HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How you Discovered Resident Evil

Go down 
+9
ZombiePrincess
wellus666
chocotricks
The Knife
Godzilla90s
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
RaviorStygian
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 am

I first discovered Resident Evil as a reccomendation from Nintendo magazine for Resident Evil 4 on Wii
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:41 am

It all started on PS1. Back in the day when my mom was still a gamer we owned RE: Director's Cut, RE2, and RE3. I would sometimes watch my mom play but I was too scared to play myself (keep in mind I was young). I remember our RE: Director's Cut disc was so scratched up it didn't work and I snapped the disc in two out of frustration (again, I was young). But once I got older I manned up and decided to play through RE2 and RE3. After those two games I went on to check out all the PS2 titles (CVX, Outbreak File #1, and RE4). I eventually got Deadly Silence since I never got to play the original RE: Director's Cut. On Wii I got Umbrella Chronicles and RE0 on Gamecube and played it on my Wii. I got my PS3 and in 08 and got RE5 when it came out in 09. The only games I haven't played or ever owned are the REmake, Outbreak File #2, the Survivor games, Darkside Chronicles, and Gaiden.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Bub537 wrote:
REmake, Darkside Chronicles
I recommend those two over the others. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Especially REmake.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:12 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Especially REmake.
Yeah that. Then get DC.

Or whatever you want of course. You might be able to find the Wii version of REmake somewhere. I've seen it a few times.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:13 pm

The thing with Darkside Chronicles and the REmake is I hate the Wii. That's the only thing holding me back. If I did decide to get them I would buy Darkside Chronicles and get the REmake Archives for Wii. Can't you use the Classic controller to play the REmake? Another thing that is holding me back is that I'm saving my $50 to spend on a PSN Card to buy both the RE4 and CVX HD remakes when they come out in September.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Bub537 wrote:
The thing with Darkside Chronicles and the REmake is I hate the Wii. That's the only thing holding me back. If I did decide to get them I would buy Darkside Chronicles and get the REmake Archives for Wii. Can't you use the Classic controller to play the REmake? Another thing that is holding me back is that I'm saving my $50 to spend on a PSN Card to buy both the RE4 and CVX HD remakes when they come out in September.
Hate the Wii? Why?

Well, I would save that money then.

Also, it would probably be best to get the GC version of REmake as I'm not sure if the Classic Controller is compatible. But DC is definitely worth it if you're a fan of RE.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:28 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Hate the Wii? Why?

Well, I would save that money then.

Also, it would probably be best to get the GC version of REmake as I'm not sure if the Classic Controller is compatible. But DC is definitely worth it if you're a fan of RE.

It's just an all-around bad console in my opinion. I would just get the GC version of the REmake but it's pretty hard to find. And DC just covers the same ground as RE2 and CV which I've both played and that one scenario with Leon and Krauser. It just doesn't feel necessary to spend money on you know?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Bub537 wrote:
It's just an all-around bad console in my opinion. I would just get the GC version of the REmake but it's pretty hard to find. And DC just covers the same ground as RE2 and CV which I've both played and that one scenario with Leon and Krauser. It just doesn't feel necessary to spend money on you know?
Well, if all you're looking for is story. But DC has great gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Well, if all you're looking for is story. But DC has great gameplay.

I just don't enjoy playing the Wii enough to get it is all.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:23 am

You should also get the Survivor games when you get the chance and have money. I'd recommend getting the first and the last.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:36 am

I've played every RE's except for the mobile games, shall I buy those.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 am

ThomVD wrote:
I've played every RE's except for the mobile games, shall I buy those.
Yes. Well, Confidential Report is the only one that gave an original storyline so I guess it's worth checking out. I liked it and how it added a little side story to the series.

i-Survivor also has a original story but it can be deemed outright noncanon as it introduced new STARS members to the Raccoon incident.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:35 am

I personally want to get the Degeneration game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 am

Oh yeah, that too.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 am

I think that's the only over-the-shoulder RE game where zombies are the main enemies.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I think that's the only over-the-shoulder RE game where zombies are the main enemies.

