Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Pros and Cons of Revelations

Go down 
+5
PWNERX
Shrike
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
RaviorStygian
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

The Pros and Cons of Revelations Empty
PostSubject: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:11 pm

The game, not the final book of the Bible. Razz Oh I make myself laugh.

What are your pros and cons for Revelations? The HD version is what I'm talking about:

Pros:
Excellently fun story with fun characters.
Awesomely goofy and memorable dialogue.
Interesting and fun enemy design.
Perfect controls (Classic for me).
Great soundtrack.
Raid mode is easily the best game mode in any Resident Evil game.
Every character is useful in some way, even the defaults!
Unlocking HUNK is a great motive for doing everything that's under the sun in Raid mode.
"I'm buying you lunch. Neutral"

Cons:
The Airstrip level in Raid (The only major con really. It's a kidney stone made of ones and zeros).
No selection of chapters in Campaign. Not even a cutscene library or sound test.
Over abuse of Scagdeads and Rock Monsters in Raid mode on higher difficulties.

If you look at the cons, you can tell that I really, really like this game, since very few aspects of the game annoy me.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Pros- great enemies, great atmosphere, great setting

Cons- graphics are dodgy in parts, episodes too short, voice acting too cheesy(what's new), not enough time playing as Chris, Those invisible hunters were just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:34 am

The HD version only?

As someone who already owns the original version I would say that the few new Raid mode characters are both the pros and the cons, from what I see. Sure, it's nice to have more characters to play as but it's also not enough to make me buy the whole game all over again.

Note that I haven't bought the HD version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:08 am

Pros
- back to being survival horror
- the scanning thing, what was it called? E something. It was fun.
- good atmosphere
- great environment, except the pretty bad and boring flashback to Terragrigia.
- Some boss fights were great.
- Jill
- Again, Jill
- Chris
- Quint and... what was the other one called? They were a nice add-on to the story.
- Okay story. By far better that the crap we had in 6.
- This one had actually okay dialogue, even though I hate all RE dialogues because they are really moronic, but when you see other RE games, this one was decent, so I will put it in Pros for the game.

Cons
- Might be because I played on PC, but the controls aren't that well done. There is no moving sideways except with the mouse and you just strafe slowly using S and D, which is really annoying.
- Could have put a bit more time playing as Chris, although I can't complain that we had Jill because we didn't control her since Nemesis, which sucks.
- Parker survived the fall. Just horrible storytelling by Capcom. Again. They always do this kind of moronic shit. It's like it's made for 10 year olds who are like: Oh, he is alive! Thank the heavens!
- Terragrigia flashback when playing Parker. It was boring and generic, and I hate seeing 73486584365 Hunters like they make them from fucking milk or something. Just horrible.
- As someone already said, those invisible Hunters were just wtf. Bad, bad idea.
- Map was pretty bad.
- The shooting from those cannons on ship and helicopter. It's like Dino Crisis 2 all over again, except that this time it wasn't fun at all. Those parts of the game were just bad.
- Dodge mechanics were...dodgy.

Overall, the game is awesome. Those cons I said didn't bother me in the least bit like 6 bothered me, for example. As I said, overall a game that is a hundred times better then 6. When we are at that, for me it's probably better then 4 and 5 too to an extent, but that's just me. Sure, the mechanic (especially of 5) by far exceeds Revelations, but I love survival horror way more than what we had in 4 and 5.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:11 am

Shrike wrote:
I can't complain that we had Jill because we didn't control her since Nemesis, which sucks.
Correction: Lost in Nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Shrike wrote:
I can't complain that we had Jill because we didn't control her since Nemesis, which sucks.

I don't count DLCs. Just the original games. I hate that she wasn't in the original RE5. DLCs are just cheap bullshit from Capcom/Bioware and a few other companies.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:28 am

Shrike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Shrike wrote:

I don't count DLCs. Just the original games. I hate that she wasn't in the original RE5. DLCs are just cheap bullshit from Capcom/Bioware and a few other companies.
Not counting DLC even if it's original story? Sheesh, that's harsh. I honestly don't care who I play as in a game as long as it's not Chris/Leon/Jill/Ada in the next game.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Not counting DLC even if it's original story? Sheesh, that's harsh. I honestly don't care who I play as in a game as long as it's not Chris/Leon/Jill/Ada in the next game.

