Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

It's happening people!

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Ssplain
Bulls-3ye
Vandal
DeathmawKiller
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

It's happening people! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:13 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:
Hey guys, I really love how they made the remake and Carlos is such a badass!

Agreed!, hopefully he'll get a nice extended role in R3make.
From the trailers, he and Tyrell make a visit to the police station, which didn't happen in the original. There's some speculation that this sequence will be playable.

I noticed that too. I hope it's playable.
Carlos is confirmed to have more playable segments than in the original and he and Tyrell visiting the police station seemingly without Jill would heavily suggest it is. The only screenshot I've found of Carlos definitely as the playable character was taken inside the hospital, though.

Spoiler:

OMG. I'm so excited so it only means he is more playable this time. I'm expecting a lot of new scenarios in this remake. 💓
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 8:58 am

RebelliousQueen wrote:
OMG. I'm so excited so it only means he is more playable this time. I'm expecting a lot of new scenarios in this remake. 💓
Carlos doesn't have his own separate scenario like Leon and Claire in RE2, if that's what you're thinking.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 10:20 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The part where he is walking down the stairs outside of RPD did look more like it was being played, just from a different angle for trailer purposes, and not something scripted.

It was very brief so I could be wrong, though.
Could you link that trailer so I can take a look?

It was the original trailer and I seem to have misremembered slightly. I mean, it could still be gameplay but is likely scripted. At around 1:57 for a split second.

Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 6:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The part where he is walking down the stairs outside of RPD did look more like it was being played, just from a different angle for trailer purposes, and not something scripted.

It was very brief so I could be wrong, though.
Could you link that trailer so I can take a look?

It was the original trailer and I seem to have misremembered slightly. I mean, it could still be gameplay but is likely scripted. At around 1:57 for a split second.

video snip
Yeah, that particular moment looks like a cutscene to me. Almost all cutscenes in games these days are done with the in-game engine now since graphics have caught up.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 5:55 am

Carnival Killer wrote:
Jill sandwiches are high in protein, yet my local supermarket doesn't have any in stock. Very Happy
Getting kind of spammy, so you might want to stick close to the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am

Carnival Killer wrote:
Jill sandwiches are high in protein, yet my local supermarket doesn't have any in stock. Very Happy

I don't think RE3 takes place in Willamette. How's the outbreak?

It's happening people! - Page 3 Jills-sandwiches
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Carnival Killer wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Carnival Killer wrote:
Getting kind of spammy, so you might want to stick close to the topic at hand.

Spam is also a kind of meat too. I'm just pointing that out, man. pirat
Not really wise to be a smartass right now. Being critical of RE3make as you are is fine, but disregarding the site's rules is not. Now, keep the discussion related to the thread's topic.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 4:43 am

Watched this earlier.

A really good (spoiler free) look at Raccoon City. I like that they've widened the streets to make it look more like an actual American city without there being too much open space. You can also mash a button to reduce damage from zombie attacks and throw them off quicker, unlike RE2.

And I'm glad Carlos still hits on Jill. "Surely a tall drink of water like yourself can put out a few flames." lol! Hopefully he does it more often than just the one time he did in the original.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 10:32 am

The RE3 demo will release March 19th.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1239552229679325191

I beat you to it, Mass. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 10:45 am

I've seen some of the reviews, and it seems the biggest gripe is how short it is. Guess I made the right choice in waiting for a sale.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 3:20 pm

Nobudy wrote:
I've seen some of the reviews, and it seems the biggest gripe is how short it is. Guess I made the right choice in waiting for a sale.
But original costume DLC for FREE!!! Banhammer

Joking aside, the early REs were comparatively short games to begin with and the later entries didn't expand on that length by much. Back in the PS1/PS2 era, five hours was considered a bit of a slog. I certainly remember a number of reviews for Code Veronica saying it was too long. But yet these days, someone says 40 hour campaign and gamers react with laments of "That's it?" The longest game I ever played up until the PS3 era was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within with a campaign that ran around 12 hours and I thought that was excessive. That length is cheese today.

Is RE3make perfect? Not by a stretch. But it isn't bad at all for something I thought I'd never get.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
But original costume DLC for FREE!!! Banhammer

Joking aside, the early REs were comparatively short games to begin with and the later entries didn't expand on that length by much. Back in the PS1/PS2 era, five hours was considered a bit of a slog. I certainly remember a number of reviews for Code Veronica saying it was too long. But yet these days, someone says 40 hour campaign and gamers react with laments of "That's it?" The longest game I ever played up until the PS3 era was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within with a campaign that ran around 12 hours and I thought that was excessive. That length is cheese today.

