HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?

Go down 
+7
PWNERX
Shrike
hunter destroyer
Vandal
Mass Distraction
00biohazard
Nobudy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which campaign do you think was more important?
Leon
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_lcap0%Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chris
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_lcap60%Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
Jake
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_lcap30%Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Ada
Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_lcap10%Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Empty
PostSubject: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 am

Resident Evil isn't known for its story apparently, but the fact that it has 4 storylines adding with my over-analyzing of things make me wonder, which story in general was the most important? Even though Leon was stated to be the "main main character" of the game, I feel like he was just the root of the plot, but not the most important. All his story really is was a revenge story and a stupid 15 year old romance sub-plot. Chris and Jake's campaigns are more important if you ask me. But even then, out of those two, Chris' was most important. We know of the whole saying of "Prevention is better than cure" quote. If Chris and Piers died before killing HAOS, it might have spread the virus faster than. And even if the cure was created afterwards, most of the population would end up becoming Zombies/J'avo. I'm not going to say anything about Ada because we still have no idea of what she wants. She may have been important to Leon's story, but his story didn't really put the world at risk.

My pros and Cons about the 4 campaigns (gameplay wise and story wise)

Leon Pros

• RE4 feeling
  • Fighting zombies in a main game again without the tank controls, up down middle aiming, and camera angles.
  • [Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle

Leon Cons

• Zombies grabbing you actually takes health away (1/2-3 blocks depending on the difficulty and skill settings) and then more once they actually start biting. I know RE4 did this, but that's because the Ganados had you in a choke-hold. All other positions took no health.
  • Leon's so-called "love" for Ada is even more annoying than the previous Ada encounters. I just don't see what he sees in Ada considering he only knew her for about 2 hours 15 years ago, a few minutes of interaction 6 years later and another 7 years later. His foolishness indirectly caused more problems for Chris, Piers, and the real Ada. Because of this, he gets into a fight that he started with Chris. He was pretty much willing to kill Chris if he shot Ada.
  • He's perfectly fine with hunting down the man who caused the Tall Oaks outbreak and the cause of his friend's death, but when Chris hunts down the women who caused three outbreaks (Edonia, Wayip, and Tachi), created a B.O.W of mass possible international destruction, and killed his team (which he sort of fathered), he's willing to shoot Chris and tell him to "do the right thing". Granted, he thought it was Ada, but still. He contradicted his own quote from Degeneration about Bio-terrorists.
  • Why couldn't there have been more survivors? It's like everytime Leon and Helena encountered someone, that person would be killed (Tall Oaks initial survivors, Cathedral survivors, Plane passengers, Tachi survivors, and even the B.S.A.A). It seems like those two were the only survivors of the Tall Oaks and Tachi.

Chris Pros

• The mechanics are ok I guess for a third person shooter if you know how to use the controls properly.
  • The story shows that even the most calmest people can lose their grove and that not everyone gets a happy ending
  • The Haos chase scene is my favorite sprinting part in the game. The soundtrack works with it as well (Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaPBgedWIg)

Chris Cons

• Piers' acting like a dick towards Finn in ch2. He gets better, but still. It wasn't all his fault Carla escaped.
  • Some parts of the game just have too much thrown at you. The armored choppers especially. You can't land a hit on them without going down yourself.
  • Why didn't Chris or Piers simply shoot Carla in the leg so her chances of escape are slimmer? It's just like the Excella, Irving, and Salazar thing.

Jake Pros

• Literal Hand to Hand combat.
  • Ustanak adding that Nemesis feel. Nemesis is one of my favorite static camera games.
  • Having the most story intersections
  • Wesker having a son is neutral for me. I can only imagine a drunk Wesker having a one-night stand and using his RE1 cheesiness to win Jake's soon to be mother

Jake Cons

• Ustanak's plot driven tools got to me. First he has some extendable hand claw, then goes to a drill that kills you in one hit. During those parts, you pretty much teleport into his grip if he catches you
  • Jake's hand to hand combat is kind of overpowered since he pretty much teleports from enemy to enemy. It's more annoying during Agent Hunt. Though he did inject the C-Virus in him plus Wesker's blood might have a factor in this.
  • Sherry's healing factor was only used once and mentioned in a gag. Though it's never useable in gameplay (in-contrast to Piers' electrokinesis)

Ada Pros

• Tied up some things in the game

Ada cons

• Her character is too self-glorifying
  • She's more arrogant and cocky than RE4 Leon
  • No explanation of her motives at all
  • She's pretty much more invincible than the rest of the cast. Even more so than Sherry, Jake, and Piers
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:10 am

In terms of story, Chris.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:38 am

Most important to the overall story of RE6 itself or in general?

If in general, then Chris. It killed off a major-ish character and developed Chris' character a bit.

Ada's was mostly important to the game itself but had no real meaning in the overall picture of the franchise.

Leon's story was not important at all, apart from killing off the president who we never really even saw in the games to begin with. We'll have another one in the next part. I can't really tell about Jake's yet as he is new to the franchise and we don't know if they decide to follow his storyline in the future.

Nobudy wrote:
I just don't see what he sees in Ada considering he only knew her for about 2 hours 15 years ago, a few minutes of interaction 6 years later and another 7 years later.
It's pretty clear that they have spent some time with each other in between the games after RE4. This according to Damnation. So to say, their encounters and relationship aren't tied to what we see on screen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 am

I'm going to go ahead and say Jake, mainly because Capcom wanted his story to be important. If it weren't for his blood there wouldn't have been a stop to the entire fiasco.

