HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
Monster Mash
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas Empty
PostSubject: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Through the last two games, I was wondering exactly what the response of the two affected countries were; we know what the US government did to Racoon City.

As for Spain, the government seemed somewhat aware of the situation since they sent those two cops with Leon. I highly doubt that they were aware of the full scale of the problem, or more operatives would probably have been used. That being said, I find it very hard to believe that no one saw an entire village be taken over by parasites. Since las plagas are intelligent, they might have acted friendly towards outsiders that regularly came by, and only attacked Leon because he was a total stranger. Unless of course the village was extremely isolated (given the outdated clothing and technology of the villagers, this is a possibility). It would be very interesting to see how the Spanish government mopped up the remains of Los Illuminados, since I highly doubt that all of the plagas were killed, and the whole situation presents a serious biohazard.

As for Kijuju, judging by Sheva's comments at the beginning of the game, the government was probably run by some stereotypical third-world strongman who was more concerned with holding power than actually improving the country. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a deal with Wesker and Tricell to allow for Urorboros and plagas research in his country in exhange for large sums of money or weapons. The situtation of course got completely out of control, and I doubt that the government was able to contain the spread of plaga spores. They probably had spread to other countries by the time Sheva and Chris had snuck aboard Wesker's boat. Given the volatility of that region and the nastiness of the plagas, this has the potential for a major international crisis (you can throw in the t-virus as well, given the zombies and lickers in the hidden lab).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:44 am

As for the island in RE4 I just thought it was too isolated and everything just got destroyed in the explosion. Judging by how the event's weren't mentioned afterwards that could be it.

Kijuju on the other hand... I'd like to think BSAA sent in a cleanup crew but like you said, given the circumstances, this would actually be a huge international crisis. I wonder if RE6 will deal with the matter?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:01 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I wonder if RE6 will deal with the matter?
Somehow I think Damnation will take place after the events of RE5, and show the consequences of the viral outbreak.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I wonder if RE6 will deal with the matter?
Somehow I think Damnation will take place after the events of RE5, and show the consequences of the viral outbreak.
That way the person in the shadows could actually be Chris.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
That way the person in the shadows could actually be Chris.

That's what I thought.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
As for the island in RE4 I just thought it was too isolated and everything just got destroyed in the explosion. Judging by how the event's weren't mentioned afterwards that could be it.

The island was isolated, but the village and castle were not.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:00 pm

The village and castle were most definitely isolated. It was basically a cult area. A sect. It would have been all too easy to have something like this happen without anyone on the outside noticing.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Like Nite said, the Plaga outbreak took place in an isolated area, so I agree with him that it could have easily gone unnoticed by the Spanish government. Kijuju had been quarantined by the time RE5 began, so there's definitely some form of outside response because the population there isn't going to quarantine itself.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:58 pm

As the spores can travel through air, I think it would be very easy for them to leave the general area; the only reason why Leon did not become a carrier when he came into contact with the fossils was probably because he was already infected. I don't think it would be ridiculous if some infected animals moved on to more populated areas. And judging from the woodcuts at the game's credits, I don't think that the villagers were initially part of Los Illuminados before Saddler came along. The monks were, but the people on the island might well have been derelicts and mercenaries who thought that Saddler was just another regular employer before becoming infected.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 am

Monster, if you're talking about the plagas, it had to be inserted to the victim itself. I don't think there were any spores there.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Monster, if you're talking about the plagas, it had to be inserted to the victim itself. I don't think there were any spores there.

The original ganados were created when the villagers breathed in the spores, not were injected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas   The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas Empty

Back to top Go down

The governments of Spain and Kijuju and the plagas
Page 1 of 1