Is RE3make perfect? Not by a stretch. But it isn't bad at all for something I thought I'd never get.

Ha, speaking of the OG Outfits, I found this article today. https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/04/resident-evil-3-remake-threads-censored-for-exposing-capcoms-censorship-of-jills-classic-outfit/106617/. I can't say I'm too surprised by what they did.

You're right that most of the classics are pretty short. At least once you know where everything is. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually kind of like Code Veronica's length. I feel like it makes sense because it's meant to be the finale of what I like to call "The Redfield Trilogy." It helps that CV was supposed to be the original RE3.

I think Dead Space might have been the longest game I've ever played.

Is REmake 3 really that short? I assume a casual player just going for an S+ rank can get a good 2 or so hours in.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ha, speaking of the OG Outfits, I found this article today. https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/04/resident-evil-3-remake-threads-censored-for-exposing-capcoms-censorship-of-jills-classic-outfit/106617/. I can't say I'm too surprised by what they did.
I have to question the impartiality of that article's author when he starts complaining about liberals and feminists. The types that do that are usually just out to rant about people having different opinions than them rather than have constructive discussions. I know, because I lived with one (my father) for years and in his head, he was always right and his first response to anyone who disagreed with him was to start spouting insults and racial slurs. The guy who wrote that isn't trying to actually validate his viewpoint to dissidents, he's just berating them for not agreeing with him.

As for those locked Steam threads, I looked over a couple and they should have been locked. The Steam forums can be pretty toxic, which is why I usually avoid them. If someone here on REF started calling everyone else "neckbeard", you know I'd step in and put a stop to it and if the thread needed closing, I'd close it. I mean, you know me, when have I ever hesitated to do my job as an administrator here?

In regards to Jill's original outfit, my ex (who was damn near as infatuated with Jill as I am lol) and I actually discussed that some years back, way before even the RE2 remake even started developing, and she was adamant that Jill was wearing a skort rather than a skirt. So it's not a new idea by any stretch.

I won't comment on Jill supposedly not being sexy or not having sex appeal because those things are entirely subjective. Some people think Rebel Wilson, Miley Cyrus, and Amanda Seyfried are sexy, but none of them are super attractive to me if I'm being honest. Inversely, I find Ashley Tisdale, Jena Malone, and Tessa Blanchard quite sexy, but I know others that think all three look like trolls. It doesn't make me right or them wrong, it's just different tastes.

Also, I seriously doubt Jill was on a date when RE3 occurred as one poster on Steam claimed. That's just stupid. There's nothing in the lore that makes that insinuation. Her original outfit was just horribly impractical for her situation in Raccoon City. I'm sorry if some people don't like that or it gets in the way of their boners, but it's the truth. No chick in her right mind is going to dress like a streetwalker zombies and other mutants are roaming the streets.

Quote :
Is REmake 3 really that short? I assume a casual player just going for an S+ rank can get a good 2 or so hours in.
Well, my fastest time was around 2:35, I think. First playthrough took me about four to five hours, but that was because I took my time to actually enjoy the game. I don't quite understand this desire to speed through games as fast as humanly possible and probably never will. When speed runs are seen as a badge of honor of some kind, I don't see why I should take complaints of length seriously.

Wait, does that even answer your question? lol
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
I have to question the impartiality of that article's author when he starts complaining about liberals and feminists. The types that do that are usually just out to rant about people having different opinions than them rather than have constructive discussions. I know, because I lived with one (my father) for years and in his head, he was always right and his first response to anyone who disagreed with him was to start spouting insults and racial slurs. The guy who wrote that isn't trying to actually validate his viewpoint to dissidents, he's just berating them for not agreeing with him.

In regards to Jill's original outfit, my ex (who was damn near as infatuated with Jill as I am lol) and I actually discussed that some years back, way before even the RE2 remake even started developing, and she was adamant that Jill was wearing a skort rather than a skirt. So it's not a new idea by any stretch.

I won't comment on Jill supposedly not being sexy or not having sex appeal because those things are entirely subjective. Some people think Rebel Wilson, Miley Cyrus, and Amanda Seyfried are sexy, but none of them are super attractive to me if I'm being honest. Inversely, I find Ashley Tisdale, Jena Malone, and Tessa Blanchard quite sexy, but I know others that think all three look like trolls. It doesn't make me right or them wrong, it's just different tastes.

