HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

Go down 
+24
Cyberization
Limey
Shrike
Wesker's Fanboy
Industrial Ridden
Valentine Fan
will1234562
S.Winters
chrisredfielmusculo
weskersbarber
Jill Sandwich
Dren
ChickenHeart
Spike991
00biohazard
charlieRE2
Sargent D
Methsia
RebelliousQueen
Jacen Dex
RaviorStygian
ace.redfield
Mass Distraction
xExcel
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:42 pm

This two games doesn't need to be compared. They both horrific and the gameplay we're awesome. Silent Hill is a bit more Horror now, for me Silent Hill 4 is the scariest of all the Silent Hill that i played. Damn that, the televesion suddenly turns on and off the washing machine turns on when you look at it. Theres a blood all over. Silent Hill is a certified horror genre game. While Resident is horror action genre now. So Silent Hill for me is more horrible, well thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm

I have played a bit of Silent Hill one ages ago with my friend :S

It really was scary and the controls were really hard for me then.
Silent Hill is a scary game for sure, I know this because it's horror genre.
Duhh. And because I have seen walkthroughs of a few Silent Hills.
Surprisingly enough, me and the person who commentated through the game
screamed at the same time I would.

If my eyes water so easily just reading scary stuff. I don't think I'll survive
mentally :S
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Well in terms of being scary, Silent Hill is a million times more scary than RE. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 pm

well i obviously think resident evil is better, thats why i am posting on a resident evil forum and not a silent hill forum. that is not meant to be harsh.

i prefer the characters, for example they are more likeable and far more interesting. the back story is more indept also.
i prefer the gameplay. i hate being stuck with a torch and a metal bar for example.
i understand that it meant to add to fear of the game but frankly it just pisses me of.
all in all Resident evil is the game for me.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:26 pm

charlieRE2 wrote:
well i obviously think resident evil is better, thats why i am posting on a resident evil forum and not a silent hill forum. that is not meant to be harsh.

i prefer the characters, for example they are more likeable and far more interesting. the back story is more indept also.
i prefer the gameplay. i hate being stuck with a torch and a metal bar for example.
i understand that it meant to add to fear of the game but frankly it just pisses me of.
all in all Resident evil is the game for me.

You got it right Charlie, cause sometimes SH Horrific scenes pissed me off, maybe its too much or for random reasons.... Playing RE Enjoys me a lot unlike SH i feel terible... *shudders*
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:41 pm

For example, if you pair up RE5 vs any silent hill game, silent hill is better in the survival horror. But if you compare the masterpiece that was REmake, or resident evil 2 and 3 against Silent Hill, RE takes the win. Seriously. RE is the godfather of suvival horror. Hes just had to adapt to stay alive.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Bingo. RE is the Godfather of Survival Horror. Sounds pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:41 am

00biohazard wrote:
For example, if you pair up RE5 vs any silent hill game, silent hill is better in the survival horror. But if you compare the masterpiece that was REmake, or resident evil 2 and 3 against Silent Hill, RE takes the win. Seriously. RE is the godfather of suvival horror. Hes just had to adapt to stay alive.

I've had a tad of experience with SH, and it's really not that great...I mean I liked it, but not that special.

And I don't see how people see it as being that much scarier. Maybe I need to play a bit more to get that. Suspect
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:22 am

There are scarier games out there.....Try playing Siren.

Sure Resident Evil has it's scary moments but you have guns and ammo(small supply sure) that can kill enemies. I'm a huge fan of the series but to say it's the scariest of the survival horror genre...I'm gonna have to say no.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:27 am

I definately agree with how having a better way to defend yourself makes it less scary.

Remember in RE4, when playing as Ashley? But RE4 has no Horror, so that doesn't matter..
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:31 am

It doesn't matter who is the horrific or scariest of them. I like them both.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:25 am

00biohazard wrote:
I've always thought of Silent Hill as being far scarier than any RE game. Never have I experienced fear in RE like I have in SH.

Still, you can take the scariness up a notch like ChickenHeart mentioned, with games such as Amnesia, Siren and Fatal Frame.

Both are still equal overall.

Methsia wrote:
Surprisingly enough, me and the person who commentated through the game
screamed at the same time I would.
I suppose you are speaking of a certain Snake Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 am

Fatal Frame is scary too. When it comes to Silent Hill, everytime i played it im having a goosebumps all the time.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:29 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
There are scarier games out there.....Try playing Siren.

