Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Jakes Campaign! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Jakes Campaign! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Jakes Campaign! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Jakes Campaign! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Jakes Campaign! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Jakes Campaign! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Jakes Campaign! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Jakes Campaign!

Go down 
+9
Industrial Ridden
Patrick Wesker
Shrike
Known_Hero
Vandal
Mcghie
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
Jamesy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:50 am

Am I the only one who found Jakes campaign to be the most enjoyable in RE6?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 am

Jamesy wrote:
I actually like all of them in their own way except Ada's. Leon's campaign showed a proper version of survival horror and later survival action for someone with his experience. Chris for his Military experience and survival action. Even though Jake was new to fighting B.O.Ws, his combat experience from being a mercenary gave him and advantage along with getting the positives of the C-Virus (did he really?). Ada on the other hand was some invincible self-loathing narcissist. Even worse was Carla Ada, I wish she was properly shot rather than injected.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 am

I liked all four equally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

I liked them all to be honest.
However I didn't expect to enjoy Chris's campaign the most.
There was something about it, always had me on my toes and the lack of ammo to enemies ratio really caused me to up the ante and try hard to beat his campaign.
I did like Leon's story but thought it could have been much more, maybe I was just putting
to much expectation into it before RE6 was released and that's what caused me to fell this way.
Or is could have just been that Capcom went all out on Chris's campaign and never really done there best with Leon's.
Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Mcghie wrote:
I liked them all to be honest.
However I didn't expect to enjoy Chris's campaign the most.
There was something about it, always had me on my toes and the lack of ammo to enemies ratio really caused me to up the ante and try hard to beat his campaign.
I did like Leon's story but thought it could have been much more, maybe I was just putting
to much expectation into it before RE6 was released and that's what caused me to fell this way.
Or is could have just been that Capcom went all out on Chris's campaign and never really done there best with Leon's.
Who knows.

Leon's story was good and in some parts not so good. The later parts of Chris campaign was the best in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I liked all four equally.
I personally thought they were all equally bad.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I actually like all of them in their own way except Ada's. Leon's campaign showed a proper version of survival horror and later survival action for someone with his experience. Chris for his Military experience and survival action. Even though Jake was new to fighting B.O.Ws, his combat experience from being a mercenary gave him and advantage along with getting the positives of the C-Virus (did he really?). 

Blah blah blah. It's all plot armor. You're trying to justify the game's bullshit. The truth is these characters all have the same skills and abilities. All of them are experts at survival tactics, martial arts, marksmanship, strategic planning, BOW killing, etc. EVERYONE in this game is a freakin Power Ranger. The only explanation is lazy writing from Capcom. Creating a diverse cast requires thinking and Capcom doesn't like to think anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I actually like all of them in their own way except Ada's. Leon's campaign showed a proper version of survival horror and later survival action for someone with his experience. Chris for his Military experience and survival action. Even though Jake was new to fighting B.O.Ws, his combat experience from being a mercenary gave him and advantage along with getting the positives of the C-Virus (did he really?). 

Blah blah blah. It's all plot armor. You're trying to justify the game's bullshit. The truth is these characters all have the same skills and abilities. All of them are experts at survival tactics, martial arts, marksmanship, strategic planning, BOW killing, etc. EVERYONE in this game is a freakin Power Ranger. The only explanation is lazy writing from Capcom. Creating a diverse cast requires thinking and Capcom doesn't like to think anymore.
So very true. I find it so weird that Jake is younger than me by two years. The power ranger analogy works so well here since they really are all the same, they just have different skins. That's what bugged my the most about Resident Evil ever since Re5 where the only difference between Sheva and Chris was that Sheva was a lefty and her screen was on the opposite side, otherwise, she was just as fast, strong, and weapon proficient as Chris despite beingnearly 10 years younger. It was just ridiculous by the time Resident Evil 6 came around to seven carbon copy characters with different voices.

Edit: If you want to describe Resident Evil 6 as a proper survival horror experience I find that funny.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 am

Vandal wrote:

If you want to describe Resident Evil 6 as a proper survival horror experience I find that funny.

I would back this up and continue by saying it's ridiculous, not funny.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:11 am

Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

If you want to describe Resident Evil 6 as a proper survival horror experience I find that funny.

I would back this up and continue by saying it's ridiculous, not funny.
It's ridiculously funny.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 am

Leon's campaign was survival horror to the bone
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 am

*sitcom laugh sound*
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I'm not sure if you've noticed this as well, but many of the animations are too similar. No way am I trying to say that 6 is perfect. What game is perfect? I'm only trying to justify the gameplay reasons. You can't expect Leon, Chris, Sherry, and Ada to be the same as they were in 1998. However, no matter how experienced they were, they would have been killed years ago from all these solo missions had they not been written to. When I did first play However, I expected more main characters to die (They were planning on killing Chris as one of the planned multiple endings.) And I expected Leon, Chris, Helena, and Ada to die as well.

