HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!

Go down 
+13
DXP
AzureSparkle
BeatTheGG
RebelliousQueen
RE Psycho
Mass Distraction
Known_Hero
PWNERX
37 Narwhals
RaviorStygian
Vandal
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 pm

I can has it for 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
The comments on the video are disheartening. Capcom actually listens to fans for once and people still complain about them doing exactly what was asked for. But that's YouTube for you.

Every decision Capcom makes from now on will always be the wrong one for some people
Pretty much. I guess complaining about Capcom is just the cool thing to do now instead of actually waiting for them to do something wrong. There's just no winning for them.

Capcom are a bunch of f#%k ups. They've been detached from the player community for years, which is they are going through money problems right now. This HD release is nothing more than a quick/cheap cash grab. Like Vandal said, I'm interested in finding out how much this decade old game is going to cost us. Porting with re0 would be a great move, unfortunately Capcom isn't known for making great moves so we'll see what happens.

Nonetheless, I'm excited! I've been waiting to play this game for years!
Calling them out on their fuck ups is one thing (which I have done many times), complaining about them doing the exact thing that was repeatedly asked of them is another. Yes it's easy cash, but that's not inherently bad. If someone asks for something and you do it for a quick buck, how is that a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:40 am

I will have sex with that game, that's how happy I am.

Known_Hero wrote:
Capcom are a bunch of f#%k ups. They've been detached from the player community for years, which is they are going through money problems right now. This HD release is nothing more than a quick/cheap cash grab. Like Vandal said, I'm interested in finding out how much this decade old game is going to cost us. Porting with re0 would be a great move, unfortunately Capcom isn't known for making great moves so we'll see what happens.

Wait, so... You are calling them out on the announcement yet you are excited to get it? How does that work?

37 Narwhals wrote:
Calling them out on their fuck ups is one thing (which I have done many times), complaining about them doing the exact thing that was repeatedly asked of them is another. Yes it's easy cash, but that's not inherently bad. If someone asks for something and you do it for a quick buck, how is that a bad thing?

Exactly. Besides, this is a great deal for those who never got to experience the games before this.

ThomVD wrote:
Limited edition confirmed in Japan:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05/resident-evil-hd-remaster-limited-edition-japan/

Do want. It will probably not be released over here though.

Guess what I'm going to be importing from Japan. Better yet, if they go for a bundle with RE0 like they did with Revival Selection and Chronicles HD Collection, I'm ordering that. I just so wish they would give us a retail version here too...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:52 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
The comments on the video are disheartening. Capcom actually listens to fans for once and people still complain about them doing exactly what was asked for. But that's YouTube for you.

Every decision Capcom makes from now on will always be the wrong one for some people
Pretty much. I guess complaining about Capcom is just the cool thing to do now instead of actually waiting for them to do something wrong. There's just no winning for them.

When did I say it was a bad thing? I'm just calling a spade a spade. I'm also not naive enough to believe that Capcom is doing this for the fans because history has proven that they don't give a f#%k about the fans. This quote explains my exact sentiment...

"We are never friends! Our interest align...temporarily"

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 Eqxcnm
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 am

DC Douglas just tweeted Capcom Unity that he's willing to do the voice of Wesker in the HD version if they want him to.

I tweeted Roger Craig Smith if he'll be voicing Chris for it, too.

I REALLY hope they redo the voices, at least for Chris and Wesker.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:44 am

That's nice, but I doubt it'll happen. They're just hauling over all their old files and giving it an HD make over.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 am

Yeah most likely, it's not like CAPCOM to actually add anything new.

IDK, with the little effort put into the Silent Hill HD Collection (which is no where near as bad as people say. Got every achievement for the collection with no problems) KONAMI at least redid the voices for them. I don't see why they can't record the very small amount of dialogue (relatively) of REmake HD. It wouldn't cost much, and all of the lines could be recorded in less than a day.

Not only do I want it for consistency, but Roger Craig Smith is Chris Redfield, and I basically feel the same for DC Douglas for Wesker (although Wekser's voice isn't too hard to imitate). Even in Darkside Chronicles where they used Chris' REmake design Roger's voice fit him. To me, that's just how it is.

