Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
It's happening people! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
It's happening people! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
It's happening people! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
It's happening people! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
It's happening people! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
It's happening people! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
It's happening people! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
It's happening people! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
It's happening people! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

It's happening people!

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Ssplain
Bulls-3ye
Vandal
DeathmawKiller
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

It's happening people! Empty
PostSubject: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 7:13 am

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 8:01 am

Here are all the official images from PSN, with both Western and Japanese names.

It's happening people! Icon0

Disclaimer: "Z Version" means the uncensored Japanese version because around there, due to laws, they need to have two versions of a game like this. We here in Western countries always get the uncensored version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 12:12 pm

Some things I want in RE3make:

- More time in the police station. They've at least given a logical reason in RE2make for the two hallway doors to be blocked off (unlike the originals, where the doors were barricaded in RE3, then inexplicably cleared for use a day later in RE2), but make some use out of a few more of the rooms in it.
- No more Nemesis busting through the wall. I was hoping they'd fix this snarling continuity error in RE2make, but unfortunately didn't. Have him smash through the ceiling or something.
- Keep the Dino Crisis Regina bonus outfit!
- Have Jill acknowledge the picture of the dog that replaced the one of her "boyfriend" on her desk in the STARS office in RE2make. I don't know why, but I just feel like I need her to. lol
- For the love of God, don't make Nemesis' as relentless as Mr. X was in RE2make.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Some things I want in RE3make:

- More time in the police station. They've at least given a logical reason in RE2make for the two hallway doors to be blocked off (unlike the originals, where the doors were barricaded in RE3, then inexplicably cleared for use a day later in RE2), but make some use out of a few more of the rooms in it.
- No more Nemesis busting through the wall. I was hoping they'd fix this snarling continuity error in RE2make, but unfortunately didn't. Have him smash through the ceiling or something.
- Keep the Dino Crisis Regina bonus outfit!
- Have Jill acknowledge the picture of the dog that replaced the one of her "boyfriend" on her desk in the STARS office in RE2make. I don't know why, but I just feel like I need her to. lol
- For the love of God, don't make Nemesis' as relentless as Mr. X was in RE2make.

An expanded role for Carlos would be nice too. Also yeah, if Nemesis pursues you like Mr.X but with the ability to run?... i don't even know how that would work!.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Midnight Wolf wrote:
That doesn't... really look like Carlos! Razz

Eh, to be honest his low-fi appearance never really made much of an impression on me. Although the bushy hair is a bit... much.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!, hope you stick around. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am

Trying to rat on yourself with duplicate accounts? Please, like IP addresses are the only info I can match? lol!  Just let it go and move on, Peter.

Everyone else, carry on.

Bulls-3ye wrote:
An expanded role for Carlos would be nice too. Also yeah, if Nemesis pursues you like Mr.X but with the ability to run?... i don't even know how that would work!.
In the original RE2, downing Mr X in any of the instances that you encountered him meant you were free of his pursuit for a little while. In RE2make, he would pursue you all over the place no matter how many times you took him down. It was a bit excessive, IMO.
Back to top Go down
DeathmawKiller
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
DeathmawKiller

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 8:46 pm

I wonder if that subway in the intro of Resident Evil 2 remake will be utilized in RE3 remake? Always made me wonder how that could be a new area to explore.
Back to top Go down
DeathmawKiller
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
DeathmawKiller

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Trying to rat on yourself with duplicate accounts? Please, like IP addresses are the only info I can match? lol!  Just let it go and move on, Peter.

Everyone else, carry on.

Bulls-3ye wrote:
In the original RE2, downing Mr X in any of the instances that you encountered him meant you were free of his pursuit for a little while. In RE2make, he would pursue you all over the place no matter how many times you took him down. It was a bit excessive, IMO.

Oh yea, I forgot to tell you that guy likes to make a lot of dup accounts. You're better off banning it if he keeps popping up again or disrupting the peace of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 pm

DeathmawKiller wrote:
I wonder if that subway in the intro of Resident Evil 2 remake will be utilized in RE3 remake? Always made me wonder how that could be a new area to explore.
That subway bugs the hell out of me. Raccoon City has, or rather had, a population of around 100,000 people, which IRL would be way too small to merit a subway system. It simply wouldn't be cost effective to operate and maintain it with so few riders. New York, by contrast, has millions of people using their subway system on a daily basis. But I guess with the whole "Umbrella owns the city" excuse, Capcom could justify anything they want.

