Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Story Behind Your Name

Go down 
+28
RebelliousQueen
PAULSAMSON
chrisredfield84
HUNK420
ChickenHeart
ChrisSherry
Godzilla90s
BiohazardNews
Bub537
Cyberote
Sargent D
S.Winters
Patronum1121
Methsia
Mcghie
BOBLATHON
ace.redfield
StellaLuna
GreggKennedy
chocotricks
Deagle50
charlieRE2
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
NiteKrawler
The Joker
Spike991
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:14 pm

That's exactly how I see Leon. An idol. Razz

Anyway, I hate camping. I grew up playing FPSs on the PC back in the day and camping was as taboo as incest. People just didn't do it. The reason? It is easy to camp and it gives the camper an advantage over other players, especially new ones. You can argue all day if that advantage is a fair one or not. I don't care. The reason I hate it is because it makes the game BORING. If I'm playing a FPS, I want to be shooting. Campers will just wait there all day. How is that fun? And I'm not going to try to go into their little killbox to try and nab them. If grenades are on or if I have explosives to work with, it's fine. But a camper runs on this assumption: There is usually only one way to them, and they are already aimed at the exact spot. So what happens? You run up, prepare yourself, and then get into that killbox and try to aim at them as best you can and hope to god you kill them, and you have to do it extremely quickly. Basically shooting from the hip. AND on top of that, they are almost always only showing the least little sliver of themselves so it's that much harder. Camping is stupid. I like to take an active part in my games. That is something campers do not do. FPSs used to be a gentleman's game. Now it has been cheapened by those who are too afraid to take an active part in the game because it may hurt their kill/death ratio. Shameful.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Camping is something that can absolutely make a game boring.

Screen-looking is another thing, but it's not really possible to not screen look...you can see stuff in your periphirals, etc.

That said, I'd find it hard to play online, not having an idea of where my opponent is. I could still do it, but it would be different.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:04 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Anyway, I hate camping. I grew up playing FPSs on the PC back in the day and camping was as taboo as incest. People just didn't do it. The reason? It is easy to camp and it gives the camper an advantage over other players, especially new ones. You can argue all day if that advantage is a fair one or not. I don't care. The reason I hate it is because it makes the game BORING. If I'm playing a FPS, I want to be shooting. Campers will just wait there all day. How is that fun? And I'm not going to try to go into their little killbox to try and nab them. If grenades are on or if I have explosives to work with, it's fine. But a camper runs on this assumption: There is usually only one way to them, and they are already aimed at the exact spot. So what happens? You run up, prepare yourself, and then get into that killbox and try to aim at them as best you can and hope to god you kill them, and you have to do it extremely quickly. Basically shooting from the hip. AND on top of that, they are almost always only showing the least little sliver of themselves so it's that much harder. Camping is stupid. I like to take an active part in my games. That is something campers do not do. FPSs used to be a gentleman's game. Now it has been cheapened by those who are too afraid to take an active part in the game because it may hurt their kill/death ratio. Shameful.
What exactly am I supposed to do when using a bolt-action sniper rifle, then? Dynamic entries and CQB? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:33 pm

I understand when snipers do it. Because when snipers do it, it's fair. They have to have skill and they focus more on what is going on around them, rather than sitting there with a machine gun waiting for someone to try to take them out. Plus they don't always get that first hit which allows the other player time to get a hit in.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:11 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I understand when snipers do it. Because when snipers do it, it's fair. They have to have skill and they focus more on what is going on around them, rather than sitting there with a machine gun waiting for someone to try to take them out. Plus they don't always get that first hit which allows the other player time to get a hit in.
It's also quite accurate to reality for those using support weapons to take a stationary firing position.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:32 pm

This is why I prefer to play more open games like Battlefield and Unreal Tournament. If someone camps, there are a billion ways to work around that. You can also just ignore them entirely because camping in those games equals just doing nothing. In CoD and MoH type FPS games, most of the time the only way to work around a camper is to just get a lucky hit in. No matter how skilled you are.
Back to top Go down
StellaLuna
Cerberus
Cerberus
StellaLuna

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:15 am

I've always liked the name "Stella" and the name "Luna", but I've never thougth of combining them together till I saw a shoestore with the same name. The shit there was expensive though, and I'd get shoes of the same quality from a department store so I've never bought anything. Laughing I'd always just use "Stellar[insert number variation]" for my usernames, but now I use StellaLuna.

