HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!

Go down 
+13
DXP
AzureSparkle
BeatTheGG
RebelliousQueen
RE Psycho
Mass Distraction
Known_Hero
PWNERX
37 Narwhals
RaviorStygian
Vandal
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 5:59 am

BeatTheGG wrote:
That reminds me that I probably should pick up RE4 HD sometime soon. That games nearly a decade old and I'm missing out on a supposed definitive take on it. >_<

What version(s) of the game do you have prior to HD? It's basically the same as the PS2 version with all its additions but looks prettier and has trophy support.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:19 am

I actually think the gamecube version of RE4 looks MUCH better than the HD remake. Especially the lighting. The wii version is basically the GC version + the extras, plus an option to use motion controls, so I'd say the wii version is the best.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 8:55 am

Blergh, motion controls. If it's not a light gun, it's not worth my time.

And it's not a remake! For the love of God. Remaster and remake are completely different things.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:51 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

And it's not a remake! For the love of God. Remaster and remake are completely different things.

Lots of people make that mistake, even youtubers and they confuse the fuck out of everyone.

Here is my understanding:

Remake: completely make a new game strongly based on a previous one. Example: Resident Evil on Gamecube, Adventure island for the PS2, Oddworld New n tasty.

Remaster: Going back to a game's original files and "upgrading" them; graphics, music, character models, etc. Examples: RE4 HD, Devil May Cry HD, etc.

Remix: create a new version of an existing game making it an exact copy of the previous one but instead of going back to the existing files they make it from scratch. Example: Kingdom Hearts HD remix.

Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:38 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

A lot of people like the motion controls in RE4 Wii, so I still felt the need to mention it, but it's optional anyway, and it's essentially the GC version + extras, and thus the best version.

And sorry, my mistake. Not that it matters much, since you know what I mean  Razz .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 am

I know what you mean but I don't want people to use the wrong terms since it only helps the misconception that they are the same thing, thus resulting with people all over the internet complaining how an "HD remake" didn't actually remake anything. It's because they weren't supposed to.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:04 pm

I wonder if Capcom is going to change the GameCubes in the game?

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 R507_010

Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Yeah most likely, it's not like CAPCOM to actually add anything new.

IDK, with the little effort put into the Silent Hill HD Collection (which is no where near as bad as people say. Got every achievement for the collection with no problems) KONAMI at least redid the voices for them. I don't see why they can't record the very small amount of dialogue (relatively) of REmake HD. It wouldn't cost much, and all of the lines could be recorded in less than a day.

Not only do I want it for consistency, but Roger Craig Smith is Chris Redfield, and I basically feel the same for DC Douglas for Wesker (although Wekser's voice isn't too hard to imitate). Even in Darkside Chronicles where they used Chris' REmake design Roger's voice fit him. To me, that's just how it is.

I will say this, the original voice acting for REmake is just fine. Nothing really wrong with it. Everyone gives a solid performance for the most part imo.
I hope they don't rerecord Jill with her Revelations voice, or at least have the option for the originals if they do. She was the worst Jill actress we've had since the original RE1.
She wasn't terrible... she was just really wooden. She actually voiced the little girl in Resident Evil Degeneration that Claire was watching over as well... which come to think of it she was pretty wooden there too.
She wasn't laughably bad like the original RE1 actors but she was still a step down from Jill's VAs in Remake, RE3 and RE5. There were a few times in Rev where she sounded so bored I felt like she was about to sigh and ask when she's getting paid.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:51 pm

[quote="37 Narwhals"]I wonder if Capcom is going to change the GameCubes in the game?

Good point.

Last edited by RE Psycho on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:54 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
I wonder if Capcom is going to change the GameCubes in the game?

Good point.We'll see if they change the design of the MO reader.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:01 am

Funny how when this was announced half the community has done nothing but shit all over it....not saying its you guys. From what I can see and tell those backgrounds have been re-rendered, did some comparisons from the gamecube renders and the images on the hd website and the HD versions have some differences not only in appearance to where some assets were rendered, but also the lighting itself has changed...and you can't Photoshop that kind of shit unlike what some people have said...

I'll be buying this just don't know which version I'll get, as for the disc reader if they are re-rendering the backgrounds I would assume that would also be changed maybe just to a generic reader like in the original RE(would be cool if they are changed into something else entirely though!)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 11:59 am

They'll change it to Dreamcast 2 and profetize the second coming! And Half Life 3 is confirmed.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For God's sake, man, use spoiler tags!)
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:29 pm

ThomVD wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
I'm really excited for the Trophies! Very Happy

Me too! We're definitely gonna get platinum, aren't we?  Very Happy
You better believe it!
Back to top Go down
BeatTheGG
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
BeatTheGG

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:
That reminds me that I probably should pick up RE4 HD sometime soon. That games nearly a decade old and I'm missing out on a supposed definitive take on it. >_<