DeathmawKiller wrote:
Oh yea, I forgot to tell you that guy likes to make a lot of dup accounts. You're better off banning it if he keeps popping up again or disrupting the peace of the forum.
Yeah, I've found that out. I've banned, like, five or six of them so far including the two that posted in this thread. I suspected Pepsi was him by the email address used, but wanted to wait and see what he did. Right now, all new accounts have to be manually activated by an administrator, so I can vet each one for any signs it might be him and act before he can actually do anything on the forum.

If he thinks he's wearing me down, he's sorely mistaken.
Back to top Go down
DeathmawKiller
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
DeathmawKiller

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
DeathmawKiller wrote:
That subway bugs the hell out of me. Raccoon City has, or rather had, a population of around 100,000 people, which IRL would be way too small to merit a subway system. It simply wouldn't be cost effective to operate and maintain it with so few riders. New York, by contrast, has millions of people using their subway system on a daily basis. But I guess with the whole "Umbrella owns the city" excuse, Capcom could justify anything they want.

DeathmawKiller wrote:
Yeah, I've found that out. I've banned, like, five or six of them so far including the two that posted in this thread. I suspected Pepsi was him by the email address used, but wanted to wait and see what he did. Right now, all new accounts have to be manually activated by an administrator, so I can vet each one for any signs it might be him and act before he can actually do anything on the forum.

If he thinks he's wearing me down, he's sorely mistaken.

Geographically speaking it probably doesn't make much sense for Raccoon City to have an underground tram system especially when it comes to things like the roads and public transportation via buses. All of that seems to be very convenient for getting around. Same goes for running to big blocks of the city if Jill can leg it from uptown and downtown easily. However it is mostly a body of fiction so stamping in realism towards a city where lumbering zombies roam the block might be slightly overthinking it a little bit.I think this was just a mere reference to Outbreak considering that South Raccoon Street station was established long before Resident Evil 2 Remake.

As for the banning of Peter that might be the best decision to have admin approval as he's shown himself to be persistent after giving me like 2 Discord invites when I have no passion to talk to him ever again. Really sorry you guys have to put up with what I'm dealing with, but at least the steps are being taken to better the board.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 11:00 pm

DeathmawKiller wrote:
However it is mostly a body of fiction so stamping in realism towards a city where lumbering zombies roam the block might be slightly overthinking it a little bit.
It's not something I can really help, TBH. When zombies are roaming around RC, I'm bitching about Carlos' M4 in RE3 inaccurately having a mechanical burst mode. Ask Mass or anyone else around here, they'll tell you. lol

Quote :
I think this was just a mere reference to Outbreak considering that South Raccoon Street station was established long before Resident Evil 2 Remake.
Wasn't that station part of the city's above-ground tram system (something not irregular for a city the size of RC IRL) though? I only played the first Outbreak.
Back to top Go down
DeathmawKiller
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
DeathmawKiller

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
DeathmawKiller wrote:
However it is mostly a body of fiction so stamping in realism towards a city where lumbering zombies roam the block might be slightly overthinking it a little bit.
It's not something I can really help, TBH. When zombies are roaming around RC, I'm bitching about Carlos' M4 in RE3 inaccurately having a mechanical burst mode. Ask Mass or anyone else around here, they'll tell you. lol

Quote :
I think this was just a mere reference to Outbreak considering that South Raccoon Street station was established long before Resident Evil 2 Remake.
Wasn't that station part of the city's above-ground tram system (something not irregular for a city the size of RC IRL) though? I only played the first Outbreak.

Wew lad, if we were to point out unrealistic moments in this series I'd have a feeling we'd be here all week especially cutscene moments where the main character does indeed have contact on skin via a BOW cut or projectile and they don't get infected.

Also nope, South Raccoon Station was below ground for the time being and basically resembled a normal underground subway system. The above-ground tram to my knowledge only appeared in Resident Evil 3 when Jill uses it to get to clock tower. Downtown is where it's located and I think the underground rail system is more north of downtown. Sometimes I did wish they made an open-world side game where you could explore all of the city. That would kind of be awesome.