Apparently, there's a character in Charlotte's Webb that has the name StellaLuna. Someone from an MMO told me. It's a spider... I think. I like spiders. So more reason to keep the name.

Terranova is also a nice name, which is from my favorite clothing store. K. That was totally random.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:39 pm

a nickname i'm tired to hear + redfield... that simple.. not good with names
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Okie dokie... I will try and explain mine. Its a dumbass mistake on my part that I made when I was fifteen years old. We were in summer school talking about bands. I was drunk... He said "Liberation By Blood" I heard "Liberation Boblathon".. I have used it as an alias for everything I do since... It's always my username, gamertag, etc... It's meant to sound like one word.. BOBLA THON would be the best way to say it, although I have used it as a pseudonym "Bob Lathon" said like "BOB LAYTHON" from time to time.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
when I was fifteen years old. I was drunk...
Back to top Go down
StellaLuna
Cerberus
Cerberus
StellaLuna

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm

I drink too. But never to the point of drunkenness. And never when my parents are around. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:23 pm

To me, there is no point in drinking alcohol unless you get drunk. Getting drunk is the only reward for tasting that nasty crap.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Yeah yeah yeah... I was a bit of a teenage hellion. Hey it was summer school... A buddy used to raid his dads stash and mix up vodka in different 20oz drinks and we would pass em around during class.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 2:16 am

the more i get drunk the more i hate getting drunk drunken
Back to top Go down
StellaLuna
Cerberus
Cerberus
StellaLuna

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

Quote :
To me, there is no point in drinking alcohol unless you get drunk. Getting drunk is the only reward for tasting that nasty crap.
Well... The times when I get ahold of alcohol, I can't really afford to get drunk. Its always either I'm in a club with a random date my friend set up with people I barely know cus all my friends chickened out at the last second (Thanks alot Rolling Eyes) Or my parents are picking me up after the party and I'll be damned if I get in the car smashed. I'll be grounded for life.

Ah... Summer school. I just finished mine. I think it's easier to list the summers where I didn't have to attend it. Laughing (Well, okay. Not really. I had good grades in grade school... Wish I could say the same for High School. Hah.)
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 am

StellaLuna wrote:
Quote :
Well... The times when I get ahold of alcohol, I can't really afford to get drunk. Its always either I'm in a club with a random date my friend set up with people I barely know cus all my friends chickened out at the last second (Thanks alot Rolling Eyes) Or my parents are picking me up after the party and I'll be damned if I get in the car smashed. I'll be grounded for life.

Ah... Summer school. I just finished mine. I think it's easier to list the summers where I didn't have to attend it. Laughing (Well, okay. Not really. I had good grades in grade school... Wish I could say the same for High School. Hah.)
yawn!! now that's a boring life lol! good thing i'm legal... i have a good freedom
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Getting drunk where I live is something you start to do when you hit 14 lol. Its a way of life here.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Ha. Barber would drink us all under the table.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:00 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Getting drunk where I live is something you start to do when you hit 14 lol. Its a way of life here.
I drunk my first shot of vodka around 12.But vodka is probably the equivalent Zima in Ireland.I hear some of the stuff over ther can fuck you up really bad.Any German people here? drunken
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Speaking of drinking did anyone see President Obama and the first lady having a pint of Guiness in Ireland last week?

Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 Obama-Guinness

That is how its done.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:41 pm

That pic makes me proud to live in America.Even though I'm Canadian.Haha
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Deagle50 wrote:

That "man" is the first Democrat to be president in my voting lifetime... This is also the worst shape I have ever seen this country in, in my voting lifetime. I see him as an embarrassment to America.

God, don't get me started on politics.

What a bumbling idiot... OOOHHHH, A Guiness in Ireland. How clever.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:22 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:

That "man" is the first Democrat to be president in my voting lifetime... This is also the worst shape I have ever seen this country in, in my voting lifetime. I see him as an embarrassment to America.

Sounds like you need a Guiness,or elephant tranquilizer.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Deagle50 wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:

Sounds like you need a Guiness,or elephant tranquilizer.

What I need is for that fucktard not to be President anymore.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:59 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:

As Obama said, we keep the best stuff for ourselves. The Guiness you drink around the world is plastic. Ireland is where the real stuff is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind Your Name   Story Behind Your Name - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Story Behind Your Name
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next