Edit: Leon's campaign was fanservice. Bad fanservice at that.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 am

Vandal wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and say Jake, mainly because Capcom wanted his story to be important. If it weren't for his blood there wouldn't have been a stop to the entire fiasco.

And a poor revenge story. Apparently it's ok for Leon to kill his friend's killer, but it's wrong for Chris to try to kill the woman who killed 2x more than Simmons did.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:39 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:

And a poor revenge story. Apparently it's ok for Leon to kill his friend's killer, but it's wrong for Chris to try to kill the woman who killed 2x more than Simmons did.

Leon's friend's sister's killer. Honestly, this is why Leon is the most unimportant character in the game.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 am

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Leon's friend's sister's killer. Honestly, this is why Leon is the most unimportant character in the game.
Come to think of it, you're right. The only major thing he really did was provide info on Jake and reveal his whereabouts to Chris and Piers. Other than that, he was a walking bad luck charm for any survivors he encountered.
Back to top Go down
hunter destroyer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
hunter destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 am

I thought Jake and Sherry's campaign was pretty cool. I liked how they brought Sherry back into the plot. However, I also enjoyed all the spying and sneaking around in Ada's campaign.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 am

Jake's and Sherry's was the most important. I don't get why did you have to type pros and cons to campaigns there, because it doesn't mean anything when it comes to your first question. Going by pros and cons, Chris's was the best.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Come to think of it, you're right. The only major thing he really did was provide info on Jake and reveal his whereabouts to Chris and Piers. Other than that, he was a walking bad luck charm for any survivors he encountered.
It wasn't even Leon who did that, it was Hunnigan. Yeah, anyone with Leon tended to have a poor survival rate. People on the bus, the church, the plane... hmm.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Bad Luck Leon Jokes on the way?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:07 am

While for me Ada's the most relevant. I just realized her campaign wasn't all that important in terms of story. I should've voted for Chris'.

Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? BlairRoll_zpsb7252733

Last edited by Paperface* on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:15 am

PWNERX wrote:
Bad Luck Leon Jokes on the way?
Yup.

Nobudy wrote:
Someone here should make a Resident Evil memes section where we post all of the protagonist's and antagonist's misfortunes.
And so it happened: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4995-resident-evil-memes

Incidentally, you were the first post.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 am

Is Chris' plot really that important? I feel like the game could have only been Jake and Ada and we would have been fine. Sure a character died in Chris' campaign, but he died in his own debut. In the end, it really didn't have to be Chris, it could have been any group of soldiers that had been taken advantage of by Carla. They could have easily used some other plot pushing incidents like they did in the actual campagin. In the end, the game is fanservice.

"Oh want horror? The first two levels in Leon's campaign looks like an actual horror game if you squint your eyes."
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:54 am

It was his debut in the games but not in the overall series. That's why I felt like pointing him out.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:03 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
It was his debut in the games but not in the overall series. That's why I felt like pointing him out.
Well it's the first time most people saw him, so while it may not be his first canonical appearance, he was never in a game before then, and will probably never be in another game after. Don't get me wrong: I enjoyed Chris' campaign the most because of Peirs' character and his dedication, but as far as I'm concerned, it still had no baring on who's story was the most important and had the most impact to the series.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 am

Um, Chris Campaign?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am

PWNERX wrote:
Um, Chris Campaign?
What are you talking about? Your posts don't have any value or weight in the discussion. Why don't you post something useful instead of trying to boost your arbitrary post count?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:31 am

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Um, Chris Campaign?
What are you talking about? Your posts don't have any value or weight in the discussion. Why don't you post something useful instead of trying to boost your arbitrary post count?
He meant that Chris' campaign, in his opinion, was the most important campaign. I think he stuck with the original programming rather well.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:33 am

Right, my bad. This was just during his spamstorm.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 am

I always thought Chris and Jake's were the most important because their stories actually played a part in saving the world. Leon and Ada's (especially Ada's) were more selfish and self-serving.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:50 am

Well I think Ada is pretty important because without her, this whole thing wouldn't have happened pretty much. Again, it was all pathetic plot pushing devices, and the entire campagin did nothing to me.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:36 pm

In shorter terms...it's all Ada's fault. And even making her the catalyst of the story we STILL don't know what she's trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Nobudy wrote:
In shorter terms...it's all Ada's fault. And even making her the catalyst of the story we STILL don't know what she's trying to do.
Pretty much this. Best post on this thread yet.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Vandal wrote:
Well I think Ada is pretty important because without her, this whole thing wouldn't have happened pretty much. Again, it was all pathetic plot pushing devices, and the entire campagin did nothing to me.

Ada individually was the most important. But we're talking about the campaign, Not the character.
What was important in her campaign that contributed to RE and it's story?
Didn't we just learn about Carla's true motives and what Simmons had done to her in Ada's campaign?
Or is there something else i'm missing?

Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Tumblr_lvsozykoCh1qjejg2o1_500_zpse901da75

Don't get me wrong though. I still think she was the most important character in RE6. Her campaign just didn't affect me story wise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?   Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which RE6 Campaign do you think was the most important? What are your Pros & Cons for all 4?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next