HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced

Go down 
+15
mansionman
Alfred Ashford
ace.redfield
NicemanCandy
Spike991
Mcghie
Soul
Methodical
NiteKrawler
mika2468TV
Neotris
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
MatParker116
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Well the REmake added to the continuity of the story so this game could. But it is more like that if anything, this game will show how this squad affected the story from behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

Playstation Network NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:31 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
this game will show how this squad affected the story from behind the scenes.

You're probably right if this is how Capcom wishes to deliver it. Either way, this is exactly what I'm hoping the story will be like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm

At capcom's Miami press release
They said that during single player mode you play as the bad side
and it's not about killing zombies or being a sweeper team, is rather getting targets like leon etc
supossdely hey said something about using the zombies and BOW's to your advantage, so rather than them being a obstacle they are a tool for you used
That confused me a bit because know a am still :S when it comes to what the hell you do or what it's about
They havn't really gave helpfull info about the game so I am just going to need to stay confused until further details are released or until he game comes out.
Infact I hav'nt search on the interent for answers or info yet so I'm might give that a try to see what I can find and see what I can report further info for the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Mcghie wrote:
At capcom's Miami press release
They said that during single player mode you play as the bad side
and it's not about killing zombies or being a sweeper team, is rather getting targets like leon etc
supossdely hey said something about using the zombies and BOW's to your advantage, so rather than them being a obstacle they are a tool for you used
That confused me a bit because know a am still :S when it comes to what the hell you do or what it's about
They havn't really gave helpfull info about the game so I am just going to need to stay confused until further details are released or until he game comes out.
Infact I hav'nt search on the interent for answers or info yet so I'm might give that a try to see what I can find and see what I can report further info for the forum Smile

You seem to have hammered a nail into the coffin, and if anything, Capcom has severely confused us as to whether or not the game is linear or non-linear as well as being cannon or non-cannon. I really dislike the idea of using B.O.W's to our advantage... It seems as if Resident Evil is becoming more action-adventure orientated when compared to the previous generations of titles in the series. If thought out correctly and developed in contrast to the Resident Evil titles which fall under the category of survival-horror, this game could have been the ultimate Resident Evil in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:01 pm

First of all, we need to realize that this is not a main story game. It is a spinoff. If you think about it, the Raccoon City incident was not a horror experience for the USS or the UBCS or the military. Sure, a lot of them died, but it wasn't horror for them. They were far too well armed and experienced in combat. So looking at it through their eyes, this game has got it spot on with the run and gun aspects of gameplay. You should all appreciate the fact that we will be dealing with the T-Virus BOWs in Raccoon City of all places. It's a great throw back with a gameplay difference, but if done well, it will be great in my opinion.

Secondly, we know that the BOWs cannot be controlled at all. In one of the trailers, command specifically states that they are sending in a BOW (referring to Mr. X) and that he will not discriminate. So obviously we won't be using the BOWs in a traditional sense. You can, however, use zombies as shields by grabbing them from behind and I assume that because of the aggressive nature of the BOWs, you can rely on them to kill/distract your enemies as long as you remain undetected.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
First of all, we need to realize that this is not a main story game. It is a spinoff. If you think about it, the Raccoon City incident was not a horror experience for the USS or the UBCS or the military. Sure, a lot of them died, but it wasn't horror for them. They were far too well armed and experienced in combat. So looking at it through their eyes, this game has got it spot on with the run and gun aspects of gameplay. You should all appreciate the fact that we will be dealing with the T-Virus BOWs in Raccoon City of all places. It's a great throw back with a gameplay difference, but if done well, it will be great in my opinion.

Even though I can almost guarantee that the majority of fans wish for survival-horror to make a comeback in the series, you've definitely got it spot on when considering what this title is all about, but all we can do now is hope that Capcom delivers exactly what they're promising. I for one am really excited about this game. Now, where's my Resident Evil REmake for PS3/PSN (retail or downloadable).
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I don't recall Halo Wars getting bashed because it took on the form of an RTS. It was very popular and got great reviews. That's how this game should be viewed. As for the REmake coming to the PS3 or 360, it won't ever happen. Nintendo has the exclusive rights to it and RE0. Hence why it is only on Nintendo consoles. Did they release either of them for the Wii? It may even be Gamecube exclusive.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 pm

As unfortunate as the fact is, I know the REmake will never make its way onto another console, which is a shame. As for a major game series branching out into other genres, it usually works if done right, and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City looks awesome so far!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm

At the risk of sounding like a RE traitor, this game does look great. In the very least, it's premise is extremely promising.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:40 am

I don't think you as a traitor, the run and gun system would work well for depicting trained professionals. For a spinoff, this could be really fun.

