HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?

Go down 
+9
Evil Rage42
The Joker
Jamesy
Spike991
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
NiteKrawler
Neotris
badgonegood
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
badgonegood
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
badgonegood

Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:54 pm

A lot of RE fans are growing up. It isn't 1998 anymore, and chances are the story line, characters, zombie pop culture, as well as zombies in the mainstream media will adapt with the times. So what do you see the zombies in the future of Resident Evil being capable of?
Back to top Go down
Neotris
Zombie
Zombie
Neotris

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:48 pm

badgonegood wrote:
A lot of RE fans are growing up. It isn't 1998 anymore, and chances are the story line, characters, zombie pop culture, as well as zombies in the mainstream media will adapt with the times. So what do you see the zombies in the future of Resident Evil being capable of?

Far 2 tough to answer man but honestly I think that the series will retire or hell maybe even do a reboot. Zombies been around for a very long time dood and its iconic and doubt we'll see them disappear...... SIR U HAVE RACKED MY BRAIN!!! 1998....damn has it been that long already.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:36 am

Neo is right. Zombies aren't known for changing. Thee idea of them has been around for nearly as long as humans I assume. I see Resident Evil doing a reboot before 10 years. Like, just restarting everything and making it even more dark than it used to be. Seems that is what the trend is these days.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:38 am

Completely unrelated To the topic but Nite what are the new rankings?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:39 am

Look in the announcements thread.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:04 am

RE in 10 years? Hmm... After a few sequels and spin-offs, I'm seeing a reboot. The staff at Capcom has been talking about a reboot so I could see it happening.

Damn... 1998... It's been a long time...

Come to think of it, in 5 years RE will turn 20.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Dark, reboot type stuff likely.

Also, zombies are known for changing.

If you look at the earliest zombies in film, they used to be more like mind controlled people, and stuff like that. Before they were the undead, brain eating variety.

Of course I think in the past several years, they have had another change. Things like V-Acts(Crimson Heads from REmake), 28 Days Later & that Dawn Of The Dead remake, have all introduced a new type of zombie, a more scary, faster, more vicious kind.

I'm sure we'll get something else in the future.

Oh, and the Las Plagas infectees are essentially playing a zombie type role. More like the earlier ones that I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Spike, I think those zombie types have always been around. I wasn't speaking of just media. But zombie lore from the ooooold days.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:46 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike, I think those zombie types have always been around. I wasn't speaking of just media. But zombie lore from the ooooold days.

Oh. I guess I was talking about the media, in particular, RE as well.

As far as RE goes, I'm sure we'll see some more changes though.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:56 pm

LOL even the spencer castle incident which took place in 2006 is getting to be a long time now. so who knows what things will be like in 10 years from now.......

oh yeah only 7 years to go untill its been 20 years since the mansion incident Shocked
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:51 pm

You think Chris plays xbox or play station or maybe even wii? lol
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't know, but I hope it doesnt turn out the same way as some of it's siblings from the PS days

I think Las plagas, are more like a Vodoo zombie, which in retrospect was the first zombie ever really mentioned.

A zombie has a few definitions

A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, esp. in certain African and Caribbean religions

Originally, a snake-deity of or deriving from West Africa and Haiti.

So it is kind of cool to see the Vodoo kind of Zombie make a its mark on mainstream entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:30 pm

The Joker wrote:
I don't know, but I hope it doesnt turn out the same way as some of it's siblings from the PS days

I think Las plagas, are more like a Vodoo zombie, which in retrospect was the first zombie ever really mentioned.

A zombie has a few definitions

A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, esp. in certain African and Caribbean religions

Originally, a snake-deity of or deriving from West Africa and Haiti.

So it is kind of cool to see the Vodoo kind of Zombie make a its mark on mainstream entertainment.

I completely agree. I love the way the Las Plagas infectees were initially shown. I think they got a lot of hate at first, because most people saw it as, "They aren't zombies", but they are really cool in their own right, and not all that different anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:43 pm

IF anything they are more like Zombies than the other ones.

