HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
PAULSAMSON
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon Empty
PostSubject: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 pm

It is my personal oppinion that all "spin-offs" are canon, (of course, if they were canon they wouldn't be named spin-offs), I mean, re survivor was, in my psx days when I was 14, my concept of a "RE4", the chronicles games are canon, obviously, EXCEPT for the exclusion of Barry as a survivor of RE1 unless capcom killed him in their new chronicles canon cause he doesn´t appear on the RE3 helicopter either. In wesker's report is stated that Barry survived, but it is also stated that wesker got a hold on Sherry and Dark Side chronicles had a different opinion, so Wesker report isn't canon anymore according to capcom.
The outbreak games (which I hate, being a Ps2 supporter I couldn't believe this is what I got instead of RE0 and remake) don't have a reason to not be considered non-canon either. The survivor 2 narrates the code veronica stages which are canon.
Dead aim is the one that confuses me, but it was just a bloody ship, so who give a f***, and re gaiden should be erased from the re library......it was awful
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey! No dissing on the Gaiden! And Dead Aim was one of the best RE games.

As for Barry, he's still officially alive. Has been since the first.

Outbreaks had some details that would render them non-canon, but the timeline is a bit blurry sometimes so I too consider them to be at least somewhat canon. Confidential Report is also one of those games which is not directly linked to any of the other games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 pm

All numbered games are canon, including CVX. The Chronicles games take precedence over any other game's canon, and by that I mean that all parts of the numbered games shown in the Chronicles games are canon as told through the Chronicles. Does that make sense? After that, only games that Capcom officially announce as canon are canon. The CG movies are also canon.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:26 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
After that, only games that Capcom officially announce as canon are canon.
That is true. Survivor actually is the only spin-off to be officially canon (as of yet).
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
The Chronicles games take precedence over any other game's canon.

If so, what happened to Barry?, he was wiped out of Umbrella Chronicles.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Hey! No dissing on the Gaiden! And Dead Aim was one of the best RE games.

As for Barry, he's still officially alive. Has been since the first.

Outbreaks had some details that would render them non-canon, but the timeline is a bit blurry sometimes so I too consider them to be at least somewhat canon. Confidential Report is also one of those games which is not directly linked to any of the other games.

The Outbreaks details that I can think of as non-canon are those where the characters go through places of RE2 and 3, somehow "intervening"in the story, but apart from that there isn't any other reason those games couldn't be canon.
the mobile games, in my opinion, shouldn't be considered spin-offs, they are extras mini-games like the mercenaries on RE4, and that sort of stuff.
As for Gaiden... according to some information prior to RE4, Leon joined with a anti-Umbrella organization, but Darkside Chronicles rejects that fact, stating Leon joined directly from RPD to the goverment agency, so the Gaiden events are now non-canon according to Capcom, in addition that the other character in Gaiden, Barry, is "missing" from the chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 am

On some other thread Nite said this better but Barry not being in the Chronicles may be because it would've somehow messed with the railshooter thingy idk. Capcom is never consistent so I wouldn't worry over such matter. Barry is alive unless this is officially proven false. Capcom has just "retired" the character. The Chronicles just round some stuff.

Well, the intervening would be a big reason to drop them off from canon. Still, I too consider them canon. Something like the cameo of Nicholai could've happened. My point in saying they're "somewhat" canon is that some scenarios are true for only a given number of characters while canonically the others never where there.

Why wouldn't the mobile games be considered spin-offs? Mobile gaming is as high as ever and while others (Missions and its sequels) should be considered just minigames, Confidential Report and i-Survivor give us an actual original storyline while Genesis and Uprising retell the story of 1&2 in mobile format. There's also Degeneration which is the playable version of the movie.

I didn't say Gaiden was canon (of course it isn't, have you seen the ending?) but it was a great game. Besides, I have my theory of its ties with Revelations.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
On some other thread Nite said this better but Barry not being in the Chronicles may be because it would've somehow messed with the railshooter thingy idk. Capcom is never consistent so I wouldn't worry over such matter. Barry is alive unless this is officially proven false. Capcom has just "retired" the character. The Chronicles just round some stuff.

Rebecca didn't mess the railshooter, so why should Barry?..., i really think we'll never see him again (personal opinion)

Mass Distraction wrote:
Why wouldn't the mobile games be considered spin-offs? Mobile gaming is as high as ever and while others (Missions and its sequels) should be considered just minigames, Confidential Report and i-Survivor give us an actual original storyline while Genesis and Uprising retell the story of 1&2 in mobile format. There's also Degeneration which is the playable version of the movie.

You're right now that you say it, Confidential and i-Survivor are spin-offs, I forgot that Confidential had a storyline (never played i-Survivor)

Mass Distraction wrote:
I didn't say Gaiden was canon (of course it isn't, have you seen the ending?) but it was a great game. Besides, I have my theory of its ties with Revelations.

haha, how could I forgot the green blooded Leon??? (I assume this is the ending you are talking about)....................................but maybe...just maybe, the Leon that was in the ship wasn't Leon at all, now that Darkside Chronicles stated that Leon never was in a Anti-Umbrella organization, maybe the one that Barry met there wasn't Leon.....(only joking...I'm sarting to hate Capcom)

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 am

Dunno, Capcom never seemed to care much for Barry. We've only seen him as a playable character in RE5 mercs and some story in the official comics since his last major game appearance (RE3) which still was nothing more than a cameo.

