Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Which story was canon? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Which story was canon? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Which story was canon? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Which story was canon? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Which story was canon? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Which story was canon? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Which story was canon? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Which story was canon? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Which story was canon? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Which story was canon?

Go down 
+3
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
RaviorStygian
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

Which story was canon? Empty
PostSubject: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:52 pm

In REmake, who's story was canon? Chris' or Jill's? I would say that Chris' is because Wesker wouldn't have such a strong hatred for Chris if only Jill had stopped him near the end of REmake. Can we just assume that the canon way of how it happened is with both stories combined but without the other partner being confined?

Actually, I remember a cutscene shown in the credits of REmake that showed both Chris and Jill confronting Wesker. Is there a way to make that happen in the game?

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:57 pm

I disagree i thought jills scenario had a lot more importance and drama to it. Such as barry burtons betrayal etc..... also more things happened in jills storyline.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:14 pm

A mix of the two is what really happened. No, both Jill and Chris cannot confront Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 am

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Scanned those from the official RE comics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Meh. I don't think the comics are canon either.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Meh. I don't think the comics are canon either.
But you gotta admit, that was funny.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Actually...I just now got it. Wow. I'm slow.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:20 pm

It was a combination. I had been meaing to go through, and record all of the relevant scenes, from each of the scenarios, and play it like one big movie, upload it to Youtube and all, and reap all the glory for making every RE fans dream Mansion Incident. Alas, I have no way of doing it, but one of these days I will..

Anyway, it was a comination as I said, of each. There were indeed 5 surviving STARS, Chris, Jill, Becca, Barry, and Brad. No ending shows that, not even UC, so you just have to use your imagination for now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:11 am

Don't forget Wesker, even though at the time he was presumed dead.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

He was the Captain of Alpha and all, but I don't really figure him in, or count him as a legit STARS member. Like when talking about who was, or is left at this point, although Chris, Jill, Barry, & Rebecca(assuming all of those are still alive at this point, 2011) aren't STARS anymore, I still consider them leftover, surviving STARS members....but not Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

He was the Captain of Alpha and all, but I don't really figure him in, or count him as a legit STARS member. Like when talking about who was, or is left at this point, although Chris, Jill, Barry, & Rebecca(assuming all of those are still alive at this point, 2011) aren't STARS anymore, I still consider them leftover, surviving STARS members....but not Wesker.
Well, Wesker isn't surviving anymore Razz Not Albert at least.

I still tend to think of him as a former STARS because I always think about his RE1 incarnation. Btw, in MvC3, he is spoken of as the fromer STARS captain. Seeing that made me happy.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Well, Wesker isn't surviving anymore Razz Not Albert at least.

Yep, he ate missiles.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I still tend to think of him as a former STARS because I always think about his RE1 incarnation. Btw, in MvC3, he is spoken of as the fromer STARS captain. Seeing that made me happy.

I was going to play MvC3 the other day. I was curious as to whether Roger Craig Smith & somebody other than DC Douglas had voiced Chris & Wesker. You know anything?

I'll probably get a chance to play it after the weekend. I also heard Jill will be there, as DLC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I was going to play MvC3 the other day. I was curious as to whether Roger Craig Smith & somebody other than DC Douglas had voiced Chris & Wesker. You know anything?

I'll probably get a chance to play it after the weekend. I also heard Jill will be there, as DLC.
Both Smith and Douglas made the voices. Just checked the credits.

Ah yes, the Jill/Shuma Gorath comeback DLC... I'll be getting it just to have the trio in my team. Although making a comeback to the series, Jill seems to have the battlesuit from 5 as her primary outfit. She will be voiced by Kari Wahlgren.

Btw. did you know they made the game with RE5 engine?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ah yes, the Jill/Shuma Gorath comeback DLC... I'll be getting it just to have the trio in my team. Although making a comeback to the series, Jill seems to have the battlesuit from 5 as her primary outfit. She will be voiced by Kari Wahlgren.

Kari Wahlgren, I'm not familiar with her. You say Jill's battle suit will be primary, are their secondary outfits?

Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw. did you know they made the game with RE5 engine?

I did not.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Kari Wahlgren, I'm not familiar with her. You say Jill's battle suit will be primary, are their secondary outfits?
She did some additional voices in Darkside Chronicles. There are secondary outfits but as Capcom is trying to make as much money as possible they'll be dlc too. There will be something like the STARS outfit for Chris. Not that I'd bother with those.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
She did some additional voices in Darkside Chronicles. There are secondary outfits but as Capcom is trying to make as much money as possible they'll be dlc too. There will be something like the STARS outfit for Chris. Not that I'd bother with those.

Ah. I probably won't even get too into the game. I'm not a fan of that gameplay style. It looks nice though, it's got(or will have) three RE characters, so I'm sure it's worth a shot.

