Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How you Discovered Resident Evil

Go down 
+9
ZombiePrincess
wellus666
chocotricks
The Knife
Godzilla90s
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
RaviorStygian
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

How you Discovered Resident Evil Empty
PostSubject: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:59 am

We all have stories on how we were first introduced to this awesome franchise. Some are what you would expect, and some may actually be quite surprising. Share them here.

I was actually introduced to RE via Gametrailer's Resident Evil Retrospective.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-1-resident-evil/45114

That whole retrospective really got me interested into the franchise, and some of my fondest RE memories was actually watching these videos.

So, some time latter, I noticed RE4 Wii Edition at one of my Game Stops. I asked my dad if I could buy it and, after a little coercing, he let me get it.

I played it so much when I got it it was ridiculous. It made me interested in getting the other games, so I bought REmake some time after. It just spiraled from there.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 am

Someone lended the original RE1 for the ps to my brother when I was like 8 years old. It was kindda scary to me and when I tried to play it I got beaten up. Some years later I bought Director's cut to get a revenge. I loved it. Then played RE2, loved it even more (I still think is the best RE2) then Nemesis and finally Survivor, I guess that because I played them in order I like RE story so much. When I got a PS2 I played through RE4 entirely (skipping CV, I didn't know it was part of the main story, 'cause of the title) I got a big surprise when I saw Wesker again. Then I played some of the spin offs, like outbreak, and then I got a wii and I played UC, 0, REmake and DSC and finally RE5 for the PC. I'm currently playing CVX on the PS2.

BTW, I love the Gametrailers Retrospective of RE
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 am

My father bought RE1 in 1997 when I was 7. We played it together and I was fascinated and scared. I played RE2 alone when I was 9 and short after that I played RE1 alone. Awesome memories.

The retrospective was awesome indeed.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 am

I love all the GameTrailers retrospectives. Have you watched the Silent Hill retrospective?

Okay, let's get to the story then. What first got me into the series was a small article about the original Resident Evil in a gaming magazine back in 96 or 97. I was so confused but it just seemed really interesting and I've loved everything horror related since I was a kid, even though I was REALLY easily scared. Then my friend told me he had pirated copies of RE2 & 3 and I watched him play those through over and over again. I was so fascinated (I was really scared of Nemesis) that I think I went there pretty much every day. I have him to thank for getting me totally sucked in. Then I acquired Survivor, as this one guy gave it to me telling it was "the worst game ever". It was a pirated copy (these games weren't getting much releases here back then) and the first RE I ever played myself. The first zombie scared me shitless Very Happy Again, I had to play it at my friend's as my PS wasn't modded. Couldn't finish the game, though. Then I bought my first actual shooter Max Payne 2, which really got me into gaming in general. After that I thought "fuck it" and bought RE4. It was the first RE I was able to complete. Then I found RE2 on PC really cheap and I had so much fun with it I just had to get the rest Very Happy Funny thing, it wasn't until Deadly Silence that I actually played the first game.

Long story? Quite.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am

when i was like 5 or 6 my parents went outta town for a vacation, i stayed at my cuzins house and he'd always be playing the original RE1 for PS1. i would be scared shitless of that game and i would hide behind couches but i still wanted 2 watch. my sister really liked that game so when i was 7 and she was like 14 we remembered that game that my cuzin was playing and she got my parents to buy RE2 and RE3 for PC, we played them alot. so i was just a core RE fan when i had those two games then i turned 10 when RE4 came out i remember buying a gamecube with that game. good memories. now overtime when i started playing the games more and more i became a diehard fan of the series and pretty much used up alotta my birthday money i saved up over the years for my RE collection.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 am

I watched my older cousin play RE2 back in... '99. I was intrigued by it, but didn't bother too much (Sue me.) Then, in '06, I was watching another cousin play RE4. I gave her ideas, even though I was playing Mario Kart back then. Finally, in '10, I was re-united with the legendary series. I bought me a copy of RE4: Wii edition. Then a copy of RE5. Then Deadly Silence. Then RE3. Then 2. Finally, 1. And at one point, early this year, I played a teensy bit of UC.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I love all the GameTrailers retrospectives. Have you watched the Silent Hill retrospective?
Yeah, but it really is too short, much like most SH games. Razz