And whoever did say this is a down to root survival horror game is wrong. This series hasn't seen a complete survival horror game since the 1st half of Code Veronica, and even then, the "actionization" began as early as Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 am

Jamesy wrote:
Leon's campaign was survival horror to the bone
That's the worst sarcasm I've ever read.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 am

Nobudy wrote:
. You can't expect Leon, Chris, Sherry, and Ada to be the same as they were in 1998

And that's the problem. The RE characters all evolved into invincible "badasses". Like I said before, this is a result of lazy character progression from the writers. RE7 will likely follow the same path of blandness. We have reached the point of no return. The Resident Evil brand is becoming synonymous with disappointment. The ONLY way to breathe life back into this franchise is to reboot the entire series. Start from the beginning. This time, make the characters more relatable, make the situations more horrorific, and give Leon and freakin haircut!

@Vandal

Laughing 

I will admit that chapters 1 and 2 of Leon's campaign were the best in the entire game. The campaign dropped into silly bullsheet territory when they reach the catacombs section. Everything went downhill after that. How do you from running away from zombies to fighting a mutated T-Rex? Where's the consistency?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:23 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
. You can't expect Leon, Chris, Sherry, and Ada to be the same as they were in 1998

And that's the problem. The RE characters all evolved into invincible "badasses". Like I said before, this is a result of lazy character progression from the writers. RE7 will likely follow the same path of blandness. We have reached the point of no return. The Resident Evil brand is becoming synonymous with disappointment. The ONLY way to breathe life back into this franchise is to reboot the entire series. Start from the beginning. This time, make the characters more relatable, make the situations more horrorific, and give Leon and freakin haircut!
They turned B.O.W fighting into a career for 15 years. It makes sense that they would get better with time. That's like getting mad at a computer engineer for being better over time compared to his first year of being a computer engineer. Besides, the only reason they're invincible is because they're Main Characters. As I mentioned before, if this was reality, they would have died in their first or second game. And no the series doesn't need a complete reboot. All it needs are new characters new to fighting B.O.Ws with little to no combat experience in a "passing the torch" kind of way. But then again, after another 15 years, you'll complain about those new character being "invincible badasses". And as for the "Non horrific situations", put yourself into the character's shoes and think about it for a while. Viral Campaign gave hints that the characters have nightmares of their experience(s).
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Patrick Wesker

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:31 pm

I have yet to play RE 6, but in RE 5 we had main characters doing everything from Chris punching boulders apart, surviving Wesker literally uppercut-kicking his jaw, along with Chris and Sheva crash landing a plane into the center of a volcano, without a scratch. At least Leon received a scratch under his eye from the knife fight with Krauser. They were almost more resilient than Wesker! In Code Veronica, Chris really felt it when Wesker hit him, he really stood no chance, and Rebecca did not even attempt to fight back. Are the heroes of RE 6 just as indestructible? I know that it features Jake going toe to toe and defeating the Ustanak in a fistfight, but that might (hopefully) have something to do with the C-virus?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Patrick Wesker wrote:
I have yet to play RE 6, but in RE 5 we had main characters doing everything from Chris punching boulders apart, surviving Wesker literally uppercut-kicking his jaw, along with Chris and Sheva crash landing a plane into the center of a volcano, without a scratch. At least Leon received a scratch under his eye from the knife fight with Krauser. They were almost more resilient than Wesker! In Code Veronica, Chris really felt it when Wesker hit him, he really stood no chance, and Rebecca did not even attempt to fight back. Are the heroes of RE 6 just as indestructible? I know that it features Jake going toe to toe and defeating the Ustanak in a fistfight, but that might (hopefully) have something to do with the C-virus?
I hope it was too. Jake is no where near Ustanak's size in terms of Muscle yet managed to punch him into lava. Not only that, but apparently it seems that all of the Wesker children were injected with some kind of Virus when they were kids. I guess that plus Jake injecting himself with the C-Virus gave him his Speed, Strength, and Agility.

Welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Nobudy wrote:
They turned B.O.W fighting into a career for 15 years. It makes sense that they would get better with time. That's like getting mad at a computer engineer for being better over time compared to his first year of being a computer engineer. Besides, the only reason they're invincible is because they're Main Characters. As I mentioned before, if this was reality, they would have died in their first or second game. And no the series doesn't need a complete reboot. All it needs are new characters new to fighting B.O.Ws with little to no combat experience in a "passing the torch" kind of way. But then again, after another 15 years, you'll complain about those new character being "invincible badasses". And as for the "Non horrific situations", put yourself into the character's shoes and think about it for a while. Viral Campaign gave hints that the characters have nightmares of their experience(s).

