Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE 2 remake?

Go down 
+12
PAULSAMSON
Cyberote
ThomVD
ZombiePrincess
BOBLATHON
Spike991
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Mcghie
ace.redfield
chocotricks
Alfred Ashford
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should Capcom remake Resident Evil 2?
Yes
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap94%RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 94% [ 16 ]
No
RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:58 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ha! I saw that part. Apparently, his knife is actually a part of his body.

It's just a little thing. In DSC, you probabl saw this in the cutscenes, when he gets shot by Annette, and Ada bandages him up, the knife is gone, which looked more appropriate, despite the bloody bandages....well I don't know where I'm going with this, but yeah, it shouldn't be there...DAMN YOU RE4 Mercs. And Leon's alternate attire for the story mode.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:19 am

The car Leon is driving in the ORC trailer isn't an 18-wheeler, it's the SUV he was driving in the opening of RE2. I double checked the part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Yeah he pulls up in a SUV that looks the spitting image of a JEEP
Also that scene from RE2 were he stops at the dead boy lying on the road is, by the looks of it , getting re-done again
in RE ORC, well so it looks by the teaser trailer
So it will be interesting to see what parts of RE2 will be in this game Smile
Although this better not be a cheap attempt of a RE2 remake like DSC was, It better be cannon to the series or I will lose my head Evil or Very Mad lol
Capcom just want to start on remaking RE2 sometime soon, it bugs me how they wont listen to original RE fans Crying or Very sad
I dont care how the want the series to continue or what reboot there giving it , I just want them to give us a good RE2 remake since the game was one of the greats along with RE1 and 3 Smile
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Also that scene from RE2 were he stops at the dead boy lying on the road is, by the looks of it , getting re-done again
Although this better not be a cheap attempt of a RE2 remake like DSC was, It better be cannon to the series or I will lose my head Evil or Very Mad lol
Capcom just want to start on remaking RE2 sometime soon, it bugs me how they wont listen to original RE fans Crying or Very sad
I dont care how the want the series to continue or what reboot there giving it , I just want them to give us a good RE2 remake since the game was one of the greats along with RE1 and 3 Smile

i thought that was a jeep when i was a child.
but as long as we get bathrooms and an ada scenario then we're cool here.

though i agree that RE2 is a bit overrated like re4...

does leon have to do with any this? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:35 am

@Mcghie: Operation Raccoon City won't be canon or at least some of the endings (if it has multiple) won't be as you are able to kill the original survivors in the game.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:18 am

ace.redfield wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

NO! are you mad? RE2 isn't overrated Shocked LOL
Why are you obessed with bathrooms Razz ?

@Mass I thought cannon meant spin off lol
Yeah That's what I was meaning like a spin off not a game that is part of main story lol
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:31 am

Mcghie wrote:

leon and claire has to pee... lol!

(that gave me an idea of Resident evil sims version ) lol!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:34 am

Mcghie wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Yeah That's what I was meaning like a spin off not a game that is part of main story lol
Canon means something that officially takes part in the main series' storyline, like Survivor.
RE2 is a bit overrated (out of the old games) although being one of the best in the series (in my opinion).

@ace: Leon plays a prominent role in this game as either an enemy or an ally depending on which side you play. At least from what I have gathered.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:46 am

so talking about leon's role... if there was no leon, RE2's claire could have still made it out the city though harder, and ada could finish her mission boringly.. then in CVX claire wouldn't meet up with chris ( Sad ).. and RE4 could have been someone else, maybe chris...

no, leon is no biggie in the games maybe 20% of the game is made up of leon, whereas jill and chris leads the story
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:16 am

20% is big enough for me, besides I liked Ark's role. And without Leon he would never have gone to Sheena Island.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Canon means something that officially takes part in the main series' storyline, like Survivor.
RE2 is a bit overrated (out of the old games) although being one of the best in the series (in my opinion).

@ace: Leon plays a prominent role in this game as either an enemy or an ally depending on which side you play. At least from what I have gathered.

okay I get it now and I dont see RE2 as overrated in my opinion but I do think it is the best game in the series
On the other hand I see Leon as an overrated character though lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Mcghie wrote:

okay I get it now and I dont see RE2 as overrated in my opinion but I do think it is the best game in the series

RE2 is a bit overatted, not too much, but it's getting there. RE4 is undeniably overrated, but it also get's a lot of shit from people complaining about dumb stuff, so it almost balances out.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

RE2 is a bit overatted, not too much, but it's getting there. RE4 is undeniably overrated, but it also get's a lot of shit from people complaining about dumb stuff, so it almost balances out.

This... and I'm one of those RE4 shit givers and known Leon "The "S" stands for Scott" Kennedy haters. Mad

I wouldn't mind seeing it remade as long as they don't go too damn over the top in story additions. Pretty it up, make it awesome, but stay tasteful on the story. Oh, and have Leon die at the end, thus negating RE4 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

This... and I'm one of those RE4 shit givers and known Leon "The "S" stands for Scott" Kennedy haters. Mad

I wouldn't mind seeing it remade as long as they don't go too damn over the top in story additions. Pretty it up, make it awesome, but stay tasteful on the story. Oh, and have Leon die at the end, thus negating RE4 Very Happy

I think you can probably give first hand experience of how some of the little things that people hated about RE4, really get some caught up in hating the entire product. I mean I made several referrences that you were able to appreciate looking back at the game right?

