HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced

Go down 
+15
mansionman
Alfred Ashford
ace.redfield
NicemanCandy
Spike991
Mcghie
Soul
Methodical
NiteKrawler
mika2468TV
Neotris
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
MatParker116
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MatParker116
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

http://uk.kotaku.com/5785388/join-the-umbrella-corporation-in-resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city

Quote :
Slip into the uniform of a member of a crack Umbrella Security Services squad member tasked with cleaning up both the zombies and the survivors of the original T-virus outbreak in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, a new title on the way from former SOCOM developer Slant Six Games.

Back in November of last year, a leaked document forwarded to Kotaku suggested that Slant Six Games of SOCOM: Confrontation fame had been tapped by Capcom to take the Resident Evil franchise in an entirely new direction. Now the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine confirms those suggestions, and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is heading to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this winter.

Considering Slant Six's pedigree, the story of Operation Raccoon City makes perfect sense. Rather than one character against a horde of mutated zombies, players will become a member of the Umbrella Security Services. Their job? Contain the zombie outbreak; eliminate any survivors. It's a very dark game, giving fans of the series a fresh perspective on the events that occurred in Resident Evil 2 and 3.

The USS team will consist of Vector, Beltway, Bertha, and Spectre, with each character having a specific part to play in the narrative.

The USS forces will also find themselves at odds with the U.S. Special Forces, creating three-point battles between military groups and the infected hordes.

While gamers don't have to be familiar with the series to play Operation Raccoon City, those that are will visit familiar places, see some familiar faces, and possibly even change the future of the Resident Evil series by shooting those familiar faces until they stop moving. It seems Capcom is letting Slant Six run loose with game canon, and characters like Leon Kennedy are not guaranteed to survive the experience.

Hit up the link below to read more features of the upcoming game, or pick up the May issue of the Official Xbox Magazine for the full report.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:22 pm

After a long period of inactivity on the resident evil front, it seems Capcom have gotten there ass into gear and must be working on about 6 resident evil titles at the minute. Revelations, Mercenaries, Portable, Damnation, Revival Selection and probably RE6 too.
Back to top Go down
MatParker116
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:24 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
After a long period of inactivity on the resident evil front, it seems Capcom have gotten there ass into gear and must be working on about 6 resident evil titles at the minute. Revelations, Mercenaries, Portable, Damnation, Revival Selection and probably RE6 too.
I like the sound of ORR as well the multiplayer prospects are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:56 pm

This game sounds interesting, although the article would imply that it's another completely non-canon game in vein of Gaiden. I don't quite like the idea that Slant Six was given totally free hands with this but at least we get to see something about the ill fated USS forces, even if we aren't able to fit it in the story canon.

@barber: Has there been any news about Resident Evil Portable lately?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm

None mass, but remember they announced it at a PSP press conference nearly two years ago so they must have had some deal with Sony to release a portable title. Hopefully that title is Revelations and they move it over to the PSP after a while.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:42 pm

I CANNOT WAIT TO KICK TYRANTS ASS ONLINE
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:23 am

weskersbarber wrote:
None mass, but remember they announced it at a PSP press conference nearly two years ago so they must have had some deal with Sony to release a portable title. Hopefully that title is Revelations and they move it over to the PSP after a while.
Maybe they're just waiting for the NGP aka PSP2.

Also there's more news on the matter at hand: http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/24/report-resident-evil-racoon-city-announced-in-us-oxm/
First heard about this on Hard News.
Back to top Go down
Neotris
Zombie
Zombie
Neotris

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Hmmm this did seem coo when it was rumored that the socom team was behind a new RE..... Sadly I wish it stayed a rumor. Now its gonna be a socom third person view or back to re4/5 but this time in the city. Great way of crapping on my static fixed angle love from the 90's :O
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:19 am

Yeah, this seems like it's going to be a full fledged action game... So long, my dreams of Outbreak File#3... I really don't like the fact that this game is made for non-fans of RE.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/23631/Resident-Evil-Operation-Raccoon-City-Announced/
http://stickskills.com/news/1556/first-details-on-resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-unveiled/

I wonder if this game is gonna feature split screen option.
Back to top Go down
Neotris
Zombie
Zombie
Neotris