Hey, if this turns out to be a success maybe we could have a sequel playing the spec ops side? I liked their logo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Alfred Ashford
Cerberus
Cerberus
Alfred Ashford

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:10 pm

It's just Umbrella Chronicles on steroids....

I'm really not happy with the action-orientated direction the series is going. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:39 pm

As it has been stated, this is gonna be a spinoff (and experimental at that) and does not reflect the way the actual series is going. Besides, it's wrong to say this is UC on steroids as these games share nothing in common.

This game shall be more than a mere railshooter that the Chroincles series is.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:43 pm

It doesn't really bother me if RE is a bit more action like and less scary As long as it still fucking kicks ass and has an epic story, although that isn't to say I wouldn't want the horror back I would love to see some scary ass horror in RE6 omfg walk into a pitch black room and the only light you get is when the lightning flashes and theres like 3 or more zombies and your like FUCK lol
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:20 pm

actually the story is ruined because of the fall of umbrella and those plagas... i found the movie a little bit better because it's based on umbrella but i don't like how alice is superhuman
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't find the story ruined sure it's not as great hear and there but overall it's good. Resident evil isn't about zombies it's about B.O.W and the plagas are just an involvement. Anyway, with the death of Wesker though I cant see much on the go with the story. Sure they can make a new villain but idk. It`s a virus it can pop up anywhere really depending who got their hands on it so really it could go on forever, but I`d like to see RE6 finish it off. Just make it fucking epic as i don`t even know what, make a super tyrant that just does not die at all ever lol. You don`t win
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:11 am

chocotricks wrote:
I don't find the story ruined sure it's not as great hear and there but overall it's good. Resident evil isn't about zombies it's about B.O.W and the plagas are just an involvement. Anyway, with the death of Wesker though I cant see much on the go with the story. Sure they can make a new villain but idk. It`s a virus it can pop up anywhere really depending who got their hands on it so really it could go on forever, but I`d like to see RE6 finish it off. Just make it fucking epic as i don`t even know what, make a super tyrant that just does not die at all ever lol. You don`t win
Agreeing that the story isn't ruined. It's still about what it was when the first game came out: Biohazard. And now that we have a new Wesker there's still lots of ways the story can go on. There are lots of people who most likely have some kind of virus in their hands: Tricell (G and plaga), Organization (master plaga), Alex Wesker (progenitor) and Dr. Cameron (t-Cameron). Then there's the black market and even FBI has a sample of the MS-virus.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:47 am

Looking at that it does seem it can go on for a bit more then :3 but what is MS-virus also is that movie in english?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:06 am

MS-virus was an experimental viral agent featured in Confidential Report. It was never used on anything but a lab mouse that was delivered to FBI headquartes by Naomi McClain.

What movie?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:22 am

never mind, Damn you Mass and your cell phone resident evils D: lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:57 am

Oh yes, I know my mobile games Very Happy Actually being the only mobile RE game that featured original storyline not contradicting anything from the previous games there's nothing to say that it wouldn't fit the canon. Although I would think the FBI is keeping the sample safe and secure and we'll never hear from it again.

Unless there's a sequel to CR.

I thought you were talking about 4D-Executer Very Happy Have you seen it?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 am

If I ever get a phone I'll have to get those mobile RE's been thinking about getting one lately lol, and yeah I was talking about it, and I havent seen it. Is it only in japanese like I mean is it subbed?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:14 am

Be sure to try 'em out. A nice addition to the story.

Just added working links, check the last post:
http://www.residentevilforums.net/t1072-biohazard-4d-executer-anyone-d#39229
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Be sure to try 'em out. A nice addition to the story.

Just added working links, check the last post:
http://www.residentevilforums.net/t1072-biohazard-4d-executer-anyone-d#39229

Mass will the RE mobile games work on a HTC Desire ? not the Desire HD ?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Omg I just watched it why haavent we heard more about her? See this is why I love resident evil you think there's nothing left to tell them bam story out the ass. She would make a wicked addition to a third chronicles game to say the least
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:37 am

@Mcghie: If they work on my Nokia 6300 I'm assuming they work on that too.

@choco: I've been thinking the same thing, it would be nice to see her again. Resident Evil always finds a way to give something more. That's why we all love it <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City announced
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next