I haven't played i-Survivor either (sadly) but I'm not going to buy some iWhatever to play it. It's supposedly a continuation of CR.

And yes, that's the ending I was talking about Very Happy The game had no other endings but anyway. Well, if my theory proves wrong we'll propably never hear anything about Gaiden again.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm

In the RE canon, Barry is alive. The survivors of the mansion incident are as follows: Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Barry, and Brad. And Wesker of course. As for the Chronicles...Whenever the numbered games conflict with the Chronicles, the Chronicles have priority. Not everything from each scenario was shown in the Chronicles though. It was quite crammed together and yes, they left Barry out. Probably for time constraint reasons. Now that I think about it, the Chronicles may not take precedence. I don't know. It's just a big mix.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:08 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
In the RE canon, Barry is alive. The survivors of the mansion incident are as follows: Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Barry, and Brad. And Wesker of course. As for the Chronicles...Whenever the numbered games conflict with the Chronicles, the Chronicles have priority. Not everything from each scenario was shown in the Chronicles though. It was quite crammed together and yes, they left Barry out. Probably for time constraint reasons. Now that I think about it, the Chronicles may not take precedence. I don't know. It's just a big mix.

yeah, Chronicles are messing up the storyline, Barry should be alive, yeah the numbered games shouldbe the canon,otherwise they have no purpose at all
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

...This is Capcom we're talking about. And Resident Evil. Inconsistency is all part of the mix. For example, Claire A-Leon B where Sherry's infected, the G-adult body coming from Irons, and Ada being thrown into the generator is canon as of Darkside Chronicles; but events like Claire fighting William's first form, which is confirmed in Degeneration, and Leon meeting Kendo and Marvin, as of Darkside Chronicles, are Leon A-Claire B, yet are canon. Which is it? *throws hands up into the air* I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:56 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
...This is Capcom we're talking about. And Resident Evil. Inconsistency is all part of the mix. For example, Claire A-Leon B where Sherry's infected, the G-adult body coming from Irons, and Ada being thrown into the generator is canon as of Darkside Chronicles; but events like Claire fighting William's first form, which is confirmed in Degeneration, and Leon meeting Kendo and Marvin, as of Darkside Chronicles, are Leon A-Claire B, yet are canon. Which is it? *throws hands up into the air* I have no clue.

RE2 canon is really a mistery and I was victim of that crime, being a teen and playing the good old psx I played RE2 as the label on the CD stated, because I was trying to enjoy the story as it was meant to be enjoyed, last year played Darkside Chronicles and found out that CD2 first (Claire A, Leon B) and CD1 second is the right way to play it......................................I played it again a few months ago as CLaire A Leon b, it was a lot better in terms of plot, but I really hated Capcom for that
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:31 am

One thing: could you clarify which games are in your canon. A clear list or something. This just out of interest.

This is how the timeline would look with every game in it: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t1788-resident-evil-chronology-timeline#23316
That also shows how I see the canon.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 am

Well certain things in the Chronicles are canon. Like the fact that Chris and Jill both explored the mansion instead of one of them being trapped in the lab the whole time by Wesker.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
One thing: could you clarify which games are in your canon. A clear list or something. This just out of interest.

This is how the timeline would look with every game in it: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t1788-resident-evil-chronology-timeline#23316
That also shows how I see the canon.

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1 (both Chris' and Jill's games, assuming Barry is alive)
Starts Resident Evil Outbreak (Files 1 and 2)
Resident Evil 3 (first part)
4d Executer
Resident Evil 2 (Claire A and Leon B)
Resident Evil 3 (second part)
Finishes Resident Evil Outbreak (Files 1 and 2)
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil Code Veronica (along with Survivor 2)
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Operation Javier (is 2002 actually)
Russian Facility
Resident Evil 4 (with Separate Ways)
Lost in Nightmares
Degeneration
Resident Evil 5 (with Desperate Escape)

PS: haven't played all the way of Confidential Report, so I couldn't say exactly where it goes. As for Wesker's Report, it has some differences with Darkside Chronicles (Ada falling from the bridge, and Sherry being under Wesker's custody) so I don't consider it canon anymore
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:39 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
It is my personal oppinion that all "spin-offs" are canon, (of course, if they were canon they wouldn't be named spin-offs), I mean, re survivor was, in my psx days when I was 14, my concept of a "RE4", the chronicles games are canon, obviously, EXCEPT for the exclusion of Barry as a survivor of RE1 unless capcom killed him in their new chronicles canon cause he doesn´t appear on the RE3 helicopter either. In wesker's report is stated that Barry survived, but it is also stated that wesker got a hold on Sherry and Dark Side chronicles had a different opinion, so Wesker report isn't canon anymore according to capcom.
The outbreak games (which I hate, being a Ps2 supporter I couldn't believe this is what I got instead of RE0 and remake) don't have a reason to not be considered non-canon either. The survivor 2 narrates the code veronica stages which are canon.
Dead aim is the one that confuses me, but it was just a bloody ship, so who give a f***, and re gaiden should be erased from the re library......it was awful

Most of the spin offs are pretty much canon. Survivor is certainly canon, I like to think Dead Aim is, though not officially. DA does have dates and times so that we can fit it into the timeline really neatly.