Now that I think about it, I feel like Leon's personality might be changed a bit in the RE2 REmake....perhaps they'd make him the Leon "S" Kennedy that most of us dislike. The know-it-all guy.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Spike991 wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I think you can probably give first hand experience of how some of the little things that people hated about RE4, really get some caught up in hating the entire product. I mean I made several referrences that you were able to appreciate looking back at the game right?

Now that I think about it, I feel like Leon's personality might be changed a bit in the RE2 REmake....perhaps they'd make him the Leon "S" Kennedy that most of us dislike. The know-it-all guy.

No doubt. I have said before that Resident Evil 4 would have been a GREAT game by any other name. Also, what gets me, being an old fart and getting in on the first game, was the amount of people who jumped on the bandwagon with RE2 and RE4. While its great that more people love and play the games (which means we all get more RE titles) those that came along because of those games tend to turn into HARDCORE Leon fanboys.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:39 pm

I don't get Leon fanboys though. I mean...Leon is just a ridiculously downgraded Dante.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I don't get Leon fanboys though. I mean...Leon is just a ridiculously downgraded Dante.

Or a slightly upgraded anal wart. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:42 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:

No doubt. I have said before that Resident Evil 4 would have been a GREAT game by any other name. Also, what gets me, being an old fart and getting in on the first game, was the amount of people who jumped on the bandwagon with RE2 and RE4. While its great that more people love and play the games (which means we all get more RE titles) those that came along because of those games tend to turn into HARDCORE Leon fanboys.

Some pros and cons for sure. I mean RE4 ushered in a whole batch of new fans, but it also sort of ruined a certain character for many, that being Leon.

All the negetive, the big negative things that is, opinions that I have about the series didn't start with RE4, but after it, UC, RE5, etc.

RE4 was the last game made by Hideo Kojima, and I think it shows in a lot of ways. I'm pretty sure he left because he didn't want RE4 ported onto the ps2.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:55 pm

I think he left because RE4 didn't turn out the way he wanted it to. Remember that the producer of any media has the most power. That was Jun Takeuchi. Who recently left the gaming industry because...he hated making games. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:56 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I think he left because RE4 didn't turn out the way he wanted it to. Remember that the producer of any media has the most power. That was Jun Takeuchi. Who recently left the gaming industry because...he hated making games. Go figure.

Possibly. RE4 had some major changes, comparing the final product to RE4's Beta.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:58 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

I could see that. I know it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I had waited and waited for RE4, hearing about the new gameplay, amazing graphics, returning characters etc... I popped it in and 30 minutes later was like "What the hell is this?" I think someone wanted a more commercially successful game rather than a game to cater to the already firmly established RE fans.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I could see that. I know it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I had waited and waited for RE4, hearing about the new gameplay, amazing graphics, returning characters etc... I popped it in and 30 minutes later was like "What the hell is this?" I think someone wanted a more commercially successful game rather than a game to cater to the already firmly established RE fans.

Do you think someone had intended for it to be commercially succesful. I mean the gameplay, the OTS camera, seemed like a test, like they were just trying something new, and they have for a long time. Survivor, Dead Aim, Outbreak, Gaiden, they have been trying new stuff for awhile. It almost seems like they were just as suprised as some of us at how popular, and how much people liked the OTS camera.

I think it could have gone the other way entirely, people hating, or just disliking, perhaps being indifferent to the OTS, and it probably wouldn't have been thought of any more highly than the Survivor Series or Outbreaks or anything else.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:22 pm

They may have been surprised at how well RE4 did, but they kept the OTS camera because of how commercially successful it was. That's my problem with gaming today. The most commercially successful games are not usually the ones I like. CoD, Halo, Gears of War, just the games that are mind numbingly repetitive and action based. Because those games are so successful because of the stupid mindless masses, it really does hurt gaming as a whole. Look at RE5. Do you really think it would have had as much action and crappy cover system shenanigans as it did if CoD and all the other crappy FPS tard games weren't so popular? The gaming world is super saturated with FPS games and it just shows. You are hard pressed to find any games that don't have some aspect of this need for action and first person crap in them. That's why I like my Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Batman, GTA, etc. They focus more on story and gameplay and less on instant gratification and that is how games should be. /rant
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Personally I don't mind the OTS angel like sure it's not classic resident evil but hey it works right? Like I remember playing RE2 and fighting birkin in his *dog* form and running to the end of the room and the camera would jump directly to me only and id be like WTF and so Id have to shoot randomly. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I disliked the birds eye view I loved it, it's just everything has it's problems here and there. RE5 was a good game too it was just a bit too shooter...y. I also agree with Nite everything is a shooter now days, story is where it's at Very Happy. I never played elder scrolls or batman though dont like GTA and Assassins Creed was okay only bet the first one still need to beat the 2nd and 3rd ...I wouldnt play this first one again though lol. Side note I'm playing Bayonetta now and I think it fucking kicks ass lol
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Choco: Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood is so much better than AC1. I liked AC1 but it did get repetitive. The others are not repetitive. You should get them ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE 2 remake?    RE 2 remake?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE 2 remake?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next