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Good thing it might be back to zombies, hopefully they aint all sprinters. I just tried dead rising on the wii and holy shit the zombies actually scare me because they aint like there next gen cousins and are actually dangerous zombies. Guess we can count this game off the canon as well
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Neotris wrote:
Good thing it might be back to zombies, hopefully they aint all sprinters. I just tried dead rising on the wii and holy shit the zombies actually scare me because they aint like there next gen cousins and are actually dangerous zombies. Guess we can count this game off the canon as well
Try Dead Rising on the XBox or PS3, they have more zombies and more zombies = more mayhem Very Happy

I must add that after reading the latest articles thoroughly I can say there's a slight chance we can count some of the game in canon. As you can play with either the USS or the Spec Ops with 4(?) characters each side who have different objectives the game'll propably have various different endings. Then it's just finding the endings that fit the canon Razz
Back to top Go down
MatParker116
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:33 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Yeah, this seems like it's going to be a full fledged action game... So long, my dreams of Outbreak File#3... I really don't like the fact that this game is made for non-fans of RE.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/23631/Resident-Evil-Operation-Raccoon-City-Announced/
http://stickskills.com/news/1556/first-details-on-resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-unveiled/

Think Left 4 Dead but replace the Tank's, Hunters etc with Lickers, Tyrant's and Nemesis
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am

MatParker116 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Think Left 4 Dead but replace the Tank's, Hunters etc with Lickers, Tyrant's and Nemesis
No... just... no... I hope it doesn't come to that. Resident Evil should never be a FPS. You should also add Hunters to the RE enemies list.
Back to top Go down
mika2468TV
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
mika2468TV

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:17 pm

I found the scans from this French magazine that reveals the game.
It's at Resident Evil Center.
Click Here for Scans

Here is a picture of Leon S. Kennedy in the gameplay.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced 2a4zojn

I am so excited about this one! Can't wait for more news!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh sweet! Nice post. Too bad I don't understand a word in French :/
Back to top Go down
mika2468TV
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
mika2468TV

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh sweet! Nice post. Too bad I don't understand a word in French :/

Haha thanks, I know same here :/ If only we could install language packs into our brains and understand everything, EVERYTHING! D: LOL
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:18 pm

There even is a language option for English but all I got was "English version does not work" Very Happy And why was I speaking about French when the page is in Spanish? Who knows...

Ooh, I think I've spotted Mr. X on page 6.

Back to top Go down
mika2468TV
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
mika2468TV

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Haha that's right. Oh the only problem is my internet takes forever to load up the pages, so sadly I can't see it TT^TT
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:33 pm

It's not just you, the problem is propably within the site as I have a 24mbps connection and I also sent the link to a friend of my and both of us had to wait ages for the pages to load.

As you already posted the Leon pic I thought I'd post a few interesting pics too:
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced Nimeta11
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced Sivu_b11
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Those last ones were French. I'll try to translate the Spanish ones.

I don't think there was much info other than Capcom had confirmed the game for PS3, 360, and PC.

EDIT: Ok, what I got from it is that the France edition of the Playstation Magazine is going to have a portion devoted to unveiling this game. It has the first screens and apparently there will be a part that reveals at least some of the plot of the game. I hope the US PSM has the same thing!

EDIT #2: Here you go. New info! Sounds...I don't know. See for yourself. http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/8789.html
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm

I cannot not fucking wait I dont know about all of you but it looks great to me. I'm up for some change, don't get me wrong I love all the RE's but change can be for the better or for worst but its RE so it will kick ass either way
Back to top Go down
Methodical
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Oh man, the trailer was... umm... well I really don't know what to think. Anyway, thanks for posting that.

Btw. I liked the "remake" of RE2 opening in the end Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Ehh! EHHHHHH.
I doooon't knoooooow, I doooon't knoooooow guys. silent
The fact that this is obviously a straight up Action game is iffy, then the fact its being made by the "shitty" Socom developers is even more iffy.
The nostalgia factor though? Looks very high, though if they actually can add puzzle elements to this, in which you can SO have those puzzles and such in a multiplayer game like this, but going into a "Third-Person Left 4 Dead" style RE game set in Raccoon City? Well, it sounds cool but that classic RE fan in me is really... confused.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
MatParker116
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:44 pm

This is game is a third person L4D but replace the witch's with Nemesis, the tank's with Tyrant's, the smoker's with Lickers etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next