Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Jakes Campaign!

Go down 
+9
Industrial Ridden
Patrick Wesker
Shrike
Known_Hero
Vandal
Mcghie
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
Jamesy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
@Nobudy

You're right, I can't speak for everyone....but I can speak for myself: if the next RE game isn't survival horror(item management, creepy atmosphere, immersive story) then I'm done with this franchise. Plain and simple.
And that's what any consumer should do when they don't like a product. It's nothing personal, it's Just Business.
That's precisely what I did.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
@Nobudy

You're right, I can't speak for everyone....but I can speak for myself: if the next RE game isn't survival horror(item management, creepy atmosphere, immersive story) then I'm done with this franchise. Plain and simple.
I pretty much already did give up with it. I have a drawer full of Resident Evil games and action figures up the wazoo, how could such an iconic franchise shoot to shit?

Main moral here: if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:54 am

Known_Hero wrote:
@Nobudy

Considering the sales of Revelations HD and how Capcom deals with less-than-stellar sales, I highly doubt we'll be getting the horror back.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-revelations-sells-well-but-its-not-good-enough/
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:44 am

Barry Burton is invincible just cuz you beat RE1 with Jill, where Barry "Dies" before the escape. You play RE3 with the ending where Barry rescues you with the helicopter. He came to collect...

Plot Armor: It works. Always.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:14 am

RE6 sales weren't great either.

Capcom has no one to blame but themselves. They're finally feeling the repercussions of not listening to the player community. Survival horror DOES sell; if it's done correctly. A great game with enough momentum behind it is going to sell. RE6 isn't a great game. The solution isn't to give us more action or to force feed us half-assed survival horror;  it's to take in feedback from the community. Build the game around what we want. Why can't Capcom figure this out?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 am

PWNERX wrote:
Barry Burton is invincible just cuz you beat RE1 with Jill, where Barry "Dies" before the escape. You play RE3 with the ending where Barry rescues you with the helicopter. He came to collect...

Plot Armor: It works. Always.

Church.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 am

Known_Hero wrote:

Capcom has no one to blame but themselves. They're finally feeling the repercussions of not listening to the player community. Survival horror DOES sell; if it's done correctly. A great game with enough momentum behind it is going to sell. RE6 isn't a great game. The solution isn't to give us more action or to force feed us half-assed survival horror;  it's to take in feedback from the community. Build the game around what we want. Why can't Capcom figure this out?
I think a true remake of RE2 would give them a get-out-of-jail-free card, at least for a while. While fans would be creaming themselves over that game they'd have more time to plan the future.

Throw in a sequel to ORC that is actually a complete version of itself on release while we wait. I'd personally enjoy that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

I think a true remake of RE2 would give them a get-out-of-jail-free card, at least for a while. While fans would be creaming themselves over that game they'd have more time to plan the future.

Throw in a sequel to ORC that is actually a complete version of itself on release while we wait. I'd personally enjoy that.

They should reboot instead of making the RE2 remake. Like you said, a remake will only remedy the problem momentarily. They'll have to make a big move eventually. 

The problem with a remake is that it pretty much kills any idea of a reboot in this generation(ps4, Xbox One). At this point, a reboot is the only thing that will save this franchise from death.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 am

Vandal wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
@Nobudy

I pretty much already did give up with it. I have a drawer full of Resident Evil games and action figures up the wazoo, how could such an iconic franchise shoot to shit?

Main moral here: if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
The thing is, I heard that there were complaints of the same formula used over and over ever since Nemesis, Code Veronica, and 0. Apparently even when some players saw the RE 3.5 trailer, they groaned about changing the formula. Once the current version of 4 came out, apparently some of the fans that wanted a changed formula complained about the game again for changing the gameplay (Especially going from static cameras to OTS).

Now if the majority of players think that 6 is stale, then yea Capcom's going to change their formula again. If they do so, I hope the tank controls and static cameras are gone for good. No one wants to move around an invisible pillar to change directions.

Mass Distraction wrote:

Yes a remake would be nice for two and 3 actually. Especially for two. I know that the "canon" story consisted of all four campaigns combined, but the true story would be nice. Then again, we've still yet to see the canon story of RE1 so I might be asking for too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jakes Campaign!   Jakes Campaign! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jakes Campaign!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2