HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced

Go down 
+15
mansionman
Alfred Ashford
ace.redfield
NicemanCandy
Spike991
Mcghie
Soul
Methodical
NiteKrawler
mika2468TV
Neotris
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
MatParker116
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Here's a preview from my favorite gaming news site: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-previews/496.html

From the looks of the gameplay in there, it looks like it may be semi-linear like L4D. If I had to guess anyway.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Quote :
HResident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is scheduled to arrive later this year for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Notice we couldn’t bring ourselves to put “Survival/Horror” as the Genre.

OMG OMG OMG... it's not scary but it's in raccoon city.. i'll just put in mind that it's a joke Laughing

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

Playstation Network NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Well as long as there's a dark atmosphere and more of a purpose than just wiping out survivors, then I'm sure it'll be an exciting and fresh experience for the franchise. My only problem with its concept is that it may feel too similar to 'Dead Rising' and dare I say it, 'SOCOM' with zombies. Hopefully the story is interesting and the gameplay and control scheme is unique and efficient, but if it's as short as previous Resident Evil titles then I don't see the lasting appeal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:38 pm

NicemanCandy wrote:
Well as long as there's a dark atmosphere and more of a purpose than just wiping out survivors, then I'm sure it'll be an exciting and fresh experience for the franchise. My only problem with its concept is that it may feel too similar to 'Dead Rising' and dare I say it, 'SOCOM' with zombies. Hopefully the story is interesting and the gameplay and control scheme is unique and efficient, but if it's as short as previous Resident Evil titles then I don't see the lasting appeal.

If anything, the story will surely be the saving grace. I mean honestly, when you(general, anybody and everybody here) got into RE, was it the gameplay, or the story that dragged you in?

Story, so hopefully that stays true.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 pm

well it should be.. i don't want leon-action-fanboys from RE4 again... story is always IMPORTANT (to the fans of OTS kids please understand what i'm saying)
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 am

The problem is that this is a spin-off and can be appropriately considered as non-canon, which could also mean that the story won't be all that interesting in comparison to the main titles in the series, and in my opinion its formula will be very straightforward and will ignore going in-depth with its plot.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm

It may just have to be one of those fun multiplayer/party games. Like L4D.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:06 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
It may just have to be one of those fun multiplayer/party games. Like L4D.

Yeah, I guess you're right. If anything, it seems as if it will be a different but very fun experience, that is if the character animations aren't stiff and the gameplay and controls are unique, because I doubt the story will be the main focus this time around.

Check this new trailer out: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/04/14/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-trailer
I'm not too keen on being able to punch and kick the zombies, because in my opinion it conflicts with the 'realism' aspect. Why would you want to smack a zombie in its mouth and risk getting bitten/infected? With that said, this game is already looking awesome.

Things I didn't like
- Stiff animations
- Minor resemblance to Dead Rising
- Emphasis on survival seems to be absent
- We didn't see Nemesis...

Things I did like
- Mr X
- Team-orientated gameplay
- Raccoon City
- Leon dies (or so it seems)

I would like to know if we will be able to explore the interiors of buildings such as R.P.D or Kendo Gun Shop, because at the moment there is no information or trailers stating an answer to this.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:51 pm

The animations being so stiff is one thing I disliked as well. It may be more fluid when it releases though.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:00 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
The animations being so stiff is one thing I disliked as well. It may be more fluid when it releases though.
That's true, apparently the development process is only at 50% so far.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Does anyone else agree that Spectre should be the stealthy one and that Vector should be the tech one? I mean, what the hell? Actually...None of them should have a cloaking device. That's just dumb. It's 1998. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:22 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Does anyone else agree that Spectre should be the stealthy one and that Vector should be the tech one? I mean, what the hell? Actually...None of them should have a cloaking device. That's just dumb. It's 1998. But whatever.

I would have preferred ordinary mercenaries rather than an elite squad with high-tech weaponry at their disposal, mainly for the purpose of bringing back survival gameplay, but maybe that would be too boring.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:44 pm

So the game is noncabon right or is it noncabon with some parts being canon or could it be canon aside from killing Leon
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm

We aren't really sure. Capcom might clarify at some point.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 am

Remember that we also should have two playable factions with different goals. That means we'll propably see different endings out of which some are canon and some not. Of course the storyline where Leon dies is going to be noncanon but anyway, we as fans are propably able to tell which one are canon or not. Who knows, maybe the game'll even let us on something new.

Btw. that trailer kinda spoiled a lot of stuff Very Happy Maybe there are other targets like Jill and Rebecca?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:07 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Remember that we also should have two playable factions with different goals.

I read that playing as another faction is only available on multiplayer, as two factions engage in combat for the purpose of experience points etc. Which means that the singleplayer mode is played entirely from the perspective of Umbrella (the enemy), but I have also read that you will be able to protect certain figureheads instead of killing them, which has confused me...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am

NicemanCandy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Remember that we also should have two playable factions with different goals.

I read that playing as another faction is only available on multiplayer, as two factions engage in combat for the purpose of experience points etc. Which means that the singleplayer mode is played entirely from the perspective of Umbrella (the enemy), but I have also read that you will be able to protect certain figureheads instead of killing them, which has confused me...
Oh... Well, crap. And yes, that is really confusing O.o Like... who would Umbrella want to protect? Irons?
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh... Well, crap. And yes, that is really confusing O.o Like... who would Umbrella want to protect? Irons?

I've already said this, but I would have preferred to have played as Umbrella Mercenaries, because moral choices would have been understood more appropriately as they would have been given a specific objective, but that doesn't mean they can help/assist or kill survivors along the way, where as the USS are ruthless soldiers trained to kill and follow orders with no questions asked (Umbrella loyalists).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:45 am

Yeah, I would've preferred the UBCS (if you meant them by Umbrella mercs). As for USS I've never cared much about them aside from HUNK.

You sure got a point there, I would never imagine the USS having to struggle with moral choices.

"This is war. Survival is YOUR responsibility."
-HUNK
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, I think there is only the one faction in single player. In multiplayer you get 1 point for killing zombies and 10 for enemy targets.

Last edited by NiteKrawler on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 am

UBCS, that's what I meant haha! I hope HUNK is in this game, his character is more or less still a mystery. Nemesis should also play an important role as an enemy boss, and the Nemesis theme should play each time you encounter him!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:26 am

I sure hope the Nemesis and the STARS members are present in this game.

And HUNK, of course.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:35 am

It'd be sweet if the reason only HUNK survived the Birkin attack in the sewers was because this band of mercs lead Birkin away. Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am

It'd be sweet if this game revealed anything on the actual canon.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 pm

I doubt it will have a thrilling or engaging story as it is already being presented as non-canon, as you can either kill or 'assist' the major characters of the series. Remember that there was no encounters with this 'elite squad' of USS during actual gameplay in Resident evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, so if anything, this game will just be allot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next