What we think of as Zombies, used to be what Vampires where like in stories.

Vampires used to be classified as dead creatures, that walked the earth thoughtlessly consuming human blood/flesh
and zombies were people who were brought back, by a shaman and commanded to do what the shaman wanted.

It's strange to see how vampires changed, same with zombies haha

I like the Las plagas to be honest. I like how they can still think for themselves but not enough to actually question what they are doing. Like an older zombie
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:00 pm

The Joker wrote:
IF anything they are more like Zombies than the other ones.

What we think of as Zombies, used to be what Vampires where like in stories.

Vampires used to be classified as dead creatures, that walked the earth thoughtlessly consuming human blood/flesh
and zombies were people who were brought back, by a shaman and commanded to do what the shaman wanted.

It's strange to see how vampires changed, same with zombies haha

I like the Las plagas to be honest. I like how they can still think for themselves but not enough to actually question what they are doing. Like an older zombie

Yep. I do like Las Plagas, and just the enemies we face in RE4, and even RE5. I do think I'm getting a bit tired of them though.

I find fighting the Majini in RE5, more annoying nowadays....extremely annoying, going back to my Do You Get Along With Your Games thread.

That said, we should probably take a breat from them.

Crimson Heads have been teased enough.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Crimson heads where my favorites.
I remember how terrified I was when I first saw them... pale

But Plagas/Manji are still interesting to me
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:05 pm

The Joker wrote:
Crimson heads where my favorites.
I remember how terrified I was when I first saw them... pale

But Plagas/Manji are still interesting to me

I thought the Ganados were awesome. Majini had some really cool things that made them really cool too. I love the way their mouths open, I liked the way they used a more mature Las Plagas, rather than injected it into someone, it was orally forced into them. The difference in infection time was huge, about 10 or so seconds, versus....well how long was it for Leon? He had enough time to get rid of it.

Crimsons are so cool, and that is what I think everyone wants. I was truly suprised that they weren't the enemies in RE5. Remember the first trailer, it looked like it could have been Crimsons...
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:10 pm

I really hope the T-virus zombies/crimson heads are not dead with the series.

I agree that the mature Plagas was a little more useful haha

Leon had it for like what...12 hours?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:12 pm

The Joker wrote:
I really hope the T-virus zombies/crimson heads are not dead with the series.

I agree that the mature Plagas was a little more useful haha

Leon had it for like what...12 hours?

Pretty much til the end of RE4. It was a great part of the story in RE4 though, and I wouldn't mind something like that happening again, being infected that is. Like in the Outbreaks as well, if you've played those.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Never got the chance to I want to very badly though.

It wasn't really until the end if you want to get into it, but it was just about the end I guess.

I mean in the game time he must have had it for a long ass time, and it still did not mature enough to turn him haha
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Well since Revelations has zombies maybe there will be crimsons
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:25 pm

The Joker wrote:
Never got the chance to I want to very badly though.

It wasn't really until the end if you want to get into it, but it was just about the end I guess.

I mean in the game time he must have had it for a long ass time, and it still did not mature enough to turn him haha

If you got near the end, then you probably remember him taking pills to slow down the process right?

Similarly in Outbreak, you can take different Anti-Virus pills to stop the infection temporarily. In those games, you are infected, and will die, giving you a timer to finish each scenario. I liked the infection idea, as well as being able to temporarily postpone it, very cool.

That should make a return.

@Choco, RER seems like it will have zombies, yes, but it would be a bit presumptious to assume it has Crimsons.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Eh you never know :3

Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Yeah I remember near the end getting the pills
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:39 pm

The Joker wrote:
Yeah I remember near the end getting the pills
Spoiler:

Wait, did you say you didn't complete RE4? As that was right before the final boss fight, literally.

@Choco, that's what I'm saying, we don't know. I hope so, but we can't say definately, with a straight face and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?   Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you see Resident Evil's story 10 years from now?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next