To be fair, they probably see it as a form of false advertising. Still not worth outraging this much to the point of insults. If they hate it that much, they can get a refund. Last I checked, Steam gives refunds within 2 weeks and under 2 hours of play. Or, they can wait for the modders to do their thing.

Quote :
As for those locked Steam threads, I looked over a couple and they should have been locked. The Steam forums can be pretty toxic, which is why I usually avoid them. If someone here on REF started calling everyone else "neckbeard", you know I'd step in and put a stop to it and if the thread needed closing, I'd close it. I mean, you know me, when have I ever hesitated to do my job as an administrator here?
And I'd be glad you stepped in. I wish both sides of the conflict wouldn't throw the "angry feminist" or "neckbeard" insults at each other. It won't solve anything unless they can prove it.

Quote :
You dated "The Sphere Hunter?" Awesome!

Quote :
Also, I seriously doubt Jill was on a date when RE3 occurred as one poster on Steam claimed. That's just stupid. There's nothing in the lore that makes that insinuation. Her original outfit was just horribly impractical for her situation in Raccoon City. I'm sorry if some people don't like that or it gets in the way of their boners, but it's the truth. No chick in her right mind is going to dress like a streetwalker zombies and other mutants are roaming the streets.
I think the funniest theory I heard was that she was going out for a night on the town. If they kept up with Jill's story between the Mansion Incident and Raccoon City, they'd know she was going to investigate Umbrella before meeting up with Chris and Barry. No way would she want to spend a casual night in what could be a death trap.

Quote :
Well, my fastest time was around 2:35, I think. First playthrough took me about four to five hours, but that was because I took my time to actually enjoy the game. I don't quite understand this desire to speed through games as fast as humanly possible and probably never will. When speed runs are seen as a badge of honor of some kind, I don't see why I should take complaints of length seriously.

Wait, does that even answer your question? lol
Yep, it definitely does. Not a bad time. Though once I do get the game, I'm going to start on the highest difficulty available. I think that'll increase time with how much I might die. I guess if you get paid to speedrun, that makes it worth it. Provided it's some good pay. There's only so much of a game you can play for hours a day on repeat.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 10:22 am

Most people I talk to tell me their first play through took about 5-6 hours. Mine took a little over 7, I was intentionally taking my time to take it all in though. I had a blast all the way through it.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Nobudy wrote:
To be fair, they probably see it as a form of false advertising. Still not worth outraging this much to the point of insults. If they hate it that much, they can get a refund. Last I checked, Steam gives refunds within 2 weeks and under 2 hours of play. Or, they can wait for the modders to do their thing.
No, just look around the site and read some of the comments. The constant berating of anyone not an extreme right-winger, repeated use of "SJW" (just the use of which alone toilets someone's credibility), "feminazi", "faggot", and "retard" as insults, and telling anyone that dissents to go back to their "safe space" tells you exactly what kind of people congregate there.

I'm not some "woke" liberal by any means, but I do recognize when someone is just being an asshole. This is the latter case.

Quote :
And I'd be glad you stepped in. I wish both sides of the conflict wouldn't throw the "angry feminist" or "neckbeard" insults at each other. It won't solve anything unless they can prove it.
It's unavoidable. Like I said, some people just harbor utter disdain for anyone with a different opinion. It becomes even worse when politics are thrown into the situation, as I had a number of "friends" turn on me when I told them I didn't support the current douche in the White House. Granted, I didn't support the last douche in the White House either. Or the douche before him. But none of that mattered, because when it came out I didn't support Trump, they wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

Quote :
You dated "The Sphere Hunter?" Awesome!
No, she and I only have casual hookups every week. We cosplay RE characters while doing it. That night we were Wesker and Jill proved to be a little awkward, though.

No, none of that's true. Laughing I've never dated Sphere Hunter. In fact, I don't think I've ever even watched anything of hers on YouTube. But she'd be impervious to my charms, like Victoria [Justice], Ariana [Grande], Selina [Gomez], and Vanessa [Hudgens] before her. Razz  No, this ex was someone I actually met when she registered on my own forum, Resident Evil Final Days, years back before it went kaput.