I will say this, the original voice acting for REmake is just fine. Nothing really wrong with it. Everyone gives a solid performance for the most part imo.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:56 am

RaviorStygian wrote:

IDK, with the little effort put into the Silent Hill HD Collection (which is no where near as bad as people say. Got every achievement for the collection with no problems) KONAMI at least redid the voices for them. I don't see why they can't record the very small amount of dialogue (relatively) of REmake HD. It wouldn't cost much, and all of the lines could be recorded in less than a day.

Not only do I want it for consistency, but Roger Craig Smith is Chris Redfield, and I basically feel the same for DC Douglas for Wesker (although Wekser's voice isn't too hard to imitate). Even in Darkside Chronicles where they used Chris' REmake design Roger's voice fit him. To me, that's just how it is.

I will say this, the original voice acting for REmake is just fine. Nothing really wrong with it. Everyone gives a solid performance for the most part imo.
I hope they don't rerecord Jill with her Revelations voice, or at least have the option for the originals if they do. She was the worst Jill actress we've had since the original RE1.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:10 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I hope they don't rerecord Jill with her Revelations voice, or at least have the option for the originals if they do. She was the worst Jill actress we've had since the original RE1.
She wasn't terrible... she was just really wooden. She actually voiced the little girl in Resident Evil Degeneration that Claire was watching over as well... which come to think of it she was pretty wooden there too.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:15 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

ThomVD wrote:
Limited edition confirmed in Japan:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05/resident-evil-hd-remaster-limited-edition-japan/

Do want. It will probably not be released over here though.

Guess what I'm going to be importing from Japan. Better yet, if they go for a bundle with RE0 like they did with Revival Selection and Chronicles HD Collection, I'm ordering that. I just so wish they would give us a retail version here too...

Yes, your fluent japanese will help you through the game Razz, it will be a fun experience trying to guess what the text says, the puzzles were changed from the original to troll players.

The REmake VAs were decent enough, they don't need any change IMO
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 am

So are you guys going to use the new controls or the traditional RE controls?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:52 am

ThomVD wrote:

if it was an over the shoulder game, I would like the new control (for short I call it the L to aim and R to shoot) but since it is third person classic RE the classic controls are perfect.

Have to say that for the RE4 hd game I couldn't get used to ready the weapon with R aim with the left stick and shoot with a button, after playing all the new third person shooters games that control scheme feels odd
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 pm

I already have this on GC but I'll probably dl it just to be able to play it in HD, although I really much prefer a physical copy. Hopefully if this game gets enough support it will prompt Capcom to do an RE2 remake which so may fans are screaming for, this would make me extremely happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 pm

ThomVD wrote:

I'M gonna stick with the classic controls.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:28 pm

RE Psycho wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Me too. I will try the new controls, but they seem more difficult/inconvenient to use. With the classic controls you only have to push the stick forwards and you'll actually keep walking forwards, even when the camera angle changes. With the new controls you'll have to push the stick in a different direction everytime the camera angle changes, which will be a real annoyance.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 pm

ThomVD wrote:
RE Psycho wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Me too. I will try the new controls, but they seem more difficult/inconvenient to use. With the classic controls you only have to push the stick forwards and you'll actually keep walking forwards, even when the camera angle changes. With the new controls you'll have to push the stick in a different direction everytime the camera angle changes, which will be a real annoyance.

Yes same here. Classic will always win my heart. I will stick more to the classic controls rather to stay to the newest controls nowadays.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:34 am

ThomVD wrote:
RE Psycho wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

After having a horrible time controlling Outbreak, there's no way I would use the "new" controls. Uh uh. No way no how.

