HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?

Go down 
+28
The mastAH!
AWDCP
gowett
spawn
Outbreakgirl
Voltius
Godzilla90s
RaviorStygian
Spike991
McShowtime
White Rock
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfield84
Vandal
will1234562
Monster Mash
Nobudy
Sargent D
VoyageTreader08
SWITCHMYND
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
ThomVD
DXP
Valentine Fan
RebelliousQueen
REWorld
ChrisSherry
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Which one?
Original
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 Vote_lcap74%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 25 ]
Newer
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Mercy wrote:
Maybe the topic name needs to be changed.
Since some people are unable to read the original post, something you should always do in a thread, I think that's a good call.

I was reluctant to do it at first since the original title was already quite long. Oh well, I still spared it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Since some people are unable to read the original post, something you should always do in a thread, I think that's a good call.
I don't understand some people sometimes.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
I guess I pick newer, mainly because they're a lot easier to jump into.

I like them equally for the most part though. I actually like REmake more than 5 and 6. Of course, I like 4 more than all of them.
So... you got to the series only after playing the newer games?
Right right. I think I remember reading the OP then not posting in the thread immediately after doing so, then much later actually posted in it after forgetting what the true purpose of the thread was. Ma bad.

Yeah, RE4 introduced me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Yeah, RE4 introduced me.
Really? I'm still surprised since I always thought of you as an old school kind of guy Razz
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Yeah, RE4 introduced me.
Really? I'm still surprised since I always thought of you as an old school kind of guy Razz
Hehe, being born in 1995 allowed me to have the best of both worlds.

RE4 first intrigued me when I saw Game Trailers' RE Retrospective and X-Play's Top 10 GC countdown, with RE4 being #1.

After playing through RE4 I was really intrigued by the series and decided to get all of the other games. I think I remember finding out what the deal with Wesker was one of the reasons for my intrigue.

Funnily enough, somecallmejohnny had a very similar RE journey to me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't understand some people sometimes.

Whatevs.

RE had caught my attention early on, definately way before RE4, but RE4 was such an excellent addition to the series.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:54 pm

originals all day and night!!! the newer ones are enjoyable but not as scary or as fun as the older games IMO.

i still remember when i was 7 i played RE3 on PC for the first time and today i collect sealed copys of RE 1-3 for PS1, posters and etc to show my love and respect for those classic games

Last edited by Godzilla90s on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a little info on my history for RE)
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 pm

I started with RE2 and fell in love. None of the other games have sparked such passion in me as RE2.

Although I love a lot of the other games, RE2 was just perfect. Great diverse locations: streets -> police station -> sewers -> underground lab. Great story with cutscenes, diverse weapons, diverse enemies, long enough gameplay.

RE1 - mansion is too small.

RE3 - too short, nemesis vs railgun at the end was just stupid. Umbrella building a zombie disposal facility next to Raccoon City park was also dumb.

RE:CV - not scary, 3D environments meant a lack of detail when compared to the old RE games with pre-rendered backgrounds, Story went no where, superpowers were introduced which i thought was stupid.

RE:Survivor - Made me hate first person shooters for years. Voice actor was annoying as hell.

RE:Zero - After the train part it all went downhill. Bored me out of my mind. Same old crap different game.

RE4: Implausible areas: The lake of lava beneath the castle, WTF? I hated the gun fights with weapon wielding ganados. No more item boxes Sad

RE5: Not scary. Pathetic story. Ruined Wesker.

RE:Outbreak 1 & 2: Not enough time for story or reading notes because of your stupid virus gauge. No voice chat with team. Character animations are as slow as snails.

RE:Dead Aim - Chicken-head and Frigid-bitch were stupid characters, after the cruise ship the environments were un-inspiring. Was there a story?
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Ya see, it all started ith RE3....that's it. It just the begining of a beautful friendship.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Can't remember if I had posted in here already...in case I did, I will make this short(ish).

Watching the trailers and reading magazine articles is what got me into RE. Many years before playing a single game I was into Resident Evil. I knew the entire story lines for all of the games that had been released, etc. For my eleventh birthday I got the REmake from a friend. I was really looking forward to RE4, so I wasn't really excited when I got it. Boy was I in for a surprise. Hands down was the best game I had ever played, and still is. That was the game that really got me hooked, and kept me hooked.
Back to top Go down
gowett
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
gowett

Steam : gowett

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:21 pm

For me it was the first RE:DC
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 am

So, what Voltius is trying to say is that he doesn't really like the series apart from RE2.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 am

As I always say, the first is always the best. I started with the first RE. Been with the series ever since.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
The mastAH!
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
The mastAH!

Steam : Ryokyon!

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:32 am

Kind of strange one for me. I knew about RE for a while at a very young age, but I didn't understand what was going on (had to do the Sherry reference >.>). But then again, the first RE I played was RE4 so... I guess the newer ones, because I have more fun with them and I as of yet am unable to complete any of the older games.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:57 am

Despite being only 16 years old, I have started with number 3. Then, the world, and everything in it.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
So, what Voltius is trying to say is that he doesn't really like the series apart from RE2.

lol, I like them but RE2 is the only one I've fallen in LOVE with.

Every now and then I pop in RE0, play RE1 remake, get chased around by nemesis in RE3, do a speed run in Code Veronica, but RE2 is just my favorite. It's hard for me to find things wrong with it. It's polished.
Back to top Go down
Rasklapanje
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 pm

I played them in this order

RE, 2, Nemesis, CV, 4, 5 and now 6

I have never played any spin off games

I would like to play the remake of RE but the last Nintendo I own was the SNES Razz

Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:13 am

Rasklapanje wrote:
I played them in this order

RE, 2, Nemesis, CV, 4, 5 and now 6

I have never played any spin off games

I would like to play the remake of RE but the last Nintendo I own was the SNES Razz

Play Survivor, Outbreaks, and Dead Aim. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 am

I actually started with RE: Director's Cut, then moved in to 2, then 3, then CV, etc... I happened to play them in order XD
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:45 am

Rasklapanje wrote:

You could play the demake of RE on the NES Very Happy
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:08 am

I played RE2 back in the day and saw a friend play the original RE. I've followed the series through everything since. I was 14 when I started my survival horror quest and I am now 27. Smile
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Originals. Director's Cut was my first
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:26 pm

I started off with resident Evil 2 back in 1998.
I never really heard a lot of information about RE1 so I never even knew a game like this excisted.
Resident evil 2 was heavily documented and was always in PS magazines and on gaming tv shows so It got my attention during development.
When I bought RE2 virgin game store was doing a deal where your got the first RE half price when purchasing RE2 so I got them both.
I tried to play RE1, was scared shitless and was killed pretty much into the beginning of the game and found it too difficult to play.
RE2 was a little easier for me and I fell in love with it and that is what kicked off my love for the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4