That's because that wouldn't work. Slow zombies are way too easy to kill with the OTS view.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
...as of now.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 am

ThomVD wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

That's because that wouldn't work. Slow zombies are way too easy to kill with the OTS view.
That's what I use to think, but if you remember from UC, if you give zombies enough health and balance out the power of the guns (eliminating most of the stopping power), it would make for somewhat of a challenge. Plus, make them a little faster.

I know for sure that Crimson Heads would make a very formidable enemy.

I'm not a purist, and I do love the Las Plagas, but I do have to agree with the purists a little bit: there is a certain charm to zombies that makes them fun enemies, so having another game with them with the OTS gameplay would be fun.

But if it doesn't happen I'm not going to get all angry and proclaim to the world how RE6 is an abomination because it's not like MY Resident Evil. Razz Even though my (RaviorStygian's) Resident Evil is basically any game called Resident Evil. :\
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:44 am

I'm not a big fan of Las Plagas and I don't understand why some people think they are scary. That's just like saying the enemies in Cod or BF are scary.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

That's what I use to think, but if you remember from UC, if you give zombies enough health and balance out the power of the guns (eliminating most of the stopping power), it would make for somewhat of a challenge. Plus, make them a little faster.

I'm not a purist, and I do love the Las Plagas, but I do have to agree with the purists a little bit: there is a certain charm to zombies that makes them fun enemies, so having another game with them with the OTS gameplay would be fun.

But if it doesn't happen I'm not going to get all angry and proclaim to the world how RE6 is an abomination because it's not like MY Resident Evil. Razz Even though my (RaviorStygian's) Resident Evil is basically any game called Resident Evil. :\
Agreed. Are you talking about having them in a main storyline game? Because ORC is going to have zombies with OTS camera.

I agree with Thom, Plagas are not scary. Not that I feel like they should be but still. It's still a bit different having a human enemy rather than some abomination, though.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:54 am

ThomVD wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Las Plagas and I don't understand why some people think they are scary. That's just like saying the enemies in Cod or BF are scary.

Well, they may not be scary (to you, anyway) but they sure as heck are lethal. They can be a little scary, when the Plaga just... erupts from a Ganados/Cultist/Militiamens head. And the fact they can see you, without any form of eyes, ears or nose.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

Agreed. Are you talking about having them in a main storyline game? Because ORC is going to have zombies with OTS camera.

I agree with Thom, Plagas are not scary. Not that I feel like they should be but still. It's still a bit different having a human enemy rather than some abomination, though.
I think they're more annoying then scary. Well, the Majini's at least, they're just obnoxious. But still, I have to agree, they are lethal and are very dangerous.

Zombies aren't really scary either though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:05 pm

If Ganados and Majini were more like Rage zombies (frothing at the mouth, more animal than human, and so on), they'd be more appealing to me. I just dislike the "mind slave" concept where they pretty much live out their lives as basically normal unless ordered to do something else.

Also, living dead zombies that can move quickly (as in fast walking or moderate sprints like Crimson Heads do) would work. I don't see how fighting them in OTS is any different than fighting Ganados or Majini when logic dictates that the latter would be dead with one headshot as well.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Also, living dead zombies that can move quickly (as in fast walking or moderate sprints like Crimson Heads do) would work. I don't see how fighting them in OTS is any different than fighting Ganados or Majini when logic dictates that the latter would be dead with one headshot as well.
Exactly what I was thinking. They could even be capable of projectile attacks with their puke, similar to UC. They would actually be more lethal than Majini in regards to grabbing you because instead of being able to push them off, you would inevitably be bitten at least once like in the classic-styled games.

This really could work and I hope to see it in the future.

Of course, the shotgun and machine gun, not to mention grenade launcher, would probably make it a cakewalk. However that just means there would have to be less ammo for them, not to mention way more zombies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How you Discovered Resident Evil
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next