That guy is so unhinged that it's just way more sad and pathetic than need be. At least on the plus side it's brought people like me to the board to casually discuss Resident Evil with more fans of the series. Sometimes I just need a mental break from gameFAQs.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:54 am

DeathmawKiller wrote:
Wew lad, if we were to point out unrealistic moments in this series I'd have a feeling we'd be here all week especially cutscene moments where the main character does indeed have contact on skin via a BOW cut or projectile and they don't get infected.
That's kind of an expected reality break for gameplay purposes because, admittedly, it could be kind of annoying having an "infected" state thrown in alongside regular damage and poisoned status. Unless they were to make those magical blue herbs able to cure it, but that would undermine the impact that the games put on virus infection. For example, Jill being infected with the G-Virus in RE3 wouldn't be as impactful if Carlos could just shove a blue herb down her throat.

But that's not to say I would be against Capcom experimenting further with the infection mechanic in Outbreak and ORC, just please don't do it in RE3make.

Quote :
Also nope, South Raccoon Station was below ground for the time being and basically resembled a normal underground subway system. The above-ground tram to my knowledge only appeared in Resident Evil 3 when Jill uses it to get to clock tower. Downtown is where it's located and I think the underground rail system is more north of downtown.
I see.

Quote :
Sometimes I did wish they made an open-world side game where you could explore all of the city. That would kind of be awesome.
I've wanted this for so long, but I'm not entirely convinced that Capcom could replicate the gameplay style and mission structure of games like RDR: Undead Nightmare and Days Gone (which I feel it would hinge on) to a satisfactory level. AFAIK, Capcom has never made an open world game and open world games aren't something you can master overnight. But then again, I'm not some die hard loyalist who has played every game in their library. If/when a studio stops making games I enjoy, I tend to drop them like a year-old bag of potatoes. Ubisoft being a prime example of one that's about to lose me.

Quote :
That guy is so unhinged that it's just way more sad and pathetic than need be. At least on the plus side it's brought people like me to the board to casually discuss Resident Evil with more fans of the series.
As you've probably guessed from my signature, I drifted away from the series after RE4 because I felt it became too action-oriented. RE5 was my last straw and I only played the RE6 beta, while I only played RE7 at the insistence of my ex-GF because she talked it up as this uber amazing game (so much that she footed the bill for it), but it ultimately didn't do anything for me since the first person perspective didn't sit well with me. At this point, I'm only interested in remakes of pre-RE4 titles. But I'm certainly up for discussing the series, especially those older titles, up the wall with anyone that wants to.

Quote :
Sometimes I just need a mental break from gameFAQs.
Please don't remind me of that place. I once lingered there for a couple of days and it cost me a number of good brain cells. It might actually be worse than 4Chan, if I'm being honest. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 5:34 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
AFAIK, Capcom has never made an open world game and open world games aren't something you can master overnight.

They made Dragon's Dogma. Monster Hunter: World had large, open areas and I'm not sure how open the world in the Breath of Fire series has been but one would assume at least somewhat, considering they're RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:05 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
AFAIK, Capcom has never made an open world game and open world games aren't something you can master overnight.

They made Dragon's Dogma. Monster Hunter: World had large, open areas and I'm not sure how open the world in the Breath of Fire series has been but one would assume at least somewhat, considering they're RPGs.
Ah, okay. I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:14 am

RE3 might actually get announced sooner rather than later. While Capcom has a new, as of yet unannounced, game reveal at this year's Jump Festa (starting on 21st) and Geoff Keighley, when asked about the leak, stating RE3 will not be shown at this year's TGA, a reputable leaker by the name of Daniel Ahmad has said the game will be shown before the TGA's. So, TGA starts on 12th and there are not that many days before that. The only two things that will be happening before TGA are a massive overhaul for REnet, Capcom's database and online component for all modern RE games, scheduled for the 11th and Sony's State of Play that coincidentally was just announced will be held on the 10th at 6am Pacific. Rest assured, I will be watching SoP for any possible reveals.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Can we start calling it Resident Evil 3make (threemake)
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Vandal wrote:
That obviously goes without saying.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Vandal wrote:

I'm still pushing for R3make.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 am

I don't really want to make a new thread just to ask this so I'll just keep this thread going (and reserve the other RE3 thread for discussion on the game once it's actually out).