Anyway, these stories are really nice to read. It's a very cheerful thing sharing stories of the first experiences of fun games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:43 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Yeah, but it really is too short, much like most SH games. Razz

Anyway, these stories are really nice to read. It's a very cheerful thing sharing stories of the first experiences of fun games.
This sure was a nice idea Smile

Actually the GameTrailers retrospective on Castlevania got me into that series. I love Castlevania now, one of my favorite series.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:03 am

Symphony of the Night rocks.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:51 am

ThomVD wrote:
Symphony of the Night rocks.
I still haven't played that because the only copy I can find around here costs 149€. I do have Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow and I've finished the first game too. I'm looking for a copy of Lords of Shadow.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 am

Too bad you don't have a 360 Crying or Very sad , you can download it there for €12 . SotN is the best Castlevania in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:20 am

ThomVD wrote:
Too bad you don't have a 360 Crying or Very sad , you can download it there for €12 . SotN is the best Castlevania in my opinion.
There's PSN version of it too Very Happy I just want to have the actual game, although it would seem I need to download it. If I had a PSP I'd be able to get it for 14€ in the Dracula X Chronicles which also has Rondo of Blood.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:23 am

Ok nice! I don't have the actual game anymore either.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 am

No, wait, crap... Apparently it's not available in this damned country. Same goes to Ehrgeiz, tried to find that too as it has a PSN version but noooooooooo, not in this country :/
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:33 am

Make a american account and buy a 20 dollar card on gamehubs. Never tried it but a lot of friends have done it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:40 am

Don't have a PayPal account. Don't feel like doing one either...
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:17 pm

When I was about 8-10 around there I saw the REmake at a local convenience store I rented it, loved it, Never got very far in it, then one day when I was a bit older I saw and bought the Pure evil edition at wal-mart with 0 and REmake and then played RE4 with a friend and rented it lots of times and loved the shit out of it, then I got the others and so on and so on now here I am
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Perhaps if we were to listen to RE3's Credits, this'd be a right tearjerker to some of the lesser willed people.

Here is quick access.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 pm

I love that theme.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:46 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I love that theme.

Quite possibly the best song in the game... No, the SERIES.

Immediatly followed by The Beginning of the Nightmare.

For your hearing pleasure.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:55 pm

I still think the best theme is DC's Alexia Type II.

Or Credit Line to the Whole Staff, orchestrated or unorchestrated.
Back to top Go down
wellus666
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
wellus666

Playstation Network Wellus666

PostSubject: My RE Story   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:36 pm

I was 11 years old and like all weekends I went to hire a game after 1 hour of important analysis lol I found resident evil 2 on Playstation I went to hire it but the guy behind the counter said I was to young so I quickly ran to my house and got my mums permission to get it. At the time I didnt have a memory card so instead of saving my game I stayed up all night and clocked it (Unlocked all the outfits aswell). I played resident evil 1 soon after that and was a little disappointed because the graphics where pretty crap compared to number 2 but It was still fun & 100% worth playing/owning. I've recently picked up my ps2 control again just to play threw resident evil 4. great franchise.

I'm Still waiting for Re5 gold Edition to arrive. ebay can be very slow :/
Hurry up!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:20 am

Seems like we have a new member. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:25 am

The introduction section has become a bit useless.
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:07 am

My brother introduced me to Resident Evil. He would let me watch him play and Zombies were fucking fascinating!!! I would sit for hours watching. Then one day when he was playing REmake he turns to me and goes "Mallory. It's your turn." and sits the controller in my hand.
I will never forget that day. I learned a valuable lesson- Don't try to go back outside. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you Discovered Resident Evil   How you Discovered Resident Evil Empty

Back to top Go down

How you Discovered Resident Evil
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next