Quote :
I think the funniest theory I heard was that she was going out for a night on the town. If they kept up with Jill's story between the Mansion Incident and Raccoon City, they'd know she was going to investigate Umbrella before meeting up with Chris and Barry. No way would she want to spend a casual night in what could be a death trap.
Yeah, there's no legitimate reason Jill would have been dressed like that in her situation. Like the art director was quoted in another article on that site, Jill's original design was purely based on sex appeal and the devs felt it was wrong to do that. No indication was given that any so-called "SJWs" forced the change, it was simply an internal creative decision to go a different direction. Jill is Capcom's character, after all. As someone who writes, I reserve the right to make my female characters whatever I think the story merits them being, and if my decision to make one straight-laced and professional instead of a slut who dresses like a prostitute comes off as "woke", I don't know what to tell you.

What boggles my mind even more is the aversion to profanity, though. Extreme violence, murder, gore, and dismemberment is okay, but a few four letter words is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE? scratch

Quote :
Yep, it definitely does. Not a bad time. Though once I do get the game, I'm going to start on the highest difficulty available. I think that'll increase time with how much I might die. I guess if you get paid to speedrun, that makes it worth it. Provided it's some good pay. There's only so much of a game you can play for hours a day on repeat.
Actually, my fastest time is 1:15:03 now. lol!

Ssplain wrote:
Most people I talk to tell me their first play through took about 5-6 hours. Mine took a little over 7, I was intentionally taking my time to take it all in though. I had a blast all the way through it.
On my first playthrough, I think I spent, like, 30 minutes just examining everything in Jill's apartment for Easter eggs and hints to her casual personality.

Did anyone else find the picture of Claire she has? lol!
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 am

Y'know, your time isn't too far off the world record. Last I checked, it's 55 minutes or so. If there's a picture of Claire in Jill's apartment, that means they certainly met before I hope. That means Leon is left out of another interaction. Never got to meet Albert Wesker as far as we know too.

Quote :
No, she and I only have casual hookups every week. We cosplay RE characters while doing it. That night we were Wesker and Jill proved to be a little awkward, though.
Next one should be a Leon and Claire pairing with Chris whispering "For the bloodline..."
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 4:14 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Y'know, your time isn't too far off the world record. Last I checked, it's 55 minutes or so.
"Isn't too far off" only counts in Horse Shoes and hand grenades. Well, I suppose it also counts in 155mm howitzer shells and nuclear bombs, but I digress.

Quote :
If there's a picture of Claire in Jill's apartment, that means they certainly met before I hope.
I think it's always been kind of accepted that she has, with the only really citable proof otherwise being her not recognizing Jill by name when examining her desk in OG RE2 which has kind of been retconned out with RE2 Remake. Even in the former case, it's possible she simply didn't know that was Jill's desk. I think it's unlikely Jill would be that close to Chris without ever having met his only family.

In case you haven't seen it, the picture is to the lower left of the STARS team photo on the cork board behind Jill's desk. It's a picture of a woman wearing her hair in a ponytail and a pair of sunglasses which looks a lot like Claire's RE2 Remake facial render.

Quote :
That means Leon is left out of another interaction. Never got to meet Albert Wesker as far as we know too.
Taylor Swift has two words for Leon.

It's happening people! - Page 3 Giphy

Quote :
Next one should be a Leon and Claire pairing with Chris whispering "For the bloodline..."
Nah, we're doing William Birkin and Rebecca next.

In other news, RE3 Remake has sold two million copies in just the first five days since release.

https://gamefragger.com/multiplatform/action/resident_evil/resident-evil-3-remake-has-already-shipped-a-very-impressive-2-million-copies-capcom-announces-a18941

I guess those choice words Taylor had for Leon can apply to RE7 as well. lol!
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 10:45 am

I have a feeling those sales are higher. With the pandemic, more people would be buying digitally.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2020 9:42 pm

I had high hopes for the Remake, but unlike the RE2 Remake....

This one is dead to me.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Deer Rest FOA
User BANNED
User BANNED
Deer Rest FOA

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2020 7:25 pm

I'd like for it to be announced in June. It has been great reading these rumours, but they are just that...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2020 4:16 pm

Deer Rest FOA wrote:
I'd like for it to be announced in June. It has been great reading these rumours, but they are just that...
I think it would be better to space things out. Give fans that Dino Crisis remake/revival they've been asking for first, then do another RE remake, preferably Code Veronica since RE1, RE0, and RE4 have seen so many re-releases on the past few consoles that remakes of them might not have much real impact. Plus, RE8 is rumored to be in development right now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's happening people!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3