15 years, you say? Irrelevant. Why didn't it take Sherry and Helena that long to become expert BOW killers? I know why.....it's called plot armor. 

New characters? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! He said "new characters"! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

New characters?!?!? What you think they've been trying to do all of this time? Every new character they try to implement gets rejected simply because weren't in RE1-3. The RE community HATES new characters. Another thing: why would you "pass the torch" to an inexperienced character? Don't forget,we aren't fighting braindead zombies or infected dogs anymore. This is a totally different ball game. A new inexperienced character wouldn't make sense. This franchise is dead, my friend. Rebooting the series is the ONLY solution here.

For the last time, I don't care about the viral campaign. I only care about ingame events.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:00 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

15 years, you say? Irrelevant. Why didn't it take Sherry and Helena that long to become expert BOW killers? I know why.....it's called plot armor. 

New characters? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! He said "new characters"! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

New characters?!?!? What you think they've been trying to do all of this time? Every new character they try to implement gets rejected simply because weren't in RE1-3. The RE community HATES new characters. Another thing: why would you "pass the torch" to an inexperienced character? Don't forget,we aren't fighting braindead zombies or infected dogs anymore. This is a totally different ball game. A new inexperienced character wouldn't make sense. This franchise is dead, my friend. Rebooting the series is the ONLY solution here.

For the last time, I don't care about the viral campaign. I only care about ingame events.
How is the length of experience irrelevant? If you have 15 years of engineering, retail, or some other experience and you don't post it on a resume for a company requiring said experience, do you think you'd have a good chance of being hired?

Like I said about plot armor, they're MAIN characters in a series where main characters pretty much never die. I've said it countless times that these characters would be dead within their first or second game if this were the real world.

In the case of New characters from 6, no one seems to have any problems with Piers and maybe Helena as much as Sheva. You say you want the horror back, but according to you, no one wants new characters. Leon, Chris, and Ada have done this thing for so long. Using jump scare stuff can only last so long before they say "Oh great what does this fucker want jumping through glass?" Ada's pretty much like that now (too much).

And who's to say that zombies and dogs are gone? If they can make a C-Virus variant that isn't too different from T-Virus zombies and Cerberus, who's to say they can't make another virus variant? Leave the zombies to the new character(s) with little experience, and leave the more advanced B.O.Ws like J'avo to a veteran character like Leon, Chris, or Jill. Besides, you were the one who was still thinking it's 1998.

Like it or not, Viral Campaign is canon. It takes place sometime after 5. And again, just because YOU think the franchise is dead, doesn't confirm the majority agree. The so called "majority" thought it was dead after Nemesis came out because the formula was stale and look how that turned out. More games coming out since then. We're a community forum of some 100+ people so as far as we know we're not the majority. Since the video game industry is obviously a business, they'll go for what the majority want which I won't assume what it is. I like all of the main games equally bar 0, so I really don't care about what direction the series goes through let it be action or horror.

Since you say you want a reboot of this series, expect the same process we're going through now. Survival horror to survival action to action.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 pm

For me, Jake's Campaign was the funnest of the four. Leon's was more RE based, Chris's was more action and story based, and Ada's was just......boring.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:28 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
For me, Jake's Campaign was the funnest of the four. Leon's was more RE based, Chris's was more action and story based, and Ada's was just......boring.
Speking of Ada, I hated her less in 4 and 2 than I do now. As I always say, there's always something better, but there's always something worse. If you complain too much about any subject, you might end up getting something worse rather than better. I complained so much about Ada in 4 and now she has an even worse version. I guess I'll stop complaining about 6's Ada. But regardless, the game's plot is all her fault.
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 am

The hand to hand combat and his back story and him being a merc is what did it for me in his campaign.
Back to top Go down
http://gamergeneration.forumotion.com/
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 am

@Nobudy

You're right, I can't speak for everyone....but I can speak for myself: if the next RE game isn't survival horror(item management, creepy atmosphere, immersive story) then I'm done with this franchise. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:51 am

Known_Hero wrote:
@Nobudy

You're right, I can't speak for everyone....but I can speak for myself: if the next RE game isn't survival horror(item management, creepy atmosphere, immersive story) then I'm done with this franchise. Plain and simple.
And that's what any consumer should do when they don't like a product. It's nothing personal, it's Just Business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jakes Campaign! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jakes Campaign!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next