I agree about Chris/Leon/Jill/Ada thing, maybe minus Jill because even though we did just have her in Revelations, she and Claire should definitely be played more. But, I'd also like Claire more than anyone for the next game. But, whoever it is, I just don't want Leon or Ada the most. They are just... ugh. Give me Billy or Barry. Or even Sherry again. Rebecca could show up too, didn't see her since Zero.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 am

Come one, WTF has Barry Been all these years? Eating sandwiches?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 am

PWNERX wrote:
Come one, WTF has Barry Been all these years? Eating sandwiches?
Spending time with his family in Canada.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 am

.....while eating sandwiches. Excuse now validified.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Hmm. By now, his daughters should be in their late teens at youngest.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The HD version only?

As someone who already owns the original version I would say that the few new Raid mode characters are both the pros and the cons, from what I see. Sure, it's nice to have more characters to play as but it's also not enough to make me buy the whole game all over again.

Note that I haven't bought the HD version.
lol you can talk about whatever version you want, I just chose the HD version to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Eh... I've already said what I came to say. I'll add some more if I think of something.

Nobudy wrote:
Hmm. By now, his daughters should be in their late teens at youngest.
And Barry himself is closing retirement age.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Cons- Jill's face and voice, some annoying enemies and how tedious and seemingly impossible it is to unlock all the Raid Mode characters. Seriously, I just freaking want Jill and Chris' outfits and HUNK, is that too much to ask for? oh, and I hate Jill's new outfit. The joke one, she's a piarate.

Yay 800 posts!!!

Oh, and I agree with Shrike on a few cons. I wasn't too find of the Terrigrigia flashback levels. The cutscenes of its destruction was pretty though. And yes, WTH is up with all the Hunters?! They used to be te most badass enemy in RE, now they are as generic and overused as your basic zombies pretty much. Oh, an I hated that everybody lived at the end, like Parker. This is RE, people NEED to DIE! Rember the Mansion Incident? How lame it would have been if all o Bravo and Alpha team survived except for Wesker. The Mansion "almost tragic" Incident. RER had a cool and dark story, we could have gone with losing one or two characters that we came to like, such as Parker.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Oh, an I hated that everybody lived at the end, like Parker. This is RE, people NEED to DIE! Rember the Mansion Incident? How lame it would have been if all o Bravo and Alpha team survived except for Wesker. The Mansion "almost tragic" Incident. RER had a cool and dark story, we could have gone with losing one or two characters that we came to like, such as Parker.

This was my main problem with Revelations. Parker had what, 2 'death' scenes? 3? He falls into a f'in explosion. Ridiculous. There was no way Quint and Keith should have survived either.

Another con would be that, again, Capcom bring in a bunch of useless characters that you know will never show up in the future. Why could we not have had Barry, or even Carlos in place of someone like Parker (who I still like btw)? But they do it every game, so eh.

Pros would be the soundtrack. Oh god, that soundtrack <3 And everything else basically. I loved a surprising amount of Revelations.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Once you get to the 40's, Raid mode becomes a tedious chore of grinding. Plus, Abyss mode is downright awful, and not well thought out. It's "abyssmal," if I may be so bold.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:01 am

The game should have been on the consoles to begin with. Now the port looks rather ugly.

The game is fun, but since I already beat it three times prior, it feels too dragged out.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 am

Cyberization wrote:
Pros would be the soundtrack. Oh god, that soundtrack <3 And everything else basically. I loved a surprising amount of Revelations.

Definitely the soundtrack.

There is a part where you are swimming around in the Queen Dido and the music sounds like something from an Opera. I really liked that part, and just the music throughout the entire game. I really would like to get my hands on that soundtrack.

Cons?

I'm really tired of Raid Mode. I just want some cool outfits and HUNK, but instead I'm stuck in a tedious place where I won't level up much, and have like no money. I haven't even been playing RER at all because of how lame it's been. But still a great RE game irregardless.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:07 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Cyberization wrote:

Definitely the soundtrack.

There is a part where you are swimming around in the Queen Dido and the music sounds like something from an Opera. I really liked that part, and just the music throughout the entire game. I really would like to get my hands on that soundtrack.

I remember that track. Very cool stuff. This one's probably the standout for me;

Me and a buddy are ploughing through Raid at the moment, and so far it's not been too bad. I'm actually enjoying it a lot, the loot system is great. It reminds me of Phantasy Star Online in a way. Although we haven't hit Abyss yet so I'll see if it turns from a Pro to a Con once we do....
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

I recognize that track but can't place when it played?

Raid is great, at least it was my first time playing on 3DS, at this point I've been there and done that, which may contribute to it getting boring.

And I have PS Episodes 1 and 2 for GC. I love that game. The currency in there is called Meseta. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pros and Cons of Revelations   The Pros and Cons of Revelations Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pros and Cons of Revelations
Page 1 of 1