HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
PAULSAMSON
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
haha, Ada looks more like a civilian in RE4, where she is supposed to be "Rambo", than in DSC

No kidding.Smile

I liked the dress she wore in RE4 too, it was cool. I can't wait for her character to make her return. I know I'm not the only one who suspected she could have been the bird masked lady in RE5.

I'll eventually get that soundtrack. I used to have a few on my ipod, but it broke, thanks though.

No worries, I clean up that 2nd post.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Use the edit button.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
haha, Ada looks more like a civilian in RE4, where she is supposed to be "Rambo", than in DSC

No kidding.Smile

I liked the dress she wore in RE4 too, it was cool. I can't wait for her character to make her return. I know I'm not the only one who suspected she could have been the bird masked lady in RE5.

I'll eventually get that soundtrack. I used to have a few on my ipod, but it broke, thanks though.

I'm really looking forward to Ada's return, it is one of the best developed characters in RE, just for the fact that you don't know in which side she's on, I really can't say if she is "good" or "bad", I don't consider her as "wesker bad" but she really isn't a "Chris good" either
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

No kidding.Smile

I'm really looking forward to Ada's return, it is one of the best developed characters in RE, just for the fact that you don't know in which side she's on, I really can't say if she is "good" or "bad", I don't consider her as "wesker bad" but she really isn't a "Chris good" either

Yeah, she is certainly the Vegeta of RE. Her motives definately need to be revealed though, or at least let us know if she is dead or something...
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 pm

ill admit i didnt read the entire thread because i have a subway sandwich that might get cold, but i read on i believe resident evil wiki that the chronicles revisited scenarios are not canon, but the new scenarios are (i.e. russia, south america).

it was explained that it is in a sense the same representation as twin snakes is to the original metal gear solid. the view of the scenario through the characters eyes and thoughts as opposed to the canonical view.

just thought i would chime in, gotta eat now!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
ill admit i didnt read the entire thread because i have a subway sandwich that might get cold, but i read on i believe resident evil wiki that the chronicles revisited scenarios are not canon, but the new scenarios are (i.e. russia, south america).

it was explained that it is in a sense the same representation as twin snakes is to the original metal gear solid. the view of the scenario through the characters eyes and thoughts as opposed to the canonical view.

just thought i would chime in, gotta eat now!

I would take anything I got from RE Wiki with a shot of penesilin.

The newer operations, TALOS & Javier are certainly canon. The other stuff, which goes over RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3 & CVX, is not entirely canon, but basically is. It's like seeing the similarities from The Dark Knight, to Batman from 1989. I guess...

Anyway, point being that the stuff is canon, but it's selectively so, sort of like the Outbreak series.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:34 pm

just like wikipedia, i believe nothing until ive checked the sources. its an interview on ign, its probably still there too
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
just like wikipedia, i believe nothing until ive checked the sources. its an interview on ign, its probably still there too

Oh....well all the stuff in my post prior still applies then.Smile

Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

haha im surprised you didnt see the interview, thats basically what they say haha
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
haha im surprised you didnt see the interview, thats basically what they say haha

They said what I said?

Was it an interview with Capcom?
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm

an interview with the developers or the producers or something, yes. they explained that everything not in the original games was canon, the new areas or explanations for where the characters had been when not on screen was also canon. they wanted to change some of the non-canonical details(alexia kills alfred) to make it more entertaining since it was assumed that the majority of the buyers would be fans of the series. i just browsed through ign and cant find the interview, im still looking for it though, ill post the link when i find it
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
an interview with the developers or the producers or something, yes. they explained that everything not in the original games was canon, the new areas or explanations for where the characters had been when not on screen was also canon. they wanted to change some of the non-canonical details(alexia kills alfred) to make it more entertaining since it was assumed that the majority of the buyers would be fans of the series. i just browsed through ign and cant find the interview, im still looking for it though, ill post the link when i find it

Ah. A good idea for the people that have already played the games to death though. I mean we already know those games like the back of our hands, so giving us that story perhaps from another character's perspective, or simply changing little things keeps it fresh for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2