HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why did most of you hate RE4?

Go down 
+11
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
Monster Mash
Patronum1121
ace.redfield
RaviorStygian
ThomVD
Mass Distraction
TeRoR KiD
HUNK'syouruncle
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Oh trust me, if I am within grabbing range of a Reaper and my back is to it, I'm crapping myself. No doubt about it lol.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Oh trust me, if I am within grabbing range of a Reaper and my back is to it, I'm crapping myself. No doubt about it lol.
I'm especially doing this when I have a high score in Mercs.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Reapers are a piece of cake. You just have to know where to shoot them.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:38 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I'm especially doing this when I have a high score in Mercs.

Yeah, I had like a 80 combo with Excella on the mines. 1 minute before the end a reaper appeared and I was scared to death, and then he killed me Mad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 am

Reapers aren't scary, they're just annoying. Although I don't think being dangerous makes something scary, Mr. Salvador scares the crap out of me. I always panic in the Waterworld stage when I hear him coming.

On the actual topic, I think RE4 being totally overrated kills the fun of it. I love the game (story, gameplay, everything) but I hate how it gets too much attention.

@Thom: Now that you mentioned it I've been seeing it all over the place. Even when talking about music in RE4 people go all "RE5 suckz donkeyballs compared to 4 cuz 4 wuz amayzing adn it is teh bestest game evah".
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
On the actual topic, I think RE4 being totally overrated kills the fun of it. I love the game (story, gameplay, everything) but I hate how it gets too much attention.

Exactly, if RE4 wasn't so damn overrated I would probably have appreciated it a lot more. It's just so annoying that many people act like RE4 is the only game in the series.

Mass Distraction wrote:
@Thom: Now that you mentioned it I've been seeing it all over the place. Even when talking about music in RE4 people go all "RE5 suckz donkeyballs compared to 4 cuz 4 wuz amayzing adn it is teh bestest game evah".

True. Those are the fanboys I described.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:03 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Exactly, if RE4 wasn't so damn overrated I would probably have appreciated it a lot more. It's just so annoying that many people act like RE4 is the only game in the series.
I appreciate the game a whole lot. I just despise the fanboyism. It's just no fun talking about the game anymore.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I appreciate the game a whole lot. I just despise the fanboyism. It's just no fun talking about the game anymore.

I appreciate it too, but I would've shown more love to the game
Back to top Go down
ghoroob f3
Cerberus
Cerberus
ghoroob f3

Playstation Network AFN5-code

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am

I thought that most of people hate RE4 just because of Leon.I don`t like the story but
I still love RE4 more than other games
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 am

ghoroob f3 wrote:
I thought that most of people hate RE4 just because of Leon.I don`t like the story but
I still love RE4 more than other games
I like Leon too so... It's a win win game for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 am

I never got into any of the RE4 fanboyism. I don't think I have ever seen a conversation with RE4 fanboys. So I don't really have any annoyances with RE4 inside and out.

So, I'll still talk about it since it is, after all, the game that got me into the franchise, and may still be my favorite because of it's basically perfect gameplay and literally perfect controls. Not to mention the nostalgic charm it has on me. I just love the game through and through.

And you know what? Leon is pretty darn awesome. However, so is Chris, Rebecca, Wesker, Jill, Barry, Claire, Ada, and maybe even that poorly voiced guy that drove the truck in that one mission in RE5. And many others.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:21 am

For me it's the same with Leon as it is with RE4. I really like Leon, but the fact that he's so overrated and he gets all the attention ruins it for me.

I didn't care that RE4 wasn't scary anymore, but what I really missed were the puzzles. That's what I love in the old RE games. All the locked doors, the keys, combining items, etc. RE4 is really linear. So I don't agree with RE4 having perfect gameplay (REmake still rules in terms of gameplay IMO), and the controls are the same as the old games. But the camera has changed and is perfect now.
Back to top Go down
xExcel
Cerberus
Cerberus
xExcel

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:21 pm

ThomVD wrote:
For me it's the same with Leon as it is with RE4. I really like Leon, but the fact that he's so overrated and he gets all the attention ruins it for me.

I didn't care that RE4 wasn't scary anymore,
Two things regarding this post.(Nothing personal ThomVD, they're just points I feel need questioning)

Firstly, in regards to all of you saying you hate RE4/Leon because of how overrated they are....how can you honestly say that? I mean, it might make you think about how high of a pedestal you place it on, but it has nothing to do with the story/gameplay. I can honestly say that Leon being overrated does not raise/lower my opinion of him in any way at all. Then again, I guess it is all just about opinions and mindset... like the people who hate Justin Beiber SOLEY because alot of girls like him.(I'm not saying I like him btw, just using him to make a point)

Secondly, when was Resident Evil ever scary? RE4 didn't change anything, just made it more action oriented. It's like Gears of War. Some people think it's scary(for some reason...) but it's chock full of action.

Although I'm still wondering how your opinion of something can be changed JUST because of how much attention it gets...