Sure Resident Evil has it's scary moments but you have guns and ammo(small supply sure) that can kill enemies. I'm a huge fan of the series but to say it's the scariest of the survival horror genre...I'm gonna have to say no.

yes im going off topic but this one of the if not the most scariest games i have ever played. project zero also
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:50 am

I dont find it off topic. The arguement is always "Resident Evil or Silent Hill"? but there are games that do it better. Some of the series didn't last as long but games like Siren, the Clock Tower series and to some extent Parasite Eve are better.
Back to top Go down
Dren
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Dren

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 am

I am a fan of both RE and SH. Right now, I would say I prefer SH over RE.

From RE4 onward, I have been largely disappointed by RE's games. I hate the raw action adventure feel the series has taken. Simply put, the games are no longer frightening. I will commend Capcom for at least attempting to bring back that element in Revelations. However, even that failed in being a scary experience, mainly because the game play system and camera angles made almost everything very straight forward. Most of the storylines now also lack the same substance and intrigue that they had before RE4. Plus, the vast majority of the characters who have been introduced from RE4 onward have been very annoying. Additionally, a few from the older games have been completely destroyed through poor writing (namely Leon [though I enjoyed him in DSC] and Wesker).

However, I did enjoy DSC. It was not scary in the least, but I liked many of the revisions and additions it made to past storylines/characters. In particular, I LOVE what it did with the Ashfords and Leon. I also liked Operation Javier. I was only disappointed with the way it rewrote Annette (she was much more fun as an idiotic woman who could not be reasoned with), the lack of Wesker and Ada, and Steve's character development being almost non-existent, his death scene lacking emotional impact, and how his relationship with Claire was developed in the story.

With SH, I like all of the games from the series excluding PSP's Origins (it was nothing more than a poor man's copy of SH2 that barely featured SH1's characters and revealed very little about the events that transpired before SH1). In my opinion, the series has been mostly successful in consistently maintaining its element of psychological horror, writing intriguing storylines, and developing fascinating characters. Needless to say, I am looking forward to Downpour's release next week. The comic book prequel already has me interested in its storyline.

However, I prefer the RE0 - RE C:V/C:VX era of RE to RE from RE4 onward and SH. Those were fun, exciting games with intriguing stories and great characters. Needless to say, I was VERY obsessed with them as a kid (and still am to this day).
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:48 am

Is it wrong that I don't find Resident Evil scary at all anymore? I see fans on youtube and other forums saying they miss the scare factor of the old games and I'm usually thinking to myself that they're not really scary tbh. Silent Hill is the type of game that will make you paranoid.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:53 am

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Is it wrong that I don't find Resident Evil scary at all anymore? I see fans on youtube and other forums saying they miss the scare factor of the old games and I'm usually thinking to myself that they're not really scary tbh. Silent Hill is the type of game that will make you paranoid.
I totally agree with that. I guess the only reason I once was scared of RE games was because I was just a kid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:54 am

I'm starting to feel good about the fact that I started my
love for RE in RE5.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 am

Methsia wrote:
I'm starting to feel good about the fact that I started my
love for RE in RE5.

I feel for you Lady ;3
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:

Or maybe its because we have played RE games loads of times over and over again that we know almost every word for most cutscenes, that the fear factor just gradually fades away because you nkow whats going to happen. That and the fact that most of us were kids when we started playing RE.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Or maybe its because we have played RE games loads of times over and over again that we know almost every word for most cutscenes, that the fear factor just gradually fades away because you nkow whats going to happen. That and the fact that most of us were kids when we started playing RE.
Couldn't have said it better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 pm

i like to put it this whay,how can you be afraid of playing resident evil now if the main caracters are extremely well trained figthers and experts on guns,lockpicking e.t.c,and also have an constat acess to ammunition and guns?
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:49 pm

I don't agree with the age factor at all. There's games I've played as an adult that have scared me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:42 pm

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
i like to put it this whay,how can you be afraid of playing resident evil now if the main caracters are extremely well trained figthers and experts on guns,lockpicking e.t.c,and also have an constat acess to ammunition and guns?

Oh like in RE4 when you play as Ashley?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil vs Silent Hill
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next