What version(s) of the game do you have prior to HD? It's basically the same as the PS2 version with all its additions but looks prettier and has trophy support.
Unfortunately the only version I own now is the PS2 copy (in mint condition might I add  Cool ) A while back some guy was selling his PC port of RE4 during a yard sale. I was quick to buy it and rushed home. Low and behold, when I opened the case it had RE3 Nemesis and RE Outbreak in it with RE4 nowhere to be seen... I was pretty ticked, but kept them anyway  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:25 am

BeatTheGG wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:

Unfortunately the only version I own now is the PS2 copy (in mint condition might I add  Cool ) A while back some guy was selling his PC port of RE4 during a yard sale. I was quick to buy it and rushed home. Low and behold, when I opened the case it had RE3 Nemesis and RE Outbreak in it with RE4 nowhere to be seen... I was pretty ticked, but kept them anyway  Neutral

Well, at least you got two awesome games in its place. Unless, of course, you already had them, in which case that sucks. I have learned to check the cases of games I buy from places like that. This summer I bought a Namco Museum (forgot which one) for PS2 from a fair and when I got to my car and opened the case I found it empty. I got my money back after I returned it, though.

Was the RE3 in the case at least the PC version?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:

Well, at least you got two awesome games in its place. Unless, of course, you already had them, in which case that sucks. I have learned to check the cases of games I buy from places like that. This summer I bought a Namco Museum (forgot which one) for PS2 from a fair and when I got to my car and opened the case I found it empty. I got my money back after I returned it, though.

Was the RE3 in the case at least the PC version?

I have Namco Museum on the PS2. Booklet and all.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 pm

New comparison images

For some reason they didn't show a before image for the one with the biggest change so I'll show it here. Notice the lack of grass near Chris's feet.
Spoiler:
DXP wrote:
Funny how when this was announced half the community has done nothing but shit all over it....not saying its you guys. From what I can see and tell those backgrounds have been re-rendered, did some comparisons from the gamecube renders and the images on the hd website and the HD versions have some differences not only in appearance to where some assets were rendered, but also the lighting itself has changed...and you can't Photoshop that kind of shit unlike what some people have said...

I'll be buying this just don't know which version I'll get, as for the disc reader if they are re-rendering the backgrounds I would assume that would also be changed maybe just to a generic reader like in the original RE(would be cool if they are changed into something else entirely though!)
Capcom initially said on their forum that if they were to re-release the game, then it most likely would just be a straight port in SD with no changes, so I don't see the big deal if they didn't re-render them and just used Photoshop to make them clearer. Even Photoshopping the 2000-ish backgrounds the game has is more work than they originally offered. Either way the 'after' image above looks re-rendered to me.

I haven't decided if I'll get this since I bought a Wii mostly for this game not too long ago, maybe if they let us skip the door sequences or give us an extra game mode. I also quite liked the type-C controls the GC RE games had, and there's a good chance this won't have it since it wasn't in any non GC RE game.

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stretches page, added spoiler tags.)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:42 am

Join the viral campaign: https://game.capcom.com/campaign/biohd/

If the infection rate reaches 100% you'll get some bonus thing in the game.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:26 am

BeatTheGG wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:

I'll bet you learned to always look inside the case before buying games at a yard sale or flea market, right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:18 am

REHD trophy list has been released: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/09/17/resident-evil-achievement-and-trophy-list

It looks to have something for everyone. Platinum will be a bitch, though.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Speaking of this content....got an e-mail about it this morning:

Quote :
"Attention, all zombies!

Raccoon City is falling further and further into chaos due to the ever increasing zombie threat (good work!), forcing the United Nations to consider contacting the BSAA for assistance.

As a token of our gratitude for your hard work spreading the virus, we have decided to add Chris and Jill's BSAA costumes to the game if the contagion level reaches 100%!

So, keep on inviting your friends and let's get that meter up!"

BSAA...ffs capcom let it go, REmake...not re5 have they like forgotten their own canon to the point everything is BSAA now? -_- and of all the outfits to choose from they pick ones that a modder could shove in, in a matter of minutes? uhhh capcom....
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:54 pm

They could've at least put the outfit on Chris' old model instead of just using buff Chris, but it doesn't look like they will.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:52 pm

I honestly think it's pretty cool to have the BSAA outfits as bonus content. Don't be such negative nancies about everything, this is basically free DLC.

DXP wrote:
BSAA...ffs capcom let it go, REmake...not re5 have they like forgotten their own canon to the point everything is BSAA now?

Honestly? Dragging canon into this? How about HUNK being the actual Death or Jill dressing as Regina from Dino Crisis? What about Tofu? It's happened before, it's bonus content, it's not canon, it's not a big deal. Oh, and if you were talking about the email you got... It's a viral campaign. It's hardly canon either.

It's not like after unlocking the leather jacket it suddenly became a fact that Chris went to the mansion on a mission in his civilian gear.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:14 pm

On a more positive note, I'm sure I'd get a good laugh out of walking into the closet as normal Chris, then changing into buff Chris like he's the Hulk and going on a rampage through the mansion.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:21 pm

But we don't even know yet if they will be actual costumes or character models. I don't mind either way but basic costumes would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next