(RANDUM EXAMPUL) Amnesia the Dark Descent is regarded by pretty much everyone who has ever played it to be the scariest(if not in the top 3) horror game ever made. But it being regarded as pretty much perfect(i.e-overrated) didn't make it any less awesome for me. Although I do feel that now, even Silent Hill will feel like a childrens game to me Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:25 am

xExcel wrote:
Firstly, in regards to all of you saying you hate RE4/Leon because of how overrated they are....how can you honestly say that? I mean, it might make you think about how high of a pedestal you place it on, but it has nothing to do with the story/gameplay. I can honestly say that Leon being overrated does not raise/lower my opinion of him in any way at all. Then again, I guess it is all just about opinions and mindset... like the people who hate Justin Beiber SOLEY because alot of girls like him.(I'm not saying I like him btw, just using him to make a point)
Not all of us. I still think highly of RE4 and Leon is still one of my favorite characters. I just think RE4 is overrated. This does not change my opinion of the game, just the attention it gets.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:11 am

xExcel wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I didn't care that RE4 wasn't scary anymore,
Two things regarding this post.(Nothing personal ThomVD, they're just points I feel need questioning)

I never said I hate Leon or RE4. Leon is cool and RE4 is an amazing game (least favorite doesn't mean it sucks). I like them just as much as I would if they didn't get all the attention, but I never show much love at forums or in the comments of a video on youtube, because they already get more love then they deserve.

xExcel wrote:

Secondly, when was Resident Evil ever scary? RE4 didn't change anything, just made it more action oriented. It's like Gears of War. Some people think it's scary(for some reason...) but it's chock full of action.

You're right about RE2,3 and CV. Those weren't scary either. REmake and RE1 were IMO. But I think the whole survival feeling is gone after RE4.

Why does everyone think I hate RE4 and Leon, when I've told everybody a million times I like them. I have completed RE4 like 8 times and have 3 versions of it. So to make it clear to everybody so that we won't have this discussion over and over again. I really really love RE4 and Leon, but I don't show it much because they already get too much attention.

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:32 am

Don't worry Thom, I feel the same way as you. But to make a point, when something is as overrated as RE4 and Leon S Kennedy (...ugh), it tends to saturate our brains. Everywhere we go, we see Leon and RE4. Even on this forum, Leon and RE4 is the most discussed subject I'm sure. Just look at this thread. Razz So after you are repeatedly exposed to a certain stimuli, you obviously start to become numb to it. That's what has happened with Leon and RE4 for me.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:35 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Don't worry Thom, I feel the same way as you. But to make a point, when something is as overrated as RE4 and Leon S Kennedy (...ugh), it tends to saturate our brains. Everywhere we go, we see Leon and RE4. Even on this forum, Leon and RE4 is the most discussed subject I'm sure. Just look at this thread. Razz So after you are repeatedly exposed to a certain stimuli, you obviously start to become numb to it. That's what has happened with Leon and RE4 for me.

Exactly! You explain it much better then me Smile .
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:01 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

I think that RE4 is agreat game that i find myself playing a lot but if a game is overated, thats not a reason for me to dislike it, it may be the case for you but not for me.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:06 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

I think that RE4 is agreat game that i find myself playing a lot but if a game is overated, thats not a reason for me to dislike it, it may be the case for you but not for me.

For the last time: I DO NOT dislike/hate RE4. It's a great game and I like it.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Like I said, I was never exposed to that fanboyism. So I still love the games and the character. Sorry.

It's kind of weird, though, why doesn't Wekser have a ton of fanboys? Or, at least so much that people mention it?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:05 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Like I said, I was never exposed to that fanboyism. So I still love the games and the character. Sorry.

You don't have to apologize for loving RE4. It's an amazing game and it's understandable that you love it especially if it's your first RE game. And I know you're not a fanboy.

So the conclusion of this thread: Nobody here hates RE4. For some (including me) it's their least favorite RE, because they prefer the old, slow paced, puzzle based RE gameplay over the new more action-oriented gameplay.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:08 pm

ThomVD wrote:

For some (including me) it's their least favorite RE, because they prefer the old, slow paced, puzzle based RE gameplay over the new more action-oriented gameplay.

yes, I agree on that, but in my ranking RE4 and RE5 are tied in the last place, in the main series ranking or course
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:12 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

For some (including me) it's their least favorite RE, because they prefer the old, slow paced, puzzle based RE gameplay over the new more action-oriented gameplay.

yes, I agree on that, but in my ranking RE4 and RE5 are tied in the last place, in the main series ranking or course

Yeah, but I liked the story of RE5 more then RE4, so that's why RE5 ranks higher for me. Plus RE5 had some unforgettable moments like the boss fight against Jill.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Haha. Poor Ravior. This is not a fascist forum. You need not apologize. Razz Wesker does have fanboys, but they differ from Leon fanboys. The Wesker fanboys are the ones who always say that RE will suck without Wesker and that he will come back from the dead again. They are the whole reason I put the link about Wesker's death in my sig.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Fascism is so 2000. Marxism is where it's at today. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did most of you hate RE4?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next