Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE Game With The Best Story?

Go down 
+24
MSR
Industrial Ridden
JPHERO
Mister Albert Wesker
Venoym
DXP
Mcghie
The Knife
Evil Rage42
SWITCHMYND
RebelliousQueen
RE Psycho
DeadlyGenetics
00biohazard
Jill Sandwich
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Outbreakgirl
ThomVD
NiteKrawler
weskersbarber
PAULSAMSON
Valentine Fan
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

RE Game With The Best Story? Empty
PostSubject: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Which game, in your opinion, had the most gripping or entertaining story out of the entire series?

My Opinion: RE 1/REmake- What can really be said? It's the game that started the entire series, and although it had its ups and downs (Cheesy dialogue, I'm looking at you...), it can be extremely entertaining. The characters were well-written, and most of the time, their actions were completely believeable (To me anyway). Its the game that got me into Resident Evil, and its still a game I go back to alot.

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:30 pm

If it wasn't for the dialogs, I'd say RE2, but overall, I think Remake
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 pm

It has to be down to the Original/Remake. Remake because of the additional storylines involving the Trevor family which was superb. Overall a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 am

1/REmake
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:28 am

Can't choose between RE1/REmake or CVX.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:03 am

I don't know about you guys, I like Code Veronica/X
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:43 am

It's REmake for me-- I like the atmosphere as Chris and even as Jill
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 am

Either 1, 3 or 5.

I'm leaning towards 3 as that's my favorite in the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:15 am

They all have really bad stories if you ask me.

Revelations may be the best story since its written by the guy who did Cowboy Bebop.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:01 am

I thought I was the only one Mercy. RE is great for the characters and game play but storywise, it's not really on a mind blowing level. I'm not saying the story sucks, but it's not good either.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 am

Excluding the gameplay and the trolls screaming IT'S NOT HORROR resident evil 5 had a pretty good story (compared to the other game's stories)
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

Mercy wrote:
They all have really bad stories if you ask me.

Revelations may be the best story since its written by the guy who did Cowboy Bebop.

Nah Revelations had one of the weakest story's of the main series games imo.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:35 am

The original started it all but I love CVX.

And at least it's not over used or anything. ... Sorta.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 pm

For me it's a toss-up between 1,REmake and 2
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 pm

What's not to like on the stories? I mean, they're all good. But I will never forget, "Barry and the Jill Sandwich." Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:50 pm

I haven't played them all but from what I have played so far I would pic re zero.
Back to top Go down
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm

It's a tough decision between The Original and Code Veronica X. Th plots were both really well thought out.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 pm

RE5 was pretty cool. For me, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 pm

The Knife wrote:
RE5 was pretty cool. For me, anyway.
I just kind of wih I knew what was going on. There was no real goal until the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 pm

My love for the older games make me want to choose RE2 or RE1 (especially the REmake due to it being much darker) but if I have to perfectly honest RE5 truly had the best storyline in the series.
The gameplay wasn't the best but the storyline was perfect and I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Mcghie wrote:
My love for the older games make me want to choose RE2 or RE1 (especially the REmake due to it being much darker) but if I have to perfectly honest RE5 truly had the best storyline in the series.

Not trying to judge you, but could you explain that opinion a little more? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like parts of RE5 (....ok, mainly one, the part where Chris rescues Jill), so I'm just wanting to hear a more elaborate explanation.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Not trying to judge you, but could you explain that opinion a little more? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like parts of RE5 (....ok, mainly one, the part where Chris rescues Jill), so I'm just wanting to hear a more elaborate explanation.

To be honest there's nothing to explain, it is was it is and that is an amazing storyline.
It had character, atmosphere, tension and something that gripped your attention through out.
We got to learn about the loose ends that where left like what happened to chris, jill etc but it brought a even bigger plot twisting conclusion to it all.
Even when you first so that the crow lady was jill you where like jill evil ? what has been going on.
You also learn deep into Wesker's true plot and the DLC content took you into the story of Wesker murdering spencer and how wesker controlled jill.
It was the only Resident Evil title to have such a deep and adventurous storyline to it and I can say I was fairly impressed.
The gameplay wasn't to hot but what made me keep on playing is so I could unveil more of the story, it had that certain addiction to see find out more.
Which what makes a good storyline, much like the same as what makes a good book.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

To be honest there's nothing to explain, it is was it is and that is an amazing storyline.
It had character, atmosphere, tension and something that gripped your attention through out.
We got to learn about the loose ends that where left like what happened to chris, jill etc but it brought a even bigger plot twisting conclusion to it all.
Even when you first so that the crow lady was jill you where like jill evil ? what has been going on.
You also learn deep into Wesker's true plot and the DLC content took you into the story of Wesker murdering spencer and how wesker controlled jill.
It was the only Resident Evil title to have such a deep and adventurous storyline to it and I can say I was fairly impressed.
The gameplay wasn't to hot but what made me keep on playing is so I could unveil more of the story, it had that certain addiction to see find out more.
Which what makes a good storyline, much like the same as what makes a good book.

I agree with Mcghie. And taking the route of including BSAA teams, new characters and everything really gave it a more raw, real feeling. The only character we knew was invoved (at the beginning) was Chris, and seeing him invoved in the situations that happen at the beginning of the game really keep it a character driven and a down to business sort of story (more realistic, and less animeish cliche crap that japanese companies love doing, except the bird mask, that was pretty anime-ish)which is important for a story like RE which has so much fantasy in it. And then seeing that what was apparently a basic op in Kijuju unwraps into a fight for your life quest to stop you oldest enemy and save your ally is incredible, which throws in the nostalgia element for those of us that have been with these characters since the beginning. I really loved the storyline, the gameplay was alright, but storywise, RE5 has a more grown up plot than the others.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:50 am

00biohazard wrote:
except the bird mask, that was pretty anime-ish
Though I agree with everything said, I must argue this point. The so called "bird mask", and the whole garb, is the outfit plague doctors used back in the 14th century. No anime connections there and I think it was kinda fitting considering everything that was going on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:53 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
except the bird mask, that was pretty anime-ish
Though I agree with everything said, I must argue this point. The so called "bird mask", and the whole garb, is the outfit plague doctors used back in the 14th century. No anime connections there.

RE Game With The Best Story? Char_doctor

And I LOVE japanese style games. They are my favorites. In Japan, game companies really know how to tell a story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE Game With The Best Story?   RE Game With The Best Story? Empty

Back to top Go down

RE Game With The Best Story?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next