So, what are you people expecting from the remake? Are there any specific things you'd like to see added or kept in?

Personally I'd love to see more of the U.B.C.S. and I reeeeeally would like to see Ben Bertolucci make an appearance, especially now that we know Robert Kendo will be making his first appearance outside the events of RE2 and its retellings. As for the U.B.C.S. we can already tell by looking at the trailer that at least Tyrell Patrick will be getting more screen time this time around. My real hope with an expanded story for the U.B.C.S. is to see more of the events that led to what happened during Outbreak File#2. To have more ties to the Outbreak series, as Capcom seems to have been dropping small bits and pieces along the main canon that hint at the Outbreak games (the latest being Alyssa's article in RE7), would hopefully mean that they still might at some point resurrect that side series. Plus I just reeeeeeally like the group, the best faction in the series.

I'm also hoping they won't be dropping any monsters this time around, like they did with the spiders and moths in RE2. Weirdly enough they did hint at the monsters, with lots of moths flying around the exposed lights in the labs and a ton of spider webs to be seen in the sewers. Anyway, we know that at least the Hunter Beta will be making a comeback, as one quickly fashed in the trailer and was later confirmed to be just that. I can probably do without Sliding Worms as long as Gravedigger is there. I just hope they don't cut either Brain Suckers or Drain Deimos' since they are the most unique monsters in the game apart from Nemesis himself (btw. did you notice they dropped the subtitle from the remake?). Hunter Gamma I can barely remember from the game anyway so if they decide to go with only one Hunter type I guess I wouldn't mind too much.

I have more to ramble but I'll leave that for another time. So, what do you want to see?
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 7:43 pm

More U.B.C.S. would be great, as would more survivors in general. They could be bonus objectives off the beaten path. Kinda like they were in Operation: Mad Jackal, only with each of them having a little story, fleshing out "The Fall of Raccoon City".
As for monsters, i want the Pale Heads from Ghost Survivors to be in the main game. And more variety to the zombies just in general. Maybe more animals, if they're not going to do Outbreak.

Or they could just reference Outbreak. You visit the newspaper office, why not take a look through Alyssa's desk?. Same thing for Kevin and the police station. Not sure who else they could shout out, maybe Cindy and Jack's Bar?.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 5:29 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
More U.B.C.S. would be great, as would more survivors in general.

We are indeed getting more survivors but no idea in what capacity. The trailer shows Jill and Brad corralling some civilians. Then again, with how well ANY civilian has done in the series (if they're not part of the main cast) they are all most likely going to die before saying a word.

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Or they could just reference Outbreak. You visit the newspaper office, why not take a look through Alyssa's desk?. Same thing for Kevin and the police station. Not sure who else they could shout out, maybe Cindy and Jack's Bar?.

Since Rita's desk was added to the RPD in 2 it would be a neat continuation to that to have Alyssa's desk at the newspaper as well. We're going to be spending a lot of time in the subway as well, since that's where Mikhail's group is hiding instead of the tram, so maybe something regarding Jim as well? His lucky coin or something as an easter egg would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 3:40 pm

I would like to be able to learn more about Raccoon City as we adventure through it ((including potential Outbreak cameos mentioned above)). I want more ties to RE2 as well and we are already getting that with Kendo. I would also love to see the state of the city getting progressively worse as we play through the game. It seems like this may happen with the inclusion of more survivors.

I would really like to see more about Nicholai. If he survives in the remake then I would really love to see some sort of follow-up about him after he leaves Raccoon City. Maybe he is out there to return in a future title.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I would really like to see more about Nicholai. If he survives in the remake then I would really love to see some sort of follow-up about him after he leaves Raccoon City. Maybe he is out there to return in a future title.

Good point. I'm interested in seeing how he fares this time around. Currently all things seem to point into Nicholai surviving from the events: Nicholai's letter in the Code: Veronica guide book, Archives only mentioning he took the last copter and no more, and finally Capcom's official YouTube channel's recap of the game's events mentioning the same thing and showing the cutscene of him actually escaping.

And while on that topic, I wonder if the remake will have different endings and split moments in the story.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
And while on that topic, I wonder if the remake will have different endings and split moments in the story.
With the way RE2make mishandled RE2's A/B scenarios, I have my doubts about the different endings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's happening people!   It's happening people! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's happening people!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next