No RE1 ending actually showed all 5 survivors, though we know they did, you just have to use your imagination there.

The Outbreaks were brilliant, despite that though and my obviously biased opinion, they are both canon, in ways. Parts are and parts aren't entirely. For instance, we know that Raccoon was destroyed by a large nuke, in RE's canon, according to RE3, RE4 and even the Chronicles. The Outbreak's however used several rockets which was just a little different. Contradictory really. You may notice that UC used a bunch of scenes from previous games, in addition to it's own cartoony cutscenes, and when it mixed the RE3 and Outbreak versions of Raccoon's end, it was a bit confusing, but it's just something we have to use a little imagination on.

Survivor 2, the only RE game I haven't played, of course exlcuding the mobile phone games, but anyway, Survivor 2 wasn't really canon, it was just a dream.

Gaiden was interesting, and perhaps it will be sort of integrated into the series. Not Gaiden specifically, but events that are similar to. RER is somewhere, where it looks like it could happen, of course that is all speculation.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 pm

survivor 2 is like a extra mini game from code veronica, the NEMESIS inclusion is an absolute proof
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:49 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
survivor 2 is like a extra mini game from code veronica, the NEMESIS inclusion is an absolute proof

Hmmm....I guess you could call it that. Its seems like a cool idea and all, because all kinds of things could happen in a dream, they could have been(or maybe they were, obviusly Nemesis) really creative with it.

I would love to see another installment in the Chronicles series, a Survivor Chronicles, if you will. Go over Survivor(which much deserves a remake, or an RE railshooter version, which would work well in this case), Survivor 2, really get creative, and Dead Aim, and of course the mandatory new stuff.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

Hmmm....I guess you could call it that. Its seems like a cool idea and all, because all kinds of things could happen in a dream, they could have been(or maybe they were, obviusly Nemesis) really creative with it.

I would love to see another installment in the Chronicles series, a Survivor Chronicles, if you will. Go over Survivor(which much deserves a remake, or an RE railshooter version, which would work well in this case), Survivor 2, really get creative, and Dead Aim, and of course the mandatory new stuff.

I'd like the inclusion of Ark in a new RE rather than a Survivor remake, I'd like to keep survivor as it is, a GREAT game despite of all the things that some people complain about, but I think those things that received complains (bad graphics, bad camera, bad storyline) are what I like the most of this game
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I'd like the inclusion of Ark in a new RE rather than a Survivor remake, I'd like to keep survivor as it is, a GREAT game despite of all the things that some people complain about, but I think those things that received complains (bad graphics, bad camera, bad storyline) are what I like the most of this game

While we are on the subject of Survivor, I loved it, just in case you got the impression that I hated it.

I think it deserves a remake, though I wouldn't get my hopes up. The music was pretty great in that game, very memorable. The story & location were something that I loved. I read a bit about the story, that is why I had tried so hard to get a copy of it.

I think it would be cool as one of RE's Wii games though, although the railshooter thing would be appropriate, I would almost prefer to still walk around freely, like in Survivor.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 pm

i think Capcom regrets of doing a REmake, now we all want everything to be remade, haha
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:05 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
i think Capcom regrets of doing a REmake, now we all want everything to be remade, haha

No doubt. They set the standard too high for themselves, those lazy bastards.

If they remake RE2, they would have to remake RE3. If those two get remade, why not CVX, as it would be the only one that didn't look amazing, out of the main series games.

If you remake all of those, why not go ahead and remake the other games in the series.....

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Darkside Chronicles did it for me as a RE2 remake, I enjoyed it as if it was a movie rather than a game, and the original soundtrack remixed was a nice addition. The code veronica part was a different story, is focused more in gamplay (alfred's minigame) than in the story...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Darkside Chronicles did it for me as a RE2 remake, I enjoyed it as if it was a movie rather than a game, and the original soundtrack remixed was a nice addition. The code veronica part was a different story, is focused more in gamplay (alfred's minigame) than in the story...

DSC was brilliant. I loved hearing the music, and I didn't hate it being remixed as much as I thought I would. Both the RE2 and CVX parts were really fun. And Operation Javier was great too, loved seeing Jack again.

I hated those little things they didn't pay attention to. Leon wearing his knife holster on his RPD uniform, Ada wearing all of the tactical gear, gun holsters, little outfit changes from RE4 Mercs...just lazy. She was supposed to be a civillian, at least as far as we and Leon knew, up until the end. Hardly seems that way when she's dressed up like Rambo.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 pm

haha, Ada looks more like a civilian in RE4, where she is supposed to be "Rambo", than in DSC

if you are interested, there is an mp3 download of RE survivor soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon   My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon Empty

Back to top Go down

My opinion on which games are included in Capcom's "new" canon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next