I'm really excited for the Trophies! Very Happy

As for the over-the-shoulder RE games, I almost always use the Classic RE4 control scheme. The only exception is 6. For some reason I use more modern controls for that one. But for RE5 and Rev, I stick with the RE4 control scheme.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:49 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I'm really excited for the Trophies! Very Happy

Me too! We're definitely gonna get platinum, aren't we?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BeatTheGG
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
BeatTheGG

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:04 am

Cool news actually. I mean it's a little odd seeing as I could just go ham on the gamecube version (which I find perfect in every way honestly), but I'm curious to see what they're doing here. Also no physical release over in the west? That wont be cool Sad I can deal with DL I guess but I usually prefer a disc.
As for controls I'll be sticking to the classic. I just can't imagine playing 1-3 with 4's controls. It seems unorthodox in nature (not that I don't like the controls 4 introduced, they are awesome!) So yeah, I'll keep my eyes peeled on this game. I'm honestly hesitant on buying an new RE games thanks to RE5, RE6 and ORC. A "GOOD" HD port would soften to blow that the series have be given me as of late. :3
Back to top Go down
AzureSparkle
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
AzureSparkle

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:11 am

Um okay. Re-Remakes in HD Remaster...*Shrug*
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:03 pm

BeatTheGG wrote:
As for controls I'll be sticking to the classic. I just can't imagine playing 1-3 with 4's controls. It seems unorthodox in nature (not that I don't like the controls 4 introduced, they are awesome!)

Just want to point out that the controls in RE4 are pretty much the same as 1-3  Wink They just changed the camera, but it still has tank controls. Also, the new controls work as follows. Your character will actually move in the direction that you point your stick at, so no tank controls. To me this seems really inconvenient due to the constant change of camera angles.

AzureSparkle wrote:
Um okay. Re-Remakes in HD Remaster...*Shrug*

You think releasing one of the most overlooked RE games on consoles owned by a lot of people that never got the chance to play it, because it was exclusive to a console that sold poorly, is a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
BeatTheGG
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
BeatTheGG

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:26 pm

ThomVD wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:
As for controls I'll be sticking to the classic. I just can't imagine playing 1-3 with 4's controls. It seems unorthodox in nature (not that I don't like the controls 4 introduced, they are awesome!)

Just want to point out that the controls in RE4 are pretty much the same as 1-3  Wink They just changed the camera, but it still has tank controls. Also, the new controls work as follows. Your character will actually move in the direction that you point your stick at, so no tank controls. To me this seems really inconvenient due to the constant change of camera angles.

Really? It's been a while since I've played RE4 on the PS2 (would you believe me if I told you I have yet to play the HD version?) From what I remember, it seemed more fluid with better context for action. scratch I always found it to be more friendly as apposed to the old REvil's somewhat difficult to master controls. Admittedly the camera played a huge role in it. If it was tanked like you say then my mistake silent 
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:31 pm

BeatTheGG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:

Really? It's been a while since I've played RE4 on the PS2 (would you believe me if I told you I have yet to play the HD version?) From what I remember, it seemed more fluid with better context for action. scratch I always found it to be more friendly as apposed to the old REvil's somewhat difficult to master controls. Admittedly the camera played a huge role in it. If it was tanked like you say then my mistake silent 

Well, it IS a lot easier to get used to RE4, but that's because of the camera really, so you are definitely right about it being more user friendly, but if you look at the control scheme, it is still the same aside from the knife being assigned to a button, and it still has tank controls. I can understand people thinking the controls are different though. It feels like it.
Back to top Go down
BeatTheGG
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
BeatTheGG

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:37 pm

ThomVD wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:

Well, it IS a lot easier to get used to RE4, but that's because of the camera really, so you are definitely right about it being more user friendly, but if you look at the control scheme, it is still the same aside from the knife being assigned to a button, and it still has tank controls. I can understand people thinking the controls are different though. It feels like it.

Well either way it's cool to get the option to play with either, agreed?

That reminds me that I probably should pick up RE4 HD sometime soon. That games nearly a decade old and I'm missing out on a supposed definitive take on it. >_<
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:42 pm

BeatTheGG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
BeatTheGG wrote:

Well either way it's cool to get the option to play with either, agreed?

That reminds me that I probably should pick up RE4 HD sometime soon. That games nearly a decade old and I'm missing out on a supposed definitive take on it. >_<

Absolutely! The more options the better of course  Smile . As long as they also keep the classic controls in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!   BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BREAKING RE NERDY NEWS!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next