HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How you Discovered Resident Evil

Go down 
+9
ZombiePrincess
wellus666
chocotricks
The Knife
Godzilla90s
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
RaviorStygian
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Meh, I don't need one. I prefer the camera angles anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:23 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Of course, the shotgun and machine gun, not to mention grenade launcher, would probably make it a cakewalk. However that just means there would have to be less ammo for them, not to mention way more zombies.
A shotgun blast to the head and a 40mm grenade can kill a Ganado or Majini in one shot, too. How is it different with zombies?
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
If Ganados and Majini were more like Rage zombies (frothing at the mouth, more animal than human, and so on), they'd be more appealing to me. I just dislike the "mind slave" concept where they pretty much live out their lives as basically normal unless ordered to do something else.

I actually find that to be what makes the plagas so scary. All of the other monsters are just mindless creatures that you know from the getgo are bad. But the plaga communities actually seem to care for one another and have a high level of intelligence, but in a second, they become vicious demagogues that will rip an outsider to pieces, and then act as it nothing happened. It's much more terrifying then the zombies.

As to how I got into RE. When I was in middle school, I would go over to a friend's house, and I would watch him play the original games, mostly the first three. I found the stories, gameplay, and atmosphere to be awesome, but I never got around to getting the games myself.
Fast forward to my second year of college; I'm in a music store, and as I'm looking through the used soundtrack bin, I saw the soundtrack for Resident Evil: Apocalypse. I had not seen the movie, but I liked Rob Zombie and I was interested in hearing some new bands. I actually ended up really liking it, and this drew me back to the franchise. I bought a three pack of RE4, C:VX, and Outbreak #1, and I was hooked. I got all of the games, watched the movies (and got their soundtracks as well, very disappointed that Afterlife did not have a soundtrack with original artists' music).
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Monster Mash wrote:

I actually find that to be what makes the plagas so scary. All of the other monsters are just mindless creatures that you know from the getgo are bad. But the plaga communities actually seem to care for one another and have a high level of intelligence, but in a second, they become vicious demagogues that will rip an outsider to pieces, and then act as it nothing happened. It's much more terrifying then the zombies.
Not to mention it adds a whole new level of sympathy to them, seeing as they're in some ways more victims than enemies.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:14 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

Not to mention it adds a whole new level of sympathy to them, seeing as they're in some ways more victims than enemies.
The little story they give during the credits of RE4 made the whole thing really depressing :/ In a cool way, though.

In retrospect, it was kind of like "Still Alive" during the credits of Portal. That still gives me the chills.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:00 am

Still alive made me laugh my ass off.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 am

ThomVD wrote:
Still alive made me laugh my ass off.
It was awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

The little story they give during the credits of RE4 made the whole thing really depressing :/ In a cool way, though.

I felt the same way. Honestly I felt more bad for them than the people of Raccoon City. They seemed like really humble people. It's a shame RE5 really didn't provide much of a backstory for the Majini.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 am

And when the Plaga hatches, we're Still Alive.
And even without a head, we're Still Alive.
And when we invade the US, we're Still Alive.
And when the President is dead, we're Still Alive.
And when Leon is dead, we're Still Alive.

STILL ALIVE.
Still Alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How you Discovered Resident Evil
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3