTS camera.
Some people don't want them. I could care less if it's done right.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 pm

ThomVD wrote:

Yeah, last month I played chrono trigger completely, i think that new games bore me actually, but that's just me...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Mcghie wrote:
I hear you, too. Even for 2D side-scrollers, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage are infinitely more fun than 90% of the games released today. Tyris Flare and Blaze Fielding were my first video game crushes. lol!
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:17 pm

ThomVD wrote:
@Monster: From survival-horror to TPS is a bigger step than some people think.

If we're talking about a survival horror game like Amnesia, then you would be correct. But RE has always had significant action components. Also, the original style of gameplay put incredible constraints on the fights scenes, especially the boss fights. On the whole, there was no strategy in fighting a boss, no aiming for weak spots, just unloading on it with everything you have as quickly as possible and praying that it's enough. Because of this, many boss fights were often either way too easy or too hard (RE3 somewhat fixed this); the gameplay allowed for no in-between.

I want everyone here to know that I am not a "younger" gamer. I grew up in the SNES/Genesis period, and I clearly remember playing the first two RE games right about the time that they came out. All of the older games are classics, and with the exception of a few tweaks and maybe a re-released facelift version like REmake, I wouldn't do a thing got change them. I also agree that there does tend to be too much emphasis on multiplayer nowadays, and that things like plot and atmosphere sometimes are sacrificed for flashiness.

That being said, RE4 and RE5 gave the series a much-needed shot in the arm. Not sales-wise, but in terms of gameplay; if future games had simply followed the formula of the previous games, it might have gotten stale. There would have been even more retracing your steps and even harder puzzles (some of the puzzles in RE3 crossed the line between challenging and annoying). If taken too far, many gamers might have gotten frustrated since it would have taken forever to get almost anywhere and the fun would would have been sucked out of the game. RE4 put a whole new spin on the series and opened up for a wide range of possibilities. With the possible exception of adding another puzzle or two and maybe some more atmosphere, I think that RE4 was an almost perfect balance between FPS and the old-style. RE5 took things too far when it came to action and a lack of puzzles, but it was a damn fun game, and both RE4 and 5 introduced some great new elements to the series. There is no reason at all that the best of the newer and the older styles can't be combined, as I think that Revelations is showing. It is not an either/or scenario.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
I hear you, too. Even for 2D side-scrollers, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage are infinitely more fun than 90% of the games released today. Tyris Flare and Blaze Fielding were my first video game crushes. lol!

Yes they were and still will be the best games in the best ear of gaming Smile
Also did you not think games back then were next to impossible to complete ?
When you did, after days of hardcore sessions, manage to complete it you felt like you
achieved something worthwhile.
Nice lol I cant remember my first game crush.
I did have a crush on princess peach though lol
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:05 pm

That Never Dead game looks pretty cool.

So is RE6 not being announced today?
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:04 pm

They should take some influence from Dead Space and apply it too RE6.

I can't wait for RE6 too come out cause it will be so scary
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I can't wait for RE6 too come out cause it will be so scary
RE? Scary? Nah. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!   NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW RESIDENT EVIL 6 NEWS!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next