If it plays like Street Fighter, it's not for me. I had the first two SFs on SNES, and they were fun, but I've seen what you have to do to get good, all the memerizing random ass button combinations, that sounds like no fun to me.

I was more of a Mortal Kombat guy myself.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ah. I probably won't even get too into the game. I'm not a fan of that gameplay style. It looks nice though, it's got(or will have) three RE characters, so I'm sure it's worth a shot.

If it plays like Street Fighter, it's not for me. I had the first two SFs on SNES, and they were fun, but I've seen what you have to do to get good, all the memerizing random ass button combinations, that sounds like no fun to me.

I prefer MK too but I got good at SF even without memorizing. I'm bad at memorizing anything Very Happy

MvC3 plays like a simplified SF. I found it to be more fun than SF4 and it's not too hard on the normal difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I prefer MK too but I got good at SF even without memorizing. I'm bad at memorizing anything Very Happy

MvC3 plays like a simplified SF. I found it to be more fun than SF4 and it's not too hard on the normal difficulty.

I'll be playing against somebody who claims he is pretty good, so I'll probably get owned.

MK did have memorizing too, Scorpion's snake thing, "Get over here!", Zero's ice, etc, but SF just seemed too difficult, for all of that stuff.

MvC3 looks pretty, for sure. I like the cell shaded type graphics. You've played with Chris & Al right? How was it?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I'll be playing against somebody who claims he is pretty good, so I'll probably get owned.

MK did have memorizing too, Scorpion's snake thing, "Get over here!", Zero's ice, etc, but SF just seemed too difficult, for all of that stuff.

MvC3 looks pretty, for sure. I like the cell shaded type graphics. You've played with Chris & Al right? How was it?
All of the attacks have pretty much the same combinations in all fighting games and I play them a lot so I'm used to them. I can't remember any combos though.

My first team is Ryu, Chris & Dante and the second is Zero, Spencer & Wesker. Gonna have a RE team when I get Jill. To me both of them feel just like they should.

Chris is slower than average, relys much on weaponry and his moves require some tactics. He has one of the best hyper specials in the game (the satellite link cannon).
Wesker is pretty fast, can move instantly from one place to another, is able to counter attack and his specials have lots of range. Thus far most efficient with the X-Factor.

The game also features a "simple" control option which means you don't have to think about the combinations.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
All of the attacks have pretty much the same combinations in all fighting games and I play them a lot so I'm used to them. I can't remember any combos though.

My first team is Ryu, Chris & Dante and the second is Zero, Spencer & Wesker. Gonna have a RE team when I get Jill. To me both of them feel just like they should.

Chris is slower than average, relys much on weaponry and his moves require some tactics. He has one of the best hyper specials in the game (the satellite link cannon).
Wesker is pretty fast, can move instantly from one place to another, is able to counter attack and his specials have lots of range. Thus far most efficient with the X-Factor.

The game also features a "simple" control option which means you don't have to think about the combinations.

Simple sounds nice. I'm no neanderthal, but as far as playing a game like that for fun, that sounds most fun.Smile

I intend to use the RE team as well. Kind of odd that Jill wasn't initially there, I mean she was in MvC2, but whatever they have to do to make it slightly more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Simple sounds nice. I'm no neanderthal, but as far as playing a game like that for fun, that sounds most fun.Smile

I intend to use the RE team as well. Kind of odd that Jill wasn't initially there, I mean she was in MvC2, but whatever they have to do to make it slightly more difficult.
Yeah, it just makes the controls so that using specials is not hard. The same thing was used in BlazBlue, though through the right thumbstick. That game had some really hard finishing moves so I ended up doing those using the simple method Razz

I was wondering about that too. The other DLC character, Shuma, also was in the earlier games so I think they just wanted to make money out of fan favorites.

The game also has an online trophy called Raccoon City Incident with the description "Settle things between former S.T.A.R.S. members".
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Yeah, it just makes the controls so that using specials is not hard. The same thing was used in BlazBlue, though through the right thumbstick. That game had some really hard finishing moves so I ended up doing those using the simple method Razz

I was wondering about that too. The other DLC character, Shuma, also was in the earlier games so I think they just wanted to make money out of fan favorites.

The game also has an online trophy called Raccoon City Incident with the description "Settle things between former S.T.A.R.S. members".

I'll probably make a thread for it, once I play it, give a review.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I'll probably make a thread for it, once I play it, give a review.
You totally should. I'll be looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:35 pm

did you enjoy the tricell lab map mass?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:53 pm

JamTyrantH wrote:
did you enjoy the tricell lab map mass?

That's something MvC3 related isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which story was canon?   Which story was canon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which story was canon?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next